PDA

View Full Version : Craig Haley's Top 10 FCS 2023

SU DOG
January 13th, 2023, 04:57 PM
I don't like it nearly as much as FUBeAR probably will:

https://theanalyst.com/na/2023/01/fcs-football-never-too-early-top-10-and-sneak-peek-to-the-2023-season/

FUBeAR
January 13th, 2023, 05:12 PM

https://theanalyst.com/na/2023/01/fcs-football-never-too-early-top-10-and-sneak-peek-to-the-2023-season/
Not bad. Furman should be #3 though - ahead of W&M, HC, and, yes, SportsFans, ahead of NDSU.

dewey
January 13th, 2023, 05:58 PM
Wow. The Montana State road schedule looks brutal.

The road portion of the schedule is brutal: South Dakota State, Weber State, Idaho, Sacramento State and Montana.

Dewey

caribbeanhen
January 13th, 2023, 06:16 PM

SeMo # 10? not happening, but Craig is just trying to hit on a HR with that pick

UNHWildcat18
January 14th, 2023, 05:33 AM
UNH #8 I’ll take it!

NY Crusader 2010
January 14th, 2023, 10:58 AM
I'm very bullish on W&M, Furman and UNH next year.

UNH gets a very favorable CAA schedule again. Tough road game early @ Delaware on 9/23. No W&M, no Elon and no Richmond. And they get Villanova and arch-rival Maine at home. I think the Central Michigan and Delaware games will tell us a lot about whether or not the Wildcats are made for the national FCS stage in 2023.

Would love to see Touchdown Tommy and MSU make another run to Frisco. As others pointed out, tough road slate. If they can string together enough wins to grab a seed, they have a chance.

What Valley teams do people anticipate coming on strong next year? I see at least one team getting into the Top 10 outside of XDSU.

SDSU Question: Do the Janke twins and Isiah Davis have nine years of eligibility? I saw TE Tucker Kraft is heading to the draft as #2 overall prospect at the position. I thought Davis was going too as a Top 30 RB prospect for 2023.

atthewbon
January 14th, 2023, 01:24 PM
From what little I know I think the only starter SDSU is 100% losing on offense is Tucker Kraft. IDK if TE Zach Heinz has announced anything yet. I think Davis might have two years of eligibility left (with the covid year) though I'm not sure about all of this stuff.

grizband
January 14th, 2023, 02:31 PM
Wow. The Montana State road schedule looks brutal.

The road portion of the schedule is brutal: South Dakota State, Weber State, Idaho, Sacramento State and Montana.

Dewey
I thought Montana's conference road schedule in 2022 was tough: Idaho State, Sacramento State, Weber State, Montana State. Every team Montana State plays on the road next year has the potential to be a top 10 team at the end of the season.

KPSUL
January 14th, 2023, 03:14 PM

UNH gets a very favorable CAA schedule again. Tough road game early @ Delaware on 9/23. No W&M, no Elon and no Richmond. And they get Villanova and arch-rival Maine at home. I think the Central Michigan and Delaware games will tell us a lot about whether or not the Wildcats are made for the national FCS stage in 2023.

Hard to say at this point which team(s) have a favorable CAA schedule. To some extent, every team in the CAA is likely to have a more favorable schedule, due to the expansion to 15 teams. We don't play two of the playoff teams we played last year; however, both Richmond and Elon have some big holes to fill and I wouldn't assume they will still be among the top conference teams. We also don't play Hampton, or either of the new NC teams - I doubt either team will have a .500 conference record. Three teams we do play, Villanova, Towson and Albany seem as though they will be more competitive in 2023.

Born a Rabbit
January 14th, 2023, 04:07 PM

Would love to see Touchdown Tommy and MSU make another run to Frisco. As others pointed out, tough road slate. If they can string together enough wins to grab a seed, they have a chance.

What Valley teams do people anticipate coming on strong next year? I see at least one team getting into the Top 10 outside of XDSU.

SDSU Question: Do the Janke twins and Isiah Davis have nine years of eligibility? I saw TE Tucker Kraft is heading to the draft as #2 overall prospect at the position. I thought Davis was going too as a Top 30 RB prospect for 2023.

Davis and Gronowski were both true freshmen when they went to Frisco in spring 21. with the covid year Davis has two left if he chooses to use them. with a covid year and a med RS year due to the knee injury, Gronowski has 3 years left if he chooses to use them

SteelSD
January 14th, 2023, 05:14 PM
Davis and Gronowski were both true freshmen when they went to Frisco in spring 21. with the covid year Davis has two left if he chooses to use them. with a covid year and a med RS year due to the knee injury, Gronowski has 3 years left if he chooses to use them
Most outsiders just don’t realize how young that offense was.

dewey
January 14th, 2023, 05:34 PM
Most outsiders just don’t realize how young that offense was.

Gronowski, Davis and the Jahnke twins are very good but SDSU won this year, IMHO, because of the SDSU offensive and defensive lines.

McCormick and Greenfield are markers up front for the Jackrabbits.

Dewey

UNHWildcat18
January 14th, 2023, 06:22 PM
Gronowski, Davis and the Jahnke twins are very good but SDSU won this year, IMHO, because of the SDSU offensive and defensive lines.

Dewey

That’s generally the issue that sets the top 2 teams from the rest. For an example outside the FCS, when Cincy played Bama in the playoffs, could their WRs RBs QBs CBs Ks.Ps match Bamas in size and skill? I absolutely think so that year. However Bamas front 7 and OL were simple too much for the OL and front seven of Cincy. IMHO that’s just really what it comes down to in many cases.

Sader87
January 14th, 2023, 06:39 PM
Sluka

SteelSD
January 14th, 2023, 06:54 PM

Dewey
I don’t disagree at all, but the original post I was responding too didn’t ask if any of our linemen had been around for 9 years.

JacksFan40
January 15th, 2023, 04:50 PM
Not bad. Furman should be #3 though - ahead of W&M, HC, and, yes, SportsFans, ahead of NDSU.
Not a chance Furman is better than the Bison.