PDA

View Full Version : FCS Recap: PSYCHO <---CSN

CSN-info
November 11th, 2007, 08:34 AM
FCS Recap: PSYCHO
Charles Burton, CSN Columnist

"What is drama but life with the dull bits cut out. Always make the audience suffer as much as possible."
-- Alfred Hitchcock

In a week with conference titles, playoff autobids and at-large qualifying spots at stake, there were more thrills, chills and twists than Alfred Hitchcock could have ever imagined in any of his movies. It was a week that left many FCS fans "Psycho": wondering what was real, who was who, and what was what.

READ MORE... http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=88928

Syntax Error
November 11th, 2007, 08:51 AM
GOOD EVENING!

bulldog10jw
November 11th, 2007, 09:00 AM
"7-2 Harvard had a relatively easy time with Penn, dominating the Quakers 23-7 behind Crimson quarterback Chris Pizzotti’s 232 yards passing and two touchdowns. Harvard has won their last six games, and could actually be the hotter team going into “The Game” next weekend."

While I wouldn't say Harvard is "hotter" than Yale, after all, Yale has won 9 straight, I would say Harvard has gotten better as the season has gone on and I'm not sure Yale has. At least on offense.

Syntax Error
November 11th, 2007, 10:29 AM
So EWU is the only at-large contender from the BSC/GWFC.
Massachusetts, Hofstra (<- those two play next week), Richmond, Delaware, James Madison from the CAA. One will win the AQ.
None from the BSO/IVY/MAAC/SLC.
SIU from the GFC.
Norfolk State from the MEAC.
Albany from the NEC.
EIU from the OVC.
Colgate from the PL.
Dayton and San Diego from the PFL.
Appalachian State and Georgia Southern from the SOCON.
Alabama A&M and Prairie View from the SWAC.

17 teams with less than four losses. One will be the CAA AQ, the other 16 are looking for an at-large bid.

Dane96
November 11th, 2007, 11:34 AM
With the amount of typos, I should have known some info was off. If this was a "psycho" or mysterious article, the non-mention of Monmouth-Albany is silly.

The game was 5-3 until two breakout plays (both over 65+ yards) broke it open. If Monmouth had won, they COULD have been in position to win the NEC (if Albany lost to CCSU).

How this article--better yet, why this article--discusses WAGNER as a possible NEC Champ is beyond me.

There was NO scenerio in which Wagner could have won the NEC. At the very worst the champ ONLY could have come from Albany, Monmouth, or CCSU.

What I am trying to say-- Wagner's hopes for a title ended last week with its loss to Albany. Head to head, if CCSU or Albany finished with two losses (which, btw, is the worst Albany could have finished) Wagner loses the tie-breaker.

Good reporting would have been the battle in Long Branch setting up winner takes all match-up in hard hittin' New Britain next week.