PDA

View Full Version : New Southland Conference Logo

McCowboys
March 1st, 2023, 09:03 AM
https://www.southland.org/news/2023/3/1/athletics-southland-conference-reveals-new-brand-indentity.aspx

https://twitter.com/SouthlandSports/status/1630948598312476672

Libertine
March 1st, 2023, 01:50 PM
That's not bad. I can't decide if I really like the hexagonal font or if I don't like it at all. This is very corporate-looking but a professional appearance is always better than the alternative.

ST_Lawson
March 1st, 2023, 02:30 PM
The dark blue and "old gold" feels kinda Oral Robertsy (who used to be a non-football member of the Southland), but other than that I like it better than the "sunburst" logo they used to have.

hebmskebm
March 1st, 2023, 05:00 PM
Looks like a nutritional supplement company logo. The "EARNED EVERY DAY" tagline doesn't help.

McCowboys
March 1st, 2023, 05:13 PM
The dark blue and "old gold" feels kinda Oral Robertsy (who used to be a non-football member of the Southland), but other than that I like it better than the "sunburst" logo they used to have.

dark blue?

- - - Updated - - -

ST_Lawson
March 1st, 2023, 05:58 PM
dark blue?32743

Guess I need to color calibrate my monitor at work. It sure looked dark blue there, but now that I'm home, it's black (well, technically a REALLY REALLY dark aqua according to photoshop).

McCowboys
March 1st, 2023, 07:27 PM
Guess I need to color calibrate my monitor at work. It sure looked dark blue there, but now that I'm home, it's black (well, technically a REALLY REALLY dark aqua according to photoshop).

LOL! At least one New Orleans Saints fan is happy with the black and gold, and it is my high school's colors, too.
P.S. I am not color blind, but I am shade blind. I really have trouble distinguishing between lots of dark colors.

UNAPride
March 2nd, 2023, 03:41 PM
LOL! At least one New Orleans Saints fan is happy with the black and gold, and it is my high school's colors, too.
P.S. I am not color blind, but I am shade blind. I really have trouble distinguishing between lots of dark colors.

It reminded me of the Saints immediately.