PDA

View Full Version : Jayson Foster sets all-division NCAA record

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 11th, 2007, 05:05 PM
This sort of got overlooked after all the emotion of Furman upsetting GSU yesterday, but it's still big. Can not find a link but here is a short paragraph from the gsufans webstire.

Following his first half performance Foster set a Division I (FCS and FBS) season record for rushing yards by a quarterback. He already had the FBS record, then surpassed Matt Cannon’s (Southern Utah) record of 1,602 set seven years ago.

http://www.tscsports.com/news/publish/article_6791.shtml
xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
November 11th, 2007, 05:10 PM
This sort of got overlooked after all the emotion of Furman upsetting GSU yesterday, but it's still big. Can not find a link but here is a short paragraph from the gsufans webstire.

xthumbsupx
He didnt have the FBS record cause he doesnt play in the FBS xrolleyesx

EDIT: Why was the text I quoted changed?

gophoenix
November 11th, 2007, 09:41 PM

xthumbsupx

Yep, Elon broke a few more too, but they were buried in the loss. Hudgins/Mayers broke the single season reception and yardage marks set by Jerry Rice and Joe Thomas.

Riddle continues to set the SoCon streak of passing for 300+ in a game.

Riddle broke the SoCon's TD record through the air.

Hudgins broke the SoCon single season reception record.

Mayers became the SoCon career receptions leader.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 11th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Yep, Elon broke a few more too, but they were buried in the loss. Hudgins/Mayers broke the single season reception and yardage marks set by Jerry Rice and Joe Thomas.

Riddle continues to set the SoCon streak of passing for 300+ in a game.

Riddle broke the SoCon's TD record through the air.

Hudgins broke the SoCon single season reception record.

Mayers became the SoCon career receptions leader.

It really has been a great year for SoCon offenses.

gophoenix
November 11th, 2007, 09:44 PM

You can say that again. It makes for really fun games to watch as a fan (frustrating to lose) but after we calm down, I think we can all appreciate it.

whoanellie
November 11th, 2007, 10:34 PM
yep, gone are the seasons of just a few years ago when We could not even score in a Brothel!!!
records aside: a balanced attack better rushing and a defensive depth with a few stoppers will get us in the play-offs next year.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 12th, 2007, 11:15 AM
He didnt have the FBS record cause he doesnt play in the FBS xrolleyesx

EDIT: Why was the text I quoted changed?

I didn't edit it.

UNHWildCats
November 12th, 2007, 11:25 AM
I didn't edit it.
The only people who can edit quoted text are Mods or admins.... guess they get a laugh out of making my post looking idiotic by changing the text I had quoted.

ElonPride
November 12th, 2007, 11:44 AM

Though I am frustrated by the Elon loss, I had a lot of fun this year watching SoCon teams play.

I live in VA and was able to catch a couple SoCon games on TV. The game that really sticks out in my mind this year (other than Elon games xsmiley_wix) was watching 2 HIGH powered offenses duke it out at the Rock (App and GSU of course).

A good year for the SoCon. 2 teams really beat themselves and possibly could've given the conference 4 bids xnonono2x

X-Factor
November 12th, 2007, 12:03 PM
The only people who can edit quoted text are Mods or admins.... guess they get a laugh out of making my post looking idiotic by changing the text I had quoted.

huhhhh, what can ya say...on Any Given Saturday xlolx