PDA

View Full Version : I'm ceasing all JMU Playoff talk immediately...

mcveyrl
November 6th, 2007, 01:31 PM
I was reading and posting on some other threads that were talking about playoff possibilities and who would have home games and such...

Then I got this eerie feeling. xeekx xeekx As of right now, I'm refusing to discuss whether JMU should be in the playoffs at 8-3, where we might go and who we might play. As it stands, we are 6-3 with two tough conference games ahead of us.

I fear that it may already be too late, but this is the best I can do.xoopsx xoopsx

Those that wish to make similar vows may do so here...

89Hen
November 6th, 2007, 01:33 PM
I vow to not mention JMU in playoff talk anymore too. xthumbsupx

mcveyrl
November 6th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I vow to not mention JMU in playoff talk anymore too. xthumbsupx

Smarta$$!!!xlolx xlolx

I meant vows about their own teams...you're probably safe.

ChickenMan
November 6th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Smarta$$!!!xlolx xlolx

I meant vows about their own teams...you're probably safe.

UD is NOT safe.. if they end the season with two loses (8-3) to Richmond and @ Nova.. they don't desreve a bid and probably won't get one.

mcveyrl
November 6th, 2007, 01:49 PM
UD is NOT safe.. if they end the season with two loses (8-3) to Richmond and @ Nova.. they don't desreve a bid and probably won't get one.

Fair enough...safer. You can split and almost be guaranteed a spot. We're in do or die mode.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2007, 01:55 PM

Personally I think UD would still deserve a spot even in the worst case scenario.

89Hen
November 6th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Personally I think UD would still deserve a spot even in the worst case scenario.
Not me. xsmhx Then again, I think 16 is almost too many for the playoffs and why I'm opposed to expansion... too many non-deserving teams in the show. I hate to see teams backing into a bid. (but if the Hens do, you bet your arse I'd be there to cheer them on xsmiley_wix ).

bandl
November 6th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I was reading and posting on some other threads that were talking about playoff possibilities and who would have home games and such...

Then I got this eerie feeling. xeekx xeekx As of right now, I'm refusing to discuss whether JMU should be in the playoffs at 8-3, where we might go and who we might play. As it stands, we are 6-3 with two tough conference games ahead of us.

I fear that it may already be too late, but this is the best I can do.xoopsx xoopsx

I'm with you mcveryl...it gives me the heebie jeebies to think about JMU and the playoffs. xsmhx Flash back to 2005!!! :o I don't have a good feeling about JMU's chances. xbawlingx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 6th, 2007, 02:58 PM

I'm in.
And for the record I stopped talking about "that thing" at about 3:15 on saturday.:(

BDKJMU
November 6th, 2007, 03:02 PM
I'm with you mcveryl...it gives me the heebie jeebies to think about JMU and the playoffs. xsmhx Flash back to 2005!!! :o I don't have a good feeling about JMU's chances. xbawlingx

05' a 7-4 record WITH a Div II AND no I-A on the schedule. ONLY 6 Div I wins. 8-3 on this seasons record is like night and day compared to 7-4 on 05' schedule. Heck 7-4 on 05' would be about equivalent to 6-5 on this seasons schedule.

IF JMU wins their last 2 I just don't see them at 8-3 with eight Div I wins, with a loss to an ACC school, by 1 point to a playoff team (UR), and by 3 points to a another playoff team/possible seed (UD) getting left out.

bandl
November 6th, 2007, 03:11 PM
05' a 7-4 record WITH a Div II AND no I-A on the schedule. ONLY 6 Div I wins. 8-3 on this seasons record is like night and day compared to 7-4 on 05' schedule. Heck 7-4 on 05' would be about equivalent to 6-5 on this seasons schedule.

IF JMU wins their last 2 I just don't see them at 8-3 with eight Div I wins, with a loss to an ACC school, by 1 point to a playoff team (UR), and by 3 points to a another playoff team/possible seed (UD) getting left out.

You people with all your technicalities and statistics...xrolleyesx

I'm talking about going into the latter part of the season with all these must-win games, and then still leaving it up in the air for the committee to determine our worthiness. An 8-3 record this season still doesn't guarantee a spot, no matter what we think. We could be that team to get 'woofed' this year. xnodx xsmhx

mcveyrl
November 6th, 2007, 03:34 PM

I'm talking about going into the latter part of the season with all these must-win games, and then still leaving it up in the air for the committee to determine our worthiness. An 8-3 record this season still doesn't guarantee a spot, no matter what we think. We could be that team to get 'woofed' this year. xnodx xsmhx

PLUS we're nowhere near guaranteed an 8-3 record. Like I said, we're 6-3 now and have to face two good passing attacks while depleted at DB...xeekx xeekx

UMass922
November 6th, 2007, 04:24 PM
This is starting to feel like 2005. I'm not keeping my hopes up.

BDKJMU
November 6th, 2007, 05:59 PM

JMU MOVED UP in the GPI after the loss to UD. Now tied for 10 with GSU.
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=88801
Win out and this is a very good sign - probably regardless of what else happens. The GPI is a lead indicator for at large inclusion. If JMU wins out, will probably finish in the top 8-9 and I couldn't see them being excluded. Has a top 8/9 GPI ever been excluded? I doubt it.