18. Grambling St. 185
19. New Hampshire 165
20. Eastern Illinois 161
21. Fordham 159
22. Hofstra 97
23. Alabama A&M 77
24. Dayton 66
25. Harvard 48
Others receiving votes (points in parentheses): San Diego (47), Elon (44), Norfolk St. (37), Montana St. (30), Villanova (29), The Citadel (26), Liberty (23), South Dakota St. (23), Western Illinois (22), Cal Poly (18), Central Arkansas (18), Colgate (16), Furman (13), South Carolina St. (13), Missouri St. (7), Southern (6), Albany (5), Nicholls St. (5), Northeastern (4), Hampton (3), Northern Arizona (3), Jacksonville St. (1).

Dane96
November 12th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Who exactly has Harvard played? I live right up the road from the Crimson, and no self-respecting fan from Harvard could argue they are a top 25 team.

And again, Alabama A&M, yee of no signature games other than a blowout loss to Grambling.

GannonFan
November 12th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah, Harvard shouldn't be there - they played 3 Patriot League teams (Lehigh, Holy Cross, and Lafayette) and only went 1-2 against them. Neither Holy Cross or Lehigh are even receiving votes, so having Harvard that much in front of them isn't too logical.

BigApp
November 12th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Who exactly has Harvard played? I live right up the road from the Crimson, and no self-respecting fan from Harvard could argue they are a top 25 team.

And again, Alabama A&M, yee of no signature games other than a blowout loss to Grambling.

why don't you tell us the real reason why you're upset...:D

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 12th, 2007, 01:34 PM

You really don't like polls do you? xlolx xrotatehx :D

danefan
November 12th, 2007, 01:35 PM
He's being reserved this week.....last week he spit on the coaches poll.xthumbsupx xrotatehx xnodx

DSUHornet
November 12th, 2007, 01:36 PM
this poll is a little more accurate

Dane96
November 12th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Hey...Albany didnt do what they needed to do...and that is beat Colgate.

Yeah, I put them 25 in my own poll...but that was my first week doing so.

I am going on facts:

Dayton- sub FCS schedule...one good win Fordham...one pasting of San Diego who we wont know how good they are until the Davis game. For the record...I PUT DAYTON IN MY TOP 25.

Albany- no sub FCS...good win over Fordham...we know the rest.

Alabama A&M- Nothing but a blowout loss to Grambling.

Harvard- Should never be in the discussion this year. See the above post of the PL league record they have.

Cal Poly- discussed already....four losses...nothing signature.

The Citadel- Should be in or right there.

Nova- Same as the Citadel. I have them in...and much higher.

Elon- You must be kidding me. They have just disintegrated...and I had them ranked for awhile.

My problem is this:

Here, we probably have the best polls...and quite frankly ours was good this week. I dont feel that strongly if Albany is left out compared to that of The Citadel and Villanova. I do feel strongly that Cal Poly's schedule and wins right now are weaker. Either way, you can make an argument for all four.

I do feel strongly that a 10-1 Dayton team is being rewarded for a soft schedule that really reads 8-1...with a bad loss to Morehead and good wins over Fordham and possibly San Diego. I don't understand how this compares to the road schedule of Albany at 7-3 who has demolished there own conference. Only one game was tight...last week...and Albany pulled waway. Albany's BAD LOSS, is to Colgate, by two. Colgate is a much better team than Morehead, in my humble opinion.

However, there is a reason why A&M, Elon, and Harvard did not make our polls. WE FOLLOW THE SPORT.

The coaches poll is run by SID's...who are too busy running departments in 14 plus (the NCAA minimum I believe) sports. The Sports Network ooll NEVER CHANGES FROM THEIR "LOCKED" votes.

So...yep, I have a problem with most polls.

OL FU
November 12th, 2007, 01:42 PM

Hey Dane, come on into Crapsville and let me buy you a drinkxnodx xsmiley_wix

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 12th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Hey Dane, come on into Crapsville and let me buy you a drinkxnodx xsmiley_wix

From the looks of these polls i think he'll need more than just one xlolx :D

Dane96
November 12th, 2007, 01:46 PM
THANKS OL_FU!

I guess it boils down to this:

I think the Polls are suspect for reasons not dealing with Albany-- Nova, Elon, Harvard, A&M, etc.

I want to know just what Albany needs to do, BEFORE WE PLAY DAYTON IN THE GIC (if that even happens) to get some respect?!

Should we schedule American International and Ursnius? That would have gotten us to 9-1 instead of 7-3.

alexale23
November 12th, 2007, 01:47 PM
I see the coaches are smarter than the guys voting in the other polls putting JMU ahead of Wofford

Syntax Error
November 12th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Once again it is proved an FCS coaches poll is fourth among rankings.

danefan
November 12th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Once again it is proved an FCS coaches poll is fourth among rankings.

4th by a mile!xnodx

gophoenix
November 12th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Hey...Albany didnt do what they needed to do...and that is beat Colgate.

Yeah, I put them 25 in my own poll...but that was my first week doing so.

I am going on facts:

Dayton- sub FCS schedule...one good win Fordham...one pasting of San Diego who we wont know how good they are until the Davis game. For the record...I PUT DAYTON IN MY TOP 25.

Albany- no sub FCS...good win over Fordham...we know the rest.

Alabama A&M- Nothing but a blowout loss to Grambling.

Harvard- Should never be in the discussion this year. See the above post of the PL league record they have.

Cal Poly- discussed already....four losses...nothing signature.

The Citadel- Should be in or right there.

Nova- Same as the Citadel. I have them in...and much higher.

Elon- You must be kidding me. They have just disintegrated...and I had them ranked for awhile.

My problem is this:

Here, we probably have the best polls...and quite frankly ours was good this week. I dont feel that strongly if Albany is left out compared to that of The Citadel and Villanova. I do feel strongly that Cal Poly's schedule and wins right now are weaker. Either way, you can make an argument for all four.

I do feel strongly that a 10-1 Dayton team is being rewarded for a soft schedule that really reads 8-1...with a bad loss to Morehead and good wins over Fordham and possibly San Diego. I don't understand how this compares to the road schedule of Albany at 7-3 who has demolished there own conference. Only one game was tight...last week...and Albany pulled waway. Albany's BAD LOSS, is to Colgate, by two. Colgate is a much better team than Morehead, in my humble opinion.

However, there is a reason why A&M, Elon, and Harvard did not make our polls. WE FOLLOW THE SPORT.

The coaches poll is run by SID's...who are too busy running departments in 14 plus (the NCAA minimum I believe) sports. The Sports Network ooll NEVER CHANGES FROM THEIR "LOCKED" votes.

So...yep, I have a problem with most polls.

Losing two games by 14 points is not disintegrating, especially when you have played one of the top I-AA schedules.

So let me get this straight, you are bellyaching about a team taht ahs played one of the better I-AA schedules this year, beaten two of the to 16 teams, played a top ten team and a ranked I-A team close, while you've beaten some of the worst teams and lost to some of the teams that would be rated somewhere around us? Give me a break. Here's an idea, beat someone other than Fordham's second game playing mostly freshman and then come crying about not being in the polls.

Dane96
November 12th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Ummm...Fordham had freshman and sophs...so did we my man.

Oh yeah, and our older guys aren't scholarship guys. But thanks for playing.

But, by your argument, Albany lost to Hofstra by 15 and Colgate by 2...so I guess that is not disintergrating either. We lost by 2 at Colgate open the season...breaking in a new offensive unit. So, by your reverse logic, that should not be held against us much like our win over Fordham should not be held against Fordham.

We play in a conference that is not as strong as the Southern or the CAA...but what we did do is go in and take care of business...running roughshod through the conference slate. Only nailbiter was a 21-3 win at Monmouth.

Go...gate
November 12th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I'm glad to see Colgate at least got some votes...they seem to be coming on strong late this season. Tough one against Holy Cross this week, though.

gophoenix
November 12th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Ummm...Fordham had freshman and sophs...so did we my man.

Oh yeah, and our older guys aren't scholarship guys. But thanks for playing.

But, by your argument, Albany lost to Hofstra by 15 and Colgate by 2...so I guess that is not disintergrating either. We lost by 2 at Colgate open the season...breaking in a new offensive unit. So, by your reverse logic, that should not be held against us much like our win over Fordham should not be held against Fordham.

We play in a conference that is not as strong as the Southern or the CAA...but what we did do is go in and take care of business...running roughshod through the conference slate. Only nailbiter was a 21-3 win at Monmouth.

If you aren't as strong, then you don't deserve to be ranked. End of story. Thanks for playing. Just because you won your games doesn't make you a top 25 team. Neither does any number of losses make you less than a top 25 team.

There ya go, man, to be the best and respected as one of the best you not only have to play the best but beat the best. You don't just ge tto beat the worst and say you're one of the best.

And maybe you guys are one of the teams that should be there, until you play well, it is hard to see it. The trick is that you need some OOC games at the end of the season and need to get your conference playing better.

Dane96
November 12th, 2007, 02:59 PM
If you aren't as strong, then you don't deserve to be ranked. End of story. Thanks for playing. Just because you won your games doesn't make you a top 25 team. Neither does any number of losses make you less than a top 25 team.

There ya go, man, to be the best and respected as one of the best you not only have to play the best but beat the best. You don't just ge tto beat the worst and say you're one of the best.

And maybe you guys are one of the teams that should be there, until you play well, it is hard to see it. The trick is that you need some OOC games at the end of the season and need to get your conference playing better.

Nice parse: I SAID THE CONFERENCE IS NOT AS STRONG...NOT ALBANY.xnonox

And OOC games at the end of the season? Are you a complete buffoon? This is not the BCS conference scheduling. How many teams schedule OUTSIDE the conference at the end of year against top flight comp?

Answer-- Not many

Why?

Answer- Because the top teams are in their own conference battles.

bjtheflamesfan
November 12th, 2007, 03:01 PM
23 votes from the coaches...not bad...I don't think a win this weekend puts the Flames in the Top 25 but itll make for a very good position to close out the year

Syntax Error
November 12th, 2007, 03:07 PM
23 votes from the coaches...You mean 23 points. AGS Poll is the only major one that uses votes in the "others" category.

bjtheflamesfan
November 12th, 2007, 03:08 PM
My mistake. either way, its still great to see LU being considered in these rankings only two years removed from the worst season in school history

Syntax Error
November 12th, 2007, 03:11 PM
My mistake. either way, its still great to see LU being considered in these rankings only two years removed from the worst season in school historyAGS Poll: Liberty (9) meaning 9 voters chose you. xthumbsupx

bjtheflamesfan
November 12th, 2007, 03:14 PM
I saw that...here's hoping we can close out the year with a win and get votes in the double digits

JayJ79
November 12th, 2007, 04:19 PM
The coaches poll is run by SID's...who are too busy running departments in 14 plus (the NCAA minimum I believe) sports.

I'd have to agree with you on that one. Whether or not it is the SIDs or the coaches that fill out the actual ballots, I would guess that they're both probably pretty busy dealing with their own programs.

And while they might have decent knowledge of their own conferences, and perhaps have taken some consideration of the playoff contenders, I really doubt if they put a ton of thought into the bottom 5 or 10 of their ballots.