UTC-21

Elon-28
Citadel-20

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

OL FU
November 4th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Western Carolina
App.State by 24 or more.

Furman (I do think winning this one is possible, but)
GSU (by 7 to 10, would not surprise me if both teams are somewhere between 35 and 50 pointsxeekx )

Wofford by 7
UTC
Wofford should win this one. I haven't had many of those feelings this year but I think Chatt could pull the upset. but officially I am picking WC

Elon-by 14
Citadel-

PaladinFan
November 4th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I don't think the Hoover dam could hold Furman's offense to 17 points the way we've been playing. Jerome Felton is getting some kinda hot and Renaldo Gray has been out of his mind the past couple weeks.

I think GSU will beat us, but I'd wager it'll be close and high scoring.

walliver
November 4th, 2007, 04:50 PM
What I want to happen:

Western Carolina-42
ASU - 41

Furman-53
GSU-51

Wofford-42
UTC-20

Elon-35
Citadel-38

What will happen:
ASU over WCU 63-28
GSU over Furman 56-42
Wofford over Chattanooga 42-38
Elon over Citadel 42-35

GSUhooligan
November 4th, 2007, 04:52 PM
I don't think the Hoover dam could hold Furman's offense to 17 points the way we've been playing. Jerome Felton is getting some kinda hot and Renaldo Gray has been out of his mind the past couple weeks.

Seems to be our theme this year.

ncman071
November 4th, 2007, 05:33 PM
App 48 - WCU 26
GSU - 40 Furman 31
Wofford 35 UTC 24
Elon 32 Citadel 28

PaladinFan
November 4th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Seems to be our theme this year.

It's completely hard to guage the game. Furman beat Elon. GSU lost to Elon. Furman held App to 50 yrds less offense in a losing effort than GSU did in a winning one. Furman ran all over the Citadel and managed to lose, while the Eagles were held in check and squeaked out a win. GSU ran up and down the field against CCU, a team Furman had to scratch and claw for every yard against.

I think Furman is plenty good enough to get the win in Statesboro. However, our defense has just been too suspect this season. Sometimes the chips are just not falling the way you'd like them. This seems to be one of those seasons.

straightshooter
November 4th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Don't forget that FU got App St, Elon and CCU at home, while GSU played all of them on the road. Homefield is worth something in this conference, so it's really hard to break down those head to head matchups.

CamelCityAppFan
November 4th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I've got a feeling that UTC is primed to pull an upset at home.

I'm not predicting, I'm just sayin'...

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 4th, 2007, 06:51 PM
This thread should be titled "Socon Wishlist - week 11"
xrolleyesx xlolx

GSU over Furman
Elon over The Citadel
Wofford over Chatty
App. over Western

catamount man
November 4th, 2007, 06:55 PM

If so, Wofford sits at home.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

appmountaineer
November 4th, 2007, 07:20 PM
WCU 17
App state 42

Furman 14
GSU 28

Woff 35
Chatt 32

Elon 35
Cit 38
-game of the week

terrierbob
November 4th, 2007, 07:41 PM
If 'nooga has a good passing game, it may be whoever has the last chance.

appstate38
November 4th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Western Carolina-24
App.State-45

Furman-17
GSU-31

Wofford-35
UTC-21

Elon-28
Citadel-20

I predict if you want to win this week in the SoCon then you had better bring you "A" game, because it does not appear to be any guaranteed wins anymore.

For the sake of the thread:

App over WCU

GSU over FU- will be close and hard fought

Wofford over UTC- Dogs will need to score alot, as per the norm in conference

Elon over The Citadel- another close high scoring affair.

Finally I predict that in each game there will be an average of 60 to 70 combined points scored!!! When to a football game and a basketball game broke out.

drpnut
November 4th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Nooga doesn't have near the game that Appy, ElCid have and I think if we get our act together for a complete game we run for 350-400 yards and control the game.

We will be hungry. I think Woffy wins by 14-21.

Baldy
November 4th, 2007, 08:09 PM
It's completely hard to guage the game. Furman beat Elon. GSU lost to Elon. Furman held App to 50 yrds less offense in a losing effort than GSU did in a winning one. Furman ran all over the Citadel and managed to lose, while the Eagles were held in check and squeaked out a win. GSU ran up and down the field against CCU, a team Furman had to scratch and claw for every yard against.

I think Furman is plenty good enough to get the win in Statesboro. However, our defense has just been too suspect this season. Sometimes the chips are just not falling the way you'd like them. This seems to be one of those seasons.
Some more food for thought. GSU held Elon to under 300 yards of total offense, and sacked Riddle 7 times (still trying to figure out how we lost that game). Riddle alone had 500+ yards against Furman. Furman allowed 640 yards of offense and 54 points against Cit, we held them to barely over 350 yards and 17 points.

Its all relative at this point. I'm just as worried about this Furman team as I was against Appy and Wofford We should win this game, but I learned early this season that nothing is as it seems in the SoCon this season.

PaladinFan
November 4th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Right, no one is saying our defense is playing worth a durn (they aren't). And if you want to talk homefield advantage, Furman went to the Citadel, a place where they typically struggle, and had 49 points at the end of regulation (and our kicker left 10 on the field).

Riddle had a phenomenal game against Furman. The Phoenix were forced to pass as FU had completely shut them down in the first half (24-7 at the break). However, GSU can't throw the ball like El Cid and Elon. Our corners are sure tacklers, they just give up 7 inches to every receiver it seems.

...I think Furman got to Riddle 5 times. He was harrassed most of the game (there wan't many times someone wasn't in his face). A lot of those passing yards were to Hudgins (207 actually) and he made some of the most incredible catches I've ever seen in college football. The kind where you just turn and look at the person next to you and just shrug your shoulders.

and again, rivalry game, there always close. We can debate all day the score, but the reality is it will probably be within a touchdown.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 4th, 2007, 09:46 PM

Any

Given

Saturday

Hang on everyone, this is going to be a fun weekend! xthumbsupx

Wish list:
GSU wins over Furman
Citadel over Elon
Wofford loses to UTC (unlikely)

everything else is irrelevant to me.

RazorEdge19
November 4th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Razor's Thoughts:

Georgia Southern @ Furman

Interesting matchup with both teams coming off of wins over the two #1 teams in the conference. While many people feel Furman is on a roll, I think it was more Elon lacked the personell to defend against a team that runs between the tackles. Likewise, Georgia Southern has proven themselves to be the 'hot' team in the conference lately, but human, nonetheless.

The key this week will rest solely on Furman's defense. Can they find a way to solve the problem that is Jayson Foster? Citadel did it for 3 1/2 Quarters. Wofford did it for a half. Can Furman combine their efforts and limit his offensive output throughout the game? Personally, I don't think so, but I can always hope...

Elon @ El Cid

This is an interesting matchup with two teams coming off bad losses this week.

Elon struggled against Furman and should never have made that game close, whereas App laid the wood to the Lawson-less Bulldogs. Look for Lawson to be back this week and pick up where he left off. I expect the Bulldogs to follow in Furman's foot steps and feed the ball to their boy Cooper.

This game will fall on Elon's defense. If they can stop the inside running game, then the game will go their way. I don't think they can.

Western @ App

Western's good on offense. App is bad on defense. Their youth is showing and has been exposed in games versus GSU and Wofford. Western showed life against Wofford and an ability to make big plays when they needed to.

I think the key to this game is App's offense because they are going to have to stay ahead of Western's offense. And for some strange reason, I have this feeling Western end's the SoCon drought here....

Wofford @ Chatanooga

Wofford lost a heartbreaker last week. So did Chat. Wofford ends their season on a bye, so this is their last chance to make a statement for the committee and get into the playoffs. Meanwhile, Chat still has another week after this one, and has nothing to play for, except pride.

Personally, I think Chat has the ability to upset Wofford here, because of the skill they have across the board. But I can't forget last year's game. Chat's personnel are good, but not good enough, and Wofford finishes their season with a good taste in their mouths...

OL FU
November 5th, 2007, 06:44 AM

I concur, it is just hard to get the actually words to come out of my keyboardxsmiley_wix

OL FU
November 5th, 2007, 06:44 AM
This thread should be titled "Socon Wishlist - week 11"
xrolleyesx xlolx

GSU over Furman
Elon over The Citadel
Wofford over Chatty
App. over Western

Why a wishlist - I think so far most everyone has agreed with your picks

Go Apps
November 5th, 2007, 06:45 AM
GSU 35
FU 24

Wofford 31
UTC 27

Elon 30
Citadel 28

ASU 49
WCU 35

appfan2008
November 5th, 2007, 07:11 AM
ASU over WCU by 17+
Wofford over UTC by 10+
The Citadel over Elon by 1+
GSU over FU by 7+

proasu89
November 5th, 2007, 07:14 AM
[QUOTE=RazorEdge19;722877]Razor's Thoughts:

Western @ App

Western's good on offense. App is bad on defense. Their youth is showing and has been exposed in games versus GSU and Wofford. Western showed life against Wofford and an ability to make big plays when they needed to.

I think the key to this game is App's offense because they are going to have to stay ahead of Western's offense. And for some strange reason, I have this feeling Western end's the SoCon drought here....

It could happenxbawlingx However, the team that is bad on defense IS ranked first in the conference in pts allowed.

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/stats/football/2007/confldrs.htm

trusty
November 5th, 2007, 07:47 AM

I am nervous about you guys. Nothing to lose, just putting up 50+ this weekend, and we always play each other tough. I think Coach will have our guys prepared but I am nervous about this game.

citdog
November 5th, 2007, 08:30 AM
we will defeat Elon in Charleston this saturday. write it down.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 5th, 2007, 08:36 AM

Please?

terrierbob
November 5th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Wofford 85.01
Chatanooga 85

'Nooga passes for 650 yards, we run for 550.

dungeonjoe
November 5th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Dog,
If I wrote down every time you said that about an upcoming game, I'd be out of ink and with no place to write it now.
:D

Just get it donexrotatehx

CharlestonAppFan
November 5th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Furman over GSU - Furman is mysteriously startin to figure out how to score points nowxeyebrowx ; rule #1 - if you don't give the other team the ball, you have a much better chance at winning the gamexthumbsupx

The Citadel over Elon - the dogs can't defend the run at all, but they look a whole lot better against the pass - Elon doesn't run very much..soooooo......xchinscratchx xwhistlex

Wofford over UTC - in a nailbiter....what has happened to you, terriers? Injuries? loosing your captain? xeyebrowx here's hoping that if you do win this week, you will represent the SoCon well in the playoffsxnodx

ASU over Western - Here's the trend I see happening with App the past couple of games; scoring more points in the first half and not giving up the huge plays on defense (excluding Mr. Foster). The O is starting to click in the first and second quarters like last year, the killer instinct needs come out with the D. Prediction - ASU scores in the high 40's low 50's, WCU scores in the high 20's.

Hey Citdog.......have you decided to let N. Carolina back in the Confederacy yet after Saturday? Shoulda come by for the homemade jugs of dumb dumb juice I had; good talkin with ya though. xthumbsupx

appfan2008
November 5th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Dog,
If I wrote down every time you said that about an upcoming game, I'd be out of ink and with no place to write it now.
:D

Just get it donexrotatehx

I think he might be right this time... Elon is a little over their head right now and will come back to earth a little as they did last week

T-Dog
November 5th, 2007, 09:11 AM
ASU over WCU by 28
<-------- :D 48-20

Furman over GaSo by 3.
Teams combine for over 100 points and Vermin wins 55-52. xprayx

Wofford over UTNooga by 10.
I hope UTC can pull it out, but I can only give one upset this week. xsmhx 34-24 (and the conference autobid goes to the ankle biters)

Elon over El Cit by 14
Elon's got too much firepower to lose this after El Cit's homecoming loss and questions at QB. 44-30. xrulesx

citdog
November 5th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Hey Citdog.......have you decided to let N. Carolina back in the Confederacy yet after Saturday? Shoulda come by for the homemade jugs of dumb dumb juice I had; good talkin with ya though. xthumbsupx

NO, YOU'RE STILL OUT. IF YOU WIN YOUR 3RD NC IN A ROW YOU MAY APPLY FOR READMISSION.xrulesx xrulesx

Death Dealer
November 5th, 2007, 09:35 AM
FU plays spoiler again this week. We win by a point or more. No prediction other than we win.

Beyond that, well who gives a ****. Yeah, I'm bitter, wanna fight about it?xmadx xbawlingx xmadx

citdog
November 5th, 2007, 09:36 AM
FU plays spoiler again this week. We win by a point or more. No prediction other than we win.

Beyond that, well who gives a ****. Yeah, I'm bitter, wanna fight about it?xmadx xbawlingx xmadx

I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY! THAT'S JUST MY GAME!xnodx

gsugt1
November 5th, 2007, 09:46 AM

Not gonna happen. We are on a mission. GSU 45 FU 21

ButlerGSU
November 5th, 2007, 09:57 AM
I've picked GSU to lose just about every week so I'm going to continue...

Furman comes in and rains on our parade, after three emotional wins in a row GSU lets its guard down. FU wins in a heart breaker...

terrierbob
November 5th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Wofford over UTC - in a nailbiter....what has happened to you, terriers? Injuries? loosing your captain? here's hoping that if you do win this week, you will represent the SoCon well in the playoffs

Beats the hell out of me..., but I think Mr. Foster had something to do with it. 2 TOs and a bad call by Ayers, as well. Great game to watch, though.

appstate38
November 5th, 2007, 10:06 AM

Just in case you are wrong.... I will use a pencil.xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Death Dealer
November 5th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Not gonna happen. We are on a mission. GSU 45 FU 21

Whatever.xrolleyesx We're on a mission from God....he doesn't like you guys.xcoolx

Go Apps
November 5th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Agreed on all points -

However when it comes to passing teams - ASU seems to stand tall...if it not for turnovers, we would have never lost to Wofford or GSU, not to mention a nonhealty Armani...

Things are getting interesting in Boone, if we can rest and heel some hurt players over the next two weeks ASU could be coming alive at the right time - getting a playoff seed will be critical...and not out of the question

gsugt1
November 5th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Whatever.xrolleyesx We're on a mission from God....he doesn't like you guys.xcoolx

Regardless we are going to kick some puple pansy a$$ this weekend xnodx xnodx

PaladinFan
November 5th, 2007, 12:28 PM
For the Furman seniors (Felton, Gray, Gipson, Sprague, etc) now that the playoffs are out of reach the next best thing is to keep GSU at home and rain on their little party.

Ryan Mckie, Furman wideout, was quoted in the Greenville News saying that he's never been on a team with this much fight. I'm proud of our boys . They could have packed it in weeks ago but have clawed their way back and could make a respectable season out of 2007.

Jerome Felton was pumped out of his mind against Elon and it showed in the stat column. They couldn't stop him with a brick wall. If Felton brings that same energy and pride into Statesboro, I dare say Furman will be in the game at the end.

blueballs
November 5th, 2007, 12:49 PM
For the Furman seniors (Felton, Gray, Gipson, Sprague, etc) now that the playoffs are out of reach the next best thing is to keep GSU at home and rain on their little party.

Ryan Mckie, Furman wideout, was quoted in the Greenville News saying that he's never been on a team with this much fight. I'm proud of our boys . They could have packed it in weeks ago but have clawed their way back and could make a respectable season out of 2007.

Jerome Felton was pumped out of his mind against Elon and it showed in the stat column. They couldn't stop him with a brick wall. If Felton brings that same energy and pride into Statesboro, I dare say Furman will be in the game at the end.

Furman will be in the game to the end regardless... it has been that kind of year in the conference and for GSU in particular.

I expect nothing less than a tight, hard fought, hard hitting game in a teriffic atmosphere Saturday. The team that plays the best will win but it will be a fun one to watch... probably yet another great chapter in an epic rivalry.

RazorEdge19
November 5th, 2007, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=RazorEdge19;722877]Razor's Thoughts:

Western @ App

It could happenxbawlingx However, the team that is bad on defense IS ranked first in the conference in pts allowed.

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/stats/football/2007/confldrs.htm

Indeed you are correct. However, we shall see what those stats say in two weeks.

Wofford has played 1 more game then you and are allowing .8 points more per game then ASU's defense. ASU has not played WCU, who I think is one of the most dangerous offenses in the SoCon. I think the stats will speak for themselves by season's end. If not, then so be it. I can be wrong, and I'm not afraid to admit error.