PDA

View Full Version : National Player of the Week Honors Announced <---CSN

CSN-info
November 5th, 2007, 04:46 PM
National Player of the Week Honors Announced
College Sporting News

Georgia Southern University quarterback Jayson Foster, Northeastern University runningback Maurice Murray, Fordham University linebacker James Crockett, and Northern Arizona University defensive back Cyrus Igono are the recipients of the College Sporting News national Football Championship Subdivision honors for the week ending November 4, 2007.

READ MORE... http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=88789

NDSUFREAK
November 5th, 2007, 05:23 PM
257 yards in 20 carries and four TDs for Tyler Roehl....come on

UNHWildCats
November 5th, 2007, 05:28 PM
UMMM WOW I must agree thats pretty damn impressive....

Seven Would Be Nice
November 5th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Jayson Foster, Georgia Southern, QB, 5-9, 164, Sr., Canton, GA

In a must-win game for Georgia Southern over league-leading Wofford, Foster’s record-setting day was the key in the Eagles’ 38-35 victory to move into a first place tie in the SoCon title race. The Canton, GA native set the tone on the second play from scrimmage to bolt through the line and score a quick 82 yard touchdown run. But his most important yardage were the last six yards he gained on 3rd-and-5 and 4th-and-1 late in the game which allowed the Eagles to get the key first down to run out the clock on the Terriers. On the day, the two-time winner of the College Sporting News Player of the Week honors would score three rushing touchdowns while gaining 279 yards rushing on 28 carries (beating the team record he set earlier this year for rushing yards by a quarterback) to go with a seven of 13 passing day for 57 passing yards and returning one punt for 14 yards.

232 of Foster's 279 yards came in the first half. xeekx xeekx xeekx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

ab4app
November 5th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Armanti recieved national recognition as well for his 291 rushing yards 2 rushing tdsxeekx and passed for 148 and two tdsxnodx , sorry, i know its homerishxlolx , just couldnt leave it out xlolx

ab4app
November 5th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Armanti recieved national recognition as well for his 291 rushing yards 2 rushing tdsxeekx and passed for 148 and two tdsxnodx , sorry, i know its homerishxlolx , just couldnt leave it out xlolx

and yes i like to use those animations a little too much xrotatehx

ElonPride
November 5th, 2007, 06:18 PM

Okay, here's my homer......Scott Riddle, 534 passing yards 3 tds passings and 3 tds rushing!!!!!!!

Granted, it was in a losing effort, but 534 yards passing by a TRUE freshman!!!

Also, another homer, Terrell Hudgins 207 receiving yards and 3 TDS.

Geez.....okay then xsmiley_wix

Seven Would Be Nice
November 5th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Okay, here's my homer......Scott Riddle, 534 passing yards 3 tds passings and 3 tds rushing!!!!!!!

Granted, it was in a losing effort, but 534 yards passing by a TRUE freshman!!!

Also, another homer, Terrell Hudgins 207 receiving yards and 3 TDS.

Geez.....okay then xsmiley_wix

Wow, he passed for more in one game than y'all have rushed for all season! xrotatehx

appfan2008
November 5th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Obviously quarterbacks all over the socon are absolutely going crazy

Gil Dobie
November 5th, 2007, 07:25 PM

And he sat the last 10 minutes when the game was in hand.
Thats on only 20 of the 43 carries by Bison Backs.
Pat Paschall added another 105 on 10 carries.

ElonPride
November 6th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Wow, he passed for more in one game than y'all have rushed for all season! xrotatehx

HAHAH!!!!

We did just get our starting RB back 2 games ago.........but Elon broke away from the bone and is now pass happy xsmiley_wix

Thunderstruck84
November 6th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Last two games for Tyler Roehl: 42 carries for 520 yards and 5 tds. And I did not mistype that.xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

gsugt1
November 6th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Last two games for Tyler Roehl: 42 carries for 520 yards and 5 tds. And I did not mistype that.xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Wow !! But he didn't score 6 td's in one game did he like Jayson Foster earlier this year. :D xnodx :)

Thunderstruck84
November 6th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Wow !! But he didn't score 6 td's in one game did he like Jayson Foster earlier this year. :D xnodx :)
Very true, Foster is a stud! Comparing him and Roehl is like comparing a Lamborghini to a Ferrari.

Black Saturday
November 6th, 2007, 12:28 PM

But you forgot to say what teams NDSU was playing.

Bison05
November 6th, 2007, 12:32 PM

Illinois State and Big Ten Minnesota xnodx xthumbsupx

Thunderstruck84
November 6th, 2007, 01:42 PM
500+ yards while averaging over 12 ypc over a 2 game stretch is impressive against any 2 D1 teams (ok, maybe almost any with a few exceptions) but it is impressive against an Gateway team and a Big 10 team even if Illinois St is average and Minnesota is terrible.

AppStateSVX
November 6th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Foster isn't a QB!!!!!! he runs too much!!!!

oh wait..........;)

Seriously though, Foster scares the daylights out of me

CamelCityAppFan
November 6th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Foster isn't a QB!!!!!! he runs too much!!!!

I know you were joking, but there's really a lot of truth to that. He's almost like a running back who gets a direct snap each play, who occasionally throws on the run!

Seven Would Be Nice
November 6th, 2007, 03:54 PM
I know you were joking, but there's really a lot of truth to that. He's almost like a running back who gets a direct snap each play, who occasionally throws on the run!

He and Armanti aren't that different. He throws the ball more than Foster, but still same concept of a mobile QB.