PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical question

catbob
September 9th, 2005, 12:54 PM
So, a McDonalds is Bozeman starting putting Griz logos on all of their cups, and a schedule was also included on the cup.

Question to all rivalries out there - if this happened to you, how upset would you be?

Would you:

A - Think nothing of it and continue to eat horribly fatty food.

B - Think it was funny, have a laugh!

C - Be irritated, possibly mention it to a manager, but eat there anyway.

D - Boycott the store and let them know it.

DuckDuckGriz
September 9th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Oh my god it's on here too. Folks there is 4 pages of discussion on this over at BobcatNation........It's just a cup.

...........But damn this is hilarious.................

GannonFan
September 9th, 2005, 12:58 PM
So, a McDonalds is Bozeman starting putting Griz logos on all of their cups, and a schedule was also included on the cup.

Question to all rivalries out there - if this happened to you, how upset would you be?

Would you:

A - Think nothing of it and continue to eat horribly fatty food.

B - Think it was funny, have a laugh!

C - Be irritated, possibly mention it to a manager, but eat there anyway.

D - Boycott the store and let them know it.

All over D on that one - that's just insulting. Besides, there are other fast food places as well that probably realize Bozeman is not the proper territory for that kind of promotion.

catbob
September 9th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Oh my god it's on here too. Folks there is 4 pages of discussion on this over at BobcatNation........It's just a cup.

...........But damn this is hilarious.................

You didn't see me complain, did you Duck? I'm simply asking how other people would respond if this happened to them.

DuckDuckGriz
September 9th, 2005, 01:04 PM
You didn't see me complain, did you Duck? I'm simply asking how other people would respond if this happened to them.

No you did not complain. I will bow out of this conversation with the fact that yes I would be irritated that if the McDonalds in Missoula sold Cat cups or the McDonalds in Eugene sold Huskies or Beaver cups. But darn that Big N Tasty is dilicious on my salary ;)

ChickenMan
September 9th, 2005, 01:43 PM
http://www.mypage.tsn.cc/c_richardson/anti-mcdonalds.jpe

JALMOND
September 9th, 2005, 01:50 PM
E. eat at Taco Johns

Seriously, though, here in Portland we are still trying to let the general public know about the Big Sky. If the McDonalds here wants to put the Griz logo and schedule (or EWU's logo and schedule or Sac St's logo and schedule) I'd say it would pique more interest in the Big Sky and PSU. I understand the rivalry existing between the Cats and Griz, thus I can see why this is a big deal in Bozeman. Did the McDonalds in Missoula put Cat's logo and schedule on their cups?

Here, the Ducks and Beavers share almost everything, being that Eugene and Corvallis are only 40 miles apart (they even share the airport, although it is the Eugene airport). Maybe that is something Montana McDonalds should do. Maybe even include that pesky Carroll team.

ChiefGSU275
September 9th, 2005, 04:45 PM
D all the way.

catbob
September 9th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Update:

The cups have been taken off the shelves and being sent back. ;)

Cocky
September 9th, 2005, 06:22 PM
it would have been DDDDDDDDD

TulsaBobcat
September 9th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Answer D
I'm glad to see McD's did the right thing.

Why didn't they just start offering swift kicks to the nads of Cat fans with their Big Mac meal.

MR. CHICKEN
September 9th, 2005, 07:51 PM
LET US OBSERVE LADS...OVERAH 23K FANS EVERAH WEEK-END IN MISERYOULA.......GRIZ ON CUPS...=...23K CUPS SOLD...x...7 DAYS/WEEK/52 WEEKS/YEAR....BRAWK!.......MARKETIN' MAH BOYS.......SELLIN' OUT LAPPERS........MONTE SHAKES.....MONTE BURGERS.....MONTE FRIES.....MONTE HAPPY MEALS/WHIFF....LIL' TOY MONTES!.......MONTE MCMUFFINS..........MONTE..MONTE!....MONTE!!....... ......UH GOLDMINE OUT DERE IN DUH MONTANA HILLS!............ :nod:xlolx:nod:...............AWK!

ps.....HOW 'BOUT DIS IDEAH........UH FRIED CHICKEN FRANCHISE.....SELLIN'.....ELEVEN PIECE BUCKETS...WHIFF.....DUH YOU-DEE MUG-SHOT!...........BRAWK!...........YOU-DEE IN KEELER SHADES.....HAWKIN' EXTRA CRISPY.....CHICKEN TENDERS........DIPPIN' SAUCE....ETC??

catbob
September 9th, 2005, 08:02 PM
LET US OBSERVE LADS...OVERAH 23K FANS EVERAH WEEK-END IN MISERYOULA.......GRIZ ON CUPS...=...23K CUPS SOLD...x...7 DAYS/WEEK/52 WEEKS/YEAR....BRAWK!.......MARKETIN' MAH BOYS.......SELLIN' OUT LAPPERS........MONTE SHAKES.....MONTE BURGERS.....MONTE FRIES.....MONTE HAPPY MEALS/WHIFF....LIL' TOY MONTES!.......MONTE MCMUFFINS..........MONTE..MONTE!....MONTE!!....... ......UH GOLDMINE OUT DERE IN DUH MONTANA HILLS!............ :nod:xlolx:nod:...............AWK!

More like they were headed straight out of business. ;)

DuckDuckGriz
September 9th, 2005, 08:14 PM

ETC??

Hmm you may be right. Some other food stuff among the countless other crap is Griz Coffee and Bobby Hauck's Bear Tracks Ice Cream........

MR. CHICKEN
September 9th, 2005, 08:18 PM
WHAAAA!.....NO GRIZ.........BEAR JERKEY?.........:o.......SQWAK!

JALMOND
September 10th, 2005, 01:18 PM
SALES OF RIVAL'S CUPS CLOSES MCDONALDS

AP wire reports

BOZEMAN Mont.---A McDonalds here has been forced to close due to a boycott by patrons for selling soft drinks in their rival's colors. The cups, showing the University of Montana's colors and logo, as well as sporting the football schedule on them, created such an uproar in this town, home of Montana State University, that patrons started boycotting the store.

"We didn't think anything of them," store mananger Johnny "Big Mac" Brown said. "(The cups) just came in and we started using them. We didn't know what a big deal it was."

Obviously, it was. Tens of thousands of Bozeman residents (pop. 30,000) descended on the McDonalds, forcing police to close Main Street out of concern for the safety of the protesters.

"You wouldn't catch McDonalds trying to get away with this in Missoula", Bobcat booster Buck Hunter said, clad in blue and gold colors and an MSU hat, referring to the hometown of the hated Grizzlies. "We don't want any copper and silver in our town and those businesses that bring those in need to be done away with."

Brown is hoping for a compromise, however the store remained closed Friday.

A spokesman for McDonalds, Corp. refused comment on the situation.

JALMOND
September 10th, 2005, 01:20 PM
I'm sorry. I forgot to put a disclaimer saying that the AP report was bogus. Some fun that I had.