PDA

View Full Version : My Take On Post Season Possibilities

Go Apps
November 12th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Here are a few clarifications for who is and who is eligible for the playoff field:

The Ivy League does not participate in the playoffs by decree of the Ivy school presidents.; - The SWAC will send its division champions to the SWAC title game on Dec. 16, so only second place teams and below are playoff eligible. -The Great West Conference does not have an automatic bid, but both Cal Poly and Southern Utah are playoff eligible. UC Davis, North Dakota State and South Dakota State are in their transitional phase from Division II football and are not playoff eligible.; - The five-team Big South Conference’s teams are eligible for the playoffs, but the league does not have an automatic bid. The MAAC, NEC and PFL are also eligible for the playoffs, but do not have an automatic bid.

Below, take a look at the prospects of I-AA teams that can still entertain realistic playoff hopes heading into the last two weeks of the regular season. Schools are ranked by their chances of making the 16-team field, as determined by Me, and not by current top 25 rank or potential playoff seeds. Current overall and conference records are in parentheses, and each team’s remaining schedule is listed with a brief synopsis of its chances.

1. Northern Iowa (10-0, 6-0 Gateway)
The Games: Southern Utah (11/18)

Outlook: AQ The Panthers continue to dominate and are sitting pretty! With a strong conference and undefeated record thus far, there is little doubt they will be a top 4 seed! The #1 seed is theirs to lose.

2. Montana (10-0, 7-0 Big Sky)
The Games: at Montana State (11/18)

Outlook: AQ The Grizzlies sit in this position due to their unbeaten record and past history. The #2 seed is theirs, just win out. One loss puts them in a tough position, with the conference down, they could slide right out of the top 4 seeds depending on other teams waiting. A tough finale at Montana State will test the Grizzles.

3. McNeese State (10-0, 6-0 Southland)
The Games: Central Arkansas (11/18)

Outlook: AQ The Cowboys are in as the Southland Conference representative. If they lose, the Cowboys could possibly fall out of the top 4 seeds, and a tough contest this week against Central Arkansas will have definite implications on seeding.

4. Southern Illinois (9-1, 5-1 Gateway)
The Games: at Hampton (11/18)

Outlook: IN With their only loss to top ranked Northern Iowa the Salukis are in great shape! If they can win this week, they have a shot at the top 4 seed, now that Delaware has gotten out of the way. A close look at their schedule compared to others will keep things interesting until the parings are announced.

5. Appalachian State (8-2, 4-2 SoCon)
The Games: UTC (11/18)

Outlook: IN A 9-2 regular season record looks to be a lock with only UTC remaining. The Mountaineers look to be making a statement to the committee, putting 79 up on WCU is impressive. If ASU wins this week and big, they are in the discussion for a top 4 seed. If S. Illinois, McNeese, or Montana looses, Mountainers will no doubt grab a top 4 seed. ASU will definitely host a first round game, look for them to be televised on ESPN the Friday after Thanksgiving, count on it!

6. Massachusetts (8-2, 6-1 CAA)
The Games: at Hofstra (11/18)

Outlook: IN What a difference a week makes, UMass came out and reclaimed their position among the elite! They are certainly in the post season and will be hosting a first round game. Just as ASU they are in the discussion for a top 4 seed, with some help and they must win over a desperate Hofstra team.

7. Fordham (8-2, 5-0 Patriot)
The Games: Bucknell (11/17)

Outlook: AQ The Patriot title is wrapped up and that puts Fordham in the playoffs. A likely matchup with a CAA team looks to be a lock.

8. Richmond (8-2, 6-1 CAA)
The Games: William & Mary (11/17)

Outlook: IN The Spiders continue to be on the rise, this past weekend was a game for the record books, where the Spiders outlasted a strong Delaware. The win put them in the post season and a win this weekend will finish a great regular season. The Spiders need help but they could still get a top 4 seed if things go south for other teams.

9. Wofford (8-3, 5-2 SoCon)
REGULAR SEASON COMPLETE

Outlook: AQ The Terriers found themselves in a great position by the end of Saturday. From the bubble to SoCon Champs, yes ASU could still tie for the conference title, but the head to head win over ASU gives the Autobid to the Terriors. The Terriors get a week to prepare for the playoffs!

10. Delaware State (9-1, 8-0 MEAC)
The Games: Howard (11/17)

Outlook: AQ The Hornets needed a win Saturday to capture the autobid, and a dramatic win it was. They most likely face a CAA team in round 1.

11. . Eastern Kentucky (8-2, 7-0 OVC)
The Games: Tenn Tech (11/17)

Outlook: AQ The Colonels have been the best of the OVC, and they secured the Autobid this weekend.

12. Delaware (8-2, 5-2 CAA)
The Games: at Villanova (11/18)

Outlook: IN The Blue Hens tumbled out of the drivers seat this weekend of the CAA. A tough loss and a strong test this upcoming weekend could have them on their heels. But the Hens are in the post season, even with a loss, but a win could give them a first round game.

13. James Madison (7-3, 5-2 A-10)
The Games: Towson (11/17)

Outlook: The Dukes did what they needed to do this weekend, win! Thanks to Hofstra JMU now controls their own destiny, a win and they are definitely in.

14 Eastern Washington (7-3, 5-2 Big Sky)
The Games: Weber State (11/17)

Outlook: EW's win this weekend, coupled with other losses puts them in great shape. They must beat Weber State, the only worry is a down year for the Big Sky.

15. Eastern Illinois (7-3, 6-1 OVC)
The Games: Samford (11/17)

Outlook: The Panthers will earn strong consideration if they can win in their last game. This past weekends results puts them in good shape!

16. Georgia Southern (7-3, 4-3 SoCon)
The Games: at Colorado State (11/17)

Outlook: What happened! With the loss by Elon, a Wofford win, GSU was a kick away from capturing the SoCon Autobid in dramatic fashion. But the Paladins (who really outplayed GSU) were not to be denied, when the last second kick just missed. Bad news is that GSU had time to put the ball in the middle of the field??? At 8-3 with a great resume that will definitely put GSU in the post season, but now they find themselves climbing a mountain. GSU must win at Colorado State and while I think the Eagles can win, this will be a tough task. Win and you are in with a home game!!

17. Colgate (7-3, 4-1 Patriot)
The Games: at Holy Cross (11/17)

Outlook: Again I see the Patriot league gaining ground. A loss or two from the teams above and a win at Colgate and I believe they are in. Regardless of the rest of the country, they need to focus on the win Saturday.

18. Hofstra (7-3, 4-3 CAA)
The Games: UMass (11/17)

Outlook: Hofstra made a statement a week ago and this week they put themselves squarely on the bubble. Hope is still alive beat UMASS and you are in, good luck you are going to need it!

19. Alabama A&M (8-2, 6-2 SWAC)
The Games: at Praire View (11/17)

Outlook: Keep winning! This is the theme for Ala A&M, they also need to do some scoreboard watching. What’s on their side, location, the committee may need another southern team to even out the field.

20. Norfolk State (7-3, 6-2 MEAC)
The Games: Winston Salem State (11/17)

Outlook: A tough loss this weekend, breaks hearts, but I think hope is still alive! They must win this weekend and hope for lots of upsets to sneak into the post season, but anything can happen.

Below are my current projections for the I-AA playoff field and possible match-ups, based on expectations for the remaining games this season.

Automatic Bids: Patriot: Fordham, A10: UMass, Big Sky: Montana, Southland: McNeese State, Southern: Wofford, Gateway: Northern Iowa, MEAC: Delaware State, OVC: Eastern Kentucky.

At-large: Appalachian State, Colgate, Delaware, E. Illinois, E. Washington, James Madison, Richmond, and Southern Illinois.

Seeds: Northern Iowa, Montana, McNeese State, Appalachain State.

Bracket I: E Washington at No. 1 Northern Iowa; EKU at S. Illinois;
James Madison at No. 4 Appalachian State; Fordham at Massachussets

Bracket II: E. Illinois at No. 2 Montana; Delaware State at Delaware ;
Wofford at No. 3 McNeese State; Colgate at Richmond.

ChickenMan
November 12th, 2007, 07:27 AM
my guess..

EWU @ #1 UNI
Richmond @ GSU

JMU @ #4 ASU
Fordham @ UMass

EIU @ #2 Montana
Del St @ Delaware

EKU @ #3 McNeese St
Wofford @ SIU

reconsidered my seeds.. I doubt the Gateway gets two seeds and the top two leagues.. this year.. the CAA and the SoCon get none.. ASU in at #4.. SIU out.

FCS Preview
November 12th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Automatic Bids: Patriot: Fordham, A10: UMass, Big Sky: Montana, Southland: McNeese State, Southern: Wofford, Gateway: Northern Iowa, MEAC: Delaware State, OVC: Eastern Kentucky.

You love living in the past. ;)

I-AA is now FCS.
A-10 is now CAA :)

Tribe4SF
November 12th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Eastern Illinois will suffer from a low GPI, which won't be helped much by a win over Samford. Alabama A&M and Colgate will look better to the committee, while NSU will look worse, but it won't surprise me if a 7-4 team from a power conference gets consideration. With so many teams (Montana St., Citadel, Elon, GSU, YSU, Cal Poly) having a D-II on their schedule, a 7-4 team would probably come from the CAA. UNH would still be a better choice than either EIU, Alabama A&M or Colgate, and if Villanova beats Delaware, they will also be deserving of a look. If Hofstra beats UMass, they will be the fifth CAA team in.

siugrad99
November 12th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I love it, ASU has 2 FCS losses and everyone is giving them a seed over a 1 loss SIU team. I love the bias this board has against the Gateway. Your past success should not affect the decision making process for this season. What ASU has done the past 2 seasons is excellent, but has no bearing on how they should be placed in this seasons playoffs. Reality is SIU has 1 loss to the # 1 team in the country on the road and ASU has 2 losses, 1 of which is at home. Bottomline... SIU gets the 4 seed and ASU gets a home game.

FCS Preview
November 12th, 2007, 11:38 AM
First, I think (and most people think) if the committee can avoid giving two seeds to one conference, they will.

Second, past performance DOES weigh into the mind of the committee, especially back-to-back titles. If you give a team a seed two or three years in a row, and they lose in the first round each year, that will effect them getting a seed again.

Third, MICHIGAN. Outweighs a lot. Yes, SIU beat NIU. Great win. But not MICHIGAN. NIU is (2-8) and going nowhere. MICHIGAN is (8-3) and going to a major bowl.

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 12th, 2007, 11:44 AM
First, I think (and most people think) if the committee can avoid giving two seeds to one conference, they will.

Second, past performance DOES weigh into the mind of the committee, especially back-to-back titles. If you give a team a seed two or three years in a row, and they lose in the first round each year, that will effect them getting a seed again.

Third, MICHIGAN. Outweighs a lot. Yes, SIU beat NIU. Great win. But not MICHIGAN. NIU is (2-8) and going nowhere. MICHIGAN is (8-3) and going to a major bowl.

UGH how much longer are we going to have to keep hearing about MICHIGAN xrolleyesx

I have a feeling it will be years xlolx

89Hen
November 12th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I love the bias this board has against the Gateway.
xcoffeex xnonox xcoffeex

USDFAN_55
November 12th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Why is Colgate even being discussed as a play-off contender? Who have the beaten this year? I would lose all respect for the FCS play-offs if a 2nd team from the PL made it into the play-offs this year. You all talk about the play-offs consist of the 16 best eligible teams, so can you honestly say that they are one of the best?

grayghost06
November 12th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I love it, ASU has 2 FCS losses and everyone is giving them a seed over a 1 loss SIU team. I love the bias this board has against the Gateway. Your past success should not affect the decision making process for this season. What ASU has done the past 2 seasons is excellent, but has no bearing on how they should be placed in this seasons playoffs. Reality is SIU has 1 loss to the # 1 team in the country on the road and ASU has 2 losses, 1 of which is at home. Bottomline... SIU gets the 4 seed and ASU gets a home game.

While I do agree with many of your points, one thing to consider is regionalization for the seeds. We all recognize that this isn't a "pure" tournament like march madness, where all teams are seeded and games are generally played on a neutral site. The whole "buy a home game" mentality really lessens the fair competion of the playoffs. The NCAA admits to scheduling 1st round ( and to some degree 2nd rounds games) based on geography to reduce travel costs.
If you have UNI, Montana, McNeese and So. Ill as the 4 seeds, where is the committee going to send all those northeast/ mid atlantic teams? From a travel cost and logistics standpoint, it'd be a nightmare. Potentially you have UD, Del St., UMass, Fordham, UR, Appy, Wofford, EKU, JMU and GA Southern/Colgate/ Hofstra all making the playoffs but no regional seed in their bracket.
Just looking at the GPI and Sagarins, So.Ill should be a lock for a seed. And objectively, it's Montana who should be bumped. But they've got the big stadium/sellouts and they are undefeated ( even if their schedule blows). UNI is number one ranked in all the polls and indexes and will be the number one seed. McNeese is right behind them...So that leaves the Salukis and Appy for the 4th seed. Don't be surprised if the Committee seeds Appy, just because it will save them money on travel.

danefan
November 12th, 2007, 11:59 AM
A 9-2 Colgate team is a good playoff choice assuming there aren't 8-3 teams from power conferences (CAA,SoCon, etc..) being left out.

And BTW, I'm waiting anxiously for DetroitFlyer's Sagarin post, because the PFL is now ranked above the OVC.....

USDFAN_55
November 12th, 2007, 12:10 PM
A 9-2 Colgate team is a good playoff choice assuming there aren't 8-3 teams from power conferences (CAA,SoCon, etc..) being left out.

And BTW, I'm waiting anxiously for DetroitFlyer's Sagarin post, because the PFL is now ranked above the OVC.....

Colgate already has 3 losses.

danefan
November 12th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Colgate already has 3 losses.

xlolx xlolx
Sorry. I'm an idiot.

USDFAN_55
November 12th, 2007, 12:14 PM
xlolx xlolx
Sorry. I'm an idiot.

It happens to the best of usxthumbsupx

danefan
November 12th, 2007, 12:17 PM
It happens to the best of usxthumbsupx

And I have to tell you, after thinking about it again, I don't think Colgate at 8-3 deserves a spot. No big wins and a bad loss at Cornell.

Albany with a win over Fordham and no bad losses has to look as good as Colgate right? If not, why not? A two-point head-to-head loss shouldn't separate the two teams that much, especially since Albany has a win over a common opponent in Fordham.

USDFAN_55
November 12th, 2007, 12:21 PM
And I have to tell you, after thinking about it again, I don't think Colgate at 8-3 deserves a spot. No big wins and a bad loss at Cornell.

Albany with a win over Fordham and no bad losses has to look as good as Colgate right? If not, why not? A two-point head-to-head loss shouldn't separate the two teams that much, especially since Albany has a win over a common opponent in Fordham.

Just another good example of why I'm so confused about Cogate and play-offs being used in the same sentence.

GreatAppSt
November 12th, 2007, 12:26 PM
UGH how much longer are we going to have to keep hearing about MICHIGAN xrolleyesx

ENVY! I love it.xlolx

TheValleyRaider
November 12th, 2007, 12:37 PM

But it does. Should we be considered? I don't know, I don't make those decisions. Plenty still would have to break our way for it to even be possible. That being said, the head-to-head win is huge. You put two teams on the same field, one wins, what else can you say?

grizbeer
November 12th, 2007, 12:42 PM
my guess..

EWU @ #1 UNI
Richmond @ GSU

JMU @ #4 ASU
Fordham @ UMass

EIU @ #2 Montana
Del St @ Delaware

EKU @ #3 McNeese St
Wofford @ SIU

This is very close to my thoughts - switch Montana and McNeese for #2/3 and put the Del St/Del game in the #4 bracket and fordham @ UMASS in the # 3 bracket with Montana.

I also think that SIU could be sent to Montana in the first round - sounds crazy, but I think it might happen. Of course it all depends on all the above teams winning this weekend.

USDFAN_55
November 12th, 2007, 12:44 PM
But it does. Should we be considered? I don't know, I don't make those decisions. Plenty still would have to break our way for it to even be possible. That being said, the head-to-head win is huge. You put two teams on the same field, one wins, what else can you say?

AGSxnodx Need I say morexthumbsupx

danefan
November 12th, 2007, 12:44 PM

What I can say is that Colgate was 2 points better than Albany.
I've never said that Albany should be considered over Colgate. Computer rankings and human polls have Albany and Colgate pretty much equal, two points separates them on the field and yet Colgate is discussed routinely as an at-large and Albany is not.

USDFAN_55
November 12th, 2007, 12:46 PM
I've never said that Albany should be considered over Colgate. Computer rankings and human polls have Albany and Colgate pretty much equal, two points separates them on the field and yet Colgate is discussed routinely as an at-large and Albany is not.

Careful now... you don't want to sound like one of those annoying PFL fansxsmiley_wix

danefan
November 12th, 2007, 12:48 PM
And I just want to add that if the decision came down to Albany or Colgate, the head-to-head win would give Colgate the nod. But the point I'm making is that no one even thinks it would come down to Albany and Colgate. Instead Colgate gets lumped in with EWU and EKU for the at-large comparison.

danefan
November 12th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Careful now... you don't want to sound like one of those annoying PFL fansxsmiley_wix

Hahahahaah....I don't think I am....but if I am, please let me know.

I really am just trying to figure it out for myself. Shoot if Colgate makes it that would be great. Our season would be pretty good. All of our losses would come to playoff teams (Hofstra being in doubt and assuming a win over Central Conn. next week) and one win over a playoff team. Not a bad season.

OldTiredGriz
November 12th, 2007, 12:58 PM
There is still room for a lot of shake ups with the potential seeds this coming weekend. McNeese St., Montana and SIU all play 6-4 teams and anything can happen. Heck, Southern Utah is going to go ahead and show up @ UNI and give it a shot. Sure, the Panthers are prohibitive favorites, but the game still has to be played. And Colgate has to play Holy Cross..and GSU is at Colorado State....UD @ Villanova....there's just too much football left for me to say anything with certainty.

APPSTER
November 12th, 2007, 01:03 PM

Probably until 3 players from some team out West break into a house..........xnonox

appfan2008
November 12th, 2007, 01:04 PM
i really hope two different things... first we dont have to play on friday and secondly we dont play jmu... i would like to play eku personally!

TheValleyRaider
November 12th, 2007, 05:17 PM

And really, I don't think it's unreasonable to consider Albany as part of the at-large picture as well xpeacex

In all honesty, I'm shocked Colgate's back in the picture. I was certain we were finished after the Cornell loss and Holy Cross losing at Fordham. Sometimes things just work out that way. Colgate benefits from being in a conference with an auto-bid which is (rightly or wrongly) considered stronger than a conference without one. Albany has to compensate with a tougher OOC slate to show to the committee. Unfortunately for them, they went 1-3 against that tough slate, and really, that's probably what will cost them in the end. That and a belief in the NEC's weakness. Just my xtwocentsx

danefan
November 12th, 2007, 05:20 PM
And really, I don't think it's unreasonable to consider Albany as part of the at-large picture as well xpeacex

In all honesty, I'm shocked Colgate's back in the picture. I was certain we were finished after the Cornell loss and Holy Cross losing at Fordham. Sometimes things just work out that way. Colgate benefits from being in a conference with an auto-bid which is (rightly or wrongly) considered stronger than a conference without one. Albany has to compensate with a tougher OOC slate to show to the committee. Unfortunately for them, they went 1-3 against that tough slate, and really, that's probably what will cost them in the end. That and a belief in the NEC's weakness. Just my xtwocentsx

I completely agree. Right or wrong, I think its a fair assessment of the situation.

crunifan
November 12th, 2007, 05:25 PM
SIU should be a seed, no questions asked.

I can't believe that people are still throwing around Appalachian State's Michigan win like it is this earth shattering victory. They lost for the third time last week in an amazingly weak Big 10. The only reason they were ranked #5 (and #12 recently) is because of their name, not their performance.

SIU has beaten everyone on their schedule except the nation's number team, which they played as close as you can without losing AT the UNI-Dome.

AlphaSigMD
November 12th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Probably until 3 players from some team out West break into a house..........xnonox

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

The funniest post I've seen in a LONG time.

Houndawg
November 12th, 2007, 05:43 PM

I can't believe that people are still throwing around Appalachian State's Michigan win like it is this earth shattering victory. They lost for the third time last week in an amazingly weak Big 10. The only reason they were ranked #5 (and #12 recently) is because of their name, not their performance.

SIU has beaten everyone on their schedule except the nation's number team, which they played as close as you can without losing AT the UNI-Dome.

No way two Gateway teams will get seeds, methinks, and SIU still has to beat Hampton on the east coast, which I don't think is going to be easy, given our propensity to sleep-walk through the frst quarter. As for the playoffs, I think the UNI game was a big confidence builder for our road game mentality. We know we can go anywhere in FCS and have the talent to win the game. Not that we will win, but we can.

james_lawfirm
November 12th, 2007, 05:46 PM

OK, poof - SIU is a seed. Now can we talk football?

AlphaSigMD
November 12th, 2007, 06:30 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

The funniest post I've seen in a LONG time.

ps. I just saw the news about the montana team, and I didn't know about today's/this weekends news until a few minutes ago.

I thought the previous poster was just pointing out UM's checkered past, and thats why it was so funny and witty to me.

Sorry UM fans, didn't mean to rub salt in a new wound. Just an old one... too soon.

FCS Go!
November 12th, 2007, 06:35 PM
my guess..

EWU @ #1 UNI
Richmond @ GSU

JMU @ #4 ASU
Fordham @ UMass

EIU @ #2 Montana
Del St @ Delaware

EKU @ #3 McNeese St
Wofford @ SIU

reconsidered my seeds.. I doubt the Gateway gets two seeds and the top two leagues.. this year.. the CAA and the SoCon get none.. ASU in at #4.. SIU out.

You are absolutely spot on! Genius ! xthumbsupx

SouthernEagle02
November 12th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Truthfully, I just hope we can join the dance, but I fear if we do, we would be going to either McNeese or UNI. Both those teams are thirsty for revenge on us Eagles.xsmhx But I need someone to clarify something for me that I've never understood. Wofford wins the SoCon but has to share it with a team they beat and how does App get a seed? (I'm not taking anything away from what they did this season) I'm just saying. Sure they beat a FBS school but so did SIU. Second they lost to a team they weren't supposed to lose to at a place they weren't supposed to lose at. But again, I'll be more than happy if we make the show (after last years craptacular season), but first we got to take care of Colorado State.

gsugt1
November 12th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Truthfully, I just hope we can join the dance, but I fear if we do, we would be going to either McNeese or UNI. .

You never know. If we get in we could be playing anyone and anywhere including at home. It's all based on bids unless your a seeded team.

GreatAppSt
November 12th, 2007, 08:56 PM

Zing!xlolx And Appster boots one through the gaolposts as time expires for the win! xnodx