September 8th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Western up 7-0 halfway through 1Q

peace

igo4uni

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 07:29 PM
7:12 to go 1Q

7-0 Western

Western picks off a pass and has it deep in UNC territory.

peace

igo4uni

ISUMatt
September 8th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Western Illinois 14
Northern Colorado 0
-1st quarter 5:27 remaining

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Western scores.

14-0, Western

peace

igo4uni

DaBears
September 8th, 2005, 07:37 PM
UNC is looking bad. This could be a blowout.

TxSt02
September 8th, 2005, 07:38 PM
I love I-AA broadcast!!! Kinda like looking at Polaroids... you have to love that distinct beauty!

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 07:40 PM
I love I-AA broadcast!!! Kinda like looking at Polaroids... you have to love that distinct beauty!

It's fun to listen to the different radio play-by-play and cololr guys. Even the local commercials are kind of fun to listen to. I am learning all about the businesses in Macomb. :)

peace

igo4uni

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Arby's is coming to Macomb!!!!

peace

igo4uni

youwouldno
September 8th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Well, looks like I bet on the right team!

But, importantly for everyone else in I-AA, maybe Western Illinois is on the rise again?

ISUMatt
September 8th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Western Illinois 21
Northern Colorado 0
-1st quarter 2:24 remaining

Hansel
September 8th, 2005, 07:46 PM
wow, listnin' to it on the radio, UNC's D seems realllllyyyyy bad

Ronbo
September 8th, 2005, 07:48 PM
We don't claim these losers. The Great West can have them. No, no not another Sac. State.

DaBears
September 8th, 2005, 07:48 PM
But, importantly for everyone else in I-AA, maybe Western Illinois is on the rise again?

I wouldn't bet on it based on this game. UNC's defense got run over almost this bad by D-II Colorado Mines it just so happened that UNC's offense was able to score more.

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 07:57 PM
UNC scores

21-7

peace

igo4uni

DaBears
September 8th, 2005, 08:03 PM
28-7 off of a huge run. Ouch.

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Glasford runs 63 yds. and scores.

28-7, Western

peace

igo4uni

TxSt02
September 8th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Bad D and even worse passes...

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 08:18 PM
UNC scores!!

28-14, Western

8:50 left in 2nd Q

peace

igo4uni

TxSt02
September 8th, 2005, 08:23 PM
dumbass mistake

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 08:44 PM
28-14 Western at halftime.

peace

igo4uni

youwouldno
September 8th, 2005, 09:17 PM
UNC charging, still 28-14 but they're about to score. WIU is really not doing well in pass protection and their offense has not scored since their fourth possession.

update: have to settle for field goal

28-17

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 09:19 PM
9:59 to go 3Q

UNC gets a FG

peace

igo4uni

eaglesrthe1
September 8th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Damn...it all of a sudden got quiet in here.

swaghook
September 8th, 2005, 09:50 PM
UNC scored another FG

DaBears
September 8th, 2005, 09:52 PM
28-20. UNC is now acting like they wanna play ball.

DaBears
September 8th, 2005, 09:56 PM
UNC picked off a pass!

youwouldno
September 8th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Amazingly how WIU's offense fell apart. LaFalce went out of the game with cramps but still.

I'm not surprised UNC's offense has put up some points, but I am surprised at their defense stepping up to the degree they have.

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 10:03 PM
this game is closer than I thought it would be, especially considering the fast start that Western enjoyed.

peace

igo4uni

DaBears
September 8th, 2005, 10:03 PM
those refs are killing me. they are doing all they can to keep UNC from winning. They have missed at least two huge calls-- one late hit and one pass interference

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Fumble!!!!!!!!!!!11

UNC gets it!!

peace

igo4uni

purduecrum
September 8th, 2005, 10:06 PM
I think it was turnovers that hurt WIU so much last year... Doesn't seem like much changed during the offseason. :mad:

DaBears
September 8th, 2005, 10:09 PM
UNC gets a 49 yard run down to the 10.

poharry
Well, looks like I bet on the right team!

Not on the rise by a long shot IMO. For some reason the fire has seemed to leave this program. I don't know if Patterson has worn out his welcome but the team just doesn't seem to respond to him anymore IMO.

AS spectacular as Glasford can be he puts the ball on the ground far too much. 170 some yds but loses two fumbles inside the Bears 30, inexcusable :bang:

swaghook
Just can't get a TD

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 10:10 PM
UNC gets a FG

with 7:26 to go in the 4th

peace

igo4uni

TxSt02
September 8th, 2005, 10:10 PM
We have a game!

DaBears
September 8th, 2005, 10:11 PM
another frickin field goal. come on! :mad:

purduecrum
September 8th, 2005, 10:12 PM
UNC gets a 49 yard run down to the 10.

Why does UNC go away from the run once they get the ball in the red zone?

On another note... I can't wait to visit the new Farm King location the next time I'm back in Macomb.

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 10:13 PM
another frickin field goal. come on! :mad:

Seems to me that your team is playing pretty good on the road!!

They might even win!!!

peace

igo4uni

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 10:14 PM
On another note... I can't wait to visit the new Farm King location the next time I'm back in Macomb.

Don't forget the new Arby's!!!!!!!!!!

peace

igo4uni

poharry
September 8th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Patterson taking Glasford out, good move by him.

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Western threatening.

peace

igo4uni

poharry
September 8th, 2005, 10:20 PM
way to eat up the clock and more importantly holding on to the ball. douglas averaging over 6 yds a carry on the drive.

Lumberjacks76
September 8th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Northern Colorado has done a tremendous job to get back in this ball game.

Paul
:eek:

poharry
September 8th, 2005, 10:24 PM
wtf is Patterson thinking putting Glasford back in? Does he want him to fumble again? Damn this dude Douglas has only taken them down the field.

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 10:26 PM
WIU tries a FG and he misses!!!!!!!!!

28-23 Western

peace

igo4uni

poharry
September 8th, 2005, 10:26 PM
:bang: Where's Langan when you need him?

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Here comes UNC.........good game!!

peace

igo4uni

poharry
September 8th, 2005, 10:28 PM
I sense the Necks are in prevent, as in preventing a win.

DaBears
September 8th, 2005, 10:33 PM
4th and 8 and UNC gets the first down!

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 10:33 PM
1:26 to go

UNC threatening

peace

igo4uni

poharry
September 8th, 2005, 10:36 PM
'Necks gonna pull it out, lucky.

This is a sign of things to come, a rough year for the Necks.

swaghook
September 8th, 2005, 10:37 PM
stupid play call should have used wilson to run it

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 10:37 PM
WIU gets an Int. game over. lucky WIU.

peace

igo4uni

Ronbo
September 8th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Well UNC certainly turned it around in the game. I wonder how good WIU is? We'll know in a few more games. Good comeback Bears. :)

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Well UNC certainly turned it around in the game. I wonder how good WIU is? We'll know in a few more games. Good comeback Bears. :)

Good question.

We will see when UNI plays WIU. :D :rolleyes:

peace

igo4uni

purduecrum
September 8th, 2005, 10:39 PM
WIU gets an Int. game over. lucky WIU.

Again, I ask... Why do you throw on first down in the Red Zone? UNC seemed to have success on the ground... Battle of some inept coaching tonight.

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 10:40 PM
WIU wins..............good game.

peace

igo4uni

youwouldno
September 8th, 2005, 10:54 PM
WIU was so good a couple years ago... clearly they have not recovered that level of play, or anything too close if this game is any indication. Up 21-0 and almost losing... not impressive. Some questionable calls and ineffectiveness from Dulce.

Hager seemed good for UNC, but it might be useful to see him against a better defense before rendering judgement. He could use better wide outs.

DaBears
September 9th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Again, I ask... Why do you throw on first down in the Red Zone? UNC seemed to have success on the ground... Battle of some inept coaching tonight.

I bet you that UNC has thrown more picks in the endzone than any college football team in the history of football. And I bet that UNC has the worst TD percentage when in the red zone. We always have the talent to be competitive but the coaching is very suspect very often. I think our coach forgot to take his geritol. This is the same way that UNC lost most of its games last year. The games were usually very close and lost by some bonehead coaching decision. :bang:

DaBears
September 9th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Hager seemed good for UNC, but it might be useful to see him against a better defense before rendering judgement. He could use better wide outs.

Our wideouts seemed pretty impressive vs. D-II Colorado Mines. :cool: However, tonight they couldn't catch a cold.

Reed Rothchild
September 9th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Watched this game closely. Losing Lafalce seemed to take the wind out of WIU. TGlass had a good game but fumbled... heck, WIU was a turnover machine tonight. Doughty looked good after the game hit the second quarter. A win is a win and it was an exciting game.

Seems like the same problem is hitting WIU this season... turnovers.

Eagle_77
September 9th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Watched this game. Thought WIU was gonna run away with it. UNC showed heart with getting back into the game. Both teams had to many turn overs to have a great season. Both teams could be pretty good if they can hold onto the ball.

NoCoDanny
September 9th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Disappointing loss. We could of really used a win like this after last season’s disaster. UNC needs to learn how to win, WIU tried their best to hand us that game.

If WIU’s QB had not gone out I think they would of blown us out. However, taking nothing away from UNC’s resilience, we fought hard to get back into the game. Unfortunately, when you settle for field goals in the red zone you invariably lose. Field goals lose games.

The crack about us not being Big Sky caliber or whatever, fine, I can understand how you might say that but please remember we are at 50 scholarships and still have this year and next in transition.

At least let us get to 63 scholarships for a couple years and be play off eligible so we can recruit on a level playing field with the other Big Sky schools before you call us terrible.

I’m not making excuses, but I think until we have fully transitioned to I-AA it’s to early to say we suck.

putter
September 9th, 2005, 09:59 AM
UNC hung in there so I give them credit as they could have rolled over. Both teams turned the ball over too much but it is still early in the season. Was impressed by UNC's running game and couldn't figure out why they passed so much at the 10. Fun game though.

ncbears
September 9th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Was impressed by UNC's running game and couldn't figure out why they passed so much at the 10. Fun game though.

I agree and don't understand why we didn't run the ball, when Andre was really starting to get going in the second half. This is a very frustrating loss. I am still pissed that the coach at W. Illinois didn't exchange tapes. You can tell we were unprepared in the first half and it's hard to adjust to that when you have such a short week and no preperation.

Ronbo
September 9th, 2005, 10:23 AM
No tape exchange? Hmmm..... there seems to be a pattern of this from the Gateway Conference. :confused:

poharry
September 9th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Could be Patterson knew he needed this game in a big way and didn't want to give UNC any info that may get in the way of Patterson getting the win.

Not saying it is right at all but wouldn't put it past Patterson if he thought that way.

I may be in the minority when it comes to Coach P, but he needs to put good season in or he may be gone.

purduecrum
September 9th, 2005, 01:10 PM
I am still pissed that the coach at W. Illinois didn't exchange tapes. You can tell we were unprepared in the first half and it's hard to adjust to that when you have such a short week and no preperation.

Not sure what is up with that. Patterson has been around a while, none of his playbook should be all that unique. I heard something about a 3-3 defense, not sure how that works either, but it can't be rocket science. If Patterson was that much of a football guru then why did seemingly all of the other Hayden Fry assistants go on to bigger and better things? Do you ever hear Patterson's name in job talks?

I think that WIU offense can't be run by their second string QB and a fumbling RB.

poharry
September 9th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Not sure what is up with that. Patterson has been around a while, none of his playbook should be all that unique. I heard something about a 3-3 defense, not sure how that works either, but it can't be rocket science. If Patterson was that much of a football guru then why did seemingly all of the other Hayden Fry assistants go on to bigger and better things? Do you ever hear Patterson's name in job talks?

I think that WIU offense can't be run by their second string QB and a fumbling RB.

No, and Patterson was also passed over by his alma mater a few years back (Baylor). I knew someone in the athletic office Patterson's first year and she reported that he had a hard time adjusting to Western and Macomb after coming from Iowa. Lets just say the budget and perks weren't quite what he was accustomed to.

siugrad99
September 9th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Can't wait to put the hurtin on WIU on the road. Glasford is the most overrated back in 1AA. SIU complete shut him down last year and I don't see why this season will be any different. I would venture to bet a majority of his inflated #'s last season came against division 2 teams or bottom dwellers in the Gateway.

PCOBRA
September 10th, 2005, 05:33 PM
If WIU would have had a running back that didn't fumble they would have had the NC two years ago! That guy is bad news.....fumble....fumble...fumble!!!! When he is gone Patterson will put a good team together again. I got a kick from the CSTV announcer wondering why Patterson took Glasford out....after all he is a "payton watch cnaditate"....?.....freakin clueless...I wanted to Bslap them about that time...... :bang: