PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Washington's in! Who's next?

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 07:13 PM
The Eastern Washington Eagles are most likely heading to the playoffs, making it two for the Big Sky! Who's left for deciding that final berth?

GrizDen
November 17th, 2007, 07:20 PM
I've been following the "where we stand" thread most of the afternoon. It looks like the top 3 contenders are Villanova, New Hampshire (both with 4 losses....so there's some debate there) and Norfolk State (not sold on them either). Maybe the committee will surprise us and select a mid-major like San Diego (last second loss today at UC Davis) or Albany.

Zoo
November 17th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Congratulations to the Eagles for a job well done if they get into the playoffs!

BearsCountry
November 17th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Start packing for Cedar Falls or Louisiana.

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Start packing for Cedar Falls or Louisiana.

Oh, I think they are all ready for the playoffs. They Will have a good showing...winners or not.

UNHWildCats
November 17th, 2007, 07:42 PM
I've been following the "where we stand" thread most of the afternoon. It looks like the top 3 contenders are Villanova, New Hampshire (both with 4 losses....so there's some debate there) and Norfolk State (not sold on them either). Maybe the committee will surprise us and select a mid-major like San Diego (last second loss today at UC Davis) or Albany.

San Diego and Albany arent getting in, if a Pioneer or NEC team was chosen, it would be Dayton, thats not happening either though :p

appfan2008
November 17th, 2007, 07:47 PM
unfortunate gsu lost or they would be the last one...

WSBE
November 17th, 2007, 07:48 PM
UNH is the next best team objectively (rankings) & I think wins the subjective criteria as well

think of it this way....do you think the seeded team who has Ricky Santos & his offense coming into their fair weather grounds will be happy!?

Screamin_Eagle174
November 17th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Finished the season with 4 straight wins, and 5 out of the last 6... damn proud of my Eags after going 3-8 last year. Playoffs, here we come! xrotatehx :D xthumbsupx

FCS_Advocacy5
November 17th, 2007, 07:50 PM
San Diego and Albany arent getting in, if a Pioneer or NEC team was chosen, it would be Dayton, thats not happening either though :p

With the Delaware loss today (and 2 in a row), it could be quite possible that only 3 teams from the CAA are selected (JMU, UMASS, Richmond) which would open 2 spots for the playoff picture. Dayton could very well sneak in if this were the case.

LehighFan11
November 17th, 2007, 07:58 PM
With the Delaware loss today (and 2 in a row), it could be quite possible that only 3 teams from the CAA are selected (JMU, UMASS, Richmond) which would open 2 spots for the playoff picture. Dayton could very well sneak in if this were the case.

haha no

FCS_Advocacy5
November 17th, 2007, 08:06 PM
haha no

Even CSN wasn't convinced coming into the game today about Delaware having a spot locked for the playoffs.xrulesx

Delaware (8-2, 5-2)
Our Council’s first non-consensus pick, by a 4-1 margin the Blue Hens are considered IN as well. It was Kent who had them as the odd team out in the CAA, presumably with a loss to Villanova this weekend. It is true that if Delaware loses to Villanova, they would be entering selection with a two-game losing streak and would be hanging their hats on a win over James Madison and FBS Navy. Could their game against Villanova be a must-win game?

Dane96
November 17th, 2007, 08:07 PM

Are you for REAL with Dayton- Jesus...you kill me.