PDA

View Full Version : UTC keeps Rodney Allison

NashMoc
November 14th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I am absolutely flabergasted by this announcement on all levels. The timing, after another embarrasing defeat at the hands of Wofford. The fact that RA is neither going to extended or fired going into the final year of his contract. Can you say a recruiting class made up exclusively JUCOs and FBS tranfers? xbawlingx

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17700&ATCLID=1312103

terrierbob
November 14th, 2007, 03:10 PM
does he have video footage of your AD porking a goat or something? that guy is incompetent.

I was a gerbil issue, evidently.

terrierbob
November 14th, 2007, 03:12 PM
So basically they want a nice guy, a father figure, and someone who'll help the students' 4 or 5 years in school? That's a chaplain, not a coach.

JDC325
November 14th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I am absolutely flabergasted by this announcement on all levels. The timing, after another embarrasing defeat at the hands of Wofford. The fact that RA is neither going to extended or fired going into the final year of his contract. Can you say a recruiting class made up exclusively JUCOs and FBS tranfers? xbawlingx

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17700&ATCLID=1312103

Your AD is giving ours a run for money. WOW...xoopsx

Appdad
November 14th, 2007, 03:16 PM
He is a good coach and a good man that is turning a terrible program around. It takes time and there are bumps in the road along the rebuilding path.

NashMoc
November 14th, 2007, 03:27 PM
He is a good coach and a good man that is turning a terrible program around. It takes time and there are bumps in the road along the rebuilding path.

Time? This is year 5 for Rodney Allison, the year in which he himself said the coaching staff should be judged on. So how has RA0005 gone, starts with a loss to D II teamxsmhx. We have been blown out by Citadel and Wofford, plus Elon took it to us pretty good.

NashMoc
November 14th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Evidence of RA's incompetence:

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
-----------------------------------------------------------
B. Fitzgerald 10 101 672 8 664 6.6 3 79 66.4
Erroll Wynn 10 175 700 38 662 3.8 3 57 66.2

Numbers don't lie, coaching staff continues to start and give more touches to lesser performing back. Maybe Erroll Wynn is a nicer guy.

walliver
November 14th, 2007, 03:42 PM
The article talks about "highly regarded recruiting classes". That seems to be the real problem. He has highly regarded recruiting classes that don't translate into highly regarded on-field performance. To me that is a coaching issue.

On the other hand, when was the last time UTC beat GSU two years in a row? (maybe that is what saved his job)xconfusedx

NashMoc
November 14th, 2007, 03:49 PM
The article talks about "highly regarded recruiting classes". That seems to be the real problem. He has highly regarded recruiting classes that don't translate into highly regarded on-field performance. To me that is a coaching issue.

On the other hand, when was the last time UTC beat GSU two years in a row? (maybe that is what saved his job)xconfusedx

I believe that his first highly regarded recruiting class has just 5-6 remaining players. Most that left were due to academics. Looking over the roster there are not a lot of promising underclassmen. This is due to RA's heavy short sided reliance on JUCOs. Next year will be more of the same for Moc fans.

catamount man
November 14th, 2007, 04:51 PM
So basically they want a nice guy, a father figure, and someone who'll help the students' 4 or 5 years in school? That's a chaplain, not a coach.

VERY similar to Kent's 3 year extension last year. In that case, Moc fans will only have to endure him 1 more year if it's anything like our path.xthumbsupx

RazorEdge19
November 14th, 2007, 06:26 PM
If you ask me, UTC is a few plays away from being a far different team. I watched the game against Wofford and if they score rather then turn the ball over on the goalline, it is a whole different ball game. Chatt is closer then people think. Losing Miller will hurt, but they have a good offense and good personnel.