PDA

View Full Version : Congrats on a great season, GSU!

ASUG8
November 17th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Sorry it had to end now, especially for Foster and your other seniors. A well played year overall - Congratulations!

Zoo
November 17th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Congratulations Georgia Southern.

Eaglesrus
November 17th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Sorry it had to end now, especially for Foster and your other seniors. A well played year overall - Congratulations!

Tried to give you some rep. points ASUGTO but I got one of those "you have to spread 'em around" messages. If we'd played the first half like we did the second today we'd be cruising, we won a many close ones as we lost. Thanks for the positive comments, though, and good luck to ASU in the playoffs.

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Congrats GSU! You sure put the hurtin' to a lot of teams. Shame you aren't playing anymore this year....would of been fun.

ASUG8
November 17th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Tried to give you some rep. points ASUGTO but I got one of those "you have to spread 'em around" messages. If we'd played the first half like we did the second today we'd be cruising, we won a many close ones as we lost. Thanks for the positive comments, though, and good luck to ASU in the playoffs.

Thanks for the attempt, anyway. Too bad the Jayson Foster show didn't get to come to a field near everybody! Hope he has some opportunities going forward.

ASUG8
November 17th, 2007, 06:03 PM

I might need any you can give. Citdog just gave me a red dot for "sucking GSU's nuts"-of the three reds I have, they are all from him. Talent is talent. Gimme another, Citdog.

mistersykes
November 17th, 2007, 06:15 PM
I might need any you can give. Citdog just gave me a red dot for "sucking GSU's nuts"

xlolx

Great turnaround for the Eagles.

ERASU2113
November 17th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I pull you guys when you're not on the field with App ;)

Heck of a season, can't wait to make the trip to Statesboro next year

ButlerGSU
November 17th, 2007, 06:37 PM
I might need any you can give. Citdog just gave me a red dot for "sucking GSU's nuts"-of the three reds I have, they are all from him. Talent is talent. Gimme another, Citdog.

Citdog has given me so many neg rep ports for not saying 'the citadel'

He's pretty much an @ss. I ignore him now.

BALD EAGLE
November 17th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks ASUGTO AND Z00

ASUGTO WROTE - "Sorry it had to end now, especially for Foster and your other seniors. A well played year overall - Congratulations!"

Considering what the Eagles went through last year under the worse coach in football history and the fact that they have had 3 head coaches in three years I am very proud of the 2007 Eagles. I think they will always have a special place in Eagle history. THANKS EAGLES

In fact, in my bias opinion this team could have easily won 10 games except for a missed makeable field goal - FURMAN FANS I THINK FURMAN DESERVED TO WIN THE GAME - and the two games they lost due to the officials. Yes, I know I am not objective, but being as objective as I can I truly believe the Eagles lost the games to Chattagnooa and Elon due to bad calls by the officials.

I believe Coach Hatcher is an outstanding coach who will have many great years at Ga. Southern. THANKS COACH HATCHER

I am bias, but Jayson Foster is one of the great football players I have ever seen. With his great character, leadership and athletic ability he helped turn the Ga. Southern Football Program around from the disastrous year they had under van gorder to a successful one this year.

I believe Jayson belongs on the Ga. Southern Football "Mount Rushmore" along with Erk Russell, Paul Johnson, Tracy Ham, Adrian Peterson, and the other great Eagle Players that I have failed to mention.

JAYSON - GA. SOUTHERN FANS WILL CERTAINLY MISS YOU BUT CERTAINLY WILL NEVER FORGET YOU AND WHAT YOU HAVE MEANT TO OUR BELOVED FOOTBALL PROGRAM.

GO EAGLES

"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

furman94
November 17th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Hatcher looks like a great fit for yall. He seems like a class act to me!

GreatAppSt
November 17th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Good turn around from last year and y'all won 1 more than I predictedxthumbsupx Now enjoy your holidays.

At home.:p xsmiley_wix

lizrdgizrd
November 17th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Now if only you could have won today and lost at App. xsmhx

Nice recovery from that 3-8 season. xthumbsupx

BALD EAGLE
November 17th, 2007, 08:48 PM
FURMAN94 thanks for your comment that Hatcher looks like a great fit for us. He seems like a class act to me!

Based on everything I know about him he is a class act. I, also, believe he is a great fit for us. In fact, someone, who was close to the Ga. Southern Football Program from the day Erk Russell was hired until his last game, told me that Coach Hatcher reminded him of a young Erk Russell. Being compared to Coach Russell is the highest compliment a football coach at Ga. Southern can receive. I think we are very fortunate having him as our coach.

The way he turned our program around from last year, which was very painful and really depressing to watch, back to a program with a lot of excitement where the fans expected the Eagles to win ever game is amazing.

"FURMAN94 see you next November in one of the great rivalries in college football"

GO EAGLES

"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

appfan2008
November 17th, 2007, 09:28 PM
great turn around from only a year ago and this was a year that you can certainly grow on

Kill'em
November 18th, 2007, 07:54 AM
It has been a great coaching job by Coach Hatcher. Consider this being the 2 1/2 coach in three years with the 2 1/2 different offenses. Add to this Hatcher's love of the foward pass and tailoring his offense to put the ball in the hands of his best weapon (novel approach, huh, BVG). The top three RB's spent most of the season hurt, one season-ending knee injury in the second game. Let's not forget last year's leading rusher and backup QB are safeties, two linebackers who came from the secondary, a defensive end who is a linebacker and a season-ending injury to our most consistent cornerback and a career-ending injury to another combined with two others in the secondary being dismissed from the team

Yes, I am proud to be an Eagle! Next season will be fun to watch, especially the developement of Elon's and The Citadel's young QB's.

Laserlips
November 18th, 2007, 09:09 AM

Go for three! I'll be pulling for you..

Best Wishes,

JP

P.S.

If you are taking crap from Citdog you are doing something right...xthumbsupx

After his teams visit to Paulson we didn't hear too much out of him.

Death Dealer
November 18th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Hatcher is a great coach. You guys deserve him after the mess that was BVG. It just makes you wonder what JF could have been wthout the lost year of 2006? Really kinda sad.

phillyAPP
November 18th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks ASUGTO AND Z00

ASUGTO WROTE - "Sorry it had to end now, especially for Foster and your other seniors. A well played year overall - Congratulations!"

Considering what the Eagles went through last year under the worse coach in football history and the fact that they have had 3 head coaches in three years I am very proud of the 2007 Eagles. I think they will always have a special place in Eagle history. THANKS EAGLES

In fact, in my bias opinion this team could have easily won 10 games except for a missed makeable field goal - FURMAN FANS I THINK FURMAN DESERVED TO WIN THE GAME - and the two games they lost due to the officials. Yes, I know I am not objective, but being as objective as I can I truly believe the Eagles lost the games to Chattagnooa and Elon due to bad calls by the officials.

I believe Coach Hatcher is an outstanding coach who will have many great years at Ga. Southern. THANKS COACH HATCHER

I am bias, but Jayson Foster is one of the great football players I have ever seen. With his great character, leadership and athletic ability he helped turn the Ga. Southern Football Program around from the disastrous year they had under van gorder to a successful one this year.

I believe Jayson belongs on the Ga. Southern Football "Mount Rushmore" along with Erk Russell, Paul Johnson, Tracy Ham, Adrian Peterson, and the other great Eagle Players that I have failed to mention.

JAYSON - GA. SOUTHERN FANS WILL CERTAINLY MISS YOU BUT CERTAINLY WILL NEVER FORGET YOU AND WHAT YOU HAVE MEANT TO OUR BELOVED FOOTBALL PROGRAM.

GO EAGLES

"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

Congrats to GSU

I knew you guys were going to be this goood THIS year. Your team has speed, talent,a big heart, and now a very good coach. All off season I told people on AGS that GSU will be a very good team.

Congrats to Jayson Foster he played like the winner he is. Good luck in the future in and out of football.

bobbythekidd
November 18th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Classy thread by SoCon rivals. Thank you all very much.

mrklean
November 18th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Thank you to my SOCON family, but if you though this year was tough, whait till next year and Billy Lowe.

GATA

Kill'em
November 19th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Congrats to GSU

I knew you guys were going to be this goood THIS year. Your team has speed, talent,a big heart, and now a very good coach. All off season I told people on AGS that GSU will be a very good team.

Congrats to Jayson Foster he played like the winner he is. Good luck in the future in and out of football.

What gives me some satisfaction is that you were probably the only one outside the Georgia Southern family that felt that. Most predicted another 3-8. 4-7, or 5-6. While 7-4 is lower than I expected, I am pleased. We beat App St in Boone, beat Wofford and The Citadel. Three of our four losses came on the lst play, two in overtime and the other loss was by only eight points.

We will see how we do next year without Foster, Lewis, Campbell, and the entire offensive line.

GaSouthern
November 19th, 2007, 09:06 AM
I missed the big 3, glad were back, Furman will be pissed next year and they are playing REALLY well right now! Big 3 all make the playoffs in 2008!!!

(or bust)

JDC325
November 19th, 2007, 09:29 AM
I have no doubt it will be ASU or Woff in the championship game. Show them once again what the SoCon is all about!!!

furman94
November 19th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Amen JDC! Amen!

Kill'em
November 20th, 2007, 07:54 AM
The SoCon is going to be wild, next year. I am worried about how we will fare at uga. New QB with a new offensive line, not a good combination.

AppGirl
November 20th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Congrats, Georgia Southern. I hated that y'all broke our home streak, but I'm proud of my conference mates for making such a great turn around after last years coaching debacle. Sounds like you've got a great coach now. Last year I was glad to go to Statesboro, next year I won't be so excited.
Congrats also to Jayson Foster for SoCon offensive player of the year.

asu70
November 20th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Congrats to GSU on a good season and I'm so glad App want have to face Foster anymore. I think that it's a mistake for the playoff committee to put more emphasis on 7 D1 wins than picking the best 8 at large teams ..... and we in the Socon know the Eagles are one of those eight!

Kill'em
November 20th, 2007, 05:55 PM
One of the things many were hoping the selection committe would take into account is that we can compete with anyone in the country. Unfortunately, we also proved that anyone could beat us. When it comes down to it, we had several opportunities to make the playoffs but didn't make the plays. We did not deserve to make it.

james_lawfirm
November 20th, 2007, 06:39 PM
What gives me some satisfaction is that you were probably the only one outside the Georgia Southern family that felt that. Most predicted another 3-8. 4-7, or 5-6. While 7-4 is lower than I expected, I am pleased. We beat App St in Boone, beat Wofford and The Citadel. Three of our four losses came on the lst play, two in overtime and the other loss was by only eight points.

We will see how we do next year without Foster, Lewis, Campbell, and the entire offensive line.

GaSo had a great season with their new coach. Congrats are due! I was one who predicted a 3 - 8 season would be Hatcher's first experience. Glad to see a great season. As I review the playoff bracket, GaSo should have been there. See you next year!

Kill'em
November 20th, 2007, 10:20 PM
GaSo had a great season with their new coach. Congrats are due! I was one who predicted a 3 - 8 season would be Hatcher's first experience. Glad to see a great season. As I review the playoff bracket, GaSo should have been there. See you next year!

I wonder how many people will be in attendance. I don't expect 28K but I bet it will be large and noisy.