PDA

View Full Version : UMass, Richmond and JMU are in ----and who else?

Umass74
November 17th, 2007, 06:30 PM
UMass and Richmond are co-champs in the CAA.

JMU owns the conference second place outright with a 6-2 conference record and is 8-3 overall. They're in.

But who of the three conference loss teams get in ---if any?

WrenFGun
November 17th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Delaware is in, easily, IMO. I think UNH and 'Nova, with the upsets today, are both also now in consideration.

UMass922
November 17th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Delaware is in. They were already in regardless of the outcome of today's game. And either UNH or Villanova might very well claim the last at-large spot (I would guess UNH, but it's close).

SUjagTILLiDIE
November 17th, 2007, 06:34 PM
PVU. They deserve it xthumbsupx .

KAUMASS
November 17th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Here is my guess....Possibly 5 CAA teams are in. The 5th and last spot will go between Villanova or UNH. UNH has 4 conference losses, while Villanova has 3. My prediction is that last spot goes to Montana for a first round game.

The other 4-UMass, Richmond, JMU and Delaware. Delaware could be on the bubble, but I believe there in.

First Round Games-

Fordham @ UMass
Delaware St @ Delaware
E. Illinois @ Southern Illinois
JMU @ App. State
Wofford @ Richmond
UNH or Villanova @ Montana
E. Kentucky @ N. Iowa
E. Washington @ McNeese.

Seeds: 1. Northern Iowa 2. McNeese St(assuming win tonight) 3.Southern Illinois 4. App. State.

The Committee can handle the brackets.

DFW HOYA
November 17th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Lots of seven win teams out there.

BigApp
November 17th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Wofford, Fordham, Eastern Kentucky, McNeese and Montana are also in

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 17th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Here is my guess....Possibly 5 CAA teams are in. The 5th and last spot will go between Villanova or UNH. UNH has 4 conference losses, while Villanova has 3. My prediction is that last spot goes to Montana for a first round game.

The other 4-UMass, Richmond, JMU and Delaware. Delaware could be on the bubble, but I believe there in.

First Round Games-

Fordham @ UMass
Delaware St @ Delaware
JMU @ App. State
Wofford @ Richmond
E. Kentucky @ N. Iowa
E. Washington @ McNeese.

Seeds: 1. Northern Iowa 2. McNeese St(assuming win tonight) 3.Southern Illinois 4. App. State.

An undefeated Montana doesn't get a seed xconfusedx Yeah I'm gonna have to disagree with you there xsmiley_wix

blur2005
November 17th, 2007, 07:32 PM

First Round Games-

Fordham @ UMass
Delaware St @ Delaware
JMU @ App. State
Wofford @ Richmond
E. Kentucky @ N. Iowa
E. Washington @ McNeese.

I'm not a fan of Montana's schedule but I know the Griz will get a seed at 11-0.

Sam Adams
November 17th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Seeds: NIU, UM, McNeese, Richmond

WrenFGun
November 17th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I feel like SIU is deserving of the seed, at 10-1. Richmond beat a boatload of good teams, but SIU @ 10-1 with their only loss to the #1 seed, IMO, deserves it.

FGColonel
November 17th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Grizz will deservedly get a seed. JMU to EKU, No way Nova is in, UNH no way. What is the infatuation with the CAA? 5 teams? Thats crazy

appfan2008
November 17th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Deleware is in... but I think it may be a stretch to get 5 caa teams... but the fifth IMO should be UNH based on their victory over marshall

FGColonel
November 17th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Deleware is in... but I think it may be a stretch to get 5 caa teams... but the fifth IMO should be UNH based on their victory over marshall

Respectfully disagree Appfan. A win over marshall is not impressive at all this year.

WSBE
November 17th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Grizz will deservedly get a seed. JMU to EKU, No way Nova is in, UNH no way. What is the infatuation with the CAA? 5 teams? Thats crazy

EKU. You should go to the CAA website & take a look at what teams are in the division....then look at the FBS schools that most take on. What is your argument against 5 or 6 of those teams not being in the top 16 in the country? I think crazy is a little strong of a word!

WrenFGun
November 17th, 2007, 08:15 PM
That's been the point I've been getting bashed over..UNH/Villanova have better schedules and better wins than EIU and Norfolk State. I'm hoping the committee compromises and takes 1 of each, but who knows. UNH and NOVA are probably both going to be sitting at home.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 17th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Respectfully disagree Appfan. A win over marshall is not impressive at all this year.

If wins over poor FBS teams on their fields were so easy to come by, then why don't more FCS teams garner those wins? xconfusedx

IIRC, there were less than ten wins by FCS over FBS this year. In my book all of those wins are good wins and impressive. xtwocentsx

Khan4Cats
November 17th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Any word on who was voted the auto-bid from the CAA? Not sure if it will make a difference on if either gets a seed, but would be interesting to see for balance, since it seems like right now 3 south division teams and 1 north will make it. Wonder if the committee looks for balance with a second north CAA in UNH.

danefan
November 17th, 2007, 08:29 PM
UMass won the coin toss