Your team....we can't let the grizzlies have all the funxthumbsupx
I know, I know......xhomerx xhomerx

Have at it!

89Hen
November 6th, 2007, 02:59 PM
If defense wins championships, it would take a miracle. xcoffeex

Saluki_man
November 6th, 2007, 03:18 PM
For SIU to win it, they have to run, pass, and play solid defense.

joecooll6
November 6th, 2007, 03:20 PM
We have to play like we did in the Western Illinois game, no turnovers and solid D and offensive line play.

Mountain Panther
November 6th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Fantastic offensive playcalling.

ASUdrummer
November 6th, 2007, 03:21 PM
We would have to hold our opponents to under 30 points! xthumbsupx

McNeese72
November 6th, 2007, 03:22 PM
We can't win, our schedule is too weak. ;)

Doc

DuckDuckGriz
November 6th, 2007, 03:23 PM
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/4740/JohnMadden_Kambo_8640728_400.jpg

If if if if if you score more than your opponents every game --- then then you'll probably, you'll then you'll probably win it all.

DetroitFlyer
November 6th, 2007, 03:33 PM
For Dayton to win, we have to first receive an at large bid to the playoffs!!!!!xthumbsupx

Appaholic

ditto....:(

joecooll6
So..... you need a lot of teams to decline their invitations.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 6th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Containing Foster.

UMass922
November 6th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Few penalties, smart playcalling, good weather, and a whole lotta luck.

brownbear
November 6th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Changing the Ivy League rules and then making sure at least three or four teams from the Ivy League can get into the tournament.

If that happens in the next three weeks, I'll bet on Brown as national champions!

appfan2008
November 6th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Getting two games at home would be a great start followed by playing teams that like to throw the ball bc we can stop that... if we play a team that likes to run... ie gsu wc... then we will have trouble stopping them

Cocky
November 6th, 2007, 04:40 PM
I guess we would have to win out and change conferences.

skinny_uncle
November 6th, 2007, 05:12 PM
For SIU to win it, they have to run, pass, and play solid defense.
In other words, play like every quarter is the fourth quarter.

Mountaineer#96
November 6th, 2007, 07:43 PM
our defense not surrendering yards in large chunks on the ground, and Armanti playing like he did last week = 3 peat.

GaSouthern
November 6th, 2007, 07:53 PM
For GSU to win, three straight home games, and then NOT play ASU for the big one.

Then we have a chance.

Suggesting we have a chance as it is :(

GaSouthern
November 6th, 2007, 07:55 PM
...oh yeah, beat furman this weekend. :)

FCS Preview
November 6th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Re: What will it take for ______ to win the NC
Four straight wins, of course!

(sorry...couldn't resist...)

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 6th, 2007, 07:59 PM
First, win the final two games vs UMASS and UMAINE. Then find a def line that can plug up the LOS on run plays and get pressure on the QB on passes. Santos and Co. will take care of the rest...

igo4uni
November 6th, 2007, 08:09 PM

FCS preview...............have you posted on this site with another name???

Ud1Hens
November 6th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Delaware's Defense needs to provide some stops during the course of the game in order to give the ball back to our Offense, which can score on anyone.

FCS Preview
November 6th, 2007, 08:19 PM
FCS preview...............have you posted on this site with another name???

I may have had a iaa preview or some sort years ago, but never posted much. but am not trying to deceive anyone with multiple nicknames, if that's what you're asking.

AZGrizFan
November 6th, 2007, 08:20 PM

much the same thoughts I had about our offense, until the last 2-3 games... xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

appstate38
November 6th, 2007, 09:20 PM

I agree, plus get some of our guys who have been hurt up front back. If that doesn't do it then we will have to score 40+ to get an unprecedented 3 title.

pokum88
November 6th, 2007, 09:23 PM
3 games with the weather 95 degree's 90% humidity in THE HOLE. xmadx
And our opponent to forfiet the Championship. We can't beat anyone please give us the NC.

OhioHen
November 7th, 2007, 08:38 AM
For ______ to win the NC the following must occur: xtwocentsx

1) ______ must earn an AQ or receive an at-large invitation xprayx
2) ______ must win on either November 23 or 24 xreadx
3) ______ must win on December 1 xrulesx
4) ______ must win on either December 7 or 8 xscanx
5) ______ must win in Chattanooga on December 14 :) xnodx xhurrayx xsmileyclapx xbeerchugx xhypedx xprost2x

Fordham
November 7th, 2007, 09:07 AM
http://www.decision1.org/medialib/i/GodMan.jpg

appfan2008
November 7th, 2007, 09:22 AM
for us it would take 5 straight wins!:)

appstate38
November 7th, 2007, 09:29 AM
for us it would take 5 straight wins!:)

Far be it for me to question a fellow mountaineer, but we have 2 games remaining on the schedule and it would take 4 wins to get to another title from there so....... Where in the worldxoopsx did you get 5 wins from. Is there some hidden sarcasm that I just overlooked?xconfusedx

Help a brother out, will ya!

appstate38
November 7th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Far be it for me to question a fellow mountaineer, but we have 2 games remaining on the schedule and it would take 4 wins to get to another title from there so....... Where in the worldxoopsx did you get 5 wins from. Is there some hidden sarcasm that I just overlooked?xconfusedx

Help a brother out, will ya!

You know what.... nevermind, I got it! xreadx

RE/MAXGriz
November 7th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Montana needs a more killer mentality on offense - to put opponents away quickly. Also it would help if they defended the pass better, I like their RZ defense but giving up 400+ passing yards to EWU and PSU isn't a great stat.

Purple For Life
November 7th, 2007, 09:55 AM
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/4740/JohnMadden_Kambo_8640728_400.jpg

If if if if if you score more than your opponents every game --- then then you'll probably, you'll then you'll probably win it all.

5) ______ must win in Chattanooga on December 14 :) xnodx xhurrayx xsmileyclapx xbeerchugx xhypedx xprost2x

100% dead on, guys! xbowx xbowx xbowx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex

wapiti
November 7th, 2007, 10:27 AM

6)______ must have fans who talk the best smack on AGS. :D

JoltinJoe
November 7th, 2007, 08:11 PM
http://www.decision1.org/medialib/i/GodMan.jpg

But then again you would have said the same thing 10 weeks ago if you were asked what would it take for Fordham to make the playoffs.xwhistlex

ncman071
November 7th, 2007, 08:18 PM
App just needs to continue to pour it on offensively and hope that our D line heals and starts playing a little smarter and not out of position so much

stevdock
November 9th, 2007, 01:19 PM
For NDSU, just an invite would be enough

Grizzaholic
November 9th, 2007, 03:03 PM
For NDSU, just an invite would be enough

Next year and you might get one, provided you play your a$$es off like you did this year.

mvemjsunpx
November 9th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Montana needs a more killer mentality on offense - to put opponents away quickly. Also it would help if they defended the pass better, I like their RZ defense but giving up 400+ passing yards to EWU and PSU isn't a great stat.

Well, everybody gives up 400 passing yards to Portland, since they don't do anything but pass. But, you're right, Montana's lack of experienced corner depth could lead to trouble against good passing teams. Luckily, most of the playoff field will likely be filled with running teams, who the Griz tend to handle with ease in the playoffs.

I think Montana's offensive gameplans the last few weeks have been fine. They may seem to lack a "killer instinct", but they're also less risky. I guess it'd be nice to blow teams out early, but this team isn't really built for that & they're great at winning close or somewhat close games anyway. The Griz are mainly a grind-it-out running team with slower, stronger possession receivers catching a majority of the passes. In other words, they're built to chew up the clock and drive the field, not get big plays. Montana's offense would be more dynamic if they had an experienced big play threat at receiver, but they don't. If the Griz win the title, it's probably going to be the same way they've won most every other game this season, though you might see the usual playoff blowout over a frozen, unprepared southern team.

uofmman1122
November 9th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Montana's offense would be more dynamic if they had an experienced big play threat at receiver, but they don't.I REALLY miss Craig Chambers. xbawlingx
He helped our passing game in so many ways.

APPST '93
November 9th, 2007, 07:52 PM
No more than 1 turnover per game.

Unless our defense plans on showing up.xprayx