PDA

View Full Version : Albany wins the NEC!

danefan
November 17th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Danes win the NEC with a perfect conference record.
UA 49
CCSU 14

Looks like we'll be on to the Gridiron Classic against Dayton (Dec. 1).

Unless of course pigs fly and everyone on the bubble loses.

Good season for the Danes no matter what!xthumbsupx

David McCarty for player of the week and NEC offensive player of the year. 19 carries for 249 yds and 2 TDs today!

BlueHen86
November 17th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Congrats Albany!
xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Dane96
November 17th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Scoring margin within conference was 30+

Sucks...that Colgate loss is going to keep UA out of the playoffs...though we will be in the discussion. 9-2 with the domination of the NEC...and Albany would have been in IMHO.

As Danefan said-- Bittersweet win!

Now the game that Mike Kelly has ducked for 10 years.

WrenFGun
November 17th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Congrats to Albany! Your America East brethren in basketball look forward to playing you next season!

danefan
November 17th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Colgate losing
GSU losing
Norfolk State losing
Hofstra lost

xcoffeex xcoffeex

UMass922
November 17th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Congrats Albany! Good luck in the Gridiron Classic. I'll be rooting for you.

TheValleyRaider
November 17th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Congrats Albany

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

Finish strong in the GIC xnodx

EmeryZach
November 17th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Nice job Albany. It has to be the LSU uniforms that you guys have.

Seawolf97
November 17th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Good Job Albany!xthumbsupx

Zoo
November 17th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Congratulations Albany for a great season.

Green26
November 17th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Congrats to Albany. They gave the Griz a good game. They were very physical. Astute fans knew Albany was a very good team after seeing them early in the season.

DuckDuckGriz
November 17th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Congrats Albany. Now what's about Montana having a cupcake OOC? xconfusedx

BobbyMo
November 17th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Good job Albany. If you guys dont get a chance in the playoffs, good luck against Dayton. Do the NEC proud either way.

DetroitFlyer
November 17th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Great job Albany. I think that given today's results, Dayton or Albany, (heck, why not both). just might be going to the playoffs. Both teams have created a situation that has to challenge the committee....

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Great job Albany. I think that given today's results, Dayton or Albany, (heck, why not both). just might be going to the playoffs. Both teams have created a situation that has to challenge the committee....

So true. Tough decisions to be made in the room with the committee. I hope the Danes make it...it will make the griz look better for sure...and also, albany deserves more play for their hard work.

Sam Adams
November 17th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Congratulations to the Albany Danes -NEC Champs - Great win today !!!

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 17th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Good job Danes!

Calif_Colonial
November 17th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Congratulation to the UAlbany Great Danes, 2007 NEC Champs!

They go 6-0 in conference play and join Robert Morris and Sacred Heart as the third team to go undefeated in conference play.

Good Luck in the Gridiron Classic! I'll be pulling for the Danes.

flyenhigh
November 17th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Congrats to Albany!!!!!!!!!....see you guys at the Classic!!!!

RE/MAXGriz
November 17th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Great job, congrats Danes!

Seahawks Fan
November 18th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Congrats Albany. Now go take it to them in the Classic. xthumbsupx

Boogs
November 18th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Scoring margin within conference was 30+

Sucks...that Colgate loss is going to keep UA out of the playoffs...though we will be in the discussion. 9-2 with the domination of the NEC...and Albany would have been in IMHO.

As Danefan said-- Bittersweet win!

That one point win against slim-jim (WR) and porky (OT) Stony Brook was impressive. xwhistlex

Now the game that Mike Kelly has ducked for 10 years.

Duck my aunt fanny. The last time we played you, you lost. xrulesx

Robert Morris and Duquesne are closer (Pittsburgh). Dayton runs a program in the black. Besides, there's nothing to do (tourism) in the Albany area that would be of interest to the players. It's also a selling point to have Jacksonville and San Diego on the schedule to entice recruits.

xcoffeex

danefan
November 18th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Hey Boogs. Guess what, both Dayton and Albany have a shot at an at-large today. Please get over yourself.

If you want to smack, start a thread on the smack board and have at it pal.

UAalum72
November 18th, 2007, 09:36 AM
At least Booger only said Albany has no tourism attractions (though I'd bet it's better than Dayton) and didn't bring Dayton Flyer Football Fan's argument that there's 'absolutely nothing to do' in New York City.

I't been twelve years since Dayton played first-year D-II Albany, and Kelly hasn't found time for a return game. If it quacks like a duck...

Ivytalk
November 18th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Congrats to Albany for a great year!xthumbsupx xbowx The jewel in the crown of the NY system!

Boogs
November 18th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Hey Boogs. Guess what, both Dayton and Albany have a shot at an at-large today. Please get over yourself.

Ummm,..I did! Join in on the smack! I started the thread yesterday. xwhistlex

Boogs
November 18th, 2007, 10:09 AM

G-d help us all if either one of those two squads get a bid!

Safety comes first! I don't want to see Dayton or Albany get their players tossed around like a rag doll into the ground. xnonox

Boogs
November 18th, 2007, 10:13 AM
At least Booger only said Albany has no tourism attractions (though I'd bet it's better than Dayton) and didn't bring Dayton Flyer Football Fan's argument that there's 'absolutely nothing to do' in New York City.

The home base of reference is Dayton, Ohio for a projected away game.

I't been twelve years since Dayton played first-year D-II Albany, and Kelly hasn't found time for a return game. If it quacks like a duck...

Yeah I know the Gothiah City college whatevers (spelling) begged Dayton for a game in the D3 era which Dayton agreed and it ended up to be a 72-0 massacre.

Your point is?

Nothing fun to do in New York city during the fall when a better trip at the same price can be achieved to the south/beach schools xcoffeex .

BlueHen86
November 18th, 2007, 10:17 AM
G-d help us all if either one of those two squads get a bid!

Safety comes first! I don't want to see Dayton or Albany get their players tossed around like a rag doll into the ground. xnonox

I wouldn't worry about Albany, they played at Montana this year and lived to tell about it. If they get a bid they will be just fine.

Dane96
November 18th, 2007, 11:23 AM
That one point win against slim-jim (WR) and porky (OT) Stony Brook was impressive. xwhistlex

Duck my aunt fanny. The last time we played you, you lost. xrulesx

Robert Morris and Duquesne are closer (Pittsburgh). Dayton runs a program in the black. Besides, there's nothing to do (tourism) in the Albany area that would be of interest to the players. It's also a selling point to have Jacksonville and San Diego on the schedule to entice recruits.

xcoffeex

You mean when we were a DIII team? You guys were supposed to give us a return game upon moving to DI...and Kelly bailed. Go grab your computer stats program...and continue to wallow in LA LA land.

Dane96
November 18th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Congrats to Albany for a great year!xthumbsupx xbowx The jewel in the crown of the NY system!

And the Harvard on the Hudson xsmiley_wix

Dane96
November 18th, 2007, 11:25 AM
The home base of reference is Dayton, Ohio for a projected away game.

Yeah I know the Gothiah City college whatevers (spelling) begged Dayton for a game in the D3 era which Dayton agreed and it ended up to be a 72-0 massacre.

Your point is?

Nothing fun to do in New York city during the fall when a better trip at the same price can be achieved to the south/beach schools xcoffeex .

Score was 40-14 if I remember correctly...and we were still two year away from our DIII transition.

Boogs
November 18th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Score was 43-10 if I remember correctly.

No it was a massacre 72-0. The name of the school had the same reference to Batman the TV series -- Gothiam City (spelling) something.

Don't forget about the smack thread, Dane96. Don't pretend it's not there. xwhistlex

Dane96
November 18th, 2007, 11:31 AM
NOPE...rechecked the score at michigan-football.com (compilation of all FCS teams).

Score was 40-14...NOW SHUT THE **** UP!

BlueHen86
November 18th, 2007, 11:32 AM
No it was a massacre 72-0. The name of the school had the same reference to Batman the TV series -- Gothiam City (spelling) something.

Don't forget about the smack thread, Dane96. Don't pretend it's not there. xwhistlex

Don't forget about your meds.xconfusedx