PDA

View Full Version : 14 Games to Watch This Weekend

BDKJMU
November 12th, 2007, 09:37 PM
This kind of ties in with the Bracket Predictions thread. Games with major playoff implications:

As of now LIKELY seeds IF they win Saturday:
(UNI isn't going to lose to 0-10 S. Utah)
-Montana is @ 6-4 Montana State in a huge rivalry game and just had 3 players arrested
-McNeese hosts 6-4 Central Arkansas
-SIU is @ 6-4 Hampton

All 4 of them are in win or lose. My prediction is ONE of those 3 besides UNI loses to their 6-4 opponent and ASU, who hosts 2-8 U Tenn Chattanooga gets the #4 seed. ASU is in regardless.
In the HIGHLY UNLIKELY event a second one loses then UR or UMass would get a seed (provided they beat W&M & Hofstra respectively, but who are both in regardless).

-Wofford, EKU, DSU, and Fordham have also sewn up AQ's.
-UD (75%+ chance) are in even if they lose to Nova.

Win and they're in:
-JMU hosts 3-7 Towson
-EWU hosts 5-5 Weber State
-GSU @ 1-9 I-A Colorodo State

Win and they might get a bid:
E. ILL hosts 4-6 Samford

Win and they need help (losses among JMU, EWU, GSU, E. Ill):
-Hofstra @ UMass
-Alabama A&M: 8-2 and @ 6-4 Prarie View next Saturday. Have a Div II on schedule, no I-A, win would give them 8 Div I wins. *If Alabama A&M wins and Alcorn State beats Jackson State, that would put Alabama A&M in the SWAC title game.
-Colgate: 7-3 and @ 6-4 Holy Cross next Saturday. Have no Div II or I-A on schedule, so win would give them 8 Div I wins.
-Albany: 7-3 & @ 6-4 Cent Connecticut State next Saturday. Have no Div II or I-A on schedule, so win would give them 8 Div I wins.
-Norfolk State: 7-3 and hosts 6-4 Winston Salem State next Saturday. have a Div II and I-A (Rutgers, 59-0) on schedule, so win would give them 7 Div I wins
Notice how the last 4 all have decent 6-4 opponents, as do the teams fighting for the 2-4 seeds.

So here are your 14 games with playoff implications as far as seeds or getting an at large (where there is at least a 10% chance or greater of an upset- notice how I'm not counting UNI vs 0-10 S Utah or ASU hosting 2-8 WCU- virtually no chance of upsets there):
-Montana @ Montana State
-Central Arkansas @ McNeese
-SIU @ Hampton
-W&M @ UR
-UMass @ Hofstra
-Towson @ JMU
-UD @ Nova
-Weber St @ EWU
-GSU @ Colorodo State
-Samford @ E ILL
-Alabama A&M @ Prarie Viw
-Colgate @ Holy Cross
-Albany @ Central Connecticut State
-Winston Salem State @ Norfolk State

I'm sure someone will mention a game I left out. And the bracket that I did yesterday will have to be halfway redone I'm sure after Saturday's games before the selection show next Sun.

appfan2008
November 12th, 2007, 09:53 PM
even if utc @ asu is not one of your 14 games to watch... i will be watching it in person!

catamount man
November 12th, 2007, 10:24 PM
even if utc @ asu is not one of your 14 games to watch... i will be watching it in person!

I'll be recording Furman-WCU and Mocs-Apps. Heck, I got about as many ASU games as I do WCU games. HA!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

bigskyrocks
November 14th, 2007, 06:49 PM
i wouldnt count out souther utah over UNI, SUU is probably the best 0-10 in the fcs probably the better then most 2-8 3-7 teams but they had to play the worst schedule ever, at montana, uni, ndsu ext... so i could see an upset here that being said uni wins by 24

skinny_uncle
November 14th, 2007, 06:52 PM
i wouldnt count out souther utah over UNI, SUU is probably the best 0-10 in the fcs probably the better then most 2-8 3-7 teams but they had to play the worst schedule ever, at montana, uni, ndsu ext... so i could see an upset here that being said uni wins by 24
SUU being the best 0-10 team is like being the prettiest wallflower at the Dance.
:D

Houndawg
November 14th, 2007, 08:46 PM
SUU being the best 0-10 team is like being the prettiest wallflower at the Dance.
:D

Brutal schedule, but every week they're the best 0 and something team and it doesn't matter.

Seahawks Fan
November 15th, 2007, 07:31 AM
For us NEC fans, Albany at CCSU is the game. The winner goes to the Gridiron Classic. I like Albany in a close match. xthumbsupx

appfan2008
November 15th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Brutal schedule, but every week they're the best 0 and something team and it doesn't matter.

that is exactly right... it dont matter how good you are... if you cant ever win it dont matter