PDA

View Full Version : What will it take for Montana (the Grizzleys) to win the NC?

D1B
November 6th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I think a well-balanced offense and stout defense and good play calling by the coaches. I thing there's no doubt they're goin to win it all this year. Good luch Griz!xcoffeex

griz37
November 6th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I think a well-balanced offense and stout defense and good play calling by the coaches. I thing there's no doubt they're goin to win it all this year. Good luch Griz!xcoffeex

As long as we get a bye in the semis like we did in 2001, we will win it all.

putter
November 6th, 2007, 12:40 PM
The Griz have as good a chance as any. The Griz's mistakes accounted for 17 of PSU points on Saturday so if they can clean up some mistakes on offense they will be tough to beat. The D held PSU's offense scoreless in the 2nd half which is an accomplishment. Will be a tough road as I think this year there is more balance than ever, regardless if you are seeded or not.

USDFAN_55
November 6th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Oh man, I feel some smack coming on in here.xnodx

nevadagriz
November 6th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Who are the grizzleys??? What division do they play in?

AZGrizFan
November 6th, 2007, 12:47 PM

All we REALLY need is for D1B to stop jinxing us. xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx

Proud Griz Man
November 6th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Who are the grizzleys??? What division do they play in?

You know! The Grizzleys. They play up in Mizzoula. They will have to plays sum durned good futball to beet the little Purple Panthurs of Nerthern Iowar. I wunder how the corn harvest went?

xrotatehx

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 6th, 2007, 12:59 PM
wow that's a lot of posts before the backlash haha...how long before Ronin gets in here to start his "big fluffy sky" / "griz are over-rated" tirades...any bets?

Mountain Panther
November 6th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I wunder how the corn harvest went?

xrotatehx

Come see for yourself in December...but for that to happen MSU would have to stamp your ticket.

Proud Griz Man
November 6th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Come see for yourself in December...but for that to happen MSU would have to stamp your ticket.

Just like deeOnebouy said, we will need good luch to make it.

AZGrizFan
November 6th, 2007, 01:03 PM

As with the Panthers, our ticket done got punched already. xnodx xnodx xnodx

Griz0383
November 6th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Defense is amazing, special teams are even more amazing. It's up to the offense! If the O can play with consistancy we are tough to beat. The ? is can the ofense play with consistancy required for 4 games?

Thunderstruck84
November 6th, 2007, 01:24 PM
I think they'll have to win every game they play in the playoffs xsmiley_wix

AZGrizFan
November 6th, 2007, 01:26 PM
I think they'll have to win every game they play in the playoffs xsmiley_wix

Actually, being the Griz and all, we have already arranged a rematch in the unlikely event that we DO slip up and lose a game. xnodx

ASUG8
November 6th, 2007, 01:32 PM
To win the NC, they will have to beat a lot of teams better than them.

Sorry, you didn't post this in the smack forum, so I had to do it here. Best of luck!;)

ChickenMan
November 6th, 2007, 01:34 PM

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_wide/1480452.jpeg

Montana needs to avoid this place... they will be loaded up ready for bear or should I say GRIZ... ;)

appstate38
November 6th, 2007, 01:42 PM
For Montana to win the NC: Win 4 games!

Ud1Hens
November 6th, 2007, 01:52 PM
For Montana to win the NC they have to win their first 2 games at home then pray that there was an upset and they don't go on the road. haha, just kidding...

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Defense is amazing, special teams are even more amazing. It's up to the offense! If the O can play with consistancy we are tough to beat. The ? is can the ofense play with consistancy required for 4 games?

Agree with all this but to refine it just a little I think if the O-line can get just a little bit better with their mistakes and help out the third down conversions a little then many more points will be scored. And Cole is throwing behind the receivers a little bit still eliminating that would also help.

Proud Griz Man
November 6th, 2007, 02:08 PM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_wide/1480452.jpeg

Montana needs to avoid this place... they will be loaded up ready for bear or should I say GRIZ... ;)

Well, I think the Griz are 1-0 in that place, and D1B and his purple defense allowed two 100-yard rushers. xcoffeex

Grizzaholic
November 6th, 2007, 02:34 PM
So if we go to the National Championship does that help or hurt our SOS?

Ronin
November 6th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Well, I think the Griz are 1-0 in that place, and D1B and his purple defense allowed two 100-yard rushers. xcoffeex

Playoff wise, the only Montana team to play at UNI was Montana State in 2003 (UNI 35, Montana St. 14)

Of course you may have confused this with Iowa in 2006 (Iowa 41, Griz 7)

DuckDuckGriz
November 6th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Playoff wise, the only Montana team to play at UNI was Montana State in 2003 (UNI 35, Montana St. 14)

Of course you may have confused this with Iowa in 2006 (Iowa 41, Griz 7)

He's talking regular season there, scout.

GreatAppSt
November 6th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Beat Monty State???? Then stay at home.xnodx

DuckDuckGriz
November 6th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Beat Monty State???? Then stay at home.xnodx

I love tradition. xnodx

GreatAppSt
November 6th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I love tradition. xnodx

As reliable as Old Faithful. ;)

Grizzaholic
November 6th, 2007, 03:01 PM
As reliable as Old Faithful. ;)

Every year we hit up the playoffs for a spot.

wapiti
November 6th, 2007, 03:01 PM
To win all games in December and January. DUH!!!xwhistlex

GreatAppSt
November 6th, 2007, 03:03 PM

DUH January???xeyebrowx xwhistlex xwhistlex

DuckDuckGriz
November 6th, 2007, 03:04 PM

January? You think the Griz are so good that they'll go to the Fiesta Bowl?

I like where your head's at. xnodx

BigApp
November 6th, 2007, 03:05 PM

not happenin. Unless they buy out the Championship game from the fine folks in Chattanooga and move it to Missoula.

Grizzaholic
November 6th, 2007, 03:07 PM
not happenin. Unless they buy out the Championship game from the fine folks in Chattanooga and move it to Missoula.

Well if it is truely all about the money..... Then I know for a fact we can fill that baby up whether Montana is in the game or not.

MaroonMafia
November 6th, 2007, 03:08 PM

As I said in another thread, if Montana is as *****ty as you think they are, then beating them at their house should be no problem. You can beat your conference mates at their house, and they're all superior to any team from the Big Sky, so winning in Missoula shouldn't be a problem, right? No homefield advantage is worth that much...

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2007, 03:25 PM

WOW!

BigApp
November 6th, 2007, 03:44 PM
As I said in another thread, if Montana is as *****ty as you think they are, then beating them at their house should be no problem. You can beat your conference mates at their house, and they're all superior to any team from the Big Sky, so winning in Missoula shouldn't be a problem, right? No homefield advantage is worth that much...

well no...you see all we've reading for the last coupla years on here is that the reason you don't schedule (m)any non-conference road games is that it's soooooooooooo expensive for the Griz to travel anywhere.

So, due to reasons provided by Grizfans, I don't expect Montana to be in the NC unless they can buy the game and move it to Missoula. It'd be just too expensive for your guys to travel to Chattanooga.

McNeese75
November 6th, 2007, 03:51 PM
well no...you see all we've reading for the last coupla years on here is that the reason you don't schedule (m)any non-conference road games is that it's soooooooooooo expensive for the Griz to travel anywhere.

So, due to reasons provided by Grizfans, I don't expect Montana to be in the NC unless they can buy the game and move it to Missoula. It'd be just too expensive for your guys to travel to Chattanooga.

xlolx
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0PIdWdw15U (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0PIdWdw15U)

MaroonMafia
November 6th, 2007, 03:56 PM

Other than the fact that the NCAA pays for those expenses...xcoffeex

grizchamp
November 6th, 2007, 04:04 PM

Just to clarify, I dont think I have read much about it being insanely expensive for Montana to travel anywhere. (Yes I am sure some have said that, but I dont think that is the main arguement) I think the bigger issue is the amount of money Montana Loses out on when they leave Washington Grizzly Stadium. I would love for them to shedule up instead of down, but I also uinderstand why they dont. Hopefully with theri debt clearly paid off at this point Montana will begin to do so.

SeattleGriz
November 6th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Just to clarify, I dont think I have read much about it being insanely expensive for Montana to travel anywhere. (Yes I am sure some have said that, but I dont think that is the main arguement) I think the bigger issue is the amount of money Montana Loses out on when they leave Washington Grizzly Stadium. I would love for them to shedule up instead of down, but I also uinderstand why they dont. Hopefully with theri debt clearly paid off at this point Montana will begin to do so.

I am not sure, but have heard others from Montana complain that the University President treats the football program as a cash cow to pay for other programs since it usually makes money.

Grizzaholic
November 6th, 2007, 04:18 PM
And he gives himself a nice big bonus and a raise every year.

MaroonMafia
November 6th, 2007, 04:19 PM
And he gives himself a nice big bonus and a raise every year.

All hail King George! xbowx xoopsx xmadx

Grizzaholic
November 6th, 2007, 04:25 PM
All hail King George! xbowx xoopsx xmadx

He gets a big middle finger when ever I see him. I just cannot believe that guy.

MaroonMafia
November 6th, 2007, 04:27 PM
He gets a big middle finger when ever I see him. I just cannot believe that guy.

Too bad he isn't more like his brother Tim. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet (and biggest!!!).

D1B
November 6th, 2007, 04:31 PM
xpopcornx

Grizzaholic
November 6th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Too bad he isn't more like his brother Tim. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet (and biggest!!!).

Never met him. But I don't doubt it. It always seems that when you have two brothers one is always really nice and the other is a doofus.

D1B
November 6th, 2007, 05:08 PM
xwhistlex

Grizzaholic
November 6th, 2007, 05:11 PM
xwhistlex

Padding the post count are we?

BigApp
November 6th, 2007, 05:28 PM
xpopcornx

xlolx xthumbsupx xlolx

D1B
November 6th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Padding the post count are we?

xviolinx I'm Nero, responsible for the decline and fall of the Griz Empire.

Grizzaholic
November 6th, 2007, 05:45 PM
xviolinx I'm Nero, responsible for the decline and fall of the Griz Empire.

I always thought you were for the rise of the Griz empire. Always for the conquering of all FCS foe that gets in the Grizzlies way on their journey to a third NC?

SeattleGriz
November 6th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Never met him. But I don't doubt it. It always seems that when you have two brothers one is always really nice and the other is a doofus.

xwhistlex

Perfect timing!

D1B
November 6th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I always thought you were for the rise of the Griz empire. Always for the conquering of all FCS foe that gets in the Grizzlies way on their journey to a third NC?

I could be, but there will be a ransom. I'll be willing to release the Griz Nation from my devastating and powerful hex for $1,000,000 (in Susan B. Anthony coins please, the coke machine at the bus station alway's spits out my dollar bills) .... and a 12 pack of Moose's Drool. I also want a 23% managing ownership of the Glacier Brewing Co. in Polson.

There it is. Take it or face the consequences.

You have 24 hours starting...............now, and go.

D1B
November 6th, 2007, 06:01 PM
xmadx xpissedx xasswhipx
Perfect timing!

Grizzaholic
November 6th, 2007, 06:05 PM
I could be, but there will be a ransom. I'll be willing to release the Griz Nation from my devastating and powerful hex for $1,000,000 (in Susan B. Anthony coins please, the coke machine at the bus station alway's spits out my dollar bills) .... and a 12 pack of Moose's Drool. I also want a 23% managing ownership of the Glacier Brewing Co. in Polson.

There it is. Take it or face the consequences.

You have 24 hours starting...............now, and go.

I will play.

How about 2 Growlers of pennies, 2 Growlers of Bayern (your choice), 2 tickets to Wa-Griz in the playoffs?

D1B
November 6th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I will play.

How about 2 Growlers of pennies, 2 Growlers of Bayern (your choice), 2 tickets to Wa-Griz in the playoffs?

tick tock tick tock.......xwhistlex

JMUSaxMRD
November 6th, 2007, 06:18 PM
It will take San Diego making the finals.

AlphaSigMD
November 6th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Maybe a miracle?

D1B
November 6th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Maybe a miracle?

Side note: Do they still use leeches at the App State medical school?xconfusedx

BigApp
November 6th, 2007, 06:47 PM

http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-8831.gif

Hansel
November 6th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Actually, being the Griz and all, we have already arranged a rematch in the unlikely event that we DO slip up and lose a game. xnodx

Is Western State of Colorado in the FCS playoffs xconfusedx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Yes NDSU's got em in the first round at their place.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2007, 08:22 PM

I don't see San Diego making the finals unless they are in the same bracket as JMU, ASU, & UNI,that's the only way it would be possible for them and Montana to be in the final.

AZGrizFan
November 6th, 2007, 08:23 PM

Actually, given the way we "struggled" with Fort Lewis this year, we figured we'd better make it a sure thing to go 11-0 next year. xnodx xnodx xnodx

AlphaSigMD
November 6th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Side note: Do they still use leeches at the App State medical school?xconfusedx

No med school at App State........yet.

I'm in Jersey.

Yes. Leeches are still used, and FDA approved for several uses since 2004.
http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2004/504_leech.html

appstate38
November 6th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Griz Fans,

Since many on hear have been bagging your OOC schedule, do you guys feel like that will hurt you once we get to the big dance?

AZGrizFan
November 6th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Griz Fans,

Since many on hear have been bagging your OOC schedule, do you guys feel like that will hurt you once we get to the big dance?

Yes. But thanks for asking. xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

edit:

Pros: lots of playing time for backups = lots of depth in case of injury
not as much chance for injury to key players due to reduced playing time

Cons: inability of offense to develop a rhythm or consistency with spotty playing time
not blowing out opponents which equates to "weak" team to the uninformed

On second thought----that might be our biggest "pro" to the weak schedule....everyone think's the Griz will be a pushover.

SeattleGriz
November 6th, 2007, 09:44 PM

edit:

Cons: inability of offense to develop a rhythm or consistency with spotty playing time

On second thought----that might be our biggest "pro" to the weak schedule....everyone think's the Griz will be a pushover.

I know this has been discussed before, but I think one of the reasons Hauck is so big on rotating players is two fold:

1) To have a good backup if the starter goes down (obvious)
2) To give some of the starters a break since Montana has played a lot of extra games over the seasons. For example, look at App. Some of those guys have played 8 extra games in two years. That has to take a toll on a player.

Grizo406
November 6th, 2007, 09:56 PM
As long as the "Grizzleys" get game tapes from their next opponent, and none of our defensive players get a shot to their "DeCoite", that just might be all it will take...despite popular opinion.

01pantherfan
November 6th, 2007, 10:22 PM

You guys sure like to live in the past dont ya xsmiley_wix

Our D this year is a bit different........................

MSU can verify that one for you, kinda guessing they thought they would have more then 11 yards of offense in 23 plays in the second half last saturday

D1B
November 6th, 2007, 10:42 PM

PGM you will pay dearly for this.xflamemadx ;)

*Montana mother ****ers were huge! That's all I remember.xchinscratchx

Proud Griz Man
November 6th, 2007, 10:50 PM
PGM you will pay dearly for this.xflamemadx ;)

*Montana mother ****ers were huge! That's all I remember.xchinscratchx

xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx
Cheers to all you little Purple Panthers!! xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

D1B
November 6th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Cheers to all you little Purple Panthers!! xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Not any more. I saw them recently, they are ****ing huge and not fat, like we were.

I'm about 6'4" 275, fat, but can still move. I seriously thought I could still strap on a helmet and maybe play a down or two without getting killed. Not any more. Those kids would ****ing pound me into the ground and shred me like a Dick Cheney memo. Sux getting old.

DuckDuckGriz
November 6th, 2007, 11:50 PM
You guys sure like to live in the past dont ya xsmiley_wix

Our D this year is a bit different........................

MSU can verify that one for you, kinda guessing they thought they would have more then 11 yards of offense in 23 plays in the second half last saturday

How about your O? Last time we saw them we shut em out.

(sorry I had to do it, you are 01pantherfan after all, had to reference 01.

GolfingGriz
November 7th, 2007, 02:07 AM
As long as the "Grizzleys" get game tapes from their next opponent, and none of our defensive players get a shot to their "DeCoite", that just might be all it will take...despite popular opinion.

Best sign I saw at that game was "Hey UNI, we'll send you a tape from Chattanooga"xrotatehx xlolx xnodx

01pantherfan
November 7th, 2007, 07:06 AM
How about your O? Last time we saw them we shut em out.

(sorry I had to do it, you are 01pantherfan after all, had to reference 01.

The O line has been opening holes you could drive a truck through,

Here is the O Line starters on top with 2nd string below

Left Tackle
77 Chad Rinehart (6-5, 308, Sr.)
60 Jordan Limbaugh (6-3, 301, So.)

Left Guard
71 Bob Swift (6-6, 315, Jr.)
79 Jason Fiacco (6-2, 310, So.)

Center
62 Eric Hoffman (6-5, 301, Sr.)
74 Austin Steichen (6-3, 309, So.)

Right Guard
69 Barret Anderson (6-3, 315, Sr.)
73 Brett Bergman (6-3, 325, Jr.)

Right Tackle
54 Brandon Keith (6-6, 331, Sr.)
67 Adam Falk (6-4, 282, Sr.)

Purple For Life
November 7th, 2007, 09:58 AM

This post is made of WIN!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xbowx xbowx

AZGrizFan
November 7th, 2007, 10:20 AM
The O line has been opening holes you could drive a truck through,

Here is the O Line starters on top with 2nd string below

Left Tackle
77 Chad Rinehart (6-5, 308, Sr.)
60 Jordan Limbaugh (6-3, 301, So.)

Left Guard
71 Bob Swift (6-6, 315, Jr.)
79 Jason Fiacco (6-2, 310, So.)

Center
62 Eric Hoffman (6-5, 301, Sr.)
74 Austin Steichen (6-3, 309, So.)

Right Guard
69 Barret Anderson (6-3, 315, Sr.)
73 Brett Bergman (6-3, 325, Jr.)

Right Tackle
54 Brandon Keith (6-6, 331, Sr.)
67 Adam Falk (6-4, 282, Sr.)

You'd better hope that #60, #79, #74 and #73 are gettin' LOTS of playin' time this year. And (much like the Griz) you'd better hope you win it this year....lots of holes to fill next year! xeekx xeekx xeekx

THE HERD
November 7th, 2007, 10:27 AM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Purple For Life
November 7th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Oh, and I think it would take God him/herself to come down from the heavens and give Montana a little help. Yeah, I said it.

THE HERD
November 7th, 2007, 10:35 AM

edit:

The Griz definitely won't be a pushover, but you guys will have to play a hell of a lot better come playoffs. The Griz have been real close this year a number of times to losing to a marginal to *****ty opponent. I don't doubt the Griz have the ability to do so, but they better get their ***** together soon or it will one and out.xnodx

Grizzaholic
November 7th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Best sign I saw at that game was "Hey UNI, we'll send you a tape from Chattanooga"xrotatehx xlolx xnodx

This made me :) .