PDA

View Full Version : How far does UNH/UMASS/Wofford fall?

GreatAppSt
November 4th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Along the lines of the sarcastic (how far does Montana fall thread) I'd like an injection of real thoughts on this question.
I have always been of the school that you do not want to lose late even the selection commitee takes haw a team is playing at the end of the season into account. UMass and UNH both take a snuff to unranked one win teams with two weeks to play??xeyebrowx Wofford though losing to ranked teams they lost consecutive games to lower ranked opponents. So for your consideration xcoffeex xreadx xcoffeex how far do the three deserve to plummet?xconfusedx let's hear the pros and cons. xnonox xnodx

Syntax Error
November 4th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Along the lines of the sarcastic (how far does Montana fall thread) I'd like an injection of real thoughts on this question. I have always been of the school that you do not want to lose late even the selection commitee takes haw a team is playing at the end of the season into account. UMass and UNH both take a snuff to unranked one win teams with two weeks to play?? Wofford though losing to ranked teams they lost consecutive games to lower ranked opponents. So for your consideration How far do the three deserve to plummet? Let's hear the pros and cons. Considering the extreme weather the falls of UMass and UNH should be shorter than usual.

The UMass game went to OT so I think their fall will be less than UNH's who was just demolished.

Wofford's loss to a ranked team was a very close game so their fall should not be that drastic either.

I agree that the playoff committee will weigh in the recent losses so all three will probably not get seeds. But if they win out I think all three make the playoffs.

Ud1Hens
November 4th, 2007, 01:21 PM
My best guess is UMASS drops to #9, UNH drops to #12 (a few teams behind them lost, thus not dropping them futher), and Wofford to #15 (see UNH explanation for not dropping more).

APPST '93
November 4th, 2007, 01:51 PM
UMASS has been playing with fire three out of the past four weeks. Looks like they finally got burnt. Weather is no excuse. They lost to a team that was 1-9. I agree, they will be around #9 but that's because so many teams lost.

Syntax Error
November 4th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Weather is no excuse...Maybe not but when you're playing an option team that is vastly underrated in 50+winds and monsoon rains it doesn't take a genius to figure out who has the advantage. Still, a top five team should have pulled a win out.

GreatAppSt
November 4th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Maybe not but when you're playing an option team that is vastly underrated in 50+winds and monsoon rains it doesn't take a genius to figure out who has the advantage. Still, a top five team should have pulled a win out.

I guess some slack could be cut but....

SeattleGriz
November 4th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Maybe not but when you're playing an option team that is vastly underrated in 50+winds and monsoon rains it doesn't take a genius to figure out who has the advantage. Still, a top five team should have pulled a win out.

Especially when you factor in the offense for UMass didn't score at all.

GreatAppSt
November 4th, 2007, 05:07 PM

Some Big Sky (griz) fans would argue that Weber State is also vastly underated. and they dropped after a close contest with Weber BUT they did not lose. I see some double standard rules are being applied here. hopefully the AGS voters don't do this.xpeacex