PDA

View Full Version : UMass + Richmond, 2007 CAA Co-Champs

EmeryZach
November 17th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Congratulations to both UMass and Richmond for being the 2007 CAA Co-Champs. xthumbsupx

We'll see who gets the auto bid after the AD's vote.

Sam Adams
November 17th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Way to go!! Big wins today by the CAA Champs !!

Tod
November 17th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Congrats to both teams! xnodx xnodx xnodx

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

EmeryZach
November 17th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I have a feeling that Richmond is going to get the auto bid.

Sam Adams
November 17th, 2007, 03:10 PM

Maybe so. Richmond could get the autobid and Massachusetts could get a seed. That would be kind of funny.

UMass922
November 17th, 2007, 03:11 PM

Of course, who gets the auto-bid at this point is completely academic, since Richmond and UMass are both going to be in the playoffs anyway.

In any case, congrats to both teams on their great regular seasons. Hopefully the success for both will continue in the playoffs.

WrenFGun
November 17th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Richmond had an amazing effort this season. With the injuries that they had and the question marks, boy did they surprise me. Tremendous quality wins, and only 2 losses, one on a miracle drive by Towson. Congrats to them.

Congrats to UMass. The Class of the CAA north.

UNHWildCats
November 17th, 2007, 03:12 PM
they should add like point differential in conference games or something as a tie breaker... Seems awful stupid to leave it to the ADs to vote on.

UMass922
November 17th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Maybe so. Richmond could get the autobid and Massachusetts could get a seed. That would be kind of funny.

I doubt it. Richmond should clearly get a seed over UMass, if it comes down to a choice between the two. I do think that the Spiders have a legitimate case for the #4 seed, and I would not be surprised to see them get it, even though no one on this board has been mentioning them in all the seeding talk. But I'll guess that it goes to SIU or possibly ASU (both of whom would be deserving as well).

BigApp
November 17th, 2007, 03:13 PM
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0158.gifCongrats to both teams! http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0158.gif

Sam Adams
November 17th, 2007, 03:15 PM
A coin flip would be fairer than letting it be a vote.

EmeryZach
November 17th, 2007, 03:36 PM
I'll be honest. I'd give it to Richmond. They've beaten better teams.

UMass922
November 17th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I'll be honest. I'd give it to Richmond. They've beaten better teams.

Agreed.

spdram
November 17th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the kudos, and congrats to UMass. This has been a Richmond team at Richmond this season, no matter how hard you hit them they come back for more. Good Luck to all the playoff teams!

minuteman65
November 17th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Can't wait for the playoffs now. Looks like UMass is finally starting to hit on all cylinders, and from what I saw (a few highlights) Coen looks healthy enough. Gonna be a tough team to beat (I hope!).

RadMann
November 17th, 2007, 04:33 PM
UMass is definitely the top team in hte CAA north this year, but using the word "class" with UMass is somewhat questionable... ;)

Zoo
November 17th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Great job by both Richmond and UMass this season. :D

TheValleyRaider
November 17th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Congrats to both Minutemen and Spiders

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

Umass74
November 17th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Congrats to the Spiders. Good luck in the playoffs. :)

Sam Adams
November 17th, 2007, 05:26 PM
UMass is definitely the top team in hte CAA north this year, but using the word "class" with UMass is somewhat questionable... ;)

classic ud response.

BTW the CAA ADs met and determined that Richmond and Masachusetts were indistinguishable and then Massachusetts won the CAA auto bid based upon a coin toss by CAA Commissioner Tom Yeager.

We'll take it !!

xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

RadMann
November 17th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Sam Adams, actually you're one of the primary UMass folks that prompted my comment. You're classic UMass....

Sam Adams
November 17th, 2007, 05:54 PM
I resemble that remark. xlolx xlolx xlolx

Give it a rest Rad and try to show some class.

Congratulations to RICHMOND and MASSACHUSETTS your 2007 CAA CHAMPIONS !!!!!!

xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx