PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Megathread: 2023 Edition

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Winterborn
January 8th, 2023, 09:09 PM
Since MMiller is reacquainting himself with being a SDSU fan and hasn't got around to starting a new 2023 thread, I figured I might as well kick it off.

What is going to happen in the MVFC in 2023?

SDSU returns most of their offense and defense I believe. So they are the clear team to beat in my mind. Does NDSU answer that call or is there another team that can do what NDSU failed to do today?

mmiller_34
January 8th, 2023, 09:13 PM
Good work.

Cheers to 2023 🍻

ysubigred
January 8th, 2023, 10:11 PM
Way too early MVFC finish 23

1. NDSU

2. SDSU

3. SIU

4. UNI

5. UND

6. USD

7. IL ST.

8. IN ST.

9. YSU

10. MO ST.

11. WIU

12. Murray St.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

The Yo Show
January 8th, 2023, 11:45 PM
Well, here's my way too early MVFC 23 season prediction (lol):
1. SDSU

2. UNI

3. NDSU

4. SIU

5. UND

6. USD

7. YSU

8. Ill. ST

9. MO ST

10. IN ST

11. WIU

12. Murray St.

Paladin1aa
January 9th, 2023, 08:08 AM
My early ‘23 look-

1. SDSU
2. NDSU
3. UNI
4. SIU
5. YSU
6. ISUr
7. UND
8. USD
9. MoST
10. ISUb
11. WIU
12. MuST

mmiller_34
January 9th, 2023, 09:54 AM
My Assessment:

1. South Dakota State
2. Northern Iowa
3. North Dakota State
4. North Dakota
5. Southern Illinois
6. Illinois State
7. Youngstown State
8. South Dakota
9. Missouri State
10. Indiana State
11. Murray State
12. Western Illinois

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2023, 10:04 AM
Congratulations to South Dakota State!!!

looks Like the old Paul McCartney and Wings moniker for the Valley will need to be retired haha

Bisonator
January 9th, 2023, 11:47 AM
SDSU clear favorites next season. After them its a toss up imo. I think YSU might be in the mix. UNI is always a head scratcher with the way they start out the year too. If I had to make a prediction right now.....

1. South Dakota State
2. North Dakota State
3. North Dakota
4. Northern Iowa
5. Youngstown state
6. Illinois State
7. Southern Illinois
8. South Dakota
9. Missouri State
10. Indiana State
11. Western Illinois
12. Murray State

JacksFan40
January 9th, 2023, 12:28 PM
My completely unbiased rankings for 2023.

1. South Dakota State
2. North Dakota State
3. Northern Iowa
4. North Dakota
5. Youngstown State
6. Southern Illinois
7. Illinois State
8. Missouri State
9. South Dakota
10. Indiana State
11. Western Illinois
12. Murray State

I don’t think the conference will cannibalize itself as bad in 2023, and there will be a pretty clear divide between the top four teams versus the rest. I also think the bottom three will be really bad, and USD is a team who I have no idea what to expect, they could finish at the bottom, or somewhere in the top five and I wouldn’t be surprised. I expect 4-5 teams in the playoffs, two in the semifinals, and at least one in the championship. The MVFC will again prove why it’s the top conference.

Gil Dobie
January 9th, 2023, 05:57 PM
Looks like NDSU's D-Coordinator will be Northwestern's D-Coordinator next year.

SDFS
January 9th, 2023, 07:03 PM
I need to look at the schedules for 2023 first. Did the MVFC ever release its scheduling approach after MuSU joining? Before it was "All Dakota Schools" play one another, is this still true?

mmiller_34
January 9th, 2023, 07:39 PM
I need to look at the schedules for 2023 first. Did the MVFC ever release its scheduling approach after MuSU joining? Before it was "All Dakota Schools" play one another, is this still true?

Yes. Their approach was the western schools beat each other up while Youngstown State eats cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Buncha’ ****

ysubigred
January 9th, 2023, 08:01 PM
Yes. Their approach was the western schools beat each other up while Youngstown State eats cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Buncha’ ****So you became a whiney bitch now that you are a SDSU fan?

Why does YSU get in xDSU fans posts.. penis envy [emoji848]

YSU is so geographicly displaced in the MVFC it's crazy. Tere Haute is the closest road game at 425 miles.. adding Murray is just 604 away..

So dropping one of the xDSU a year isn't too much to ask is it?

Professor Chaos
January 9th, 2023, 09:02 PM
So you became a whiney bitch now that you are a SDSU fan?

Why does YSU get in xDSU fans posts.. penis envy [emoji848]

YSU is so geographicly displaced in the MVFC it's crazy. Tere Haute is the closest road game at 425 miles.. adding Murray is just 604 away..

So dropping one of the xDSU a year isn't too much to ask is it?

Doesn't YSU charter flights to all the other MVFC schools anyway? If so, does an extra 30-60 minutes each way on the flight make that big of a difference?

ysubigred
January 9th, 2023, 09:17 PM
Doesn't YSU charter flights to all the other MVFC schools anyway? If so, does an extra 30-60 minutes each way on the flight make that big of a difference?You'd think it wouldn't but alot of the MVFC trips include a few hour bus ride to boot after the charter flight.

No excuse for fielding piss poor teams but traveling all those miles week after week does take a toll.

Gil Dobie
January 9th, 2023, 09:38 PM
You'd think it wouldn't but alot of the MVFC trips include a few hour bus ride to boot after the charter flight.

No excuse for fielding piss poor teams but traveling all those miles week after week does take a toll.

Youngstown was a decent team this year. We had a couple kids from Youngstown play basketball at a local JC back in the 1970's. Smoked a lot of pot and stole a lot of food.

ysubigred
January 9th, 2023, 10:05 PM
Youngstown was a decent team this year. We had a couple kids from Youngstown play basketball at a local JC back in the 1970's. Smoked a lot of pot and stole a lot of food.Youngstown kids are smart and know priorities.. paying out of state tuition in podunk USA, it's easier to steal food than weed [emoji106]

YSU had some blind ass luck to go with some improvements. Figuring out after 4 games the Guins had a better QB for the last 3 years sitting on the bench was a revelation..

****ing ass clown coaching staff doesn't seem to know talent..

clenz
January 9th, 2023, 10:16 PM
You'd think it wouldn't but alot of the MVFC trips include a few hour bus ride to boot after the charter flight.

Who requires multiple hours of bus trips after flying in?

UND is 6.5 miles from their airport
NDSU is literally at the south end of their air field
UNI is 5.8 miles from their airport
MOSU is 9.1 miles from their airport
ISUR is 5.5 miles from their airport
ISUB is 5.1 miles from their airport
MUSU is 6.7 miles from their airport
SIU is 6.7 miles from their airport
YSU seems to be on the longer side at 11 miles

SDSU is about an hour from the Sioux Falls airport, I’ll grant you that. Though there is an airfield in Brookings with a 6000 runway, can’t speak to if it’s still in service though.

USD most everyone that flies will go into Sioux City as it’s only 40 minutes.

WIU is a bitch to get to for literally everyone including UNI because of the roads you have to take to get there, I’ll give you that. I’d bet anyone that flies there goes into Peoria as it’s about 75 minutes whereas Davenport would be a bit over an hour and a half and worse routing and BloNo would be 2 hours.

So YSU is the 4th longest trip in the Valley from the local airport. Maybe people should be bitching about the distance they have to bus for YSU games.

Including bus time I’d bet YSU gets to macomb faster than UNI and UNI is the closest team on the conference to WII.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gil Dobie
January 10th, 2023, 08:24 AM
Looks like NDSU's D-Coordinator will be Northwestern's D-Coordinator next year.

Is Bo Pellini available? xeyebrowx

ysubigred
January 10th, 2023, 08:54 AM
Who requires multiple hours of bus trips after flying in?

UND is 6.5 miles from their airport
NDSU is literally at the south end of their air field
UNI is 5.8 miles from their airport
MOSU is 9.1 miles from their airport
ISUR is 5.5 miles from their airport
ISUB is 5.1 miles from their airport
MUSU is 6.7 miles from their airport
SIU is 6.7 miles from their airport
YSU seems to be on the longer side at 11 miles

SDSU is about an hour from the Sioux Falls airport, I’ll grant you that. Though there is an airfield in Brookings with a 6000 runway, can’t speak to if it’s still in service though.

USD most everyone that flies will go into Sioux City as it’s only 40 minutes.

WIU is a bitch to get to for literally everyone including UNI because of the roads you have to take to get there, I’ll give you that. I’d bet anyone that flies there goes into Peoria as it’s about 75 minutes whereas Davenport would be a bit over an hour and a half and worse routing and BloNo would be 2 hours.

So YSU is the 4th longest trip in the Valley from the local airport. Maybe people should be bitching about the distance they have to bus for YSU games.

Including bus time I’d bet YSU gets to macomb faster than UNI and UNI is the closest team on the conference to WII.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGood to know..

ysubigred
January 10th, 2023, 08:54 AM
Is Bo Pellini available? xeyebrowxLOL.. I'm leaving this alone [emoji17]

Paladin1aa
January 10th, 2023, 10:17 AM
Is Bo Pellini available? xeyebrowx

He is in semi retirement in Ytown, living off the millions of $$$ from Nebraska and the hundreds of thousands of $$$$$ the dumbazz YSU AD paid him to destroy the program.

clenz
January 10th, 2023, 11:05 AM
Good to know..

Beyond that - something I should have included in that YSU not only can get to WIU quicker than UNI can, despite UNI being only 167 miles away from WIU as the bird flies and Youngstown being 520. It is about 3.5-4 hours on a bus, each way, for UNI. YSU has a roughly an hour and a half flight (including take-off and landing time) to Peoria and then just over an hour bus trip in to Macomb. Even taking the longer sides of the estimates it's 3 hours to get to Macomb for WIU. That is 6 total hours of travel for YSU to WIU and 3 in a bus. Meanwhile, UNI has 8 total hours of travel, all by bus.

For Illinois State, it is a similar story. YSU has about an hour and a half flight time to Bloomington and then the 5 mile bus ride. UNI will bus both ways at about 4.5 hours each way.

To get to SDSU YSU will have a flight time of about 2:15 and then an hour bus ride. Call it 3.5 hours total to get to Brookings. UNI will bus at 5.5 hours one way.

To USD YSU has a 2-hour flight and a 40-minute bus ride - UNI has a 4+ hour bus ride both ways

Hell, even NDSU/UND there is almost zero travel benefit to UNI. UNI will fly to both: 75 minute flight to Fargo 90 minutes to Grand Forks. YSU only about 40-45 more minutes than Waterloo/Cedar Falls for flight to both.

You see, by being on the edge as YSU is your travel budget will have to be higher due to more flights, but you are dramatically cutting your travel time and bus time. Your travel is actually easier on players than on a centrally located team.

YSU may dwarf a program like UNI, WIU, or ISUr on a travel budget, but those 3 programs will dwarf YSU for time traveling.

Christiank22
January 10th, 2023, 11:37 AM
Way too early MVFC finish 23

1. NDSU

2. SDSU

3. SIU

4. UNI

5. UND

6. USD

7. IL ST.

8. IN ST.

9. YSU

10. MO ST.

11. WIU

12. Murray St.

NDSU will be 5th or 6th, maybe

Christiank22
January 10th, 2023, 11:39 AM
1. SDSU
2. UNI
3. SIU
4. UND
5. USD
6. YSU
7. ISUr
8. NDSU
9. Missouri St
10. ISUb
11. WIU
12. Murray St

Professor Chaos
January 10th, 2023, 11:44 AM
NDSU will be 5th or 6th, maybe
Right... just like when you predicted NDSU would be 6-5 this year after losing to Arizona.

I'm sure next year when you're wrong again it'll be "luck" again.

Christiank22
January 10th, 2023, 11:50 AM
Right... just like when you predicted NDSU would be 6-5 this year after losing to Arizona.

I'm sure next year when you're wrong again it'll be "luck" again.

I was only off by 2 losses, and we absolutely getting worse.

We have good young receivers coming in apparently, not like it matters when we run the ball 80% of the game.

Our defense is regressing and we cannot stop the run to save our lives

Our coach doesn’t understand that 24/3 is 8

We apparently don’t trust our Qb to throw

Entz doesn’t know what a time out is

We have no premier skill position players next year.

Now with all of that, why are you confident in us? Because I sure am not. We are going to suck very very soon.

Winterborn
January 10th, 2023, 12:18 PM
I was only off by 2 losses, and we absolutely getting worse.

We have good young receivers coming in apparently, not like it matters when we run the ball 80% of the game.

Our defense is regressing and we cannot stop the run to save our lives

Our coach doesn’t understand that 24/3 is 8

We apparently don’t trust our Qb to throw

Entz doesn’t know what a time out is

We have no premier skill position players next year.

Now with all of that, why are you confident in us? Because I sure am not. We are going to suck very very soon.

To be fair, none of the past coaches in the last decade plus have known what a timeout is for. Clock management is has not been their strongsuit.

Christiank22
January 10th, 2023, 12:23 PM
To be fair, none of the past coaches in the last decade plus have known what a timeout is for. Clock management is has not been their strongsuit.

Fair point but regardless there’s nothing about the last 2 games that make me excited for next year. I don’t see why we should be favored against anyone outside the bottom 3 in the valley

caribbeanhen
January 10th, 2023, 12:38 PM
Dude JFC stop

Christiank22
January 10th, 2023, 01:02 PM
Dude JFC stop

You can’t point out where I’m wrong, you just get mad because I’m the only one in here being realistic. We are a shell of what we used to be. The NDSU dynasty is over…

Bisonator
January 10th, 2023, 03:34 PM
1. SDSU
2. UNI
3. SIU
4. UND
5. USD
6. YSU
7. ISUr
8. NDSU
9. Missouri St
10. ISUb
11. WIU
12. Murray St
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is, if NDSU finishes in the bottom half of the MVFC I'll donate $100 to this site, if they finish in the upper half you donate $100, deal?

Christiank22
January 10th, 2023, 05:16 PM
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is, if NDSU finishes in the bottom half of the MVFC I'll donate $100 to this site, if they finish in the upper half you donate $100, deal?

I don’t want NDSU to be bad. I just have no faith they’ll be good.

mmiller_34
January 10th, 2023, 05:18 PM
1. SDSU
2. UNI
3. SIU
4. UND
5. USD
6. YSU
7. ISUr
8. NDSU
9. Missouri St
10. ISUb
11. WIU
12. Murray St

LOL

ysubigred
January 10th, 2023, 09:50 PM
Beyond that - something I should have included in that YSU not only can get to WIU quicker than UNI can, despite UNI being only 167 miles away from WIU as the bird flies and Youngstown being 520. It is about 3.5-4 hours on a bus, each way, for UNI. YSU has a roughly an hour and a half flight (including take-off and landing time) to Peoria and then just over an hour bus trip in to Macomb. Even taking the longer sides of the estimates it's 3 hours to get to Macomb for WIU. That is 6 total hours of travel for YSU to WIU and 3 in a bus. Meanwhile, UNI has 8 total hours of travel, all by bus.

For Illinois State, it is a similar story. YSU has about an hour and a half flight time to Bloomington and then the 5 mile bus ride. UNI will bus both ways at about 4.5 hours each way.

To get to SDSU YSU will have a flight time of about 2:15 and then an hour bus ride. Call it 3.5 hours total to get to Brookings. UNI will bus at 5.5 hours one way.

To USD YSU has a 2-hour flight and a 40-minute bus ride - UNI has a 4+ hour bus ride both ways

Hell, even NDSU/UND there is almost zero travel benefit to UNI. UNI will fly to both: 75 minute flight to Fargo 90 minutes to Grand Forks. YSU only about 40-45 more minutes than Waterloo/Cedar Falls for flight to both.

You see, by being on the edge as YSU is your travel budget will have to be higher due to more flights, but you are dramatically cutting your travel time and bus time. Your travel is actually easier on players than on a centrally located team.

YSU may dwarf a program like UNI, WIU, or ISUr on a travel budget, but those 3 programs will dwarf YSU for time traveling.You put In a lot of effort to say YSU'S travel isn't as bad as the tail gate lot faithful made it sound LOL..

dewey
January 10th, 2023, 10:53 PM
I enjoy it when Clenz absolutely goes full fact mode to prove someone is wrong.

Dewey

SteelSD
January 10th, 2023, 11:36 PM
You can’t point out where I’m wrong, you just get mad because I’m the only one in here being realistic. We are a shell of what we used to be. The NDSU dynasty is over…
Wow, that’s some major self delusion to think that 12-3 and 6-5 are anywhere close to the same thing. Time to get that head checked, evidently those rock-chucking SDSU students have pretty solid arms!

ysubigred
January 11th, 2023, 07:26 AM
I enjoy it when Clenz absolutely goes full fact mode to prove someone is wrong.

DeweyEither that or dazzling folks with bull****..

"IF" facts, I'd like to know the source.. will make for interesting conversations in the TG lot.. travel woes has been the excuse of the poor Nov and road preformances of the Guins since the mid 2010's.

Still can't take away the fact YSU is the travel king of the MVFC 🤌

Gil Dobie
January 11th, 2023, 07:36 AM
I would have NDSU 2 or 3, with a chance at 1, depending on who comes back for SDSU, and if they keep up the same intensity next year. Klieman said it's easier getting to the top, and much more difficult staying there.

Bisonator
January 11th, 2023, 07:50 AM
Christiank22:
I don’t want NDSU to be bad. I just have no faith they’ll be good.

Right. You're just a negative nancy with a half empty glass all the time. Don't remember seeing a positive post from you on here. Maybe that's why other fans act the way they do to you. ;)

So you're not willing to put money on your predictions then? Didn't think so.....xlolx

F'N Hawks
January 11th, 2023, 09:02 AM
The all-time, undisputed heavyweight champion King of Travel is "Big Sky UND". A 7pm kickoff in Obispo is truly special.

clenz
January 11th, 2023, 09:05 AM
Either that or dazzling folks with bull****..

"IF" facts, I'd like to know the source.. will make for interesting conversations in the TG lot.. travel woes has been the excuse of the poor Nov and road preformances of the Guins since the mid 2010's.

Still can't take away the fact YSU is the travel king of the MVFC 奈

Everything I said can be backed up - but if you want me to cite my sources let me know. I have all the time in the world this afternoon and tonight.

ysubigred
January 11th, 2023, 12:47 PM
Everything I said can be backed up - but if you want me to cite my sources let me know. I have all the time in the world this afternoon and tonight.Nope.. I really don't care. Just echoing what appears to have been a wise tail about The long bus rides after the flights in the MVFC

uni88
January 11th, 2023, 06:29 PM
Everything I said can be backed up - but if you want me to cite my sources let me know. I have all the time in the world this afternoon and tonight.

I agree with what you posted but I believe you did make a mistake ...

Is UNI closer to Macomb than ISUr?

ST_Lawson
January 13th, 2023, 08:17 AM
I agree with what you posted but I believe you did make a mistake ...

Is UNI closer to Macomb than ISUr?

It is not. WIU to ISUr is just a hair under 2 hours driving time (104 miles). WIU to UNI is about 3 hours, 20 minutes (210 miles).

BeamMeUp
January 14th, 2023, 08:12 AM
BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!

Sycamore62
January 18th, 2023, 08:24 AM
It is not. WIU to ISUr is just a hair under 2 hours driving time (104 miles). WIU to UNI is about 3 hours, 20 minutes (210 miles).

whats a worse road? B-N to Macomb (the way I go and it feels like I should be in Nebraska by now) or Peoria to Macomb.

Sycamore62
January 18th, 2023, 08:25 AM
Something that's been bothering me. Does anyone else think that Casey's needs to improve their fountain drink game? I see they lost their sponsorship of the MVFC thread, wondering if that is the reason.

Professor Chaos
January 18th, 2023, 08:36 AM
Something that's been bothering me. Does anyone else think that Casey's needs to improve their fountain drink game? I see they lost their sponsorship of the MVFC thread, wondering if that is the reason.
No one holds a candle to McDonalds when it comes to the quality of fountain soda IMO. But I don't know if they've got the chops elsewhere to be worthy of MVFC thread sponsorship.

Some other thread sponsor ideas:
City of Frisco
HuHot Mongolian Grill
Culvers
Anheuser-Busch

nodak651
January 18th, 2023, 09:35 AM
I think UND will have a really good offense next year. We lose Maag and Hoosman, but as of now, pretty much everyone else will be back on offense, and I don't think anyone ever realized how young our O-line was this year. This is the depth chart from our game vs Weber.
Left Tackle
74 Donny Ventrelli Sr., 6-4, 300
73 Jack Kuntz So., 6-4, 305
Left Guard
68 Brayden Bryant So., 6-2, 305
78 Ben Christian Sr., 6-2, 285
Center
61 Danny Carroll R-Fr., 6-1, 285
69 Cade Borud Fr., 6-2, 310
Right Guard
77 Easton Kilty So., 6-5, 305
72 Colin Lavell Jr., 6-4, 300
Right Tackle
71 Seth Anderson So., 6-4, 285
75 Sam Hagen R-Fr., 6-6, 310

POD Knows
January 18th, 2023, 10:53 AM
I think UND will have a really good offense next year. We lose Maag and Hoosman, but as of now, pretty much everyone else will be back on offense, and I don't think anyone ever realized how young our O-line was this year. This is the depth chart from our game vs Weber.
Left Tackle
74 Donny Ventrelli Sr., 6-4, 300
73 Jack Kuntz So., 6-4, 305
Left Guard
68 Brayden Bryant So., 6-2, 305
78 Ben Christian Sr., 6-2, 285
Center
61 Danny Carroll R-Fr., 6-1, 285
69 Cade Borud Fr., 6-2, 310
Right Guard
77 Easton Kilty So., 6-5, 305
72 Colin Lavell Jr., 6-4, 300
Right Tackle
71 Seth Anderson So., 6-4, 285
75 Sam Hagen R-Fr., 6-6, 310
Your offense isn’t your problem. You had a pretty good offense this year. And congrats on your future first D1 win against NDSU in the fall of 2023.

nodak651
January 18th, 2023, 11:50 AM
Um... next topic please!

Our D sucked, and at this point, I don't see any reason to believe it should be any better, unfortunately.

caribbeanhen
January 18th, 2023, 11:56 AM
Observation from the warm and tropical breeze

Considering how dominant North Dakota state has been over the last 10+ years, I always thought the fans were pretty good

Now that losing games is a possibility, the fanbase is becoming unbearable...

it’s a tradeoff I guess

JacksFan40
January 18th, 2023, 12:01 PM
No one holds a candle to McDonalds when it comes to the quality of fountain soda IMO. But I don't know if they've got the chops elsewhere to be worthy of MVFC thread sponsorship.

City of Frisco
HuHot Mongolian Grill
Culvers
Anheuser-Busch
I vote for Anheuser-Busch, nothing beats Budweiser.

POD Knows
January 18th, 2023, 12:24 PM
Nope on this. INBEV is the primary owner of AB, bunch of foreigners, can’t have that as a sponsor of the MVFC thread

ST_Lawson
January 18th, 2023, 01:14 PM
whats a worse road? B-N to Macomb (the way I go and it feels like I should be in Nebraska by now) or Peoria to Macomb.

Peoria is probably an easier drive assuming you know where you're going or have GPS/map. It's a little bit shorter, quite a few more turns and things, especially in the Canton and Cuba area.
B/N to here is a little longer, and you have the straight shot along 136 across much of it. It's easier to navigate, but also easier to get road weary since you're not turning much.

ysubigred
January 18th, 2023, 01:43 PM
Nope on this. INBEV is the primary owner of AB, bunch of foreigners, can’t have that as a sponsor of the MVFC threadDamn right.. all AB products are considered donkey piss after you have good craft beer.

uni88
January 18th, 2023, 01:58 PM

City of Frisco
HuHot Mongolian Grill
Culvers
Anheuser-Busch

McD's doesn't have Culver's Root Beer or the wide selection of a gas station/convenience store like Thorntons:
https://s3-media0.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/fr2R5Jm9Sr2e20zsKBHG6A/o.jpg

https://s3-media0.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/uToVawqxl68P_B4NoppqfA/l.jpg

nodak651
January 18th, 2023, 05:07 PM
McD's doesn't have Culver's Root Beer or the wide selection of a gas station/convenience store like Thorntons:
https://s3-media0.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/fr2R5Jm9Sr2e20zsKBHG6A/o.jpg

https://s3-media0.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/uToVawqxl68P_B4NoppqfA/l.jpg

Didn't know Tim Hortons added slushies. xrolleyesx

Winterborn
January 18th, 2023, 05:51 PM

I thought about calling them up but then I remembered why they sponsored the thread in the past and the original poster of that thread was bribed by their pizza. Since I think their pizza is basically cardboard with cheese on it, their bribes were ineffective on me.

If they want to up their game, they have my number. :D

Winterborn
January 18th, 2023, 05:56 PM
Damn right.. all AB products are considered donkey piss after you have good craft beer.

I think some are donkey piss. xcoffeex

Comes with having a rice based product and making it as cheap as possible. Now if the original Budweiser (Budvar in the Czech Republic) wanted to sponsor this thread I would have zero issue with them (I like a David vs. Goliath story except when it comes to NDSU :D).

TheKingpin28
January 18th, 2023, 07:46 PM
Circle K or Grainbelt are my choices

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

ysubigred
January 18th, 2023, 07:52 PM
I think some are donkey piss. xcoffeex

Comes with having a rice based product and making it as cheap as possible. Now if the original Budweiser (Budvar in the Czech Republic) wanted to sponsor this thread I would have zero issue with them (I like a David vs. Goliath story except when it comes to NDSU :D).Oh yeah.. drank plenty of Budvars in the Czech Republic.. my personal favorite Czech beer was a permulator 0.75 ltr bottle cranking north of 10% alcohol.. didn’t take many to get **** faced LOL

Gil Dobie
January 19th, 2023, 06:38 AM
Damn right.. all AB products are considered donkey piss after you have good craft beer.

And I thought it was Clydesdale piss.

Gil Dobie
January 19th, 2023, 06:40 AM
I thought about calling them up but then I remembered why they sponsored the thread in the past and the original poster of that thread was bribed by their pizza. Since I think their pizza is basically cardboard with cheese on it, their bribes were ineffective on me.

If they want to up their game, they have my number. :D

Kwik Trip has better pizza and chicken.

Gil Dobie
January 19th, 2023, 06:44 AM

Bud is the official beer of Bison football.

ysubigred
January 19th, 2023, 07:57 AM
And I thought it was Clydesdale piss.Lol.. thinking about it maybe Clydesdale piss is too high class for bud [emoji848] that's why it's donkey piss [emoji38]

Professor Chaos
January 19th, 2023, 08:23 AM
Bud Light -> donkey piss
Miller Lite -> cat piss
Coors Light -> water

I'll take water any day over donkey/cat piss which is why Coors Light is my tailgating/volume drinking beer of choice. xpeacex

ysubigred
January 19th, 2023, 09:11 AM
Bud Light -> donkey piss
Miller Lite -> cat piss
Coors Light -> water

I'll take water any day over donkey/cat piss which is why Coors Light is my tailgating/volume drinking beer of choice. xpeacexAgree.. If I need a brew and Coors, Miller and bud lite was the only 3 in the Ice chest I'll grab the Coors.. Actually like the full tilt coors on occasion.

Paladin1aa
January 19th, 2023, 09:44 AM
Agree.. If I need a brew and Coors, Miller and bud lite was the only 3 in the Ice chest I'll grab the Coors.. Actually like the full tilt coors on occasion.

We agree on something. Coors it is !

clenz
January 19th, 2023, 09:52 AM
Coors Banquet then Coors Light

Those are about the only macro beer I'll drink if I have a choice/am buying. I'll take a good sour over any other beer 10/10 times if available.

Having said that, a quality tequila or quality vodka and soda/sprite over any beer 10/10 times.

ysubigred
January 19th, 2023, 10:38 AM
We agree on something. Coors it is !And the lack of AD [emoji106]

ysubigred
January 19th, 2023, 11:47 AM
Coors Banquet then Coors Light

Those are about the only macro beer I'll drink if I have a choice/am buying. I'll take a good sour over any other beer 10/10 times if available.

Having said that, a quality tequila or quality vodka and soda/sprite over any beer 10/10 times.I agree.. but I'm a Bourbon guy..

Chalupa Batman
January 19th, 2023, 05:16 PM
It looks like coach Stig is riding off into the sunset. DC Jimmy Rogers to be SDSU's next head coach.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now/_/nowId/21-41119412-4

ysubigred
January 19th, 2023, 05:26 PM
It looks like coach Stig is riding off into the sunset. DC Jimmy Rogers to be SDSU's next head coach.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now/_/nowId/21-41119412-4Wow.. Wonder "if" SDSU will be a favorite to repeat or crash into the anal bowels of FCS?

My guess they'll pull a golden Buffalo's and be damn good no matter the HC.

Chalupa Batman
January 19th, 2023, 05:30 PM
Wow.. Wonder "if" SDSU will be a favorite to repeat or crash into the anal bowels of FCS?

I agree that they aren't going anywhere. Next season they're going to be such a veteran team they could almost coach themselves.

FUBeAR
January 19th, 2023, 05:33 PM
I agree that they aren't going anywhere. Next season they're going to be such a veteran team they could almost coach themselves.
Definitely will start the season in FUBeAR’s Top 25

SteelSD
January 19th, 2023, 08:06 PM
Definitely will start the season in FUBeAR’s Top 25
I’ll be impressed if you rank them ahead of Mercer

Professor Chaos
January 20th, 2023, 07:56 AM
Wow.. Wonder "if" SDSU will be a favorite to repeat or crash into the anal bowels of FCS?

We'll see but NDSU's outlook will be anyone's guess next year. Rumors are swirling that another 2023 starter (RB Kobe Johnson) is transferring so that's 5 would-be 2023 starters who are choosing not to return to NDSU next year.

JacksFan40
January 20th, 2023, 08:15 AM
Bud Light -> donkey piss
Miller Lite -> cat piss
Coors Light -> water

I'll take water any day over donkey/cat piss which is why Coors Light is my tailgating/volume drinking beer of choice. xpeacex

I used to love Coors Light, but I drank to much on Hobo Day back when I was in college and had one of the worst hangovers of my life. Have not been able to drink it since without being reminded of how miserable that was.

I love Banquets though.

Winterborn
January 20th, 2023, 09:40 AM
I agree.. but I'm a Bourbon guy..

Depending on the one, I go back and forth between Bourbon and Scotch. It is pretty much a mood pour for me.

Bourbon has just sky rocked in prices these last few years and it is getting harder to find a reasonably priced bottle ($40-50). A big fan of the Wellers Antique 107 but those bottles have about doubled in price (if you can find them). Four Roses single barrel is my average one, and Wild Turkey Rare Breed is also good.

Scotch is Doublewood 12 year or Taliskar Storm.

SDFS
January 20th, 2023, 10:42 AM

Well played by SDSU and not announcing this prior to the portal closing. I wonder how many would have left for FBS opportunities if they would have known.

clenz
January 20th, 2023, 11:16 AM
Well played by SDSU and not announcing this prior to the portal closing. I wonder how many would have left for FBS opportunities if they would have known.
I would guess this wasn't out of left field to anyone affiliated with that program.

Chalupa Batman
January 20th, 2023, 11:17 AM

I doubt that would've made a difference. They seem like a very close unit, with the coaches and players are well connected to each other. Plus it's been known that Rogers is the heir apparent to Stig. It may lead to a decommit or two from the recruiting class but even the effect there would be pretty minimal I think.

ysubigred
January 20th, 2023, 01:03 PM
Depending on the one, I go back and forth between Bourbon and Scotch. It is pretty much a mood pour for me.

Bourbon has just sky rocked in prices these last few years and it is getting harder to find a reasonably priced bottle ($40-50). A big fan of the Wellers Antique 107 but those bottles have about doubled in price (if you can find them). Four Roses single barrel is my average one, and Wild Turkey Rare Breed is also good.

Scotch is Doublewood 12 year or Taliskar Storm.Living in the heart of Bourbon County and centered on the Bourbon trail I've tasted north of 300 different Bourbons. The best bang for the buck along with quality and taste is...

Angles Envy distillery here in Louisville is outstanding. I've watched it grow to a wide range and variety of spirits. Priced from around $40 to $2500 a bottle depending on how unique and mix.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230120/5b08b77b072af609aa9b879034b505dc.jpg

The Yo Show
January 20th, 2023, 10:17 PM
I agree.. but I'm a Bourbon guy..

Well, surprised this never came up before... what is your favorite Bourbon?

The Yo Show
January 20th, 2023, 10:18 PM

Liquor Agency near me happened to get 2 cases of Wellers Antique last weekend, and on a random whim I went after work and they had some in still.

SoDakSA
January 20th, 2023, 11:10 PM
Kwik Trip has better pizza and chicken.

I am really concerned that my first post in this mega thread could also be my last, but I'd like to point out that Hot Stuff is the far superior pizza to anything I've seen mentioned. Hell, I'd rather buy and cook my own Pizza Corner pie before eating Casey's or Trip pizza again.

Professor Chaos
January 21st, 2023, 06:30 AM
Pizza is like blowjobs... there are no bad ones but some are better than others.

ysubigred
January 21st, 2023, 06:59 AM
Well, surprised this never came up before... what is your favorite Bourbon?Angles Envy pictured above

caribbeanhen
January 21st, 2023, 07:55 AM
Well, surprised this never came up before... what is your favorite Bourbon?

Pedro

ysubigred
January 21st, 2023, 11:01 AM
My go to when I'm in a beer mode..
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230121/a340772bfa1589bc0416e7bad41f1b02.jpg

Gil Dobie
January 21st, 2023, 04:28 PM
I am really concerned that my first post in this mega thread could also be my last, but I'd like to point out that Hot Stuff is the far superior pizza to anything I've seen mentioned. Hell, I'd rather buy and cook my own Pizza Corner pie before eating Casey's or Trip pizza again.

Depends on what kind of pizza you get. Nothing with ground sausage on, is good at these place. Have to stick with pepperoni or cheese

Bisonoline
January 21st, 2023, 05:21 PM
Depends on what kind of pizza you get. Nothing with ground sausage on, is good at these place. Have to stick with pepperoni or cheese

Depends on which Caseys you go to. Not all Caseys are created equal. But Pizza Corner????? Dont think Ive ever been that hungry. Kwik Trip---boooo

Preferred Walk-On
January 21st, 2023, 06:16 PM

Two words…cruise control.

ysubigred
January 21st, 2023, 06:37 PM
Depends on which Caseys you go to. Not all Caseys are created equal. But Pizza Corner????? Dont think Ive ever been that hungry. Kwik Trip---booooWeird thing I've never had a Casey's prime time pizza,, 20 or so breakfast pizzas [emoji106]

TheKingpin28
January 21st, 2023, 08:27 PM
Pizza is like blowjobs... there are no bad ones but some are better than others.Totinos and Chuck E Cheese would like a word with you.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
January 21st, 2023, 08:38 PM
Weird thing I've never had a Casey's prime time pizza,, 20 or so breakfast pizzas [emoji106]

I usually get a few slices when Im on the road coming home from a game. The one in DL on 34 is pretty consistent. There are other that just suck.

Oh and the breakfast za is good also.

POD Knows
January 22nd, 2023, 08:36 AM
I made a lazy man’s pizza the other day. I took a large flour tortilla, spread some pizza sauce on it, put grated parm over that and then mozzarella, I had some hot sausage Hiilshire Farm sausage that I cut into thin slices and added some Serrano peppers on top of the mozzarella and cooked it at 425 for about 7 minutes and it was outstanding. The flour tortilla tasted like thin pizza crust and it took me maybe 9 minutes, start to finish to make it.

ysubigred
January 22nd, 2023, 03:07 PM
I made a lazy man’s pizza the other day. I took a large flour tortilla, spread some pizza sauce on it, put grated parm over that and then mozzarella, I had some hot sausage Hiilshire Farm sausage that I cut into thin slices and added some Serrano peppers on top of the mozzarella and cooked it at 425 for about 7 minutes and it was outstanding. The flour tortilla tasted like thin pizza crust and it took me maybe 9 minutes, start to finish to make it.LOL.. I do this for the grands. Cheap fast and no complaints.

caribbeanhen
January 22nd, 2023, 03:33 PM
Sounds like my kind of cookbook

SteelSD
January 22nd, 2023, 10:31 PM
It seems we have really gotten off topic here. Could we please return to the truly important points of this thread? Obviously the Bourbons are far more important than the soda or crappy pizza! Knob Creek 12 and Wild Turkey Rare Breed are where it’s at!

ysubigred
January 23rd, 2023, 09:58 AM
It seems we have really gotten off topic here. Could we please return to the truly important points of this thread? Obviously the Bourbons are far more important than the soda or crappy pizza! Knob Creek 12 and Wild Turkey Rare Breed are where it’s at!Ha.. both good but not as good as Angles Envy for my pallet..

The Yo Show
January 23rd, 2023, 04:23 PM
Angles Envy pictured above

I had replied before I saw that one listed. I have had that before, I do enjoy it. My favorite though is probably Blanton's with Basil Hayden being a close second. Angels Envy is probably my 3rd favorite.

ysubigred
January 23rd, 2023, 06:24 PM
I had replied before I saw that one listed. I have had that before, I do enjoy it. My favorite though is probably Blanton's with Basil Hayden being a close second. Angels Envy is probably my 3rd favorite.From the Buffalo Trace distillery Stagg Jr is the top choice of mine, Blanton's not too much. Never took a liking to Basil.. a good go too is Elijah Craig much cheaper. Really like Whistlepig also. 4 Rose's, Old Forester and Makers Mark are the most popular around here. Look out for Bardstown Bourbon.. fairly new and a knock out [emoji106]

Sycamore62
January 24th, 2023, 03:08 PM
I like the burbons listed above. Im a fan of Eagle Rare, didnt see it listed.

Coors banquet is my fav but i end up drinking light or low carb beers mostly, they are like having sex in a canoe.....F'n close to water.

mmiller_34
January 24th, 2023, 06:38 PM
SDSU has filled their 11th game. September 16th vs Drake @ Target Field in Minneapolis.

https://twitter.com/gojackssdsu/status/1618043599026790403?s=46&t=x7NZHGSqL_NhXS_xJXvs6g

Chalupa Batman
January 24th, 2023, 08:04 PM
SDSU has filled their 11th game. September 16th vs Drake @ Target Field in Minneapolis.

https://twitter.com/gojackssdsu/status/1618043599026790403?s=46&t=x7NZHGSqL_NhXS_xJXvs6g

I think it’s a game that was already scheduled. Location just changed.

mmiller_34
January 24th, 2023, 09:15 PM
I think it’s a game that was already scheduled. Location just changed.

You’re right.

Jacks still need an 11th. Could they just go with 10 tho?

Does SDSU NEED an 11th game?

Chalupa Batman
January 24th, 2023, 09:38 PM
You’re right.

They absolutely don't need one, but if they got an FBS game that would be a no-brainer. Options there are pretty limited at this point though.

JacksFan40
January 24th, 2023, 10:39 PM
You’re right.

Someone on SDSUFans is saying it’ll probably be Lindenwood, which is meh. At least it’ll count to playoff eligibility.

JacksFan40
January 25th, 2023, 10:02 AM
SDSU TE Zach Heins announced on Twitter he will be returning for 2023 as a 6th year Senior. As of right now the Jacks only lose four starters, Tucker Kraft, Caleb Sanders, Reece Winkelman, and Malik Lofton. Nearly the entire team will be returning next season, should be heavy favorites to repeat.

SDFS
January 25th, 2023, 10:51 AM
SDSU TE Zach Heins announced on Twitter he will be returning for 2023 as a 6th year Senior. As of right now the Jacks only lose four starters, Tucker Kraft, Caleb Sanders, Reece Winkelman, and Malik Lofton. Nearly the entire team will be returning next season, should be heavy favorites to repeat.

I agree SDSU should be favored. But with those guys you just don't roll out the next guy and replace them. The best you can hope for is a slight drop off.

JacksFan40
January 25th, 2023, 01:44 PM
I agree SDSU should be favored. But with those guys you just don't roll out the next guy and replace them. The best you can hope for is a slight drop off.
Lofton is replaceable, we already saw what life without Kraft was like and we did well. Losing Sanders and Winkelman are the bigger ones, but with Iowa State transfer Blake Peterson coming in at DT, I think we’ll be fine upfront.

mvfcfan
January 25th, 2023, 06:41 PM
Is Murray, KY considered part of the Midwest? I have lived in Indiana my whole life and I've always thought of KY as very Midwestern, but apparently most people consider the state Southern. I know they have Casey's and Menards in KY, so that seems pretty Midwestern to me. Lots of corn fields too. They also weren't a Confederate state.

SDFS
January 25th, 2023, 06:50 PM
Lofton is replaceable, we already saw what life without Kraft was like and we did well. Losing Sanders and Winkelman are the bigger ones, but with Iowa State transfer Blake Peterson coming in at DT, I think we’ll be fine upfront.

Agree to disagree, you are a different team when Kraft is in your offense.

Chalupa Batman
January 25th, 2023, 10:32 PM
Agree to disagree, you are a different team when Kraft is in your offense.

While Kraft was out the Jacks were breaking in 3 new offensive linemen and their 27 year old first time OC. Also Gronowski was shaking off the rust of not playing in a year and a half and gaining confidence in his knee. They looked real good in the 2nd half of the marker game, and getting Kraft back the next week made the offense lethal. The Jacks will still be very, very good on offense next year with everyone but Kraft coming back.

nodak651
January 26th, 2023, 04:10 AM
Is Murray, KY considered part of the Midwest? I have lived in Indiana my whole life and I've always thought of KY as very Midwestern, but apparently most people consider the state Southern. I know they have Casey's and Menards in KY, so that seems pretty Midwestern to me. Lots of corn fields too. They also weren't a Confederate state.

Have you heard the accent in eastern KY? NOT a midwestern accent.

Houndawg
January 26th, 2023, 04:38 AM

I'd say midwestern - I live in Illinois and about half of Kentucky is North of where I live, which is at the same latitude as Lexington or Richmond, VA. The one thing that residents of Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia have in common is that they all tell Kentucky jokes. (Q: What is the burning topic among lawyers in Kentucky?A: If you divorce your wife is she still your sister?). And they can be touchy about being reminded that they weren't a Confederate state

Houndawg
January 26th, 2023, 04:46 AM

Buffalo Trace was under $40 last time I bought it but that was pre-covid. Never cared for Scotch until my son in law bought me a bottle of Johnny Walker blue label, now I get the attraction

FUBeAR
January 26th, 2023, 08:18 AM
Dang…lose just 1 Football game and the whole place goes to ****…

https://www.valleynewslive.com/2023/01/26/ndsu-cut-jobs-two-colleges/?outputType=amp

;)

clenz
January 26th, 2023, 10:42 AM
It's as midwest as Eastern Ohio and people love to call eastern Ohio midwest.

I'd argue Murray itself is far more midwest than Youngstown, and it isn't close.

Hell, just look at a map. Murray is closer to damn never every other school than Youngstown is to basically any (completely unscientific eyeballing of a graphic, not based on actual measurement)

https://herosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/MVFC-membership-map.jpeg

EDITL: Upon looking at the graphic apparently UNI has moved from Cedar Falls to Fort Dodge or Humboldt.

POD Knows
January 26th, 2023, 11:03 AM
It's as midwest as Eastern Ohio and people love to call eastern Ohio midwest.

I'd argue Murray itself is far more midwest than Youngstown, and it isn't close.

Hell, just look at a map. Murray is closer to damn never every other school than Youngstown is to basically any (completely unscientific eyeballing of a graphic, not based on actual measurement)

https://herosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/MVFC-membership-map.jpeg

EDITL: Upon looking at the graphic apparently UNI has moved from Cedar Falls to Fort Dodge or Humboldt.Agree, eastern Ohio is rust belt, Youngstown is not the Midwest in any shape or form.

uni88
January 26th, 2023, 11:48 AM
Agree, eastern Ohio is rust belt, Youngstown is not the Midwest in any shape or form.

Detroit, Chicago and Milwaukee are rust belt as well. Are they not part of the Midwest?

Youngstown is on the edge but Ohio is just as Midwestern as the Dakotas if not more so.

POD Knows
January 26th, 2023, 12:03 PM
Detroit, Chicago and Milwaukee are rust belt as well. Are they not part of the Midwest?

Youngstown is on the edge but Ohio is just as Midwestern as the Dakotas if not more so.
Youngstown could just as well be in PA, not Midwest. As for major dumpster fire urban areas, they can join the NE along with the other urban **** holes in that area. Don’t really care. When I think of Midwest, I think of AG and rural areas. I guess if you have to include the entire state as a whole to a region, then yea, I suppose Youngstown is Midwest but it is a Midwest outlier at best

Chalupa Batman
January 26th, 2023, 12:27 PM
Bison hire Southern Illinois defensive coordinator Jason Petrino for the same position.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/jason-petrino-tabbed-as-next-bison-defensive-coordinator

uni88
January 26th, 2023, 04:33 PM
Youngstown could just as well be in PA, not Midwest. As for major dumpster fire urban areas, they can join the NE along with the other urban **** holes in that area. Don’t really care. When I think of Midwest, I think of AG and rural areas. I guess if you have to include the entire state as a whole to a region, then yea, I suppose Youngstown is Midwest but it is a Midwest outlier at best

Midwestern AG = corn, soybeans and pork. If you're growing wheat you're in Heartland/Plains not Midwest.

clenz
January 26th, 2023, 04:42 PM
Midwestern AG = corn, soybeans and pork. If you're growing wheat you're in Heartland/Plains not Midwest.
Iowa grows wheat - though not much of it.

Is Iowa no longer midwest?

Or just those specific acres of land no longer midwest?

It wasn't until post-1900 that wheat production fell off in this state for corn and soybeans. Corn was largely only crown for livestock and used on the farm. Wheat was the primary breadwinner for a lot of Iowa. It wasn't until the other, dryer, states in the upper midwest started growing wheat that Iowa transitioned to corn. Soybeans didn't take off until the 30s.

Before 1900, Iowa was America’s breadbasket by growing wheat (desmoinesregister.com) (https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/life/2022/03/26/iowa-farming-history-1800-s-wheat-production-ross-elevator/9458275002/)

mvfcfan
January 26th, 2023, 05:05 PM
I grew up on the IN / IL state line and I've always considered every state that borders Indiana and Illinois as Midwestern, plus Minnesota. As I've gotten older and traveled more, I think the Great Plains states (Oklahoma through N Dakota) are mostly Midwestern with an asterisk. They are certainly different than the rest of what I'd consider the core of the Midwest, especially the western halves of those states.

Paladin1aa
January 27th, 2023, 10:30 AM
I grew up on the IN / IL state line and I've always considered every state that borders Indiana and Illinois as Midwestern, plus Minnesota. As I've gotten older and traveled more, I think the Great Plains states (Oklahoma through N Dakota) are mostly Midwestern with an asterisk. They are certainly different than the rest of what I'd consider the core of the Midwest, especially the western halves of those states.

Agree. The Plains states are not really midwestern. You would be surprised that just 10 miles from Youngstown in any direction in Ohio you will find major farmland and large animal farms ( dairy, beef cattle, chickens, pork, corn, grains, soybean, orchards and wineries) and assorted plant farms that are much in line with the “Midwest”. Ne Ohio also has an influx of Amish and their horse driven carriages. Yet, inter city, the “rust” of the Midwest is evident after closure of steel mills and heavy manufacturing in Ytown, similar to the fates of most midwestern cities. Its slowly evolving here with electric vehicle plants, electrical battery plants and specialty technology firms. Definitely midwestern, not Eastern.

JacksFan40
January 27th, 2023, 10:31 AM
Minnesota and Wisconsin are what I consider to be the most Midwestern of states, and should be used as the base standard. Eastern SD/ND and most of Iowa are very similar to most of Minnesota/Wisconsin. Illinois seems similar as well. Western SD/ND and Eastern Ohio aren't very Midwestern.

uni88
January 27th, 2023, 11:03 AM
Iowa grows wheat - though not much of it.

Is Iowa no longer midwest?

Or just those specific acres of land no longer midwest?

It wasn't until post-1900 that wheat production fell off in this state for corn and soybeans. Corn was largely only crown for livestock and used on the farm. Wheat was the primary breadwinner for a lot of Iowa. It wasn't until the other, dryer, states in the upper midwest started growing wheat that Iowa transitioned to corn. Soybeans didn't take off until the 30s.

Before 1900, Iowa was America’s breadbasket by growing wheat (desmoinesregister.com) (https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/life/2022/03/26/iowa-farming-history-1800-s-wheat-production-ross-elevator/9458275002/)

The term midwest came about to describe what used to the Northwest Ordinance so you could make an argument that Iowa isn't midwest. Eventually Iowa, Missouri and the rest of Minnesota came to be considered part of the midwest as well. You could you make an argument for including Kansas through the Dakotas but Ohio is more OG midwest than any of those.

I was talking about current crops grown in the core midwest. Wheat is not currently a primary crop there.

ST_Lawson
January 27th, 2023, 12:03 PM
What states are considered "midwest": https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-states-are-in-the-midwest/
I pretty much agree with that. I think maybe the eastern 1/3 of the Dakotas are also "midwest", but you get much further (especially past the MO river) and you're in the plains.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/hickey-map-midwest2.png?w=610

clenz
January 27th, 2023, 12:31 PM
and that map is why using an entire state as the cut off for a region is dumb.

SD and ND take a big hit for "no" because the western half of the state. The eastern 1/3-1/2 of the state is midwest, the other half is not.

There is zero justification to consider PA or WV midwest even if I'm willing to concede all of OH, which I'm not.

ST_Lawson
January 27th, 2023, 01:03 PM
There is zero justification to consider PA or WV midwest even if I'm willing to concede all of OH, which I'm not.

Any of the ones in that 10% range are, I'm betting, just idiots who don't know geography and don't know the difference between Iowa and Idaho. Lop off those 10% or fewer ones around the edges, and that's pretty much the "midwest".

BeamMeUp
January 27th, 2023, 01:33 PM
I don't know any human that comes to Youngstown and then leaves saying it is part of the Northeast or Mid Atlantic. Very rust belt, still quite blue collar, synonymous with quite a few cities in the Great Lakes/Midwest.

Youngstown isn't anything like Boston, Providence, NYC, Philly, DC in terms of its people or its economy.

POD Knows
January 27th, 2023, 02:13 PM
I don't know any human that comes to Youngstown and then leaves saying it is part of the Northeast or Mid Atlantic. Very rust belt, still quite blue collar, synonymous with quite a few cities in the Great Lakes/Midwest.

Youngstown isn't anything like Boston, Providence, NYC, Philly, DC in terms of its people or its economy.
Youngstown is further east than Charlotte. It is about 300 miles as the crow flies to the Atlantic. It is not Midwest.

SteelSD
January 27th, 2023, 02:43 PM
Those of us in the Dakota's know that we live in God's country. We will leave the "Midwest" semantics to the rest of you!

ysubigred
January 27th, 2023, 03:12 PM
Youngstown is further east than Charlotte. It is about 300 miles as the crow flies to the Atlantic. It is not Midwest.Best of both worlds a beach community set in the Midwest Youngstown Oh10..

This Ytown bashing coming from a **** hole dewller living in a place known as Fartngo. Gesshhh..

POD Knows
January 27th, 2023, 03:21 PM
Best of both worlds a beach community set in the Midwest Youngstown Oh10..

This Ytown bashing coming from a **** hole dewller living in a place known as Fartngo. Gesshhh..

Dude, I have been to Youngstown multiple times. Fargo is the Garden of Eden compared to Youngstown and Fargo ain’t that great and I don’t live in Fargo. 😄

ysubigred
January 27th, 2023, 05:30 PM
Dude, I have been to Youngstown multiple times. Fargo is the Garden of Eden compared to Youngstown and Fargo ain’t that great and I don’t live in Fargo. [emoji1]Ytown is the meca of perfection.. don't forget it.. and where you live ugh..

Got some swamp land in AZ I'll sell ya [emoji41]

uni88
January 27th, 2023, 05:33 PM
Dude, I have been to Youngstown multiple times. Fargo is the Garden of Eden compared to Youngstown and Fargo is a herpes sore on Canada's scrotum. 😄

FYP xsmiley_wix

ysubigred
January 27th, 2023, 05:54 PM
FYP xsmiley_wixFigured a Peter puffer like you would desire a Canucks scrotum.. [emoji6]

mvfcfan
January 27th, 2023, 06:58 PM
Minnesota and Wisconsin are what I consider to be the most Midwestern of states, and should be used as the base standard. Eastern SD/ND and most of Iowa are very similar to most of Minnesota/Wisconsin. Illinois seems similar as well. Western SD/ND and Eastern Ohio aren't very Midwestern.

I'd probably go with Iowa lol. The whole state is a giant corn field. The place needs to get with Minnesota and Missouri though and raise the speed limit on the 2 lane highways to 60. Going 55 in Iowa is miserably slow.

uni88
January 27th, 2023, 07:10 PM
Figured a Peter puffer like you would desire a Canucks scrotum.. [emoji6]

North Dakota is Canada's scrotum. Leave your fantasies out of this.

ysubigred
January 27th, 2023, 07:11 PM
North Dakota is Canada's scrotum. Leave your fantasies out of this.Umm you mentioned scrotums.. just sayin.

ysubigred
January 27th, 2023, 07:14 PM
Not to hijack the thread again. Just got back from a new tasting event..

This will strip lead paint off the wall and tastes like heaven.

Newest addition to the collection.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230128/a56bfe9c1a85ed5ffc17899720c3aefd.jpg

ysubigred
January 27th, 2023, 07:53 PM
I'd probably go with Iowa lol. The whole state is a giant corn field. The place needs to get with Minnesota and Missouri though and raise the speed limit on the 2 lane highways to 60. Going 55 in Iowa is miserably slow.No modern day wheel holder drives 55

I can't drive 55, that's a song you know.. [emoji3]

uni88
January 27th, 2023, 08:40 PM
Umm you mentioned scrotums.. just sayin.

But you’re the one who started salivating at the mention. :D

atthewbon
January 27th, 2023, 10:27 PM
As someone not from the midwest I’ve always considered Ohio to the eastern Dakotas midwest. As a state I’d say Ohio is more “midwest” than the Dakotas and even Iowa for that matter. I’ve been to Youngstown and it does definitely have the “rust belt” feel but large parts of the rust belt and the midwest share a lot of the same area.

BeamMeUp
January 27th, 2023, 11:17 PM
Not to hijack the thread again. Just got back from a new tasting event..

This will strip lead paint off the wall and tastes like heaven.

Newest addition to the collection.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230128/a56bfe9c1a85ed5ffc17899720c3aefd.jpg

You missed YSU MBB's big win tonight on ESPN2. Beeghly was electric!

BEAM

ysubigred
January 28th, 2023, 02:58 AM
You missed YSU MBB's big win tonight on ESPN2. Beeghly was electric!

BEAMIf the ball is round it's not a sport.. lol.

Squeezed out a W against a 9-13 Okland team should be electric I see. Guns are usually sitting at about 9-13 this time of year themselves.

GooooGuins!

Gil Dobie
January 28th, 2023, 08:26 AM
North Dakota is Canada's scrotum. Leave your fantasies out of this.

Don't really see anything wrong with Canada. Grew up with many friends from up north. Dated a girl that was very fine. Until you've seen Strawberry Delite, Miss Hard Body Canada in person, don’t knock them. I do remember reading about the Iowa woman in the bathroom stalls in the metrodome doing it for free.

"A Carroll, Iowa, woman who was caught having sex at an Iowa Hawkeyes football game Saturday night at the Metrodome in Minneapolis said she’d had so much wine before kickoff that she doesn’t remember walking into a men’s restroom, the man she had sex with in a stall or the police opening the door."

ysubigred
January 28th, 2023, 09:12 AM
But you’re the one who started salivating at the mention. :D

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOk.. but we all know bout yous Iowa boyzz.. [emoji1783]

OSRacer
February 6th, 2023, 09:32 AM
As a Murray State fan, I’ll give this a shot. I know we have a very tall order to compete in the MVFC.
2023 Prediction

SDSU
NDSU
UNI
SIU
Ill State
UND
USD
Mo State
YSU
Ind State
Murray State
WIU

There is no logical reason to pick us anywhere but last but didn’t have the heart. Looking forward to competing with some of the best programs in college football. We have a ton of work to do just to complete.

nodak651
February 24th, 2023, 10:20 AM
MVFC Commissioner was on a podcast with UND's AD a couple days ago. Said they are currently renegotiating their deal with ESPN. I believe the deal runs through the end of next year, but given that they are already in talks about this, perhaps we will see a new deal come this fall. Hopefully they get rid of the stupid and poorly produced game of the week unless it's actually on linear national tv.

Professor Chaos
February 24th, 2023, 10:32 AM
MVFC Commissioner was on a podcast with UND's AD a couple days ago. Said they are currently renegotiating their deal with ESPN. I believe the deal runs through the end of next year, but given that they are already in talks about this, perhaps we will see a new deal come this fall. Hopefully they get rid of the stupid and poorly produced game of the week unless it's actually on linear national tv.
I would hope the MVFC could get a similar deal to the Big Sky where they get a few games a year broadcast on ESPN2 or ESPNU. That might come down to schools needing to play later in the day though since the typical MVFC kickoff times between 1-4PM CT are already overloaded with games from FBS leagues ESPN has contracts for.

nodak651
February 24th, 2023, 03:09 PM
I would hope the MVFC could get a similar deal to the Big Sky where they get a few games a year broadcast on ESPN2 or ESPNU. That might come down to schools needing to play later in the day though since the typical MVFC kickoff times between 1-4PM CT are already overloaded with games from FBS leagues ESPN has contracts for.

Would be fine by me. I noticed that CBSSN purchased the rights from ESPN for 12 MAC football games, annually, in a deal that just ended (runs through the end of the 2022-23 season). Haven't seen anywhere that talks about whether or not that deal will be renewed. I mention that because that could be another path to linear TV and it is similar to the way CUSA worked with both companies. I don't think there's any chance that the MVFC or at least the Dakota schools would have anything to do with an agreement that moves games away from Saturday, though, considering how far our so many of our fans typically travel for games. I hope we get some CBSSN games and that CBSSN finds that they can maybe pay less for the MVFC rights without meaningful viewership loss.

Patty said that they were working with Leona on the TV rights, and I assume that this is the same company, which looks to be pretty impressive: https://leonamarketinggroup.com/our-clients-copy/
Thankfully, this is a different company than that which worked with the CAA to get their FloSports and CBSSN (basketball) deal put together, but it doesn't look like they worked with the Big Sky either.
Leona did just work with Hockey East on their new media deals though, which are with NESN and ESPN: "The arrangement calls for 50 games on NESN and four games on ESPN. All 350 men’s and women’s games will be streamed on ESPN+, even if they’re also televised on NESN. (https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Daily/Issues/2022/04/06/Media/Hockey-East.aspx)" (pretty sure they mean ESPN Networks, such as ESPNU). Fairly similar to the Big Sky.

On don't know if WDAY streams NDSU football games, but I know Midco streams all of the games that they broadcast. This could be a potential issue if ESPN wants the right to exclusively stream content. This isn't insurmountable though. The contract between UND and Midco states that Midco will supply a free broadcast feed to conference streaming partners, but I'd think ESPN would want exclusivity. The NCHC has exclusive streaming rights and Midco doesn't stream those games, so maybe it wouldn't be a big deal. Another issue could be if ESPN doesn't want away teams to have a second TV broadcast (making away fans watch on ESPN+).

nodak651
February 24th, 2023, 03:18 PM
https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1629173014662111234?s=46&t=wvY10T8JWRv6OGZ3FkrpNg

Speaking of the Big Sky

ST_Lawson
February 25th, 2023, 10:25 AM
Hopefully they get rid of the stupid and poorly produced game of the week unless it's actually on linear national tv.

But...those are the best looking broadcasts for WIU home games. It's the only time we don't have students doing (trying to do...failing to do) everything.

nodak651
February 25th, 2023, 10:53 AM
But...those are the best looking broadcasts for WIU home games. It's the only time we don't have students doing (trying to do...failing to do) everything.

Good point. You can have em all :)

bonarae
April 22nd, 2023, 06:32 PM
Two months since the last post?!

Fresh new item for UNI... UNI-Dome finally up for renovation.

https://www.kwwl.com/news/board-of-regents-approves-uni-dome-renovation-plan/article_dfa74fa6-e067-11ed-bfca-4f6cded34b9b.html

Redbird 4th & short
April 24th, 2023, 08:35 AM
As a Murray State fan, I’ll give this a shot. I know we have a very tall order to compete in the MVFC.
2023 Prediction

SDSU
NDSU
UNI
SIU
Ill State
UND
USD
Mo State
YSU
Ind State
Murray State
WIU

There is no logical reason to pick us anywhere but last but didn’t have the heart. Looking forward to competing with some of the best programs in college football. We have a ton of work to do just to complete.

Welcome OSRacer ... and good luck this fall !

Just a heads up on ISUr, our defense was decimated after last season .. graduations and a couple portal transfers, who could return. Right now, we have 2 returning starters. Offensively, we could be pretty good. Last year, we had brand new OC and decent FBS transfer QB Annexstad (from Minny), but limited depth, and couple key injuries killed our offense last year. This year, the offense lookks good so far, especially if/when RB Cole Mueller comes back full strength. So it is not a normal year at ISUr when our normmally strong defense is way behind our normally questionabel offense during spring ball. This will probably carry-over into fall.

Our best chance this fall is we have our easiest schedule I can ever recall. No FBS due to buyout, not even one good FCS nonconf, and then no NDSU. We could go 7-4 and be mediocre. But we won't go 7-4 unless our defense surprises sooner than later. Spack always rebuilds or reloads his defenses .... question is will this one take weeks or months into next fall. Our first 4 games are the easiest part of our schedule .. so that could help our defense find itself by time we play SDSU in week 6, after 4 easier games and a bye week.

So I don't currently see a 5th place finish. If defense comes around sooner than expected as of right now, then i can see it assuming our offense continues on current trajectory. We haven't had a QB that could throw it 30+ per game when asked to since 2016 SO version of Kolbe, who fizzled after that season. We shall see.

nodak651
April 24th, 2023, 08:44 AM

https://www.kwwl.com/news/board-of-regents-approves-uni-dome-renovation-plan/article_dfa74fa6-e067-11ed-bfca-4f6cded34b9b.html

Congrats on that! Should help to pump some excitement into the program after kind of stagnating as the 3rd mvfc program.

Has the fcs Facebook page killed this website? I think it has, which is unfortunate, because that form of conversation SUCKS, as there's no in-depth or ongoing discussion. Really sucks as an fcs fan since there isnt much coverage elsewhere in regard to national fcs coverage.

Professor Chaos
April 24th, 2023, 08:58 AM
Congrats on that! Should help to pump some excitement into the program after kind of stagnating as the 3rd mvfc program.

Has the fcs Facebook page killed this website? I think it has, which is unfortunate, because that form of conversation SUCKS, as there's no in-depth or ongoing discussion. Really sucks as an fcs fan since there isnt much coverage elsewhere in regard to national fcs coverage.
The offseason is typically slow on the FCS Discussion board but the MVFC talk has tailed off over the last few years. Personally, I think that's because there's less NDSU chest beating or less resistance to the NDSU chest beating that does happen than their used to be. We could've certainly seen that tick up over this offseason though with SDSU surpassing NDSU last year and looking that way again next year but there aren't many SDSU fans posting on this board as their used to be in my recollection - and the ones that do aren't doing much peacocking which is fine by me.

The board might be slowing overall though. The all-time record for visits in a 24 hour period was back in November 2019. There's more options now to pontificate about the FCS with Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, et al. Quantity isn't quality though and I still think AGS is one of the best places for reasonable and knowledgeable discourse when it comes to the FCS - we just slumber from early January until August or so. :)

atthewbon
April 24th, 2023, 09:16 AM
The FCS reddit is pretty dead in the offseason, at least this year. The Facebook is pretty dry rn as well. I find AGS to be by far the best place for FCS discussion. I think what keeps other FBS message boards more active in the offseason is recruiting and the transfer portal and how crazy it continues to be. There isn't much of that in the FCS.

I know someone created a summit league message board a while ago but that never seemed to catch on.

nodak651
April 24th, 2023, 01:56 PM
The FCS reddit is pretty dead in the offseason, at least this year. The Facebook is pretty dry rn as well. I find AGS to be by far the best place for FCS discussion. I think what keeps other FBS message boards more active in the offseason is recruiting and the transfer portal and how crazy it continues to be. There isn't much of that in the FCS.

I know someone created a summit league message board a while ago but that never seemed to catch on.

I think the Summit League message board could work if it was done correctly. A Summit message board would be successful if it had links on the main page that link directly to active team message boards, and team message boards would need to be created for teams that don't have message boards, such as St. Thomas, Denver, and Omaha (mav puck doesn't count). Could also have an RSS page on the main page that shows recent FCS/Summit League news and tweets (this part would be similar to the siouxsports.com landing page I suppose).

The main issue though is that whoever started that Summit League board only gave it a few months, and I think he created new posts almost every day, which buried actual discussion. Things like that need time to accumulate a user base.

clenz
April 24th, 2023, 03:33 PM

https://www.kwwl.com/news/board-of-regents-approves-uni-dome-renovation-plan/article_dfa74fa6-e067-11ed-bfca-4f6cded34b9b.htmlAHAHAHAHAHA.

If it ever gets done.

Not worth getting into but this ****ing reno has been "on the books" for 6 years now with this AD. Genuinely, introduced as part of a 5-year strategic plan in 2017. 6 years later and we have a total of just 20% of the funds raised. If you're bored I can send links to about 10 different threads on the UNI forums that go in insane detail how badly everything with this has been handled.

20% of the funding raised in 6 years of a $50m project that was projected at 50m 6 years ago. For 50m now we might get a quarter of what the plan was actually for.

So basically nothing.

nodak651
April 24th, 2023, 04:03 PM
MVFC "deal" with ESPN expires soon. Patty V. was on Bill Chave's podcast earlier this year, and she said they were working with Leona (https://leonamarketinggroup.com/our-clients-copy/) to renogiate their deal with ESPN (or I'm guessing look elsewhere if they can't reach an agreement). Any guesses on what the next media deal looks like? Will it be with ESPN, CBSSN, or someone else? Will ESPN want exclusivity in a new deal (that has kind of been ESPN's strategy lately)? If so, that would be a problem for many of the schools. What are your guesses, and does the league get paid?

ESPN and the Missouri Valley Football Conference have announced a multi-year agreement that will provide increased coverage of conference games on ESPN3 through the 2023 season. (https://valley-football.org/news/2016/2/1/IMPORTED_STORY_8591_131417833977605271.aspx?path=f ootball)
“The most far reaching way to showcase the Missouri Valley Football Conference is by distributing our games and our goal is to make all of our games – conference and non-conference – available to our fans,” said Commissioner Patty Viverito. “We are elated with this agreement with ESPN and, this fall and in every year of the contract, we will have more than 50 Valley football games available on ESPN3 nationwide.” (https://valley-football.org/news/2016/2/1/IMPORTED_STORY_8591_131417833977605271.aspx?path=f ootball)
 As part of the deal, ESPN, the Missouri Valley Football Conference and its 10 member institutions will work jointly to air all conference games and most non-conference home games on ESPN3 throughout the length of the agreement. During each year of the term, the MVFC will produce an eight-game exclusive package -- available only on the league's conference channel on WatchESPN (Valley Football on ESPN3). MVFC institutions will continue to broadcast other games as part of their regional sports package or institutionally produced content, but any game that is televised will also be available on ESPN3. (https://valley-football.org/news/2016/2/1/IMPORTED_STORY_8591_131417833977605271.aspx?path=f ootball)

Professor Chaos
April 24th, 2023, 08:53 PM
MVFC "deal" with ESPN expires soon. Patty V. was on Bill Chave's podcast earlier this year, and she said they were working with Leona (https://leonamarketinggroup.com/our-clients-copy/) to renogiate their deal with ESPN (or I'm guessing look elsewhere if they can't reach an agreement). Any guesses on what the next media deal looks like? Will it be with ESPN, CBSSN, or someone else? Will ESPN want exclusivity in a new deal (that has kind of been ESPN's strategy lately)? If so, that would be a problem for many of the schools. What are your guesses, and does the league get paid?

ESPN and the Missouri Valley Football Conference have announced a multi-year agreement that will provide increased coverage of conference games on ESPN3 through the 2023 season. (https://valley-football.org/news/2016/2/1/IMPORTED_STORY_8591_131417833977605271.aspx?path=f ootball)
“The most far reaching way to showcase the Missouri Valley Football Conference is by distributing our games and our goal is to make all of our games – conference and non-conference – available to our fans,” said Commissioner Patty Viverito. “We are elated with this agreement with ESPN and, this fall and in every year of the contract, we will have more than 50 Valley football games available on ESPN3 nationwide.” (https://valley-football.org/news/2016/2/1/IMPORTED_STORY_8591_131417833977605271.aspx?path=f ootball)
 As part of the deal, ESPN, the Missouri Valley Football Conference and its 10 member institutions will work jointly to air all conference games and most non-conference home games on ESPN3 throughout the length of the agreement. During each year of the term, the MVFC will produce an eight-game exclusive package -- available only on the league's conference channel on WatchESPN (Valley Football on ESPN3). MVFC institutions will continue to broadcast other games as part of their regional sports package or institutionally produced content, but any game that is televised will also be available on ESPN3. (https://valley-football.org/news/2016/2/1/IMPORTED_STORY_8591_131417833977605271.aspx?path=f ootball)
Didn't the Big Sky just negotiate an ESPN deal that allows the Montana schools (and whoever else in the conference that wants) to have their own broadcast outside of the nationally televised games on the ESPN networks? That deal was agreed to in 2021 and I see a lot of Montana's game last year were on MTN (Montana Television Network): https://gogriz.com/sports/football/schedule/2022

Or are you referring to streaming exclusivity? I didn't think SDSU, USD, and UND football games were a part of Midco Plus but I could be mistaken there.

SDFS
April 24th, 2023, 09:36 PM
Didn't the Big Sky just negotiate an ESPN deal that allows the Montana schools (and whoever else in the conference that wants) to have their own broadcast outside of the nationally televised games on the ESPN networks? That deal was agreed to in 2021 and I see a lot of Montana's game last year were on MTN (Montana Television Network): https://gogriz.com/sports/football/schedule/2022

Or are you referring to streaming exclusivity? I didn't think SDSU, USD, and UND football games were a part of Midco Plus but I could be mistaken there.

Actually, SDSU, USD and UND games were on Midco Plus. In addition, they showed multiple UND roads games also. So, I am not sure what this means. But, the MVFC and Summit League and NCHC need to get on the same page for sports broadcasts.. They are all over the map right now.

nodak651
April 25th, 2023, 03:13 AM

I am referring to linear. I may be wrong, but I haven't seen anywhere that the Big Sky's TV deal was worth very much, and if it was, I would think we would have heard about it. The difference between the Big Sky and the MVFC is that the Big Sky owns the TV/Streaming rights to all in-conference matchups, whereas the MVFC schools still own their own media rights. Some of the MVFC schools have legitimate TV deals in place, and the conference will have to factor those deals into their decision making process. Since Midco was brought up, they want to stream all of the games that they televise and more, but they will also provide the streams to conference media partners for free. If the Summit league were to work with ESPN, I think the amount of money the league gets will probably depend somewhat on whether or not games are exclusive to ESPN/ESPN+ (meaning both streaming and linear TV). I guess my point is that there could be better options available than ESPN.

The CAA went with Flo rather than ESPN, due in part because of their flexibility with existing TV contracts. Leagues like CUSA and the Sun Belt gave up their local rights as well, I believe. Hockey East, which signed a deal with ESPN, is going to continue getting games on NESN in future years, but potentially only because ESPN will be selling the rights to NESN for whatever games they air (speculation).

https://herosports.com/fcs-caa-football-stay-flosports-bzbz/The CAA and FloSports have been partners since 2019. It hasn’t been a popular subscription platform for CAA fans and FCS fans hoping to watch Colonial football games. A majority of FCS games are available on ESPN+. The CAA’s renewal announcement with Flo was not met with positivity on social media.
However, talking with administrators at a few different schools, it’s clear the CAA and most of its members preferred better linear local TV coverage opportunities over more convenient national streaming access.

“The money allows the conference to have a great hoops package with CBS Sports and allows the schools to get games on local linear networks, which is huge for revenue income and local exposure. Our games go to 15.5 million homes in the #1 and #4 media markets in the US. ESPN offers mid-major conferences a fraction of the rights fee and severely limits the amount of linear broadcasts allowed.”

Another school administrator added, “Schools want the opportunity to use regional cable for games, which ESPN stream only wants games exclusively.”

nodak651
April 25th, 2023, 03:37 AM

Actually, SDSU, USD and UND games were on Midco Plus. In addition, they showed multiple UND roads games also. So, I am not sure what this means. But, the MVFC and Summit League and NCHC need to get on the same page for sports broadcasts.. They are all over the map right now.

Come to think of it, he could be thinking of hockey, which isn't on Midco Plus, because the hockey conference has exclusive rights to streaming (NCHC.TV)?

I have always felt like Midco created Midco Plus as a way to position themselves as kind of a mini ESPN+ in order to land a streaming contract with the Summit League. I haven't thought of whether or not they would try to make an offer for a streaming deal with the MVFC (with someone like CBSSN on the linear side, similar to hockey). It goes without saying that there's a multitude of reasons as to why this wouldn't happen, but I'm curious what they would offer. They no doubt would love to have the exposure to NDSU for both ad sales and weekday talk shows, and removing ESPN from the picture would help to drive a return on the infrastructure and services they already pay for with USD, SDSU, and UND. Streaming rights for the rest of the conference would be gravy. Most of the schools will probably want the national reach of ESPN+ no matter what the money looks like, however.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 28th, 2023, 09:02 AM
Bison or bust: Mountain West should pursue North Dakota State if San Diego State bolts - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/bison-or-bust-mountain-west-should-pursue-north-dakota-state-if-san-diego-state-bolts)

Hope this invite happens. Football only would be fine also.

FCS is watered down and FBS is where NDSU needs to be IMO.

ysubigred
June 28th, 2023, 09:10 AM
Bison or bust: Mountain West should pursue North Dakota State if San Diego State bolts - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/bison-or-bust-mountain-west-should-pursue-north-dakota-state-if-san-diego-state-bolts)

Hope this invite happens. Football only would be fine also.

FCS is watered down and FBS is where NDSU needs to be IMO.I agree.. The only problem I see is the stadium situation.. the Fargo dome is nice, but truthfully, it's a bit small for FBS standards.

My opinion NDSU should of been gone 7 years ago.. makes winning at the FSC level look too easy.

clenz
June 28th, 2023, 11:47 AM
The FBS is going to need to change their conference rules.

There are no affiliates allowed in football at the FBS level and then basketball, etc. for the "main" sports in all of D1

Gil Dobie
June 28th, 2023, 12:02 PM
Is this the year UNI gets to Frisco?

clenz
June 28th, 2023, 01:43 PM
Probably not

atthewbon
June 28th, 2023, 01:54 PM
https://twitter.com/samherderfcs/status/1674125346642317321?s=46&t=LiebPekwplvKDIgyArVI4A

Anyone thinking of moving up is going to need to write a big check…

SDFS
June 28th, 2023, 02:13 PM
The FBS is going to need to change their conference rules.

There are no affiliates allowed in football at the FBS level and then basketball, etc. for the "main" sports in all of D1

I know that Army (Ind/PL), Navy (AAC/PL), Notre Dame (Ind/ACC) and Hawaii (MW/Big West) all have some type of unique football arrangement. What would make NDSU different?

ysubigred
June 28th, 2023, 03:17 PM
I know that Army (Ind/PL), Navy (AAC/PL), Notre Dame (Ind/ACC) and Hawaii (MW/Big West) all have some type of unique football arrangement. What would make NDSU different?$$$$$$$$$$

clenz
June 28th, 2023, 04:14 PM
I know that Army (Ind/PL), Navy (AAC/PL), Notre Dame (Ind/ACC) and Hawaii (MW/Big West) all have some type of unique football arrangement. What would make NDSU different?

You’re comparing the service academies to NDSU for arrangements?

Hawaii also gets a special waiver due to the travel issues

Notre Dame (and Army) isn’t an affiliate in Indy. They just are independent. Liberty was Indy. UMASS, NMSU, BYU, Navy, etc have all spent time as an Indy.

If NDSU wants to move up and be Indy then that’s an option, because Liberty’s money forced the NCAAs hands on that rule.

I highly doubt the NCAA give an exemption to affiliate in the MWC. What extenuating circumstance would warrant an exception?

SDFS
June 28th, 2023, 09:00 PM
You’re comparing the service academies to NDSU for arrangements?

Hawaii also gets a special waiver due to the travel issues

Notre Dame (and Army) isn’t an affiliate in Indy. They just are independent. Liberty was Indy. UMASS, NMSU, BYU, Navy, etc have all spent time as an Indy.

If NDSU wants to move up and be Indy then that’s an option, because Liberty’s money forced the NCAAs hands on that rule.

I highly doubt the NCAA give an exemption to affiliate in the MWC. What extenuating circumstance would warrant an exception?

I didn't know that Navy and Hawaii had waivers. So, if NDSU goes MW it is all or nothing unless they get a waiver. And I don't see grounds for an exemption. Thanks for the clarification.

AmsterBison
June 29th, 2023, 11:48 AM
https://twitter.com/samherderfcs/status/1674125346642317321?s=46&t=LiebPekwplvKDIgyArVI4A (https://twitter.com/samherderfcs/status/1674125346642317321?s=46&t=LiebPekwplvKDIgyArVI4A)

Anyone thinking of moving up is going to need to write a big check…

NDSU's plan is to have the rest of the FCS pay them to leave.

POD Knows
June 29th, 2023, 11:55 AM
NDSU's plan is to have the rest of the FCS pay them to leave.You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AmsterBison again.

xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxl maox

Redbird 4th & short
June 30th, 2023, 06:22 AM
NDSU's plan is to have the rest of the FCS pay them to leave.

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-c6d8d46e5874da0c033a60cb5d5c6cd5-lq

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 4th, 2023, 08:54 AM
McFeely: AAC commissioner says NDSU football 'outstanding,' but mum on Bison's chances of joining league - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/mcfeely-aac-commissioner-says-ndsu-football-outstanding-but-mum-on-bisons-chances-of-joining-league)

Interesting read.

For me, the longer NDSU is in the FCS, the more I want them out. I'd up my donation for this also.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 4th, 2023, 09:00 AM
The Valley expands, while the Summit shrinks; July 1 sees conference shakeup for NDSU and UND - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/the-valley-expands-while-the-summit-shrinks-july-1-sees-conference-shakeup-for-ndsu-and-und)

Valley football loses a bottom feeder and accepts another.

The Yo Show
July 4th, 2023, 05:56 PM
When is MVFC preseason media days again? I tried looking on the conference website and couldn't find it.

ST_Lawson
July 4th, 2023, 06:04 PM
The Valley expands, while the Summit shrinks; July 1 sees conference shakeup for NDSU and UND - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/the-valley-expands-while-the-summit-shrinks-july-1-sees-conference-shakeup-for-ndsu-and-und)
Valley football loses a bottom feeder and accepts another.

Football-wise, we're not leaving until next year (it would royally screw up scheduling for everyone if we jumped to the OVC in football this fall). So, 2023 will be the only year that both Murray State and WIU are in the same league together (although we're not scheduled to play each other in the conference schedule this year). 2024 is when our football (and Men's soccer, actually) joins the OVC.

Professor Chaos
July 5th, 2023, 06:47 AM
When is MVFC preseason media days again? I tried looking on the conference website and couldn't find it.
Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but it's usually not until early August and they're usually one of the last FCS leagues to have one.

McCowboys
July 5th, 2023, 08:37 AM

August 1st

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2023, 11:59 AM
Football-wise, we're not leaving until next year (it would royally screw up scheduling for everyone if we jumped to the OVC in football this fall). So, 2023 will be the only year that both Murray State and WIU are in the same league together (although we're not scheduled to play each other in the conference schedule this year). 2024 is when our football (and Men's soccer, actually) joins the OVC.

Knew that about this year's schedule.

Now WIU can compete in a subpar league.

bonarae
July 20th, 2023, 06:11 AM
Poor season ticket sales have tempered the expectations of NDSU fans... agree or disagree? xchinscratchx

Professor Chaos
July 20th, 2023, 06:28 AM
Poor season ticket sales have tempered the expectations of NDSU fans... agree or disagree? xchinscratchx
Just a continuation of a trend of Bison fan apathy that's been ongoing for at least 5 years now. Combine that with having the most expensive ticket prices in the FCS and an underwhelming home schedule (to put it nicely) and this is what happens.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 21st, 2023, 06:33 AM

Some of both.

Home schedule sucks: conference schedule is what it is....should split up UND and SDSU in scheduling

Maine
Central Arkansas
South Dakota
Western Illinois
Murray State
SIU

Our AD has put together some crappy future schedules IMO. I'll be down at US Bank for the 1st game but the opponent is pathetic and the game will not draw too well IMO. St Thomas would have been the best opponent for this. Either UND or SDSU would be a good game down there but neither of the teams would give up a home game for this.

bonarae
July 21st, 2023, 06:35 AM
St Thomas would have been the best opponent for this. Either UND or SDSU would be a good game down there but neither of the teams would give up a home game for this.

Yeah, I agree. xsighx But they chose to play the following: a D2, the Jacks and the Crimson... xdontknowx

bonarae
July 21st, 2023, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I agree. xsighx But they chose to play the following: a D2, the Jacks and the Crimson... xdontknowx

Sorry, the middle opponent is the Yotes, not the Jacks. xpeacex

Gil Dobie
July 22nd, 2023, 07:47 AM
Just a continuation of a trend of Bison fan apathy that's been ongoing for at least 5 years now. Combine that with having the most expensive ticket prices in the FCS and an underwhelming home schedule (to put it nicely) and this is what happens.

Almost like NDSU band wagon jumpers are jumping off the wagon and we are getting back to pre-playoff attendance. IMO, same thing would happen with an FBS move, 10 years later attendance drops off as the novelty wears off. Back to the core of the Bison fans attending games.

caribbeanhen
July 22nd, 2023, 08:32 AM
Almost like NDSU band wagon jumpers are jumping off the wagon and we are getting back to pre-playoff attendance. IMO, same thing would happen with an FBS move, 10 years later attendance drops off as the novelty wears off. Back to the core of the Bison fans attending games.

maybe just play home games in Frisco, Texas and shutter that dingy barn

Gil Dobie
July 23rd, 2023, 08:52 AM
maybe just play home games in Frisco, Texas and shutter that dingy barn

It appears the Bison numbers in Frisco were down too.

ysubigred
July 23rd, 2023, 08:56 AM
It appears the Bison numbers in Frisco were down too.Probably getting bored with it, plus the cost is over inflated for these NC games now that it's been in the same location for all these years.

bonarae
July 23rd, 2023, 09:54 PM
Probably getting bored with it, plus the cost is over inflated for these NC games now that it's been in the same location for all these years.

xoutofrepx

I believe the FCS championship should be rotated like the D-II and D-III football championships... xcoffeex

ysubigred
July 23rd, 2023, 10:02 PM
xoutofrepx

I believe the FCS championship should be rotated like the D-II and D-III football championships... xcoffeexI agree.. the one and only time I was in Frisco, I walked away less than impressed. Loved the trips to Chattanooga and Huntington.

Gil Dobie
July 24th, 2023, 06:31 AM
I agree.. the one and only time I was in Frisco, I walked away less than impressed. Loved the trips to Chattanooga and Huntington.

Frisco has money! Location is about money.

caribbeanhen
July 24th, 2023, 06:50 AM
So despite the thrill of the decade of dominance wearing off in Fargo, how are the Bison looking coming into the season…?

Besides South Dakota St, who can beat them ?

Is Illinois State a sleeper?

Is N Iowa really any good ?

ysubigred
July 24th, 2023, 07:04 AM
Frisco has money! Location is about money.Agree [emoji106] sadly, FCS shouldn't be about $

Professor Chaos
July 24th, 2023, 07:58 AM
So despite the thrill of the decade of dominance wearing off in Fargo, how are the Bison looking coming into the season…?

SDSU is going to be rock solid - clear #1 and no one particularly close IMO. NDSU is clearly below them but probably clearly above the rest of the league still. I'm on the fence about NDSU being the #2 team country - they're replacing so much and I'm not sure the QB Cam Miller has the "it factor" previous Bison QB have had who led the team to national title heights.

UNI should be tough this year - they probably have the best pure QB in the MVFC with Theo Day. Last year their defense kind of let them down which is a rarity during Farley's tenure so if he can fix their defense and the offense continues it's trajectory from last year UNI has top 10 potential. Once again though UNI doesn't play NDSU during the conference schedule.

YSU and UND are the next best in the MVFC and should be in contention for the playoffs. Who knows about Illinois St - seems like they can never find offense to match their defense and I'm not sure this year is likely bring back the offensive output of their glory days with Roberson and Coprich. SIU will also be an unknown since I think they're losing a lot and faded towards the end of last year on top of it. USD always has the potential to be good but they lost their multi-year starting QB to transfer I believe so pretty unlikely they contend for the playoffs this year. The rest (Indiana St, Murray St, and WIU) are likely the conference bottom feeders.

ysubigred
July 24th, 2023, 08:07 AM
SDSU is going to be rock solid - clear #1 and no one particularly close IMO. NDSU is clearly below them but probably clearly above the rest of the league still. I'm on the fence about NDSU being the #2 team country - they're replacing so much and I'm not sure the QB Cam Miller has the "it factor" previous Bison QB have had who led the team to national title heights.

UNI should be tough this year - they probably have the best pure QB in the MVFC with Theo Day. Last year their defense kind of let them down which is a rarity during Farley's tenure so if he can fix their defense and the offense continues it's trajectory from last year UNI has top 10 potential. Once again though UNI doesn't play NDSU during the conference schedule.

YSU and UND are the next best in the MVFC and should be in contention for the playoffs. Who knows about Illinois St - seems like they can never find offense to match their defense and I'm not sure this year is likely bring back the offensive output of their glory days with Roberson and Coprich. SIU will also be an unknown since I think they're losing a lot and faded towards the end of last year on top of it. USD always has the potential to be good but they lost their multi-year starting QB to transfer I believe so pretty unlikely they contend for the playoffs this year. The rest (Indiana St, Murray St, and WIU) are likely the conference bottom feeders.SDSU did have a coaching change. There is that. I'd say like NDSU this won't shake them. I agree #1.

The Cats
July 24th, 2023, 08:10 AM
xoutofrepx

I believe the FCS championship should be rotated like the D-II and D-III football championships... xcoffeex

I think Chattanooga would be interested in a return trip!

caribbeanhen
July 24th, 2023, 08:17 AM
I think Chattanooga would be interested in a return trip!

Miami was built on drug money

Frisco boom greatly supported by cerveza crazed Bison fans

now that the Bison aren’t a lock to invade Frisco every year, crowds could take a hit

if Incarnate played Furman in Frisco, how many people would show up?

Redbird 4th & short
July 24th, 2023, 09:30 AM

At this point, I would say, not at all likely. Our defense lost a lot - Spack will rebuild it as always, but it may take some time this fall. Oddly, for any Spack team, it may be our offense that will surprise ... big if coming .... IF we stay healthier on offense than a year ago at RB and OL. Plus we have our weakest Non-conf schedule I can ever remember .. so it will do nothing to prepare us for MVFC season. We had Oklahoma deal, but they rescheduled us for several years from now.

DATE OPPONENT TIME
Sat, Sep 2 vs Dayton
12:00 PM

Sat, Sep 9 @ Western Illinois
3:00 PM

Sat, Sep 16 @ Eastern Illinois
2:00 PM

Sat, Sep 23 vs Lindenwood

Sat, Oct 7 vs South Dakota State
6:00 PM

Sat, Oct 14 vs Indiana State

Sat, Oct 21 @ Youngstown State
1:00 PM

Sat, Oct 28 vs Northern Iowa

Sat, Nov 4 @ Missouri State

Sat, Nov 11 vs Murray State
11:00 AM

Sat, Nov 18 @ North Dakota
1:00 PM

caribbeanhen
July 24th, 2023, 09:33 AM
At this point, I would say, not at all likely. Our defense lost a lot. Oddly, for any Spack team, it may be our offense that will surprise ... big if coming .... IF we stay healthier on offense than a year ago at RB and OL.

I asked about you because I caught a glimpse of one of your games last year and my impression was

lots of athletes on D …

Redbird 4th & short
July 24th, 2023, 09:38 AM
I asked about you because I caught a glimpse of one of your games last year and my impression was

lots of athletes on D …
It was a very good defense, especially considering how inconsistent our offense was i terms of moving chains after losing RB Mueller in Q1 of Wisconsin game, then our #2 RB Wenkers Wright got banged up after strong start, and wasn't the same. But our defense has just 2 or 3 starters back. Though Spack always rebuilds/reloads that side of ball ... we'll see how soon our new defense emerges.

Our QB and pass game could impress if Spack lets him thrown more consistently and again, we are healthier on offense this fall. Plus RB Cole Mueller should be close to 100% by now .. he is a very good one .. not Coprich or Robinson level, but very good assuming he can get back near 100%.

POD Knows
July 24th, 2023, 09:43 AM

Is N Iowa really any good ?NDSU will have a minimum of 2 or 3 conference losses this year, all of the tougher conference games are road games, UNI, UND and SDSU, they will lose 2 out of those three. NDSU is gutted on D, lost virtually their entire secondary and that D was not that good last year. Offense should be decent but QB Miller is a big question mark for me. I think NDSU takes a step back this year, it wouldn't surprise me if they end up 8-3 and don't get a seed. SDSU has virtually everybody back and they beat NDSU twice last year, they are head and shoulder above NDSU right now but football is weird, couple injuries here and there and everything changes.

Yote 53
July 24th, 2023, 10:02 AM

YSU and UND are the next best in the MVFC and should be in contention for the playoffs. Who knows about Illinois St - seems like they can never find offense to match their defense and I'm not sure this year is likely bring back the offensive output of their glory days with Roberson and Coprich. SIU will also be an unknown since I think they're losing a lot and faded towards the end of last year on top of it. USD always has the potential to be good but they lost their multi-year starting QB to transfer I believe so pretty unlikely they contend for the playoffs this year. The rest (Indiana St, Murray St, and WIU) are likely the conference bottom feeders.

The USD QB lost his job mid-season and got pushed out by Aiden Bouman last year, a transfer from Minnesota.

Given the amount of activity in the transfer portal in college football these days, I think it is getting harder to make predictions. I know USD has brought quite a few FBS transfers in so we'll see how it all comes together.

What gives me the most confidence is what we have brought in for a coaching staff. Josh Davis as OC from SDSU was a big get and I like our OL coaching hire. Was not always confident in our offensive coaching and OL in particular, and am very confident in those positions now.

caribbeanhen
July 24th, 2023, 10:12 AM
NDSU will have a minimum of 2 or 3 conference losses this year, all of the tougher conference games are road games, UNI, UND and SDSU, they will lose 2 out of those three. NDSU is gutted on D, lost virtually their entire secondary and that D was not that good last year. Offense should be decent but QB Miller is a big question mark for me. I think NDSU takes a step back this year, it wouldn't surprise me if they end up 8-3 and don't get a seed. SDSU has virtually everybody back and they beat NDSU twice last year, they are head and shoulder above NDSU right now but football is weird, couple injuries here and there and everything changes.

Well your down playing of how good the Bison are and have been over the years might have finally caught up with you

Realistically though, it is in fact N Dak St that has best chance in FCS to dethrone S Dak St

ill give the following teams a slight chance this year to knock off one of the Big 3 (Bison, Rabbits, Montana St)

in no particular order

Furman has best odds
Holy Cross on a Hail Mary from Sluka
Incarnate Word if they really reloaded
William & Mary because they have something to prove

thats it

Chalupa Batman
July 24th, 2023, 01:01 PM

I think UNI is going to be very tough this year. Jeremiah Johnson returns at defensive coordinator after 1 year at Kent State. He had previously been DC from 2013-2021.

https://www.thegazette.com/panther-football/jeremiah-johnson-returns-as-uni-defensive-coordinator-after-a-year-away-this-is-home/

In his 1 year at Kent State the Golden Flashes improved from 205 ypg allowed rushing to 160 ypg allowed, and they allowed 1 ypc less. I have full confidence that he is going to return their defense to be as rock solid as we've come to expect, and if the offense can be what they were last year that is a lethal combination. And plus outside of the Air Force game last year their defense was pretty decent and not as bad as it looked at first glance (though still not up to the standards of previous Panther teams), so while they need to improve on that side of the ball I don't think those improvements are as massive as most think.

NDSU does play them in the season finale at Cedar Falls. UNI does play SDSU in Brookings, but it's on Hobo Day where UNI seems to have a 25-0 record in spoiling the Jackrabbits homecoming. They do continue their tradition of a brutal non-conference schedule playing Weber State in addition to their FBS game at Iowa State, but they could catch a break though with Weber being a little bit of an unknown after their coaching change. I think 9-2 overall (9-1 FCS) is certainly in the cards for them.

clenz
July 24th, 2023, 02:08 PM
I think UNI is going to be very tough this year. Jeremiah Johnson returns at defensive coordinator after 1 year at Kent State. He had previously been DC from 2013-2021.

https://www.thegazette.com/panther-football/jeremiah-johnson-returns-as-uni-defensive-coordinator-after-a-year-away-this-is-home/

In his 1 year at Kent State the Golden Flashes improved from 205 ypg allowed rushing to 160 ypg allowed, and they allowed 1 ypc less. I have full confidence that he is going to return their defense to be as rock solid as we've come to expect, and if the offense can be what they were last year that is a lethal combination. And plus outside of the Air Force game last year their defense was pretty decent and not as bad as it looked at first glance (though still not up to the standards of previous Panther teams), so while they need to improve on that side of the ball I don't think those improvements are as massive as most think.

NDSU does play them in the season finale at Cedar Falls. UNI does play SDSU in Brookings, but it's on Hobo Day where UNI seems to have a 25-0 record in spoiling the Jackrabbits homecoming. They do continue their tradition of a brutal non-conference schedule playing Weber State in addition to their FBS game at Iowa State, but they could catch a break though with Weber being a little bit of an unknown after their coaching change. I think 9-2 overall (9-1 FCS) is certainly in the cards for them.
Defense can't get much worse than last year.

The DC was stripped of DC status halfway through the season and Farley took over and it's not shocking the defense got better. The rumors I heard of what was going on were insane. I can't 100% verify them but I trust the source as much as anyone outside of of Farley directly. He was sending in 2 or 3 man front personnel and call 4 man front plays and visa versa. He would call plays that would involve the corners playing a short zone but the safties playing man - which if you watch the UND game you'll see very clearly and resulted in UND hitting the bigger plays they did that resulted in that 2 point win. There was no one over the top and no corners covering the WR because the play call literally made it impossible to make tha thappen. He tried to move Benny Sapp to DE from SS where he was one of the best in the country. He tried to move a DE to FS.

Who the **** knows what happens, but JJ back in town is real good news.

caribbeanhen
July 24th, 2023, 03:04 PM

great summary Professor

by the way is Hunter “Laptop” Leupke coming back? Love that guy

Professor Chaos
July 24th, 2023, 03:32 PM
great summary Professor

by the way is Hunter “Laptop” Leupke coming back? Love that guy
Nope, he's at the Dallas Cowboys training camp.

Professor Chaos
July 24th, 2023, 03:36 PM

Good call, forgot that the conference schedule got reshuffled with Murray St coming in. It's so ****ed up that NDSU now gets SDSU, UND, and UNI (probably their 3 biggest draws for opponents) all at home or on the road in any given year. Hopefully that can be split up when the conference schedule has to be reshuffled again next year with WIU's departure.

SDFS
July 24th, 2023, 04:39 PM
Good call, forgot that the conference schedule got reshuffled with Murray St coming in. It's so ****ed up that NDSU now gets SDSU, UND, and UNI (probably their 3 biggest draws for opponents) all at home or on the road in any given year. Hopefully that can be split up when the conference schedule has to be reshuffled again next year with WIU's departure.

The other strange thing is that they are no longer protecting Dakota Rivalries - in 2027 and 2028 - SDSU and UND are not scheduled to play.

Gil Dobie
July 25th, 2023, 06:51 AM
Maine or Central Arkansas could be an early season surprise to Bison. NDSU is still in the process of filling a lot of holes left by graduation and the portal.

caribbeanhen
July 25th, 2023, 07:29 AM
Maine or Central Arkansas could be an early season surprise to Bison. NDSU is still in the process of filling a lot of holes left by graduation and the portal.

Nope on Maine

Central Arky should provide a better game

Gil Dobie
July 26th, 2023, 06:24 AM
Nope on Maine

Central Arky should provide a better game

Any given Saturday.

caribbeanhen
July 26th, 2023, 07:06 AM
Any given Saturday.

*outside the Fargo Dome

Redbird 4th & short
July 26th, 2023, 08:42 AM
*outside the Fargo Dome
if I'm not mistaken, Bison upsets used to be much more common in Fargo Dome than on the road. It at least used to be true a few years ago .. not so sure of late.

caribbeanhen
July 26th, 2023, 08:49 AM
Nope, he's at the Dallas Cowboys training camp.

Good luck to Hunter and hopefully he’ll stick with the Cowboys

Professor Chaos
July 26th, 2023, 09:28 AM
if I'm not mistaken, Bison upsets used to be much more common in Fargo Dome than on the road. It at least used to be true a few years ago .. not so sure of late.
Early in their championship run that was the case - they were upset at home by YSU in 2011, Indiana St in 2012, South Dakota in 2015, and then SDSU and JMU in 2016. Since 2016 the only visiting team to win in the Fargodome has been SDSU (who's done it two more times).

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 27th, 2023, 05:06 PM
The other strange thing is that they are no longer protecting Dakota Rivalries - in 2027 and 2028 - SDSU and UND are not scheduled to play.

UND's two "rivalry" games are NDSU and USD. Each Dakota school got to 2 to protect.

Redbird 4th & short
July 28th, 2023, 08:42 AM
Some of you may recall we are building an IPF finally, but recently had an AD and large donor scandal and lost 3m of the 12m budgeted. So ISUr admin being very prudent financially ... we have money, just not earmarked for this ... they scaled back the IPF project. So as a result, we are now way ahead of schedule getting a lesser IPF built. It was planned for Jan 2024 unveiling. Not sure how soon Spack will be able to use it if needed, but we're getting very close.

POD Knows
July 28th, 2023, 09:33 AM
Well your down playing of how good the Bison are and have been over the years might have finally caught up with you

Realistically though, it is in fact N Dak St that has best chance in FCS to dethrone S Dak St

ill give the following teams a slight chance this year to knock off one of the Big 3 (Bison, Rabbits, Montana St)

in no particular order

Furman has best odds
Holy Cross on a Hail Mary from Sluka
Incarnate Word if they really reloaded
William & Mary because they have something to prove

thats it
Check out the pre-season all conference teams, these used to be littered with names from NDSU, not this year. We lost a lot from last years team and this season there are question marks everywhere. It should be an intgeresting season, looking forward to seeing all the young guys playing and have tempered my expectations as to avoid overexuberance. :D

Redbird 4th & short
July 28th, 2023, 12:17 PM
Check out the pre-season all conference teams, these used to be littered with names from NDSU, not this year. We lost a lot from last years team and this season there are question marks everywhere. It should be an intgeresting season, looking forward to seeing all the young guys playing and have tempered my expectations as to avoid overexuberance. :D

i bet if I could go back to this time in 2014 on AGS, I would find a very similar post from you ... and here is how that season ended:

POD Knows
July 28th, 2023, 12:28 PM
i bet if I could go back to this time in 2014 on AGS, I would find a very similar post from you ... and here is how that season ended:
Nah. I didn’t get on the board until 2016 😀

uni88
July 28th, 2023, 02:21 PM

How important is the upcoming season to Entz's future with NDSU or an FBS job?

POD Knows
July 28th, 2023, 02:30 PM
How important is the upcoming season to Entz's future with NDSU or an FBS job?I don't know, last years Bison D was the worst in recent memory and that DC is now the head coach at Northwestern (poor ****er). I honestly have no real feel for how this year's team is gonna be, they might play with a chip on their shoulder and overperform, or they will play like young kids, make mistakes and the team could be average. The incoming recruiting classes look decent on paper, but who knows. NDSU won't fire him unless he gets caught molesting kids or something.

Professor Chaos
July 28th, 2023, 03:08 PM
How important is the upcoming season to Entz's future with NDSU or an FBS job?

I don't know, last years Bison D was the worst in recent memory and that DC is now the head coach at Northwestern (poor ****er). I honestly have no real feel for how this year's team is gonna be, they might play with a chip on their shoulder and overperform, or they will play like young kids, make mistakes and the team could be average. The incoming recruiting classes look decent on paper, but who knows. NDSU won't fire him unless he gets caught molesting kids or something.
Yeah, Entz has got plenty of rope left before he has to worry about his job at NDSU. Regardless of how stocked the cupboard was when he came in he's still gone 49-7 in 4 years (one being the screwed up spring season) with 2 national titles. I think if he can keep NDSU at or near the top of the FCS this year he'll be on short lists for G5 head coaching jobs after this season since he's now almost exclusively using players recruited by him and his staff.

caribbeanhen
July 28th, 2023, 08:11 PM
The Bison could step in three piles of Dung and still not be a mess, you guys need to grasp how good you are compared to the rest of FCS

ysubigred
July 29th, 2023, 08:26 AM
The Bison could step in three piles of Dung and still not be a mess, you guys need to grasp how good you are compared to the rest of FCSThis ^^ 2024 NC 10 X's need to go play some one their own size.. or the rest of us get our **** together..

Redbird 4th & short
July 29th, 2023, 08:37 AM
Nah. I didn’t get on the board until 2016 

Ok, so youre off the sandbagging hook this one time. xdrunkyx

My main point, aside from wanting to remind people that my ISUr made a Natty run, was that 2013 was such a dominant Bison team. The best ever in my and many people's view and statistically in every phase of the game. And you guys lost a lot from that team ... except you had Wentz waiting his turn. And still managed to win a title.

But SDSU is looking really good again, though no Stig. And a lot of people are liking UNI as well this fall. I think that is a pretty sure top 3 in MVFC and a probably a strong lock for top 8 seeds. If my ISUr finishes 4th, I will be very pleasantly surprised. I like our offense if they can manage to stay healthy this year. But too many unproven people on defense .. that group will need time to gel. We've never had an offseason where our offense was so far ahead of our defense .. maybe after 2010 was the last time. Though Spack always rebuilds/reloads the defense, so it is only a matter of time. And our early schedule is the weakest I can ever recall. So don't necessarily be impressed if we start 4-0 or even 5-1. But it may allow us to develop our young defense and turn out good ... or not.

ysubigred
July 29th, 2023, 08:44 AM
Ok, so youre off the sandbagging hook this one time. xdrunkyx

My main point, aside from wanting to remind people that my ISUr made a Natty run, was that 2013 was such a dominant Bison team. The best ever in my and many people's view and statistically in every phase of the game. And you guys lost a lot from that team ... except you had Wentz waiting his turn. And still managed to win a title.

But SDSU is looking really good again, though no Stig. And a lot of people are liking UNI as well this fall. I think that is a pretty sure top 3 in MVFC and a probably a strong lock for top 8 seeds. If my ISUr finishes 4th, I will be very pleasantly surprised. I like our offense if they can manage to stay healthy this year. But too many unproven people on defense .. that group will need time to gel. We've never had an offseason where our offense was so far ahead of our defense .. maybe after 2010 was the last time. Though Spack always rebuilds/reloads the defense, so it is only a matter of time. And our early schedule is the weakest I can ever recall. So don't necessarily be impressed if we start 4-0 or even 5-1. But it may allow us to develop our young defense and turn out good ... or not.Well, at least you have hope.. here in flightless bird land, it'll be SOSDY.. We'll win the ones we're supposed to, lose the ones we're supposed to, and blow the evenly matched game to go 6-5..

Redbird 4th & short
July 29th, 2023, 08:47 AM
Well, at least you have hope.. here in flightless bird land, it'll be SOSDY.. We'll win the ones we're supposed to, lose the ones we're supposed to, and blow the evenly matched game to go 6-5..

Ah, so youre the team we will be tied with this year ... see you in Youngstown on Oct 21st for our tie breaker !!!

ysubigred
July 29th, 2023, 09:13 AM
Ah, so youre the team we will be tied with this year ... see you in Youngstown on Oct 21st for our tie breaker !!!Yes sir..

Gil Dobie
July 29th, 2023, 04:58 PM
Yeah, Entz has got plenty of rope left before he has to worry about his job at NDSU. Regardless of how stocked the cupboard was when he came in he's still gone 49-7 in 4 years (one being the screwed up spring season) with 2 national titles. I think if he can keep NDSU at or near the top of the FCS this year he'll be on short lists for G5 head coaching jobs after this season since he's now almost exclusively using players recruited by him and his staff.

I don't see a top 15 team this year. Too much to replace, and he's not Kleiman.

Professor Chaos
July 30th, 2023, 12:16 AM
You're right that he's no Klieman - but he doesn't have to be to keep the Bison as an elite FCS program. Even Craig Bohl took a bit to figure it out (remember the studs from early is his tenure like Walker, Steffes, Mays, etc were recruited by Bob Babich) and Entz has earned that right to figure it out if the Bison happen to descend into FCS mediocrity (and by that I mean outside of the top 15) for a year or two.

Bisonoline
July 30th, 2023, 12:41 AM
You're right that he's no Klieman - but he doesn't have to be to keep the Bison as an elite FCS program. Even Craig Bohl took a bit to figure it out (remember the studs from early is his tenure like Walker, Steffes, Mays, etc were recruited by Bob Babich) and Entz has earned that right to figure it out if the Bison happen to descend into FCS mediocrity (and by that I mean outside of the top 15) for a year or two.

Bohl had to switch gears because the team was transitioning. They needed to recruit a different athlete and he said so.
. Entz shouldnt have to figure it out. It was all given to him on a platter. All he has to do is not **** it up. I dont have the confidence that he can do that, His game management is terrible and a host of other issue.

Professor Chaos
July 30th, 2023, 02:01 AM
Bohl had to switch gears because the team was transitioning. They needed to recruit a different athlete and he said so.
. Entz shouldnt have to figure it out. It was all given to him on a platter. All he has to do is not **** it up. I dont have the confidence that he can do that, His game management is terrible and a host of other issue.
Disagree with that... I think the 2006 or 2007 Bison would've competed just fine in the MVFC. I think Bohl and company got fat and happy thinking their success would recruit for them. Not saying that Entz and Co are doing that but just saying he deserves some leash to figure it out if they fall back to the pack. Klieman is not the standard at this level - if you think he is you're going to be firing every coach after 4-5 years or so.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 30th, 2023, 06:14 AM
The Bison could step in three piles of Dung and still not be a mess, you guys need to grasp how good you are compared to the rest of FCS

It starts in the trenches and both lines will be solid. NDSU will make the playoffs but how far they go is up in the air this year IMO.

caribbeanhen
July 30th, 2023, 06:30 AM

W T F ?