PDA

View Full Version : UNI vs. SUU - 10-0 vs 0-10

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Southern Utah's Coach Meier says:

"We want to see the guys in our conference, the guys we have a tremendous amount of respect for as coaches and players, do well," he said. "No disrespect to Northern Iowa, but I just don't know if they're the quality of some of the teams in our conference." (Grand Forks(ND) Herald)

Bad way to start the week coach. xnonono2x

I predict an ugly game. This may have been a trap game before, but they aren't exactly sneaking in with that quote.

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2007, 02:47 PM
UNI 45 - Thunderbirds 10.

skinny_uncle
November 14th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Be careful. You are playing the best 0-10 team in the country.
:D

stevdock
November 14th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Be careful with them. With a realistic schedule this team could easily be .500 team. Even with a couple of better breaks for them this year, they could have 3 wins. They can be pretty sloppy with the ball every once in a while (7 against SDSU last week), but they do give everything that they've got. I know they gave me a scare during the first half of our game.

skinny_uncle
November 14th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Didn't scare us much.

Mountain Panther
November 14th, 2007, 03:10 PM
If they were a good team, a team capable of beating us, they would have found a way to win at least one game this year.

swaghook
November 14th, 2007, 03:12 PM
If they were a good team, a team capable of beating us, they would have found a way to win at least one game this year.
They still have one left to play.xsmiley_wix

slycat
November 14th, 2007, 03:36 PM
upset of the year.

swaghook
November 14th, 2007, 03:42 PM
upset of the year.Could happen if UNI's players are already looking forward to the play offs and thinking that SUU will be as easy to beat as the last 0-10 team they cleaned up on.

westdakotabison
November 14th, 2007, 03:53 PM
UNI - Whatever they want it to be
SUU - 7 Personal foul penalies

Purple For Life
November 14th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I really think the team realizes how important this game is--remember, they aren't just playing for the championships, we want that number one seed and three straight home games before Chattanooga!

DSUHornet
November 14th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Be careful. You are playing the best 0-10 team in the country.
:D

xcoachx xasswhipx xasswhipx xasswhipx xasswhipx

Thunderstruck84
November 14th, 2007, 04:06 PM
After Wes Meier's bold (a.k.a. stupid) comment about the quality of UNI, SUU will need to conjure up the brashness of Joe Willie Namath from Super Bowl III in order to have a chance in this game. Translation, UNI scores early and often for the easy win. I hope I'm wrong though;).

Kelly Green
November 14th, 2007, 04:07 PM

"We want to see the guys in our conference, the guys we have a tremendous amount of respect for as coaches and players, do well," he said. "No disrespect to Northern Iowa, but I just don't know if they're the quality of some of the teams in our conference." (Grand Forks(ND) Herald)

I predict an ugly game. This may have been a trap game before, but they aren't exactly sneaking in with that quote.

Where exactly in the GF Herald did you find this quote?

Mountain Panther
November 14th, 2007, 04:08 PM
They still have one left to play.xsmiley_wix

So do you. xsmiley_wix

JayJ79
November 14th, 2007, 04:08 PM
UNI - Whatever they want it to be
SUU - 7 Personal foul penalies

I truly hope that isn't the case as far as penalties, because that would mean that SUU had resorted to thuggery and cheap shots, which is really uncool.

Kelly Green
November 14th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Where exactly in the GF Herald did you find this quote?

Nevermind...I Googled the entire quote and came up with one hit:

GOBISON.COM (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1311081&db_oem_id=2400)

Thunderstruck84
November 14th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Nevermind...I Googled the entire quote and came up with one hit:

GOBISON.COM (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1311081&db_oem_id=2400)
I also saw it on Terry Vandrovec's SDSU blog under the title "Great West Roundup".

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/

swaghook
November 14th, 2007, 04:27 PM
So do you. xsmiley_wixExcept the Bison won't be underesimating their opponent. They know the bunnies will be up for the game to decide the Great West and the Dakota Marker. Not one player will be thinking the game is in the bag and feeling that like they have a cupcake on their hands. Will UNI's players be respecting the T-birds?

Mountain Panther
November 14th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Except the Bison won't be underesimating their opponent. They know the bunnies will be up for the game to decide the Great West and the Dakota Marker. Not one player will be thinking the game is in the bag and feeling that like they have a cupcake on their hands. Will UNI's players be respecting the T-birds?

Oh I believe you're up for SDSU, since you don't have playoffs beyond that.

Our goal is a #1 seed and home field throughout the playoffs. The coaches haven't had a problem keeping the players focused this year.

Ronin
November 14th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Focus will be the key, but the coaches have done a great job in keeping the players as a whole thinking about the game.

A game is never decided until it is played. On paper this should be a cake walk for the Panthers and I'll be there to see them go undefeated in regular season. xnodx

Drblankstare
November 14th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Whats the UNI school record for points in a game... I'll go with that +7

Grizaholic17
November 14th, 2007, 05:25 PM

let's just hope your coach doesn't pull the finger.

AmsterBison
November 14th, 2007, 05:30 PM
It's going to be ugly, I think. I saw some highlights of the South Dakota State game and Southern Utah defenders have forgotten how to tackle.

Mountain Panther
November 14th, 2007, 05:31 PM
let's just hope your coach doesn't pull the finger.

It will be their coach you gives the finger when our coach kicks on onside after we go up 43-0.

Just kidding....Farley would never do that.

crunifan
November 14th, 2007, 05:38 PM

Last week we beat Indiana State (who is much worse than Southern Utah) 68-14.

Our first string left before half time and they never came back.

skinny_uncle
November 14th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Cap'n Cat is awfully quiet on this issue. Did he get banned again?
xlolx

Mountain Panther
November 14th, 2007, 06:14 PM
xlolx

Got a job in a different state, so I would assume he's moving.

skinny_uncle
November 14th, 2007, 07:01 PM

The UNI record for most points in a game is 82 set against Wisconsin-Platteville in 1915.

Gil Dobie
November 14th, 2007, 07:29 PM
xlolx

No internet in Green Bay xlolx ;)

igo4uni
November 14th, 2007, 08:01 PM
No internet in Green Bay xlolx ;)

They don't even have electricity!!:D :D :D