PDA

View Full Version : FURMAN WINS! FURMAN WINS! IN THE BORO!

furman94
November 10th, 2007, 05:50 PM
WOW 24-22! HOLY COW!

appfan2008
November 10th, 2007, 06:28 PM
congrats...

T-Dogg
November 10th, 2007, 06:34 PM
You guys really turned it on here at the end of the season!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreatAppSt
November 10th, 2007, 06:37 PM
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Zoo
November 10th, 2007, 06:47 PM
You guys really turned it on here at the end of the season!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe that Georgia Southern missed that field goal!

But anyways, great job on the hard fought win.

Grizo406
November 10th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Although I hate to see my second favorite FCS team get beat, I gotta' tip my Griz hat to the Paladin faithful!

I'm thinking OL FU must be on some pretty stout O2 therapy after this one!xnodx xlolx xlolx

SuperEagle
November 10th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Horrible loss by my Eagles. Just terrible. Paulson Stadium used to be a place we never lost. A place that had mystic, a place that intimidated opponents. But's its not anymore. Mediocre teams are now beating us consistently there. 2 teams with .500 or worse records have beaten us in Statesboro this year and we have lost a whopping 7 games at "Our House" in the past 2 seasons. It's terrible. And this year we could have lost at least 2 more. I hope we can get that magic back, but right now there are very few games we play at home anymore that are sure wins.

Death Dealer
November 10th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Horrible loss by my Eagles. Just terrible. Paulson Stadium used to be a place we never lost. A place that had mystic, a place that intimidated opponents. But's its not anymore. Mediocre teams are now beating us consistently there. 2 teams with .500 or worse records have beaten us in Statesboro this year and we have lost a whopping 7 games at "Our House" in the past 2 seasons. It's terrible. And this year we could have lost at least 2 more. I hope we can get that magic back, but right now there are very few games we play at home anymore that are sure wins.
I know its hard for you, but try not to be such an @$$hole. If we're mediocre then you guys don't even rise to the level of pitiful. Face it, we got after your asses in your house today and the only thing that kept you in the game was the most one sided officiating in the SOCON I've seen in 20 years. You lost to a better team. End of story.

igo4uni
November 10th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Good game, FU!!

ngineer
November 10th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Heck of win at the end of the year. It's good to see teams still fighting hard at the end in a season of disappointment...AND I picked you guys on the 'gohens' board!xthumbsupx

Millwoch
November 10th, 2007, 10:45 PM

FU is not a mediocre team. They are not the best ever FU to ever suit up, but they hung in with just about eveyone in the conference.

SuperEagle
November 10th, 2007, 11:31 PM
What should I call them then? What does one call a 4-5 team that just beat you to move to 5-5?
Websters defines mediocre as ordinary or average. Furman is now 5-5 overall and 3-3 in the conference. What is that considered? Exceptional?
Come on now.
Last year my Eagles went 3-8 but 5 of our losses were by 7pts or less with 2 being in OT. But despite the close losses, I would still say we were a terrible team. Who cares if those losses are close? It's all about your won/loss record. We were terrible and I'm not afraid to admit it. And this year's Furman team is indeed mediocre. And yes, you beat us so shame on us. We did lose at home to a mediocre football team that will probably keep us out of the playoffs.
If we upset CSU do you think the selection committee is going to look at losing home games to chatt and furman as a positive. Do you think they would consider those exceptional losses. Come on. Call it like it is.
Our team was good on the road upsetting 2 top 10 teams. But at home we just haven't been getting it done. 7 homes losses in 2 years. We have got to start playing better there.

feb18blacksunday
November 10th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Congrats Furman.

GreatAppSt
November 10th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Horrible loss by my Eagles. Mediocre teams are now beating us

Boy you guys like slapping your players right in the face don't you.xsmhx

LarryBoy
November 11th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Furman has a mediocre record. But they proved today that they did NOT come into Statesboro as a mediocre team. They started the season as a horrid team; now they could hang with most any top 25 team in the FCS in my humble opinion. They've won 3 of 4 with wins over two Top 15 teams, and the one loss was a 7-point, last-second loss to ASU. So, again--mediocre record, good team.

I've been incredibly proud to see these guys turn it around, with seemingly nothing tangible to play for. The last two weeks have felt better than even some of our "successful stretches."

Seven Would Be Nice
November 11th, 2007, 12:27 AM
I wouldn't call them a mediocre team. They man-handled us all night. We got lucky we had the opportunity to win the game at the end. To bad we couldn't pull it out.

PaladinFan
November 11th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Seven is right, Furman whipped the Eagles up and down the field. A few gift calls made it closer than it looked.

I just lament that Furman hasn't been playing like this all year. Renaldo Gray stole the show, GSU didn't have an answer for him.

For those who've never seen it, here are the highlights to the game per the Eagle board. If you've never seen Jayson Foster take a hit in 3 years, fastforward to the 4:10 mark. http://www.bullochheadlinenews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=601&Itemid=40

PaladinFan
November 11th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Boy you guys like slapping your players right in the face don't you.xsmhx

News Flash to GSU: Mediocre teams have been beating you for a while now.

Eyes of Old Main
November 11th, 2007, 02:55 AM
Must have been a very hard fought game. Furman is playing much better lately and GSU has come together as the season has progressed. All that being said, congrats to my Paladin friends for their assistance the past two weeks.

jhbeagle
November 11th, 2007, 06:19 AM
We got out coached, did not have answer for the FU TE that killed us all game. We got out played. It's just as simple as that. We had penalties after penalties. Furman had a great game plan and executed it very well. We had 3 timeouts and on about the 20 yeard line and we can't score. How many times can we run the same hand off up the middle in a game. Oh well. Maybe we can beat CSU next wek and sneek into the playoffs.

OL FU
November 11th, 2007, 07:05 AM
What should I call them then? What does one call a 4-5 team that just beat you to move to 5-5?
Websters defines mediocre as ordinary or average. Furman is now 5-5 overall and 3-3 in the conference. What is that considered? Exceptional?
Come on now.
Last year my Eagles went 3-8 but 5 of our losses were by 7pts or less with 2 being in OT. But despite the close losses, I would still say we were a terrible team. Who cares if those losses are close? It's all about your won/loss record. We were terrible and I'm not afraid to admit it. And this year's Furman team is indeed mediocre. And yes, you beat us so shame on us. We did lose at home to a mediocre football team that will probably keep us out of the playoffs.
If we upset CSU do you think the selection committee is going to look at losing home games to chatt and furman as a positive. Do you think they would consider those exceptional losses. Come on. Call it like it is.
Our team was good on the road upsetting 2 top 10 teams. But at home we just haven't been getting it done. 7 homes losses in 2 years. We have got to start playing better there.

That's ok we will be6-5 (I hope ) and you will be 7-4 and we will both be enjoying watching other teams play Thanksgiving weekend:p xrolleyesx

OL FU
November 11th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Although I hate to see my second favorite FCS team get beat, I gotta' tip my Griz hat to the Paladin faithful!

I'm thinking OL FU must be on some pretty stout O2 therapy after this one!xnodx xlolx xlolx

Thank God I bought that defibulatorxnodx

OL FU
November 11th, 2007, 07:15 AM
I have had many proud moments in my 30 plus years of watching Furman. This one doesn't compare to NC wins or losses etc., conference championships and so forth. But considering this team had nothing to play for but pride, I don't think I have been more proud than the 3rd quarter when they stopped the Eagles and scored two touchdowns and said we are going to win this game.xthumbsupx

There is no doubt that having 9-2 seasons and going to play offs are more fun, but the last two games showed the team without the FU typical record has tremendous character and determination.xbowx xbowx

OL FU
November 11th, 2007, 07:25 AM
We got out coached, did not have answer for the FU TE that killed us all game. We got out played. It's just as simple as that. We had penalties after penalties. Furman had a great game plan and executed it very well. We had 3 timeouts and on about the 20 yeard line and we can't score. How many times can we run the same hand off up the middle in a game. Oh well. Maybe we can beat CSU next wek and sneek into the playoffs.

I thought the same thing. After all the crap that Lamb has caught this year I sat watching the game thinking, the coaches had this one figured out.xnodx

CID1990
November 11th, 2007, 08:06 AM

If your players feel the same way, then maybe that's why they lose some games there. In order to win consistently, you have to assume that the visiting team is coming there with the intention of beating you, rather than rolling over for the "Paulson Mystique."

Get used to it, because most of the SoCon is simply going to reload next year.

PaladinFan
November 11th, 2007, 08:13 AM
The spirit of John Rust came back and aided Larry Hedden. Strange as it sounded, I thought the injury to RJ Webb was good for us. It forced us to quit looking downfield for the homerun all the time and start using our tight ends and running backs more (like we do when we win). Its more Gray's game.

appst97
November 11th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Furman has a mediocre record. But they proved today that they did NOT come into Statesboro as a mediocre team. They started the season as a horrid team; now they could hang with most any top 25 team in the FCS in my humble opinion. They've won 3 of 4 with wins over two Top 15 teams, and the one loss was a 7-point, last-second loss to ASU. So, again--mediocre record, good team.

I've been incredibly proud to see these guys turn it around, with seemingly nothing tangible to play for. The last two weeks have felt better than even some of our "successful stretches."

Desparate attempt at the end falling short should not be misconstrued as a "last-second lost"xsmiley_wix

Uncle Buck
November 11th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Just saw the final score, congrats on a big win. It sounds like it must have been a battle that came down to the end.

Death Dealer
November 11th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Come on now.
Our team was good on the road upsetting 2 top 10 teams. But at home we just haven't been getting it done. 7 homes losses in 2 years. We have got to start playing better there.You just keep on calling us whatever you want. And I'll keep on reminding you that today in Statesboro, we kicked your butts. If that's mediocre then I'll take mediocre every chance I get. We were the first FCS team all year to figure out how to contain JF. And try as they might, the Hatch attack couldn't get it done, even when the officials tried to hand it to them on a silver platter. Your boys had no answer for Grey or Hedden. Wow, this mediocre team came into your house and whipped you. Let's see, let me get my Webster's out and see if I can figure out what word best defines a team that lets that happen. Hmmmm. Is piss poor hyphenated?

Eaglesrus
November 11th, 2007, 09:01 AM
I know its hard for you, but try not to be such an @$$hole. If we're mediocre then you guys don't even rise to the level of pitiful. Face it, we got after your asses in your house today and the only thing that kept you in the game was the most one sided officiating in the SOCON I've seen in 20 years. You lost to a better team. End of story.

You absolutely beat us and deserved the win, and the pass interference call was a bad one in just about everyone's opinion, certainly, mine, but if you think that was the most one-sided officiating you've seen in the SOCON in 20 years you must have been attending about one game a year.

OL FU
November 11th, 2007, 09:10 AM
You absolutely beat us and deserved the win, and the pass interference call was a bad one in just about everyone's opinion, certainly, mine, but if you think that was the most one-sided officiating you've seen in the SOCON in 20 years you must have been attending about one game a year.

Two of the worst calls (and by worst I mean most obviously wrong) I have seen in my football life have have taken place in the last two games between GSU and FU in Paulson.

This years pass interference and the GSU's touchdown ruled a fumball in 2005. Both were absolutely horrible misses. xnodx

Death Dealer
November 11th, 2007, 09:15 AM
You absolutely beat us and deserved the win, and the pass interference call was a bad one in just about everyone's opinion, certainly, mine, but if you think that was the most one-sided officiating you've seen in the SOCON in 20 years you must have been attending about one game a year.Well let's see. Blatant holding by your OL on every single down, several times resulting in key gains for you.. They called you on it maybe a handful of times. Constant blocking in the back. They called you on it twice. Several very generous spots in third down situations. A reversal on a fumble by a guy who could not have seen it. The absolutely most ridiculous pass interference call that seemed more of a response to the receivers whining than to the actual play. that's pretty one sided.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 11th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Well let's see. Blatant holding by your OL on every single down, several times resulting in key gains for you.. They called you on it maybe a handful of times. Constant blocking in the back. They called you on it twice. Several very generous spots in third down situations. A reversal on a fumble by a guy who could not have seen it. The absolutely most ridiculous pass interference call that seemed more of a response to the receivers whining than to the actual play. that's pretty one sided.

I saw just as many missed calls on y'all. Mostly holding calls that prevented us from sacking Grey more than we did. You would hold, we couldn't get to him, and you would complete yet another big pass to your TE.xbangx xbangx

Kill'em
November 11th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Both sides had calls missed. Don't forget we had a huge kickoff return called back for a block in the back. The flag came from over 50 yards away and the ball was spotted inside the 10! Give our guys credit for not giving up. I was very proud of them. Furman earned this win. Georgia Southern was NOT almost given the game.

Death Dealer
November 11th, 2007, 09:48 AM
I saw just as many missed calls on y'all. Mostly holding calls that prevented us from sacking Grey more than we did. You would hold, we couldn't get to him, and you would complete yet another big pass to your TE.xbangx xbangx

SWBN is right. They refused to call the hold for the entire game. And we won, so who cares about the bad calls. I wouldn't even mention it if we had lost, because I hate when losing teams do that. But overall, and correct me if I'm wrong, because I know some of you old farts have been around a lot longer than me, but this year has seemed like the worst officiating overall across the conference that I have ever seen. And I'm not just talking about FU games, because I watch a lot of other SOCON games, and they were all rife with bad officiating. Not just incorrect calls either, but bizarre stuff. xconfusedx xbangx

Death Dealer
November 11th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Both sides had calls missed. Don't forget we had a huge kickoff return called back for a block in the back. The flag came from over 50 yards away and the ball was spotted inside the 10! Give our guys credit for not giving up. I was very proud of them. Furman earned this win. Georgia Southern was NOT almost given the game.That block in the back call was spot on. The replay was irrefutable on that one. And there were a couple of others I saw that didn't get called. But you are correct overall, there was some bad officiating on both sides of the ball. Of course, we ought to be used to it by now I guess. I officially take it back. You guys are great and played a great game. You can't help it that we're just better than you. xnodx xlolx

Kill'em
November 11th, 2007, 10:05 AM
That block in the back call was spot on. The replay was irrefutable on that one. And there were a couple of others I saw that didn't get called. But you are correct overall, there was some bad officiating on both sides of the ball. Of course, we ought to be used to it by now I guess. I officially take it back. You guys are great and played a great game. You can't help it that we're just better than you. xnodx xlolx

I can't argue that.

DB_Atlantic10
November 11th, 2007, 10:05 AM

I've been incredibly proud to see these guys turn it around, with seemingly nothing tangible to play for. The last two weeks have felt better than even some of our "successful stretches." Yawn xcoffeex

OL FU
November 11th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Yawn xcoffeex

Thank you for your constructive comment. Go on back to sleep cuz no body give a crap anywayxrolleyesx

OL FU
November 11th, 2007, 10:11 AM
OK Time to let go of the referees, They miss calls every game. and oh they are also part of the games, some time they help you win some time they hurt you but in the end you can't play the game without them.

PaladinFan
November 11th, 2007, 10:30 AM
OK Time to let go of the referees, They miss calls every game. and oh they are also part of the games, some time they help you win some time they hurt you but in the end you can't play the game without them.

Yes, but that pass interference call took us from a 9 point win to a near 1 point loss. Game was over and done if that was called like it should have been.

The block in the back on the kickoff was blatant. My guess is that the ref couldn't get his flag out, but he certainly saw the one that was obvious on TV.

OL FU
November 11th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Yes, but that pass interference call took us from a 9 point win to a near 1 point loss. Game was over and done if that was called like it should have been.

The block in the back on the kickoff was blatant. My guess is that the ref couldn't get his flag out, but he certainly saw the one that was obvious on TV.

We wonxnodx xsmiley_wix

furman94
November 11th, 2007, 10:55 AM
This game tape needs to go to Sparkleburg to the Socon Offices. That was possibly the worst officiating ever!

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 11th, 2007, 11:27 AM
A few comments on this thread...

Coach Hatcher said that Foster was hurt late in the first half, and that is why we threw the ball with him. He made some very nice passes that if caught, would have meant we would have won by 10. Of course, that's football. So are missed field goals by good kickers.

Furman has picked and chosen which games to be mediocre in this year. This wasn't one of them. Also, Paul Johnson lost to a so-so William and Mary team in 1997. Give the man a chance.

Any Furman fan that thinks that was the worst officiating they have ever seen obviously did not make the trip to Statesboro in 1999. And we won that game by making big plays, not by you screwing up.

OL FU
November 11th, 2007, 11:51 AM
A few comments on this thread...

Coach Hatcher said that Foster was hurt late in the first half, and that is why we threw the ball with him. He made some very nice passes that if caught, would have meant we would have won by 10. Of course, that's football. So are missed field goals by good kickers.

Furman has picked and chosen which games to be mediocre in this year. This wasn't one of them. Also, Paul Johnson lost to a so-so William and Mary team in 1997. Give the man a chance.

Any Furman fan that thinks that was the worst officiating they have ever seen obviously did not make the trip to Statesboro in 1999. And we won that game by making big plays, not by you screwing up.

I don't think anything, I don't have to we wonxnodx

Eaglesrus
November 11th, 2007, 12:21 PM
SWBN is right. They refused to call the hold for the entire game. And we won, so who cares about the bad calls. I wouldn't even mention it if we had lost, because I hate when losing teams do that. But overall, and correct me if I'm wrong, because I know some of you old farts have been around a lot longer than me, but this year has seemed like the worst officiating overall across the conference that I have ever seen. And I'm not just talking about FU games, because I watch a lot of other SOCON games, and they were all rife with bad officiating. Not just incorrect calls either, but bizarre stuff.[B] xconfusedx xbangx

Now see, all of that I can agree with completely. It was the "most one-sided ever" comment in your original statement that I had a problem with. Anyway, congrats on the win.

RazorEdge19
November 11th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I didn't hear or watch the game as I was in Chattanooga to watch Wofford play. I spoke to one of my friends following the end of the FU-GSU game and he said the officiating was very very poor. I am curious if it was the same crew Wofford had last week versus GSU.

PaladinFan
November 11th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I didn't hear or watch the game as I was in Chattanooga to watch Wofford play. I spoke to one of my friends following the end of the FU-GSU game and he said the officiating was very very poor. I am curious if it was the same crew Wofford had last week versus GSU.

It really wasn't so much the "poorness" of it that got Furman fans riled up. It was beating a team for four quarters of football and then having the Refs decide the game.

GSUhooligan
November 11th, 2007, 01:28 PM
On the pass interference, the FU DB had to go through the receiver to make the play. He was a split second too early on the tackle and the ref threw the flag. Ticky tack, maybe. But horrible, not compared to many many other calls over the last few years.

OL FU
November 11th, 2007, 01:33 PM
On the pass interference, the FU DB had to go through the receiver to make the play. He was a split second too early on the tackle and the ref threw the flag. Ticky tack, maybe. But horrible, not compared to many many other calls over the last few years.

He did not have to go through the receiver, he went straight up. The receiver actually jump back into him. Personally I could care less but your interpretation of the call, in this case, is wrong.

Additionally, my understanding of the rule is that both players clearly have a right to catch the ball. Since the defender jumped straight up and not toward the offensive player it was not pass interference. There are many maybe calls. This was not one of them

OL FU
November 11th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I will try and explain what I posted before on the ref situation. I don't really have a problem discussing the rights and wrongs of calls. I don't even really have a problem discussing game changing calls. And I certainly don't think the refs should be let off the hook for calls. BUT..........

with the exception of very few games, the refs miss calls in every game. Generally, the missed calls go both ways. We tend to remember the ones that are "impact" calls, especially the ones that go against our team. Someone said not all missed calls are impact calls, that isn't the truth. There is absolutely no way to determine which missed call might impact the game. Which missed call gave a team the ball with a first and five versus a first an ten. or which penalty on first down led to a first down or not getting a first down later in the drive. But the truth is while certain calls are obviously impactful, that doesn't mean that the least obvious wasn't just as impactful since it may have changed the play calling of a team or eventually caused them to be a foot short of the goal-line or simply miss a first down that would have led to a TD.

The least obvious missed call could very well be the one that impacted the game the most. As I said, that doesn't mean that it should be discussed. But it really becomes little more than two different sets of fans sticking their collective tongues out at each other. xeyebrowx

Saying we would have beat you by ten or we would have won if, might be fun but it looks childish. Now with that said.......

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e131/kevncoll/Emoticons/th_1f4e507c.gif

BigApp
November 11th, 2007, 02:12 PM

sounds like you were watching a different game. The ball hit the furmanite in the helmet. No tackle was made (or attempted). IIRC, the GSU receiver didn't even turn around until the furman guy jumped in the air.

If anything, it was OFFENSIVE pass interference.

Regardless, the Football Gods righted the call.

Baldy
November 11th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Well let's see. Blatant holding by your OL on every single down, several times resulting in key gains for you.. They called you on it maybe a handful of times. Constant blocking in the back. They called you on it twice. Several very generous spots in third down situations. A reversal on a fumble by a guy who could not have seen it. The absolutely most ridiculous pass interference call that seemed more of a response to the receivers whining than to the actual play. that's pretty one sided.
My God, you get the crybaby of the year award, CONGRATS!!! xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx

You had 3 penalties called against your team the entire game and you are crying about the refs?

The pass interference call was probably the only legit call the refs made all game....well besides that low rent face mask penalty by that #51 thug. Only a blind homer would say that your guy didn't go right through the receiver to try and get the ball.

Your Oline was holding the entire game. More than generous spots on your behalf and the absolute worst call of the game...that blocking in the back penalty on our long kick off return that came from over 60 yards away. Wonder how every other official all who were much closer didn't see it. Please, its nothing more than the usual treatment given to the SoCon's little darlings.

Just be happy you escaped with a win that you didn't deserve and call it a day, or do you want to get into a discussion about the behavior of your low rent players after the game? xcoffeex

Death Dealer
November 11th, 2007, 04:01 PM
My God, you get the crybaby of the year award, CONGRATS!!! xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx

You had 3 penalties called against your team the entire game and you are crying about the refs?

The pass interference call was probably the only legit call the refs made all game....well besides that low rent face mask penalty by that #51 thug. Only a blind homer would say that your guy didn't go right through the receiver to try and get the ball.

Your Oline was holding the entire game. More than generous spots on your behalf and the absolute worst call of the game...that blocking in the back penalty on our long kick off return that came from over 60 yards away. Wonder how every other official all who were much closer didn't see it. Please, its nothing more than the usual treatment given to the SoCon's little darlings.

Just be happy you escaped with a win that you didn't deserve and call it a day, or do you want to get into a discussion about the behavior of your low rent players after the game? xcoffeex
xhomerx
You my friend get the "I'm crazier than hell and don't have a ****ing clue" award. xlolx

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 11th, 2007, 04:07 PM
xhomerx
You my friend get the "I'm crazier than hell and don't have a ****ing clue" award. xlolx

Personally, I would have loved to have won the game on the dubious interference call. It would have been retribution for the dubious interference call that cost us the 2004 game against you guys.:D

PaladinFan
November 11th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Baldy, I dont think anyone can be a crybaby if they won. Second, we were penalized three times and GSU only 5. Heck GSU was penalized only five more yards with two more penalties.

I guess it was safe to say they weren't calling holding at all. I didn't really watch our linemen, but our defensive boys were getting dragged to the ground all night, especially when Foster would roll out. I guess they just said "let em play" and they did. It could have been called all night on both sides.

Baldy
November 11th, 2007, 05:09 PM
xhomerx

Nice retort... xcoffeex

Interesting you didn't try and at least defend the thug who wears #51 and the post game actions of your "ghetto squad".

Baldy
November 11th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Baldy, I dont think anyone can be a crybaby if they won. Second, we were penalized three times and GSU only 5. Heck GSU was penalized only five more yards with two more penalties.

I guess it was safe to say they weren't calling holding at all. I didn't really watch our linemen, but our defensive boys were getting dragged to the ground all night, especially when Foster would roll out. I guess they just said "let em play" and they did. It could have been called all night on both sides.
Actually, this was probably one of the best officiated GSU/Furman games in recent years...which isn't saying anything at all. I just find it rather funny that a Furman fan has the gall to whine about SoCon officiating, especially in a game they won. Probably the same type of person who would win a car, but whine about the color. xlolx

RazorEdge19
November 11th, 2007, 05:18 PM
If there's one thing I can say after watching Wofford and GSU play, its that GSU's players (WRs/RBs included) hold illegally. Legal holding is involved when one gets their hands 'inside' the body of a defender. Illegal holding is when that is not the case. Now, whether or not the refs call it is another thing all together.

If you ask me, I think many of the referees throughout college football are negligent in their duties and should stop 'watching' games and start 'calling' games.

PaladinFan
November 11th, 2007, 05:57 PM
If there's one thing I can say after watching Wofford and GSU play, its that GSU's players (WRs/RBs included) hold illegally. Legal holding is involved when one gets their hands 'inside' the body of a defender. Illegal holding is when that is not the case. Now, whether or not the refs call it is another thing all together.

If you ask me, I think many of the referees throughout college football are negligent in their duties and should stop 'watching' games and start 'calling' games.

The one thing I do agree with, though. If you aren't going to call it against us, don't call it against them. At least they were consistent.

T-Dogg
November 11th, 2007, 05:57 PM
The pass interference call was probably the only legit call the refs made all game.... xcoffeex

xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox

The fumble you could question, the interference call was shocking. It was a great game to watch and probably Furman's best overall game this season! However, those ref's looked like they were really line cooks that decided to officiate a game on a whimxeyebrowx

Kill'em
November 11th, 2007, 06:03 PM

I think this is true.

The Cats
November 11th, 2007, 06:06 PM
WOW 24-22! HOLY COW!

Congrats.......xthumbsupx

Death Dealer
November 11th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Nice retort... xcoffeex

Interesting you didn't try and at least defend the thug who wears #51 and the post game actions of your "ghetto squad".
Thanks, I thought it was pretty clever myself. xsmiley_wix Get over it Baldy. I'm just giving you shyt. I was on tilt from the guy who said we were mediocre when I made the officiating post.

It's all good, 'cause we won and you didn't.xnodx xthumbsupx xpeacex That makes us 3-1 in the last four meetings!xsmileyclapx That's as far back as I'm gonna go though.xrolleyesx xwhistlex xshhhx

As far as #51, that kid is a bonafide choir boy. :D xrolleyesx

AppGirl
November 11th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Congrats Furman!!!

Baldy
November 11th, 2007, 07:40 PM
xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox

The fumble you could question, the interference call was shocking. It was a great game to watch and probably Furman's best overall game this season! However, those ref's looked like they were really line cooks that decided to officiate a game on a whimxeyebrowx
There really wasn't a question about the fumble. The Furman player caught the ball established possession and had two feet down when it was dislodged by the hit from Benefield.

Since your team had more riding on that game than Furman, excuse me if I don't take your analysis as an unbiased opinion. xpeacex

Baldy
November 11th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Seven is right, Furman whipped the Eagles up and down the field. A few gift calls made it closer than it looked.

I just lament that Furman hasn't been playing like this all year. Renaldo Gray stole the show, GSU didn't have an answer for him.

For those who've never seen it, here are the highlights to the game per the Eagle board. If you've never seen Jayson Foster take a hit in 3 years, fastforward to the 4:10 mark. http://www.bullochheadlinenews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=601&Itemid=40

...and look at the 1:15 mark to see the fumble that wasn't. The Furman player caught the ball established possession and had two feet down when the hit dislodges the ball. At the very least it should have been our ball inside the 10 yard line. xwhistlex

OL FU
November 12th, 2007, 05:53 AM

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx Talk About a cry baby. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx WE lostxbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

If you want to cry get your ass in Crapsville.

OL FU
November 12th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Nice retort... xcoffeex

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Did the big bad Furman homosexuals hurt your feelings.:o xrolleyesx

and in case any one was wondering Baldy is a very objective fan, not a homer in the leastxrolleyesx

PaladinFan
November 12th, 2007, 07:47 AM
...and look at the 1:15 mark to see the fumble that wasn't. The Furman player caught the ball established possession and had two feet down when the hit dislodges the ball. At the very least it should have been our ball inside the 10 yard line. xwhistlex

The ruling, as I understand it, is that you have to make a "football move" after establishing possession. That is, you have to turn up field, or juke, spin, whatever. Lafrance caught it and then was hit immediately, yes he catches the ball, no he doesn't establish possession.

BALD EAGLE
November 12th, 2007, 10:11 AM
As a diehard Ga. Southern fan who has attended close to ten games a year since 1985 it really pains me to say this but I think the Paladins outplayed the Eagles for most of the game and deserved to win.

I also think the Eagles would have deserved to win if Hartley had made the field goal because of the outstanding comeback they made in the fourth quarter. If Ga. Southern had won, in my opinion, it would not have been because of the officiating.

I certainly think Furman had several legitimate complaints especially when the Eagles scored their second touchdown because after watching a tape of that several times I definitely think a Ga. Southern player was holding one of the Paladins.

It has been a long time since I have read what constitutes pass interference, but based on my understanding of what pass interference is the pass interference call looked like was a good call to me. Again, I have watched that play a number of times, and each time the defender certainly looked like he hit the receiver before the ball got to receiver.

For those who say that was not pass interference that both the receiver and defender were going for the ball please tell me what would keep a defensive back from "going" for the ball every time but actually planning to run into the receiver before the ball got to receiver. I know if I were a defensive back I would keep my eyes on the ball and make it look like I was trying to catch it when in fact what I would really be trying to do would be to position myself so that I could hit the receiver before the ball got to him. This is just my opinion and I may well be wrong. But I do not think so.

I would appreciate any comments concerning this.

I am not objective when it comes to my "beloved" Eagles, and I do not pretend to be. I have one other comment about officiating and would appreciate any feedback on it. The Ga. Southern games against Chattanooga and Elon this year were the worst officiated games I can ever recall watching, and after what these kids had to endure last year playing for the worst coach and biggest jerk in the history of football they deserved a lot better than the injustices done to them by “so called” officials in those two games. Except for those officials and the way they called those games the Eagles would have won both of those games and would already have a conference championship and a play-off bid. Now there is a question about them making the play-offs just because of officials who were either too incompetent or who let their biases influence their decisions.

As I have already stated I am not objective when it comes to my Eagles, but there is one area in football where I am trying to become totally objective. That is the officiating. To have a bunch of old men take away a victory from players who deserved to win the game and would have except for that bunch of old men is beyond unconscionable. Those of us who are fans of teams in the SOCON should write, email or call the SOCON Office in charge of officiating then the Commissioner’s Office and tell them that the officiating this year has been unacceptable and must be improved.

GO EAGLES

"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

OL FU
November 12th, 2007, 10:28 AM
As a diehard Ga. Southern fan who has attended close to ten games a year since 1985 it really pains me to say this but I think the Paladins outplayed the Eagles for most of the game and deserved to win.

I also think the Eagles would have deserved to win if Hartley had made the field goal because of the outstanding comeback they made in the fourth quarter. If Ga. Southern had won, in my opinion, it would not have been because of the officiating.

I certainly think Furman had several legitimate complaints especially when the Eagles scored their second touchdown because after watching a tape of that several times I definitely think a Ga. Southern player was holding one of the Paladins.

It has been a long time since I have read what constitutes pass interference, but based on my understanding of what pass interference is the pass interference call looked like was a good call to me. Again, I have watched that play a number of times, and each time the defender certainly looked like he hit the receiver before the ball got to receiver.

For those who say that was not pass interference that both the receiver and defender were going for the ball please tell me what would keep a defensive back from "going" for the ball every time but actually planning to run into the receiver before the ball got to receiver. I know if I were a defensive back I would keep my eyes on the ball and make it look like I was trying to catch it when in fact what I would really be trying to do would be to position myself so that I could hit the receiver before the ball got to him. This is just my opinion and I may well be wrong. But I do not think so.

I would appreciate any comments concerning this.

I am not objective when it comes to my "beloved" Eagles, and I do not pretend to be. I have one other comment about officiating and would appreciate any feedback on it. The Ga. Southern games against Chattanooga and Elon this year were the worst officiated games I can ever recall watching, and after what these kids had to endure last year playing for the worst coach and biggest jerk in the history of football they deserved a lot better than the injustices done to them by “so called” officials in those two games. Except for those officials and the way they called those games the Eagles would have won both of those games and would already have a conference championship and a play-off bid. Now there is a question about them making the play-offs just because of officials who were either too incompetent or who let their biases influence their decisions.

As I have already stated I am not objective when it comes to my Eagles, but there is one area in football where I am trying to become totally objective. That is the officiating. To have a bunch of old men take away a victory from players who deserved to win the game and would have except for that bunch of old men is beyond unconscionable. Those of us who are fans of teams in the SOCON should write, email or call the SOCON Office in charge of officiating then the Commissioner’s Office and tell them that the officiating this year has been unacceptable and must be improved.

GO EAGLES

"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

First good postxthumbsupx

I should let someone who is more familiar with the rules take a run at that however when the ball is passed both offensive and defensive players have equal rights to the ball. The most typical d pass interference is where a dback is beat and just hits the receiver prior to the ball reaching the receiver. Since both players have an equal right to the ball I think position with regards to the pass becomes important. If the o player is in front of a pass thrown waist high (with the d player behind the o player_ and the d player while going for the ball creams the o player, then it is pass interference regardless of whether he is going for the ball. The same thing exist if the d player has the better position and the o player creams him. In the case the ball was thrown over the head of the o player and the d player jumped straight up ( not into the d player ) and the ball actually hit the d player'ss helmet. The o player actually jumped backwards for the ball clearly showing the position favored the d player. If anything the o player jumped backwards into the d player. xtwocentsx

As I have said before the refs and their mistakes are part of the game, some time they help you some time they hurt you. but in the end you win or lose with them or in spite of themxnodx That doesn't mean we should tolerate their mistakes, but yaking about the refs causing the score to be this or that is especially when it was a hard fought game, does little more than take away from the accomplishments of both teams players

Now some one that knows what they are talking about should explainrxthumbsupx

Baldy
November 12th, 2007, 07:03 PM
xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Did the big bad Furman homosexuals hurt your feelings.:o xrolleyesx

and in case any one was wondering Baldy is a very objective fan, not a homer in the leastxrolleyesx
Actually, they were very funny...watching alleged "grown" men acting like 12 year old wannabe ganstas. An overall fine group of children representing your university oh so well. I wouldn't expect anything more. xlolx

Baldy
November 12th, 2007, 07:10 PM
The ruling, as I understand it, is that you have to make a "football move" after establishing possession. That is, you have to turn up field, or juke, spin, whatever. Lafrance caught it and then was hit immediately, yes he catches the ball, no he doesn't establish possession.
He turned upfield after he caught the ball, Benefields helmet causing the fumble makes that perfectly clear. Sorry, but that is a "football move".

Kill'em
November 12th, 2007, 07:11 PM

The "football move" is an NFL term. The NCAA rule book, Rule 2-2, Section 7, page 41 states:
"A catch is an act of a firmly establishing player posession of a live ball in flight.
c. To catch, intercept or recover a ball, a player who leaves his feet to make a catch, interception or recovery, must have the ball firmlyin his posession when he first returns to the groundinbounds with any part of his body or is so held that the dead-ball provisions of rule 4-1-3-p apply.
1. If one foot lands inbounds and the receiver has posession and control of the ball, it is a catch or interception even though a subsequent step or fall takes the receiver out of bounds.

http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2007/2007_football_rules.pdf

Baldy
November 12th, 2007, 07:15 PM
xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx Talk About a cry baby. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx WE lostxbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

If you want to cry get your ass in Crapsville.
Hate to break this to ya, but unlike your 5 loss streetballers, we're still in the playoff hunt, so just stay your ass in Crapsville. Hell, wasn't Furman the first team in the bar this season? xlolx

T-Dogg
November 12th, 2007, 07:35 PM
There really wasn't a question about the fumble. The Furman player caught the ball established possession and had two feet down when it was dislodged by the hit from Benefield.

Since your team had more riding on that game than Furman, excuse me if I don't take your analysis as an unbiased opinion. xpeacex

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

We did have something riding on that game, I certainly can not argue that. I also hope GSU makes the playoffs, mainly because you are a SoCon team and can beat anyone on any given Saturday.(App and Wofford)

Having said that, I have talked to all my SoCon buddies since our Socon win/AQ and nobody agreed with that call. HECK, I thought Sam Wyche was going to slam his headset and do down and choke that ref. He is certainly unbiased and had no dogg in that fight.xsmhx

PaladinFan
November 12th, 2007, 08:20 PM
The way the announcers, and I have always have heard it explained. Is that you look at the eyes of both players. When two players get tangled up and dragged down, for instance, it isn't interference if it happens while both are looking for the football, even though one player initiates contact.

In this case, Thacker's eyes were up. He wasn't trying to "interfere" with the pass, but mere to catch it. It is somewhat of a misnomer that it is only the receiver has a right to the ball. The defensive man has the same right to the ball. So, like a few have said, if anything, Andrews was interfering with Thacker's ability to make the catch, not the other way around.

Granted, if this was a call that happened in the first quarter (like the holding call on your second touchdown), it probably wouldn't have been a big deal. The refs, though, had let the players "play" all night long (no holding calls, few penalties on either side) so why, my question is, start all the sudden calling penalties on the most crucial play of the game?

Baldy
November 12th, 2007, 11:23 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

We did have something riding on that game, I certainly can not argue that. I also hope GSU makes the playoffs, mainly because you are a SoCon team and can beat anyone on any given Saturday.(App and Wofford)

Having said that, I have talked to all my SoCon buddies since our Socon win/AQ and nobody agreed with that call. HECK, I thought Sam Wyche was going to slam his headset and do down and choke that ref. He is certainly unbiased and had no dogg in that fight.xsmhx
Oh Lord no, for sure Sam Wyche absolutely had no dog in that fight, afterall its only an internet rumor that Wyche played QB at Furman in the mid-60's. xrolleyesx

Care to try that one again? xsmhx xlolx

Baldy
November 12th, 2007, 11:26 PM
The way the announcers, and I have always have heard it explained. Is that you look at the eyes of both players. When two players get tangled up and dragged down, for instance, it isn't interference if it happens while both are looking for the football, even though one player initiates contact.

In this case, Thacker's eyes were up. He wasn't trying to "interfere" with the pass, but mere to catch it. It is somewhat of a misnomer that it is only the receiver has a right to the ball. The defensive man has the same right to the ball. So, like a few have said, if anything, Andrews was interfering with Thacker's ability to make the catch, not the other way around.

Granted, if this was a call that happened in the first quarter (like the holding call on your second touchdown), it probably wouldn't have been a big deal. The refs, though, had let the players "play" all night long (no holding calls, few penalties on either side) so why, my question is, start all the sudden calling penalties on the most crucial play of the game?
Like that bogus blocking in the back call on the long KO return called back by the ref throwing the flag from 60+ yards away?

OL FU
November 13th, 2007, 05:31 AM
Actually, they were very funny...watching alleged "grown" men acting like 12 year old wannabe ganstas. An overall fine group of children representing your university oh so well. I wouldn't expect anything more. xlolx

Baldy sore loser, who would have thought itxnonono2x xlolx xlolx xrolleyesx :D

OL FU
November 13th, 2007, 05:32 AM
Hate to break this to ya, but unlike your 5 loss streetballers, we're still in the playoff hunt, so just stay your ass in Crapsville. Hell, wasn't Furman the first team in the bar this season? xlolx

I don't know about Furman, but like normal I wasxnodx xthumbsupx

GreatAppSt
November 13th, 2007, 10:47 AM
I don't know about Furman, but like normal I wasxnodx xthumbsupxxlolx

Death Dealer
November 13th, 2007, 10:54 AM
I don't know about Furman, but like normal I wasxnodx xthumbsupx
Hey, I've been there since the second weekend of the season. xprost2x xnutsx FUBAR is the only way to spend a season like this one. xnodx

Baldy
November 13th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Baldy sore loser, who would have thought itxnonono2x xlolx xlolx xrolleyesx :D
And I thought you only acted clueless.... xnonono2x

Just can't believe the gall of some of the Furman fans to complain about officiating, especially in a win.

CID1990
November 13th, 2007, 11:38 AM

Just can't believe the gall of some of the Furman fans to complain about officiating, especially in a win.

That's the only time it's kosher to do so.... doing it after a loss is just crying.

OL FU
November 13th, 2007, 12:14 PM

I can agree with the comment on whining about the refs when your win. You will notice I did not do that.

Then on the other hand there are those GSU fans that think it is ok for other teams to go through five hours of obscence humiliation from their drunken redneck student body and then when GSU loses don't understand why it gets rubbed in their face. xrolleyesx

By the way I may be clueless but I can learn, you will always be an assxrolleyesx

Baldy
November 13th, 2007, 12:47 PM
I can agree with the comment on whining about the refs when your win. You will notice I did not do that.

Then on the other hand there are those GSU fans that think it is ok for other teams to go through five hours of obscence humiliation from their drunken redneck student body and then when GSU loses don't understand why it gets rubbed in their face. xrolleyesx

By the way I may be clueless but I can learn, you will always be an assxrolleyesx
Didn't say you did whine about the refs....another sign of you being clueless. You're not learning too quickly.

Well, your team wasn't just taunting and showing their complete lack of class and discipline to just the student body. It was happening right in front little kids who were oblivious to the game and were still playing on the hills. But, please feel free to keep making excuses for their behavior. xrolleyesx

A textbook example why your team is 5-5.

OL FU
November 13th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Didn't say you did whine about the refs....another sign of you being clueless. You're not learning too quickly.

Well, your team wasn't just taunting and showing their complete lack of class and discipline to just the student body. It was happening right in front little kids who were oblivious to the game and were still playing on the hills. But, please feel free to keep making excuses for their behavior. xrolleyesx

No excuses I certainly hope that we don't let anything like that continue. I would hate to have to build a wall between our team on your fans. Oh wait,the NCAA already made you do that once.

Personally I could care less how rednecked your fans are. But don't expect others to just turn their ******in cheeks.

OL FU
November 13th, 2007, 12:51 PM

Oh yeah we are 5-5 with one number in that first five being your buttsxeekx

GreatAppSt
November 13th, 2007, 12:54 PM
xarguex xarguex xarguex xpopcornx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahxxpopcornx xarguex xarguex xpopcornx xdeadhorsex

All right children xsmashx Go to Your Rooms.xcoffeex

OL FU
November 13th, 2007, 12:59 PM
xarguex xarguex xarguex xpopcornx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahxxpopcornx xarguex xarguex xpopcornx xdeadhorsex

All right children xsmashx Go to Your Rooms.xcoffeex

xlolx xlolx xlolx

You know I could agree with Baldy every once in a while. but he wears that frickin' eagle blue like it is a chip on his shoulderxrolleyesx

I totally agree there is no reason for Furman fans to bitch about the refs. and I thought Baldy made a good point on that. Of course, he continued to add that it was a game we didn't deserve to win. So we are supposed to sit back andxbowx to the bald one. xlolx

xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Baldy
November 13th, 2007, 01:54 PM
No excuses I certainly hope that we don't let anything like that continue. I would hate to have to build a wall between our team on your fans. Oh wait,the NCAA already made you do that once.

Personally I could care less how rednecked your fans are. But don't expect others to just turn their ******in cheeks.
Hate to show you your cluelessness (yeah I know its not a word) again, but....
FYI, the NCAA didn't make us do anything.

And I couldn't care less how classless and rednecked your fans are or how thuggish your team is either, but don't get your purple panties in a wad when someone points you out on it. xbawlingx

OL FU
November 13th, 2007, 02:04 PM

And I couldn't care less how classless and rednecked your fans are or how thuggish your team is either, but don't get your purple panties in a wad when someone points you out on it. xbawlingx

Glad to hear the NCAA didn't make you do it, shows that you at least had some decency and sense to realize that your GA puke students are problem.

Now I suppose our kids could be thuggish after beating your asses. Sorry if they offended you. But after it was over I am sure our guys went back to school to study so that 96% of them would graduate from a respected college. While 40% of your guys continued to flunk out of a South Georgia rat hole

Yep and you are still an ass.

Ivytalk
November 13th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Glad to hear the NCAA didn't make you do it, shows that you at least had some decency and sense to realize that your GA puke students are problem.

Now I suppose our kids could be thuggish after beating your asses. Sorry if they offended you. But after it was over I am sure our guys went back to school to study so that 96% of them would graduate from a respected college. While 40% of your guys continued to flunk out of a South Georgia rat hole

Must spread reps around before giving to OL FU again!xbowx xbowx xlolx xlolx :p :p xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox Two of AGS's finest going at it!

terrierbob
November 13th, 2007, 02:42 PM

You'll feel better if you just come out and say what you think. Don't beat around the bush.

PaladinFan
November 13th, 2007, 02:49 PM
I still find it amazing that GSU fans can jeer, slam, vulgarize, and make a complete nuisance of themselves for 4 hours both before and during a football game, and then get all sensitive when it gets tossed back at them.

blueballs
November 13th, 2007, 04:06 PM
I still find it amazing that GSU fans can jeer, slam, vulgarize, and make a complete nuisance of themselves for 4 hours both before and during a football game, and then get all sensitive when it gets tossed back at them.

4 hours before and 4 hours after??? Sounds like the amount of time necessary to get drunk and then sober up...xlolx

bobbythekidd
November 13th, 2007, 04:10 PM
xeekx Just looking around. Please continue.:)

BTW I was not THOSE fans. I shook alot of purple hands.

OL FU
November 13th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Thank God I will be in a seminar tomorrow, you guys feel free to carry on xnodx . or stopxrolleyesx

OL FU
November 13th, 2007, 04:12 PM
xeekx Just looking around. Please continue.:)

BTW I was not THOSE fans. I shook alot of purple hands.

xeyebrowx did it rub offxeekx

bobbythekidd
November 13th, 2007, 04:14 PM
xeyebrowx did it rub offxeekxA little, but I got one of the kids to give me a cootie shot. I'm feeling much better now.

CID1990
November 13th, 2007, 04:20 PM

Classless, rednecked? Thuggish team? Not my experience with Furple.

CID1990
November 13th, 2007, 04:22 PM

Must spread some reputation around......xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xasswhipx xasswhipx

PaladinFan
November 13th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Classless, rednecked? Thuggish team? Not my experience with Furple.

Well, we were "wine and cheese" and now "classless and thuggish."

At Furman we like to run both sides of the gambit. Apparently we are either demonstrate a vague indifference or a insatiable quality for mayhem.

Baldy
November 13th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Glad to hear the NCAA didn't make you do it, shows that you at least had some decency and sense to realize that your GA puke students are a problem.

Now, I suppose our kids could be thuggish after beating your asses, sorry if they offended you, but after it was over I am sure our guys went back to school to study so that 96% of them would graduate from a respected college, while 40% of your guys continued to flunk out of a South Georgia rat hole.

Yep, and you are still an ass.
Well, if the above quote is an example of the output from a "respected" college education at Furman (please note the numerous corrections in bold), then I'll take my education from a "South Georgia rat hole" every time. xthumbsupx xnodx xlolx

HINT:
If you wanna smack about education on a football message board, you might want to clean up around your own doorstep before crossing my threshold. :D

GreatAppSt
November 13th, 2007, 05:03 PM
xpopcornxxlolx

OL FU
November 15th, 2007, 05:28 AM
Well, if the above quote is an example of the output from a "respected" college education at Furman (please note the numerous corrections in bold), then I'll take my education from a "South Georgia rat hole" every time. xthumbsupx xnodx xlolx

HINT:
If you wanna smack about education on a football message board, you might want to clean up around your own doorstep before crossing my threshold. :D

Do you think I have time to spell check on a message board or worry about a typoxrolleyesx

I am not smacking about education. I am speaking about your school's obvious lack of concern for your players. Thanks for playing football, now go back to your job picking peanuts:D

Keep your diploma close to you. You might need to wipe your fanny with it.xeekx

Yep and you are still an ass

OL FU
November 15th, 2007, 06:04 AM
OK baldy, I took one last swipe at you. I will let you post and have the last word. Besides, I am tired of typing things I don't really believe about GSU.

After you post, we can continue on as normalxnodx I can be clueless and you can be an assxthumbsupx :D

Best of luck saturday. Hope you enjoy your trip to Coloradoxnodx

WCU_FL_Alum
November 15th, 2007, 08:57 AM
GREAT WIN! I'D MUCH RATHER SEE YA'LL WIN THAN THOSE BOYS FROM STATESBORO!

pete4256
November 15th, 2007, 09:34 AM

Actually, the correct idiomatic expression is "I could care less."

Now, by any standards of logic, or by the algebraic grammatical rules that removed double negatives from our language, "I could care less" doesn't make much sense (it obviously means the opposite of what it says). Hence the desire to replace it with, "I couldn't care less."

However, idiomatically (and historically) the correct form is "I could care less."

Thanks for reading. xreadx

GaSouthern
November 15th, 2007, 09:36 AM
GREAT WIN! I'D MUCH RATHER SEE YA'LL WIN THAN THOSE BOYS FROM STATESBORO!

Seventywhat?

PaladinFan
November 15th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Not to make things too high brow, but you can spend hours clicking through this site.

Granted, not great for football talk, but it definitely can win you a feisty argument over grammar http://wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html

proasu89
November 15th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Actually, the correct idiomatic expression is "I could care less."

Now, by any standards of logic, or by the algebraic grammatical rules that removed double negatives from our language, "I could care less" doesn't make much sense (it obviously means the opposite of what it says). Hence the desire to replace it with, "I couldn't care less."

However, idiomatically (and historically) the correct form is "I could care less."

Thanks for reading. xreadx

I feel a little smarter today.xcoolx Good job, pete:D

WCU_FL_Alum
November 15th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Seventywhat?

OK.....we got drilled last Saturday (wasn't a big surprise) but, there is nothing wrong with saying I like the guys in Greenville better than the G'nats!

The clouds have parted in Cullowhee and brighter days are ahead! The Cats have some talent but, have been suffering from poor leadership. Watch out if they actuallt get a good HC.

OL FU
November 15th, 2007, 01:11 PM
OK.....we got drilled last Saturday (wasn't a big surprise) but, there is nothing wrong with saying I like the guys in Greenville better than the G'nats!

The clouds have parted in Cullowhee and brighter days are ahead! The Cats have some talent but, have been suffering from poor leadership. Watch out if they actuallt get a good HC.

You have my permission to wait until next year to get betterxthumbsupx

WCU_FL_Alum
November 15th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Ohh....I am sure it will be a while but, at least we finally have reason to be optimistic. Anything is better than what we have been suffering through since they fired coach Bleil for the actions of his players which were totally out of his control.

Hope your boys take it easy on us this weekend in Cullowhee. Tough game for them.....long tough season and lame duck coaching staff.

PaladinFan
November 15th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Ohh....I am sure it will be a while but, at least we finally have reason to be optimistic. Anything is better than what we have been suffering through since they fired coach Bleil for the actions of his players which were totally out of his control.

Hope your boys take it easy on us this weekend in Cullowhee. Tough game for them.....long tough season and lame duck coaching staff.

Tell your boys to open up the passing game and keep it interesting.

WCU_FL_Alum
November 15th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I agree...Adam Herns needs to start at QB and go for broke. Nothing to lose.

pete4256
November 15th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I feel a little smarter today.xcoolx Good job, pete:D

Glad to help . . . even if you are a hillbilly. :D