PDA

View Full Version : MCNEESE WINS!

JohnStOnge
September 10th, 2005, 07:55 PM
23-20. What a PLEASANT surprise!

SpiritCymbal
September 10th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Great game by McNeese.

McNeese came to win and the Eagles were out coached.

I have not seen play calling like that since the mid 90's when Stowers was here.

JohnStOnge
September 10th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Great game by McNeese.

McNeese came to win and the Eagles were out coached.

I have not seen play calling like that since the mid 90's when Stowers was here.

Big one was the holding calling the TD back. But, hey, McNeese needed that win big time. I'll take it.

colgate13
September 10th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Wow. Welcome back Pokes!

TexasTerror
September 10th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Georgia Southern was over-rated...and McNeese is going to be ready by SLC time. No surprise here...

GaSouthern
September 10th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Georgia Southern was over-rated...and McNeese is going to be ready by SLC time. No surprise here...
:rolleyes:

GaSouthern
September 10th, 2005, 10:05 PM
BTW, tonight I saw some of the best receptions by any team in my entire life, it was a nail biter and we just choked. We will recover and hopefully wallop wofford next week.

GSU Eagle
September 10th, 2005, 10:09 PM
McNeese was the better team tonight. I had big doubts about our defense after last week's shootout vs. Northeastern, and tonight just highlighted those doubts even more.

On offense as much as I like the option we have to have some threat to pass. We are unbelievably 1 dimensional right now.

The Eagles have a long way to go to even be a contender for the playoffs at this point. We are a far cry from the team we were last year.

McNeese seemed to be a hard nosed team. Based on tonight I would say they have improved alot since last year.

rokamortis
September 10th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Congrats Cowboys - seems like a lot of upsets happened today!

GtFllsGriz
September 10th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Wow! Huge! Congrats Cowboys. I somehow think that I-AA is going to be rockin and rollin this year. We may see a lot of new faces start to rise. None of the top teams are invicible.

rokamortis
September 10th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Any Given Saturday!

SunCoastBlueHen
September 10th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Solid programs like Mcneese do not stay down for long. Welcome back to the top of I-AA! If Delaware ever has the opprotunity to play down there again, I'll be there with bells on!

Catmendue2
September 10th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Way to go Cowboys, I knew you were better than the these so-called pollsters wanted to admit. Keep up the good work and bring that Trophy home to the Boot in December. :)

DemiGS
September 10th, 2005, 11:35 PM
<B>Not Your Father's GSU....</B>
First of all allow me to congratulate the Cowboys. They looked like a very solid, balanced team tonight. They beat GSU by much more than the score reflected.

For several years now I've been preaching that Sewak is a very mediocre coach at BEST. We have been consistently out-coached in just about every game we have played under his leadership. The impressive games like some last year are probably due to the Eagles having superior athletes and the opponents not being up to par. We have all the raw talent a team could ask for, yet they are extremely ill prepared come game time. I'm not an Eagles fan that’s calling for us to change to a more passing type offense. Our brand of option has worked well for us for years but, under Sewak, we are running an extremely shallow/simplified mutant of our offense. Good teams like the Cowboys can stack 8 or 9 in the box because they know 2/3 of the plays are a fullback dive up the middle, and the other 3rd is a quarterback keeper. I call it a QB keeper because that’s what it is. There is rarely an option when our QB rolls out. In practices we hardly practice the pitch (I've watched), so the few times we try it in games its a disaster. The blocking and tackling are AWFUL, again..coaching.
Sooooo.... for our future opponents, I'll unravel the complex mystery of defending the Sewak strain of option: Stack the middle (it will pay off 2/3 of the time) and should #4 roll out, swarm him with your corners and linebackers. No.. there wont be an effective pulling guard, you don't have to really bother covering the pitch man... and should he pitch the ball get ready to dive on it because it was probably pitched behind the slotback because they don't have the timing down. On offense you can probably chew up yards on a sweep play, or just toss it long because your wideouts will be behind our corners. Should the ball carrier get hit -- keep the knees pumping and spin, since the tackle will probably be an arm tackle or at least light on technique. Things have changed at GSU, and they changed 4 years ago. We have been reaping the mediocrity in our performance against decent teams the entire time. If this year is a disaster, maybe eyes will begin to open to the fact.

DemiGS
September 10th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Not Your Father's GSU....
First of all allow me to congratulate the Cowboys. They looked like a very solid, balanced team tonight. They beat GSU by much more than the score reflected.

For several years now I've been preaching that Sewak is a very mediocre coach at BEST. We have been consistently out-coached in just about every game we have played under his leadership. The impressive games like some last year are probably due to the Eagles having superior athletes and the opponents not being up to par. We have all the raw talent a team could ask for, yet they are extremely ill prepared come game time. I'm not an Eagles fan that’s calling for us to change to a more passing type offense. Our brand of option has worked well for us for years but, under Sewak, we are running an extremely shallow/simplified mutant of our offense. Good teams like the Cowboys can stack 8 or 9 in the box because they know 2/3 of the plays are a fullback dive up the middle, and the other 3rd is a quarterback keeper. I call it a QB keeper because that’s what it is. There is rarely an option when our QB rolls out. In practices we hardly practice the pitch (I've watched), so the few times we try it in games its a disaster. The blocking and tackling are AWFUL, again..coaching.
Sooooo.... for our future opponents, I'll unravel the complex mystery of defending the Sewak strain of option: Stack the middle (it will pay off 2/3 of the time) and should #4 roll out, swarm him with your corners and linebackers. No.. there wont be an effective pulling guard, you don't have to really bother covering the pitch man... and should he pitch the ball get ready to dive on it because it was probably pitched behind the slotback because they don't have the timing down. On offense you can probably chew up yards on a sweep play, or just toss it long because your wideouts will be behind our corners. Should the ball carrier get hit -- keep the knees pumping and spin, since the tackle will probably be an arm tackle or at least light on technique. Things have changed at GSU, and they changed 4 years ago. We have been reaping the mediocrity in our performance against decent teams the entire time. If this year is a disaster, maybe eyes will begin to open to the fact.

89Hen
September 11th, 2005, 12:19 AM
Congrats Cowboys!

mainejeff
September 11th, 2005, 12:26 AM
"Solid programs like Mcneese do not stay down for long. Welcome back to the top of I-AA! If Delaware ever has the opprotunity to play down there again, I'll be there with bells on!"

Amen. My trip to Lake Charles was the best college sports roadtrip that I've ever taken. Congrats on the big win McNeese fans!

JohnStOnge
September 11th, 2005, 12:40 AM
[QUOTE=mainejeff[/QUOTE]

It was a lot more fun for you than it was for me.

DuckDuckGriz
September 11th, 2005, 02:56 AM
23-20. What a PLEASANT surprise!

Your cab is here. Please leave the Crapsville Bar.

Congrats and welcome back. :nod:

GSUAlumniEagle
September 11th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Not Your Father's GSU....

Amen.

The SoCon looks very competitvely matched up this year--and I wouldn't be too suprised to see us lose to WCU or Chatty. And, no offense to those two schools (who are obviously pretty damn good football teams), when GSU fans are worried about UTC and WCU... dark days are upon us.

ChickenMan
September 11th, 2005, 06:22 AM
The SoCon looks very competitvely matched up this year

I-AA looks to be very competitively matched up this year.

McTailGator
September 11th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Way to go Cowboys, I knew you were better than the these so-called pollsters wanted to admit. Keep up the good work and bring that Trophy home to the Boot in December. :)

Yea Cat, we not only have to get respect from who we're playing but from some of our own so called fans as well.

Glad to see you guys get a win last night too.