PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Citadel football fans

WVAPPmountaineer
November 5th, 2007, 01:54 PM
1. Do all active students (cadets) have to dress in their uniforms for football games? 2. Do they all have to march in during pre-game? 3. What is with the raffle for puppies at halftime? How do they know they aren't giving one to a Michael Vick type?

citdog
November 5th, 2007, 01:57 PM
1. Do all active students (cadets) have to dress in their uniforms for football games? 2. Do they all have to march in during pre-game? 3. What is with the raffle for puppies at halftime? How do they know they aren't giving one to a Michael Vick type?

#1 IT'S THE CITADEL.

YES THE ENTIRE SOUTH CAROLINA CORPS OF CADETS WEAR THEIR UNIFORMS AT ALL TIMES UNLESS ON FURLOUGH.

YES, THE ENTIRE CORPS MARCHES OVER TO THE GAMES.

THOSE ARE SPIKES PUPPIES.

CID1990
November 5th, 2007, 02:03 PM
3. We're not worried about it, because the thug Michael Vick types are not associated with The Citadel.

WVAPPmountaineer
November 5th, 2007, 02:12 PM
3. We're not worried about it, because the thug Michael Vick types are not associated with The Citadel.

Really, I'm asking a serious question - not everyone would make a good home for a dog - how can they just give puppies to a name they draw out of a barrel?

citdog
November 5th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Really, I'm asking a serious question - not everyone would make a good home for a dog - how can they just give puppies to a name they draw out of a barrel?

THERE IS A SCREENING PROCESS THAT THE WINNERS MUST PASS. I COME TO THEIR HOUSE AND SEE HOW IT'S SET UP AND IF THEY HAVE A GOOD LOOKING DAUGHTER.

CID1990
November 5th, 2007, 02:19 PM

Oh Jeezus. Allright Mr. PETA... there are too many abused sheep in Boone for you to be worrying about OUR BULLDOGS!

brownbear
November 5th, 2007, 02:26 PM
http://www.citadelsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1287467&db_oem_id=9700

Bulldogs’ Bulldog Pups Raffle Information

https://admin.xosn.com/pics8/200/NO/NOZUXRJWYUXVOCI.20070907012220.jpg

We recently reported that General, the college’s live bulldog mascot, became a father of five puppies. Of the five, three survived, and with the blessing of General and Lola’s caretakers Assistant Athletics Director/Facilities Mike Groshon ’76 and Michael LeBel 75, respectively the three pups will be raffled off.

The Citadel’s intercollegiate athletic teams are selling the $10 raffle tickets and each purchased raffle ticket counts as three chances to win. Drawing for the pups will be at the Homecoming football game on Nov. 3 (you need not be present to win). Tickets will also be on sale in the Athletic Ticket Office in McAlister Field House.

Proceeds from the raffle go to The Citadel Brigadier Foundation in addition to the operation budgets of the various teams selling the tickets. For additional information, please contact the Athletic Ticket Office at 843/953-7181.

NOTE: The Citadel reserves the right, without incurring liability of any kind, to refuse delivery of a dog when, in the sole, reasonable judgment of The Citadel, the potential recipient is deemed to be not fully reliable or otherwise deemed to be unsuitable. In such an event, The Citadel will substitute a prize of equal or greater value.

CID1990
November 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM
In other words, we won't give our pups to UGA fans.

brownbear
November 5th, 2007, 02:34 PM
How much is equal or greater value?

AZGrizFan
November 5th, 2007, 02:35 PM

A one-way ticket to Bagdad. xeyebrowx

citdog
November 5th, 2007, 02:40 PM
A one-way ticket to Bagdad. xeyebrowx

ONLY IF CAP'N CAT WINS

ButlerGSU
November 5th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Pups would look cute wearing a GSU doggy shirt...

Hey Citdog, what's the deal with the civilian programs Citadel now offers? I hear you can play there without actually being in the corps now.

citdog
November 5th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Pups WOULD WIPE THEIR ASSES WITH A GSU DOGGY SHIRT

Hey Citdog, what's the deal with the civilian programs Citadel now offers? I hear you can play there without actually being in the corps now.

NO YOU CANNOT, ONLY ONE YEAR IF YOU TRANSFER IN AFTER YOU HAVE GRADUATED FROM ANOTHER SCHOOL AND ENROLL IN THE GRADUATE SCHOOL. BUT AS THE NCAA HAS CHANGED THAT RULE NO MORE

Appaholic
November 5th, 2007, 03:08 PM
NO YOU CANNOT, ONLY ONE YEAR IF YOU TRANSFER IN AFTER YOU HAVE GRADUATED FROM ANOTHER SCHOOL AND ENROLL IN THE GRADUATE SCHOOL. BUT AS THE NCAA HAS CHANGED THAT RULE NO MORE

So basically, Citadel is like any other all girl school sanctioned by the NCAA....xeyebrowx

citdog
November 5th, 2007, 03:09 PM
So basically, Citadel is like any other all girl school sanctioned by the NCAA....xeyebrowx

DON'T MAKE ME START 7-11ING YOU JOHN

Appaholic
November 5th, 2007, 03:13 PM
DON'T MAKE ME START 7-11ING YOU JOHN

Hey....we ain't the one's that started bringing sheep into the discussion.....my WVAPP buddy was asking a legit question.....

AppGirl
November 5th, 2007, 03:13 PM

We were asked to buy raffle tickets while tailgating. When we said we really didn't see trying to get a puppy that day, being from out of state and all, they said that there was an immediate buy back available for $2000.xrulesx

Appaholic
November 5th, 2007, 03:15 PM
We were asked to buy raffle tickets while tailgating. When we said we really didn't see trying to get a puppy that day, being from out of state and all, they said that there was an immediate buy back available for $2000.xrulesx

Why buy a Citadel pup for $2000 when you can buy a citadel grad for $20? xconfusedx

citdog
November 5th, 2007, 03:16 PM

DID YOU FORK OVER THE 10 BUCKS?

brownbear
November 5th, 2007, 03:19 PM

The Citadel could make a business out of this. Start breeding royal puppies, and they'd make a ton of money off puppy raffles.

AppGirl
November 5th, 2007, 03:19 PM
DID YOU FORK OVER THE 10 BUCKS?

Stop shouting, and ask nicely and I'll answer you. A true southern gentleman would never shout at a lady like me. xnonox

WVAPPmountaineer
November 5th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Oh Jeezus. Allright Mr. PETA... there are too many abused sheep in Boone for you to be worrying about OUR BULLDOGS!

I guess it was too much to ask a civil question and get a civil answer??? - I should have remembered this was the school that set female cadets on FIRE - who cares about a dog!!!

Biff
November 6th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I guess it was too much to ask a civil question and get a civil answer??? - I should have remembered this was the school that set female cadets on FIRE - who cares about a dog!!!

Don't make assumptions that some liberal media idiot wrote in a paper. Those females set themselves on fire by accident and blamed it on cadets.