PDA

View Full Version : App Offense

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 17th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Just an observation, App now is the number 1 offense in the FCS at 479 yds a game, and the defense is number 1 in yds per game in the Southern Conference. Now that the offense is as healthy as it has been all year, and the extremely talanted but young defense is gaining valuable experence, and getting better every game, I would be disappointed if they do not make a serious run to Chatt.

citdog
November 17th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Just an observation, App now is the number 1 offense in the FCS at 479 yds a game, and the defense is number 1 in yds per game in the Southern Conference. Now that the offense is as healthy as it has been all year, and the extremely talanted but young defense is gaining valuable experence, and getting better every game, I would be disappointed if they do not make a serious run to Chatt.

a young defense? your entire secondary exhausts their eligiblity after this season.

appfan2008
November 17th, 2007, 10:13 AM
a young defense? your entire secondary exhausts their eligiblity after this season.

yes but our entire dline is in their first year starting... but yes our secondary is as old as they can be as three of them are four year starters...

PaladinFan
November 17th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Are you kidding? You have a transfer and a guy who started last year at least. All four of your defensive backs are seniors. Yes, you have a couple young players on the team, but ASU might have more starting experience on their defense than any other team in the conference.

appstate38
November 17th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Are you kidding? You have a transfer and a guy who started last year at least. All four of your defensive backs are seniors. Yes, you have a couple young players on the team, but ASU might have more starting experience on their defense than any other team in the conference.

Yeah we have a transfer on the line but he has never played for us. He was even quoted that even though he came from LSU, he still had to learn the system.

BigApp
November 17th, 2007, 12:47 PM

does the secondary make up an entire defense?

PaladinFan
November 17th, 2007, 01:48 PM
No one is saying you don't have young players. I'd be willing to bet that there are more starts among ASU's 11 defenders than any other school in the conference, with the exception of maybe Furman.

Let us also not act like a transfer defensive end has to spend months studying the play book. It's defensive end, the "system" isn't exactly difficult.

appstate38
November 17th, 2007, 01:58 PM
No one is saying you don't have young players. I'd be willing to bet that there are more starts among ASU's 11 defenders than any other school in the conference, with the exception of maybe Furman.

Let us also not act like a transfer defensive end has to spend months studying the play book. It's defensive end, the "system" isn't exactly difficult.

If you have never laced them up then you ought not speak of things to which you don't understand.xnonox

ERASU2113
November 17th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Starters for today's game against Chatty

DE: Tony Robertson, Soph
DT: Bobby Bozzo: Fresh
DT: Anthony Williams: Soph
DE: Gary Tharrington: Soph

Linebackers:
D.J. Smith: Fresh
Jacque Roman: Soph
Pierre Banks: Junior

Secondary:
Justin Woazeah: Senior
Titus Howard: Senior
Corey Lynch: Senior
Jerome Touchstone: Senior

citdog
November 17th, 2007, 02:04 PM
does the secondary make up an entire defense?

5 of 11 are gone next year so you don't have a young d. you have a d that has to make up for 5 statrers lost.

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 17th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Its okay citdog,

I know you have nightmares worrying about who we have playing for us in the future. Fact is, App might have more young talent on this team. that have a chance to be All conference or even all Americans than perhaps Moore has ever had. Things change of course, (transfers, grades etc.) but if this class of freshman and sophmores stay togeather for 4 years, I predict serveral more NC championships. The competition had better beat us this year, becouse I don't see it happening in the future. We are to the point now where we don't rebuild, we reload!! Go Mountaineers

AshevilleApp
November 17th, 2007, 04:18 PM
The defense I just saw in the 2nd quarter has no chance at the NC......to inconsistent against the run. A good running team will give us fits (see Wofford, GSU).

PaladinFan
November 17th, 2007, 04:21 PM
If you have never laced them up then you ought not speak of things to which you don't understand.xnonox

Have laced em up. Played defensive end.

The end is nothing like quarterback or MLB. You have outside contain. You can run some zone blitzes and drop back into coverage. You can rush the passer. You can loop stunt with the defensive tackle.

Yes, he has to learn the system. It might have taken him 2 weeks. End is about being physical and keeping your outside free. Nothing like the reads a QB has to learn that can take years.