PDA

View Full Version : The FCS playoffs

Jacks76
November 6th, 2007, 10:35 AM
How many teams from each conference will make it to the playoffs this year? I have a prediction for the Big Sky below:

Montana (11-0)
NAU (7-4)

NAU gets in on the strength of their conference record (6-2), after a defeat of Eastern Washington next Saturday at home.

Paul

pantherfan
November 6th, 2007, 10:36 AM
How many teams from each conference will make it to the playoffs this year? I have a prediction for the Big Sky below:

Montana (11-0)
NAU (7-4)

NAU gets in on the strength of their conference record (6-2), after a defeat of Eastern Washington next Saturday at home.

Paul

Last year maybe. A LOT of things need to go NAU's way with teams losing over the next two weeks for that scenario to unfold.xcoffeex

WrenFGun
November 6th, 2007, 10:38 AM
NAU is done.

eagle1
November 6th, 2007, 10:47 AM
I wouldn't go rubber stamping a win over EWU just yet jack fan. The only way that the Big Sky will get two teams in is if EWU wins out. No 4 loss team is going to make it this year. The CAA and SoCon will have too many good teams with just three losses that will snatch up all the at large spots. Go Eagles!!!

Peems
November 6th, 2007, 10:49 AM

Montana (11-0)
NAU (7-4)

Paul

Doubtful for two reasons. One being I don't think you will beat Eastern. Two one of your losses was a beat down at the hands of Sac. St. Thirdly what makes you think one of us lowly Big Sky teams can get in over a 8-3 CAA team?

mcveyrl
November 6th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Doubtful for two reasons. One being I don't think you will beat Eastern. Two one of your losses was a beat down at the hands of Sac. St. Thirdly what makes you think one of us lowly Big Sky teams can get in over a 8-3 CAA team?

It's not that I don't think a lowly Big Sky team can't get in over an 8-3 CAA team, BUT I don't think a 7-4 Big Sky team gets in over an 8-3 CAA team (particularly with a loss to Sac. St.).

I do think that EWU gets in before a 5th (and maybe a 4th) CAA team.

putter
November 6th, 2007, 10:53 AM
IF NAU beats Eastern Washington do they even have 7 D1 wins?

Ud1Hens
November 6th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Can NAU even get to the required 7 D-I victories? They have a win over a D-II Western New Mexico. They are done...they have zero wins over playoffs teams as well, but that doesn't matter since they won't be eligible.

mcveyrl
November 6th, 2007, 10:58 AM
IF NAU beats Eastern Washington do they even have 7 D1 wins?

Ding, Ding, Ding! This man is the winner...

They would only have 6.

AZGrizFan
November 6th, 2007, 11:03 AM

Montana (11-0)
NAU (7-4)

Paul

Dude. NAU can NOT make the playoffs. Even if Montana loses to ISU AND MSU, they're still tied with NAU @ 6-2, and Montana holds the tiebreaker. NAU doesn't have 7 D-I victories. Your season is over. xpeacex

GaSouthern
November 6th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Dude. NAU can NOT make the playoffs. Even if Montana loses to ISU AND MSU, they're still tied with NAU @ 6-2, and Montana holds the tiebreaker. NAU doesn't have 7 D-I victories. Your season is over. xpeacex

SLAP! xeekx

Ronbo
November 6th, 2007, 11:08 AM
The reason MSU got in last season is because they finished very strong 6-1. And they had 7 Div. I wins. NAU falls short.

Ud1Hens
November 6th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Even if NAU had 7 D-1 victories what would you put on your resume for the selection committee? We lost to an FBS Arizona team, we lost to an undefeated Montana team, we lost to the then #1 App. St. team? Or that your wins have come against only 1 team with a winning record (that's saying you would have beaten E. Wash.). That doesn't include the D-II team...or the 29 point loss to a 1-8 Sac. St. team.

URMite
November 6th, 2007, 11:19 AM

Shush! I know it's true but don't let NAU figure it out until after they play EWU. You wouldn't want a let down, would you?xsmiley_wix