PDA

View Full Version : With the games over, which 8 teams get home games?

wocorebel
November 17th, 2007, 06:08 PM
The title says it all, let me know who you think deserves a home game.

Reed Rothchild
November 17th, 2007, 06:08 PM
The games aren't over.

BigApp
November 17th, 2007, 06:12 PM
The title says it all, let me know who you think deserves a home game.

I count no less than 4 games with playoff implications that are yet to be final.

KiddBrewer
November 17th, 2007, 06:16 PM
I count no less than 4 games with playoff implications that are yet to be final.

blah blah blah, go head and put them on the board folks, i mean...no way anybody pulls an upset, that never happens......oh wait, there was that one game on september 1st.....nevermind maybe we should wait.

wocorebel
November 17th, 2007, 06:22 PM
There are not any games left that I feel would put a team out of hosting at the moment. If UNI or McNeese both lost I still think they would host. Let me know what you think according to what you feel will be the final outcomes of the rest of the games.

drpnut
November 17th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Home teams:

UNI
Montana
McNeese State
SIU
App
Mass
Wofford
Richmond

wocorebel
November 17th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Those are the exact 8 that I was about to post.

drpnut
November 17th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Road Teams:

Delaware State
EKU
EIU
Fordham
JMU
EWU
Delaware?
?

UMass922
November 17th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Northern Iowa
McNeese State
Montana
Richmond
Massachusetts
Delaware
Appalachian State
Southern Illinois

drpnut
November 17th, 2007, 06:36 PM
umass922

After Delaware lost today, at 5-3 in conference the only way they get a home game is if the "politics" dictate a Delaware St.- Delaware game.

Wofford deserves a home game over Delaware. Period.

UNHWildCats
November 17th, 2007, 06:38 PM
umass922

After Delaware lost today, at 5-3 in conference the only way they get a home game is if the "politics" dictate a Delaware St.- Delaware game.

I goit a feeling the committee is going to give us a del-del st game

Mountain Panther
November 17th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I goit a feeling the committee is going to give us a del-del st game

That is one purdy lady in your avatar, UNH. What's her name????

;)

UMass922
November 17th, 2007, 06:40 PM
umass922

It's not about who deserves it on merit. Delaware is going to get a home game because they're going to be paired with DSU due to geographic proximity. And UD is clearly the superior choice to host the game due to attendance, likely bid, etc. That's just how it works.

wocorebel
November 17th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I just don't see the winner of the SoCon (the got the autobid) not getting a home game to teams that finished behind multiple teams in a conference. I still say that the SoCon is hte toughest conference this year. The CAA just has more teams and they top teams don't always play each other. Every team plays each other in the SOCON. If the season was any longer Furman could have had a chance to get in. They turned there season around.

Old Cage
November 17th, 2007, 06:46 PM
CAA co-champion games (but on opposite sides of the bracket):

Fordham @ UMass
Delaware State @ Richmond

Any other CAA teams go on the road.

(If you don't know, the CAA flipped a coin and UMass won the automatic)

UMass922
November 17th, 2007, 06:54 PM
I just don't see the winner of the SoCon (the got the autobid) not getting a home game to teams that finished behind multiple teams in a conference.

If home games were awarded solely on merit, that would be a reasonable prediction. But that's not how it works.

GoColonels!
November 17th, 2007, 07:17 PM
If home games were awarded solely on merit, that would be a reasonable prediction. But that's not how it works.

I'd love to stand here and try to make the case for an EKU home game in the first round, too. I think it would be deserved. But, true, "deserved" has little to do with it. I know our AD made a bid, and maybe we have a shot.

Also, true, it's been a long time since the OVC has shown anything in the playoffs. This may be the year, though, when EKU and EIU both put a stop to the long OVC drought. A home game would help...

wocorebel
November 17th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Wofford has the money and I beat that they put in a huge bid to host a game. All of us doctors, lawyers , and accountants give plenty of money to the school so I think that if we put up a comparable bid then we have to get a home game and from everything that I have heard we have.

FGColonel
November 17th, 2007, 08:14 PM
UNI
McNeese
Montana
SUI
App
Richmond
UMass
EKU

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 08:16 PM
UNI
Montana
Mcneese
SUI
App
Richmond
UMass
EKU

fixed it

ButlerGSU
November 17th, 2007, 08:16 PM
umass922

They can send us up to Wofford! xsmiley_wix