PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Omar Cuff

HensRock
November 12th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Last week, Omar Cuff tied the I-AA single season TD record with 31 TDs.
Record was set last season by Kevin Ruchardson in 15 games.

Omar tied the record after his 9th game and broke it by scoring 2 TD vs Richmond on Saturday. This is only the second time this season that Omar has been held UNDER 3 TDs in a game.

http://www.gohens.net/images/Game%207%20-%20Northeastern/0075.jpg

Col Hogan
November 12th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Wow...only 10 games...amazing!!!

Hope people at the next level are watching...

Ivytalk
November 12th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Omar the Pointmaker!xthumbsupx xbowx xbowx xthumbsupx

zymergy
November 12th, 2007, 10:07 AM
From rumor central there were 11 pro scouts at the UD/Richmond game. Tight quarters up in the boxes I bet.
xnodx

blueballs
November 12th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Didn't Adrian Peterson score over 40 TD's in 1999?

89Hen
November 12th, 2007, 11:03 AM

URMite
November 12th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Congratulations! His numbers looked great Saturday with a higher yds/carry than Hightower. xthumbsupx

I know W&M doesn't have the best D but I guess Cuff's record is safe from Hightower with a 13 TD xeekx lead. xlolx

Cuff is looking more and more like he will mirror Westbrook's NFL career.

HensRock
November 12th, 2007, 11:43 AM

I beleive it was exactly 40 and it is a shame that the portion of that 40 scores in the post-season does not count toward the official NCAA I-AA record. Sorry, I can't help that. The official record is now Omar's. With still at least 1 game and hopefully more to play, I don't think 40 is out of reach for Omar. He is standing currently at 33 and is averaging over 3 TD/game.

Omar's sights are also set on the per game scoring and TD records held by Jerry Rice (2.7 TD/game)

Syntax Error
November 12th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Payton Award finalist

URMite
November 12th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I beleive it was exactly 40 and it is a shame that the portion of that 40 scores in the post-season does not count toward the official NCAA I-AA record. Sorry, I can't help that. The official record is now Omar's. With still at least 1 game and hopefully more to play, I don't think 40 is out of reach for Omar. He is standing currently at 33 and is averaging over 3 TD/game.

Omar's sights are also set on the per game scoring and TD records held by Jerry Rice (2.7 TD/game)

Ok, now I'm confused it was posted Richardson had 15 games to get 31. Didn't that include post-season? or am I missing something?

Seven Would Be Nice
November 12th, 2007, 02:26 PM
They started to include post-season TD's in the record after Adrian Peterson graduated. Even though his records are accurately recorded, they aren't recognized for whatever reason. Complete stupidity and bias if you ask me.

Spider
November 12th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Congrats Omar, you and the Hens played a great gamexthumbsupx ........

grizband
November 12th, 2007, 02:33 PM
They started to include post-season TD's in the record after Adrian Peterson graduated. Even though his records are accurately recorded, they aren't recognized for whatever reason. Complete stupidity and bias if you ask me.
Dave Dickenson has this same problem. Its a shame the NCAA won't add playoff statistics retroactively for those who played prior to the rule change.

GannonFan
November 12th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Payton Award finalist

Agreed, he's a sure-fire top 3 vote getter for the award and right now he's got to be the front runner to win the thing outright. Throw in a decent game against nova (100 yards rushing, 50 receiving, 3 TD's) and he's almost a sure-thing.

mcveyrl
November 12th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I really hope that Cuff scores 41...that way we won't have to go through this every time a great back scores a lot of TDs...

B&G
November 12th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Wow...only 10 games...amazing!!!

Hope people at the next level are watching...

Mel Kiper called Cuff a late round prospect after Delaware beat Navy. He likes Flacco though in the 3rd round.

lizrdgizrd
November 12th, 2007, 03:24 PM
C'mon Cuff! I'm counting on you to put up some big numbers the next 2 weeks. Pass AP's numbers so we can stop harping on it! Oh, and help me beat kardplayer in the FCS fantasy football league. xthumbsupx

kardplayer
November 12th, 2007, 03:59 PM
C'mon Cuff! I'm counting on you to put up some big numbers the next 2 weeks. Pass AP's numbers so we can stop harping on it! Oh, and help me beat kardplayer in the FCS fantasy football league. xthumbsupx

Right up until then, I was rooting for him

DSUHornet
November 12th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Last week, Omar Cuff tied the I-AA single season TD record with 31 TDs.
Record was set last season by Kevin Ruchardson in 15 games.

Omar tied the record after his 9th game and broke it by scoring 2 TD vs Richmond on Saturday. This is only the second time this season that Omar has been held UNDER 3 TDs in a game.

http://www.gohens.net/images/Game%207%20-%20Northeastern/0075.jpg

that guy's a problem.