PDA

View Full Version : Is EWU a lock with a win over Weber?

Screamin_Eagle174
November 13th, 2007, 03:24 PM
I think so, but as a Big "Talk Crap After We Upset The Top Seed In The Playoffs" Sky fan, I have a "West Coast Bias." xlolx xrotatehx xthumbsupx

What does everyone else think?

edit: For those that don't know, Eastern is 7-3 currently, with the two FCS losses by a combined 8 points (Montana, Portland State), and the other to BCS BYU.

AZGrizFan
November 13th, 2007, 03:26 PM
xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

GannonFan
November 13th, 2007, 03:28 PM
I think so, but as a Big "Talk Crap After We Upset The Top Seed In The Playoffs" Sky fan, I have a "West Coast Bias." xlolx xrotatehx xthumbsupx

What does everyone else think?

Yeah, of course you guys make it with a win - where've you been????? Might as well ask if the Pope is Catholic.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 13th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Yeah, of course you guys make it with a win - where've you been????? Might as well ask if the Pope is Catholic.

The Pope's Catholic!!!!!????? xoopsx

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 13th, 2007, 03:44 PM
You're in if you win...aren't if you lose

So you better win so the BSC can have two teams! xthumbsupx xnodx :)

TheBisonator
November 13th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I stupidly voted that you would win, but not make the playoffs, because I didn't take 2 minutes to check on your record and schedule. Now that I saw that, then yes, you will get in if you win.

Sowwy.:D

Ivytalk
November 13th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Just win, baby!xnodx

thecardiackid
November 13th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Go Eags! I'm recruiting neighbors, friends, prisoners, old ladies, and anyone else I can find to cheer us on.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 13th, 2007, 03:50 PM
You guys better win, I want to hear McBride crying again :D

Ivytalk
November 13th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Go Eags! I'm recruiting neighbors, friends, prisoners, old ladies, and anyone else I can find to cheer us on.

Why not bring Dick Cheney to Cheney?;) :D xnutsx

I Bleed Purple
November 13th, 2007, 03:58 PM
You guys better win, I want to hear McBride crying again :D

Sounds like a byoo fan...er BYU fan to me. We play well in Cheney. No walkover for them. They'll have to earn that bid in. Obviously, I have no problem with the Big Sky having only one playoff team this year. I can tell you we'll play it as a playoff game.

eagle1
November 13th, 2007, 04:57 PM
No one is guaranteeing a win over Weber State, we are not coached by Joe Glenn of Wyoming xlolx but rather posing the questions IF EWU wins do they get in as one of the at-large. I am sure that Weber will be ready to play but EWU is also in a must win situation so it ought to be a good game. Go Eagles!!!

BlueHen86
November 13th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I say yes. Win and they are in.

I Bleed Purple
November 13th, 2007, 05:02 PM
No one is guaranteeing a win over Weber State, we are not coached by Joe Glenn of Wyoming xlolx but rather posing the questions IF EWU wins do they get in as one of the at-large. I am sure that Weber will be ready to play but EWU is also in a must win situation so it ought to be a good game. Go Eagles!!!

Going off the poll question. Of course, my prediction is one of the four votes so far. :(

wapiti
November 13th, 2007, 05:22 PM
If you win you are in and may even get a home game for the first round.xnodx
lose and you are a bubble team looking in. xbawlingx

UMass922
November 13th, 2007, 05:31 PM
EWU will be in with a win.

UMass922
November 13th, 2007, 05:32 PM
If you win you are in and may even get a home game for the first round.xnodx
lose and you are a bubble team looking in. xbawlingx

If they lose, they won't be a bubble team. They'll be out, since they'd only have six D-I wins.

sharkeycox
November 13th, 2007, 05:48 PM
EWU will be in with a win.

Yup, they'll be in and if history repeats itself the will be boarding a plane to play McNeese in "da Hole". xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
November 13th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Yup, they'll be in and if history repeats itself the will be boarding a plane to play McNeese in "da Hole". xthumbsupx

Or repeating a more recent history and board a plane to play UNI in the Dome. I'd like that rematch! xthumbsupx

I seriously doubt we'd get a home game though; we'd be anywhere between a 14-16 ranking, and heading to a seed the first round. But if we knocked them off (2004, SIU) we might get a home game (Sam Houston State).

appfan2008
November 13th, 2007, 06:15 PM
the way the committee likes to keep the teams spread out and from different conferences i would say there is no way you are out if you win... especially if things like gsu losing happens... so good luck ewu

GOKATS
November 13th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Eags win they're in, but I wouldn't hold out hopes for a first round home game. A loss might not be the end of the world, depends on what a bunch of other teams do this weekend.

appfan2008
November 13th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Eags win they're in, but I wouldn't hold out hopes for a first round home game. A loss might not be the end of the world, depends on what a bunch of other teams do this weekend.

as already been stated in this thread of all places... they lose they wont have 7 d1 wins!!!

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 13th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Sounds like a byoo fan...er BYU fan to me. We play well in Cheney. No walkover for them. They'll have to earn that bid in. Obviously, I have no problem with the Big Sky having only one playoff team this year. I can tell you we'll play it as a playoff game.

Not really a BYU or Utah fan, McBride just cracks me up is all :) I like to watch either of the 2 play when I can, I'm a football fan, but mostly a Griz fan. I always make it up to watch the Griz in Ogden and it's always fun. I made it out of the car for about 15 seconds and got a "Montana Sucks!" so it's always fun and entertaining.

SeattleGriz
November 13th, 2007, 10:50 PM
EWU wins, goes to the playoffs, and gains some respect for an 8-3 Big Sky team.

GOKATS
November 13th, 2007, 11:18 PM
as already been stated in this thread of all places... they lose they wont have 7 d1 wins!!!

They don't have to have 7 DI wins- it's a guideline for the selection committee, not a requirement.

Grizaholic17
November 13th, 2007, 11:26 PM
EWU wins, goes to the playoffs, and gains some respect for an 8-3 Big Sky team.

How true. Those Eags scare me. I can't wait until they win, get in the playoffs, and beat whoever they play in the first round!!! This is going to be great...haha. You win, you're in