PDA

View Full Version : Does the SoCon champ deserve a top 4 seed?

GSU Eagle
November 6th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Being a GSU fan you might expect me to say that the SoCon champ deserves a #4 seed, but I doubt it this year. The autobid from this conference is probably going to either Elon or Ga. Southern. As much as I would like to make a case for GSU it is a very hard case to make. Elon also falls short in my opinion of a top 4 seed.

I know all the App. fans are clamoring for a top 4 seed but with 2 conference losses and probably App. not getting the autobid I can't see it.

The SoCon was as balanced this year as it ever has been but honestly there is no dominent team in the league this year.

The top 4 seeds have to include Northern Iowa, McNeese and Montana. The other one could come from the Gateway or the A-10.

BlueHen86
November 6th, 2007, 08:14 PM
If UNI, McNeese, Montana and Delaware win out I think they will be the seeds.
UNI and McNeese might even get a seed if they lose a game. If Delaware and maybe Montana lose then Southern Illinois might get a seed if they win out.

appstate38
November 6th, 2007, 09:22 PM
We probably don't deserve one, but I still wouldn't want to play one of the SoCon representatives.

Poly Pigskin
November 6th, 2007, 09:31 PM
UNI and McNeese might even get a seed if they lose a game. If Delaware and maybe Montana lose then Southern Illinois might get a seed if they win out.

If UNI loses to Indiana St or Southern Utah, I don't see how you can give them a seed. Not that they will, just saying...

Houndawg
November 6th, 2007, 09:45 PM

I think Montana will still get a seed if they lose one.

Houndawg
November 6th, 2007, 09:46 PM
If UNI loses to Indiana St or Southern Utah, I don't see how you can give them a seed. Not that they will, just saying...

I almost feel like SUU deserves to beat UNI just because they took on such a schedule.