PDA

View Full Version : Now that Montana is in the playoffs....

Casey_Orourke
November 4th, 2007, 08:48 AM
I know I am going to be roasted for this, but WTH......xlolx

I will say that any team that goes 8-0 in their season desreves all the kudos xbowx xbowx they can get, but I know there are those out there who are asking the following question.......xconfusedx

Does Montana have the true metal of a real champion, or are they merely the benefactors of playing in a WEAK CONFERENCE AND A SOFT OOC SCHEDULExwhistlex ?

Will Montana match up well with teams that duplicated the same feat in their conferences and OOC schedules or be found wanting?xoopsx

Tailbone
November 4th, 2007, 08:57 AM

I will say that any team that goes 8-0 in their season desreves all the kudos xbowx xbowx they can get, but I know there are those out there who are asking the following question.......xconfusedx

Does Montana have the true metal of a real champion, or are they merely the benefactors of playing in a WEAK CONFERENCE AND A SOFT OOC SCHEDULExwhistlex ?

Will Montana match up well with teams that duplicated the same feat in their conferences and OOC schedules or be found wanting?xoopsx

What do you think?

ChickenMan
November 4th, 2007, 08:59 AM
As long as the Griz play at home.. they will be tough to beat.

Gil Dobie
November 4th, 2007, 09:01 AM

I think the Griz defense can play with anyone. I don't think there is much seperation between undefeated teams, whether a conference or OOC schedule is rated higher or lower. It comes down to who plays the best on game day. xthumbsupx

Ronbo
November 4th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Now 21-22 since playing Iowa. 21 opponents have come away scratching their heads over the past two seasons. The only loss by 2 points.

Quote by Kramer after the UM/MSU game last year.

"I've listened to Coaches all season saying they thought the Griz were not that good. Well they beat you, they are that good, so shut up."

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 4th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Montana will be tough at home...............

Griz0383
November 4th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Montana will be tough any where! It must give everyone a sense of security thinking the Griz can't play on the road! Its the same team fella's! our last road loss was IOWA 2006.

Casey_Orourke
November 4th, 2007, 09:44 AM
What do you think?

What do I think?

I think it is up to you and all the football "experts," "prognosticators," "homers" and "anal analysts" to debate and express your opinions.

JohnStOnge
November 4th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Now 21-22 since playing Iowa. 21 opponents have come away scratching their heads over the past two seasons. The only loss by 2 points.

Quote by Kramer after the UM/MSU game last year.

"I've listened to Coaches all season saying they thought the Griz were not that good. Well they beat you, they are that good, so shut up."

Doesn't matter because Montana's probably going to playing at least two games at home as long as it wins and there's a good chance at three, but I don't think Montana's been as impressive this year as last. Got to give them credit for finding a way to win but in following their game stories and looking at the stats its pretty amazing that they're undefeated right now.

If I were voting in the AGS poll I wouldn't have them in the top 4 right now because they just flat haven't had one of the top 4 performances. If you're wondering, I wouldn't put McNeese in the top 4 either because they haven't played a strong schedule. To me a 2 loss record against a Gateway, Southern, or Colonial schedule is more impressive than an undefeated record against the schedule McNeese has played this year. I'd put 'em in the top 10 because they've pretty much blown everybody on their schedule out but not in the top 4.

With Montana it's a combination of schedule and struggling in certain games in which they appear to have been physically outplayed by their opponents but found a way to win. The Eastern Washington game is probably the most prominent example of that. It may turn out that Montana wins the national title but if you're honestly asking yourself right now if Montana's played over the season like one of the best four FCS squads in the country I think the answer is "no."

Proud Griz Man
November 4th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Doesn't matter because Montana's probably going to playing at least two games at home as long as it wins and there's a good chance at three, but I don't think Montana's been as impressive this year as last. Got to give them credit for finding a way to win but in following their game stories and looking at the stats its pretty amazing that they're undefeated right now.

If I were voting in the AGS poll I wouldn't have them in the top 4 right now because they just flat haven't had one of the top 4 performances. If you're wondering, I wouldn't put McNeese in the top 4 either because they haven't played a strong schedule. To me a 2 loss record against a Gateway, Southern, or Colonial schedule is more impressive than an undefeated record against the schedule McNeese has played this year. I'd put 'em in the top 10 because they've pretty much blown everybody on their schedule out but not in the top 4.

With Montana it's a combination of schedule and struggling in certain games in which they appear to have been physically outplayed by their opponents but found a way to win. The Eastern Washington game is probably the most prominent example of that. It may turn out that Montana wins the national title but if you're honestly asking yourself right now if Montana's played over the season like one of the best four FCS squads in the country I think the answer is "no."

So many experts, so many opinions! xcoffeex

Screamin_Eagle174
November 4th, 2007, 11:04 AM
What do I think?

I think it is up to you and all the football "experts," "prognosticators," "homers" and "anal analysts" to debate and express your opinions.
Coming from someone who think's Montana plays in a weak conference? I think that qualifies as being a "homer," and would allow you to debate and express your opinions.

Casey_Orourke
November 4th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Coming from someone who think's Montana plays in a weak conference? I think that qualifies as being a "homer," and would allow you to debate and express your opinions.

I qualified that statement as coming from many others on this board....I for one know very well the the Big Sky is an all out Cat/Dog fight every year that every school puts their heart and soul into. But there are those back east in Flatland/Hillbilly country who don't give us westerners the respect we deserve.

Green26
November 4th, 2007, 02:19 PM
UM is very good, but it remains to be seen how good they are. In my view, they deserve to be ranked no. 3, includng NDS in the ranking.

UM has not been "physically outplayed" in any game this year. To even make that statement shows you don't know what you're talking about. In my view, UM has not been outplayed in any game this. While they could have lost some games, and while they were outgained in several games, they were in control in all of their games most of the times in the games. In the games where they were not in control of the game at some points of the game, they came back to win and/or they made some big plays to win.

The talk about Montana's schedule is offbase, in my view. Had UM played any I-AA instead of a D-II, no would be commenting on the schedule. Regardless of how good the Big Sky is or isn't this year, playing in the Big Sky is difficult, just like it is in many of the conferences. PSU, NAU, EWU, Weber and MSU are capable of knocking off any team in the nation on any given weekend.

I assume that most of you would agree that you have to see a team play, and see the games, to truly understand how good, or not good, a team is. It is not possible to judge a team or game, by just looking at the stats.

I also assume that most of you would agree that offense gets lots of attention by fans, but that many believe that defense is more important, especially for championship runs. UM has a very good defense. It sometimes gives up some yards, but it usually doesn't give up points, and it usually makes alot of big plays.

The fact that UM has been able to win all of its games (so far); come back to win several games; overcome some adversity and bad bounces; and win all of the bigger conference games (in which the opponent is playing its best game of the season), shows alot. In addition, this team does not get rattled, plays very hard, appears to have great heart, and has considerable talent. This year's team is also much healthier than it usually is at this time of the year. These things show me that this team has what it takes to go deep into the playoffs or to Chattanooga. However, I also know there are numerous other good teams this year, and it takes some fortune to keep winning. While it is not possible to predict that UM will be in Chattanooga this year, the rest of I-AA probably shouldn't underestimate that Griz either.

GreatAppSt
November 4th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Now that Montana is in the playoffs....

The whining coming down from the helgate will be even more ceaseless.;) xthumbsupx :D

D1B
November 4th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Montana has an exellent team and will win the national championship.

So sayeth D1B xpopcornx

Gil Dobie
November 4th, 2007, 03:50 PM

So sayeth D1B xpopcornx

This poster has said this more than once, so it must be true. xthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
November 4th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I'll bet the Griz really hate the current Sagarin:

1. Northern Iowa (30 overall!)
2. NDSU (41)
3. SIU (52)
4. App St. (61)
5. Delaware (75)
6. McNeese State (80)
7. Richmond (81)
8. UMass (83)
9. Georgia Southern (85)
10. JMU (87)
11. Wofford (88 )
12. Elon (92)
13. Hofstra (97)
14. Montana (98 )
15. Youngstown State (99)
16. Yale (100)
17. Western Illinois (101)
18. South Dakota State (104)
19. New Hampshire (108)
20. Villanova (110)
21. Grambling (121)
22. Citadel (123)
23. Furman (126)
24. Eastern Kentucky (127)
25. Holy Cross (131)

DuckDuckGriz
November 4th, 2007, 04:18 PM

2. NDSU (41)
3. SIU (52)
4. App St. (61)
5. Delaware (75)
6. McNeese State (80)
7. Richmond (81)
8. UMass (83)
9. Georgia Southern (85)
10. JMU (87)
11. Wofford (88 )
12. Elon (92)
13. Hofstra (97)
14. Montana (98 )
16. Yale (100)
19. New Hampshire (108)
20. Villanova (110)
21. Grambling (121)
22. Citadel (123)
23. Furman (126)
25. Holy Cross (131)

That's the thing. As long as we keep winning, Griz fans don't give two ishts about the polls. The only spot we don't want on the polls is #1.

Peems
November 4th, 2007, 04:20 PM

2. NDSU (41)
3. SIU (52)
4. App St. (61)
5. Delaware (75)
6. McNeese State (80)
7. Richmond (81)
8. UMass (83)
9. Georgia Southern (85)
10. JMU (87)
11. Wofford (88 )
12. Elon (92)
13. Hofstra (97)
14. Montana (98 )
16. Yale (100)
19. New Hampshire (108)
20. Villanova (110)
21. Grambling (121)
22. Citadel (123)
23. Furman (126)
25. Holy Cross (131)

I don't hate it. One man's opinion and many of the teams above have played tough teams. He doesn't control the playoffs, the games, the seeds, anything. As long as the Griz win that makes me happyxnodx

AZGrizFan
November 4th, 2007, 10:07 PM

So sayeth D1B xpopcornx

Now why you wanna go and do that, D? xcoolx xcoolx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

putter
November 4th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Let them keep bashing the Griz for everything under the sun. If the Griz finished every drive the score could have been wider, (see NAU and PSU) but margin of victorycan mean something or it can mean nothing. PSU used one day/week to prepare for Montana (how many other conference teams do that?)and still lost. If our QB have made a few less mistakes we could have put more points on the board. PSU threw the ball more than 50times and rushed for 25 yards and put 24 points on the board when they scored 68 the week prior. The Griz have a good team but the playoffs can go either way, any game. They have what it takes and time will tell

kardplayer
November 4th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Montana will be tough any where! It must give everyone a sense of security thinking the Griz can't play on the road! Its the same team fella's! our last road loss was IOWA 2006.

And Montana hasn't won a non-Big Sky game outside of Missoula since the 2003 opener vs. Maine.

AZGrizFan
November 4th, 2007, 11:10 PM
And Montana hasn't won a non-Big Sky game outside of Missoula since the 2003 opener vs. Maine.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Yep. We're 0-1 in that timespan against FCS competition. And we avenged that loss in the playoffs---that's right----at HOME. Nice data set you've got there to prove your point. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

We ARE, however, 11-4 (not counting THIS year's undefeated team) on the road in league games in that same timespan.

putter
November 4th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Man I wish there were more FCS teams in the west. That way Montana would not have to book a plane ride to play another FCS team. The Griz could just hop a bus and play a game like the eastern teams do. It cost the Griz $100k for the trip to Maine and Hofstra. How many of your programs can fork out $100k for your OOC trips? Not many I bet and how many OOC opponents could pay enough money so that your program could make a little by playing and OOC game? That is what western teams face so stop with the travelling argument as I don't see your team hopping a planeride to come to Missoula or stepping up to pay Montana to come out there and play.

uofmman1122
November 5th, 2007, 12:55 AM
PSU threw the ball more than 50times and rushed for 25 yards and put 24 points on the board when they scored 68 the week prior.Just some food for thought: 24 of those yards were on a fake punt. xreadx

Syntax Error
November 5th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Man I wish there were more FCS teams in the west...Look at this year putter. Every OOC was dictated to be AT MONTANA.

What they really want is MORE OOC FCS TEAMS IN THE WEST WHO WILL PLAY AT MONTANA WITHOUT A RETURN GAME. You know that.

Do the Griz play UC Davis? No.
Do the Griz play Cal Poly? No.
Do the Griz play San Diego? No.
Do the Griz play South Dakota State? No.
Do the Griz play North Dakota State? No.
Do the Griz play any Gateway teams? No.
Do the Griz play any Southland teams? No.

Exactly what are you wishing for putter? You got Southern Utah to play you at Missoula. When is the return game?

GolfingGriz
November 5th, 2007, 03:02 AM
Why do we even bother explaining ourselves to everyone else around the country. One simple statement is enough for me...9-0. No whining, no *********, just a plain simple fact that everyone can understand.

Syntax Error
November 5th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Why do we even bother explaining ourselves to everyone else around the country. One simple statement is enough for me...9-0. No whining, no *********, just a plain simple fact that everyone can understand.xthumbsupx Unbeaten with the Big Sky AQ. xthumbsupx xpeacex

Tod
November 5th, 2007, 03:06 AM
xthumbsupx Unbeaten until proven otherwise. xthumbsupx xpeacex

xnodx xnodx xnodx

GolfingGriz
November 5th, 2007, 03:09 AM
xthumbsupx Unbeaten with the Big Sky AQ. xthumbsupx xpeacex

Yep, in the first week in November

Casey_Orourke
November 5th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Why do we even bother explaining ourselves to everyone else around the country. One simple statement is enough for me...9-0. No whining, no *********, just a plain simple fact that everyone can understand.

If I can play "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE" for a minute..... I think the problems most have here is what Montana backers call "Griz Envy" others call "Montana's Superiority Complex."

Just remember, that once the season ends and the playoffs begin the season record goes out the window, everybody is 0-0, every team there is either a conference champion or an elite team and in every playoff in every sport, upsets happen.

let's just have a good playoff and may the best team win.

putter
November 5th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Look at this year putter. Every OOC was dictated to be AT MONTANA.

What they really want is MORE OOC FCS TEAMS IN THE WEST WHO WILL PLAY AT MONTANA WITHOUT A RETURN GAME. You know that.

Exactly what are you wishing for putter? You got Southern Utah to play you at Missoula. When is the return game?

I don't disagree with you and I hope that the AD's starts honoring home&home committments as they should. I am just saying that for most FCS schools, forking out $100k (charter flight and hotel, meals, etc.) or so for OOC away games is a lot to ask but not impossible.

AZGrizFan
November 5th, 2007, 10:39 AM

We get lambasted for buying out the back end of home/homes, and are told "just don't bother with the other half....just schedule honestly." We do, and now we get lambasted for just mandating home games. Can't have it both ways.

SeattleGriz
November 5th, 2007, 11:03 AM

More teams in the West that we don't have to fly to play. It was games on the East Coast that contributed to our budgeting issues.

We all realize it isn't a reality, but it would be nice to have more teams within driving distance.

Casey_Orourke
November 5th, 2007, 05:39 PM
I don't disagree with you and I hope that the AD's starts honoring home&home committments as they should. I am just saying that for most FCS schools, forking out $100k (charter flight and hotel, meals, etc.) or so for OOC away games is a lot to ask but not impossible.

I can see where it costs Montana $100K to travel east to play an away game, but doesn't it cost the same for an eastern team @ the same amount to travel to Montana?

I am sure that many other schools have the same financial restrictions/problems Montana has had....so what's the problem?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 5th, 2007, 05:53 PM
I can see where it costs Montana $100K to travel east to play an away game, but doesn't it cost the same for an eastern team @ the same amount to travel to Montana?

I am sure that many other schools have the same financial restrictions/problems Montana has had....so what's the problem?

Casey you seriously can't be as dense are you are acting. So since you haven't been stirring up a lot of crap lately and have been a good boy I'll let you play this one out. The cost is more for Montana in this case because we played Hofstra, Maine, and Sam Houston in three consecutive years. Three trips for us Casey, only one each for those teams so that we could all enjoy the privilage of playing each other. I'll break it down so you can understand it even easier. If you have 3 friends that come to see you individually and then expect you to return to see them.....you're pocket book would be hurting more than their's would.

putter
November 5th, 2007, 05:57 PM

I would say the problem is payout. How many other FCS schools can pay like Montana can for the OOC games? I think Albany received in the neighborhool of $100k payout to come to Missoula. Appy paid NAU $165,000 to go to Boone but that is easy to do when you are drawing 28k paying fans.

I am not saying this is right but it is what it is. Personally I think the Griz should travel and then the payoff is when they get the return game but $$ rules for the almighty dollar in the FCS where we don't have bigtime TV or Bowl money to split.

Casey_Orourke
November 5th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I would say the problem is payout. How many other FCS schools can pay like Montana can for the OOC games? I think Albany received in the neighborhool of $100k payout to come to Missoula. Appy paid NAU $165,000 to go to Boone but that is easy to do when you are drawing 28k paying fans.

I am not saying this is right but it is what it is. Personally I think the Griz should travel and then the payoff is when they get the return game but $$ rules for the almighty dollar in the FCS where we don't have bigtime TV or Bowl money to split.

Ok. makes sense. It also explains why some schools basically sacrifice a game for a big payoff with a FBS team, unless they can pull off the upset ala Appy/Mich.

putter
November 5th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Ok. makes sense. It also explains why some schools basically sacrifice a game for a big payoff with a FBS team, unless they can pull off the upset ala Appy/Mich.

Yes, hence Montana St buying out NDSU. Now I don't know if anyone in the FCS who did not want to see that game but when Texas A&M comes calling with over $400,000 it speaks volumes especially when you are looking to stay above water in your athletic department.

BigApp
November 5th, 2007, 06:34 PM
our last road loss was IOWA 2006.

well, you've only played 6 total road games since then. IIRC, the last regular season OOC road game you played was in 2004 (Sam Houston) which you lost. xeekx

is that correct? xeyebrowx

bigskyrocks
November 5th, 2007, 07:21 PM
well, you've only played 6 total road games since then. IIRC, the last regular season OOC road game you played was in 2004 (Sam Houston) which you lost. xeekx

is that correct? xeyebrowx

No actually montana went and lost to oregon on the road in 2005
the last FCS road OOC was in 2004 against sam houston and then in 2003 they beat Maine on the road and in 2002 they beat both Hofstra and Idaho on the road and thats as far back as im going to go

appfan2008
November 5th, 2007, 07:30 PM
No actually montana went and lost to oregon on the road in 2005
the last FCS road OOC was in 2004 against sam houston and then in 2003 they beat Maine on the road and in 2002 they beat both Hofstra and Idaho on the road and thats as far back as im going to go

no road ooc fcs games since 04???

BigApp
November 5th, 2007, 07:31 PM

nope.

SeattleGriz
November 5th, 2007, 07:33 PM
nope.

We also paid off our million dollar defecit two years early by staying at home and drawing 23,300 fans per game.

Hence, our game with Fort Lewis this year. When we scheduled them, we were still in the hole and scrambling to fix that.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 5th, 2007, 07:34 PM

No because we got the Oregon and Iowa paydays. I think those will count toward our OOC road games as that's what they took the place of. Or are you suggesting we discount road FBS games and take away that little trip to Michigan.

Casey_Orourke
November 5th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Casey you seriously can't be as dense are you are acting. So since you haven't been stirring up a lot of crap lately and have been a good boy I'll let you play this one out. The cost is more for Montana in this case because we played Hofstra, Maine, and Sam Houston in three consecutive years. Three trips for us Casey, only one each for those teams so that we could all enjoy the privilage of playing each other. I'll break it down so you can understand it even easier. If you have 3 friends that come to see you individually and then expect you to return to see them.....you're pocket book would be hurting more than their's would.

Cool your jets Ursus, I was not criticizing, just trying to understand the reasoning, and Montana's scheduling woes are in the past has been brought out many times, but what's past is past.....

The comment was made that Montana pays $100K for one insinuated that was to much to have to pay, but at the same time other schools were fully expected to shell out the same to come to Missoula. I was not saying Montana had to play all their OOC games against teams east of the Big Muddy. just was pointing out the cost is a problem for all schools. For reasons of their own, some schools sacrifice, some schools don't

Most western teams for the most part schedule one game some distance away then if they have to play other OOC games away they usually try to schedule closer to home and budget accordingly.

Now as far as three friends coming to see me and expecting me to come out there, and maybe I am old fashioned on this point, but I have always felt that I expect somebody to pay the cost to come out to see me, it is only fair that I pay the money to go out to see them every other year, but only one trip to one friend, if the others want to come, they foot their own bill.

BlueHen86
November 5th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Cool your jets Ursus, I was not criticizing, just trying to understand the reasoning, and Montana's scheduling woes are in the past has been brought out many times, but what's past is past.....

The comment was made that Montana pays $100K for one insinuated that was to much to have to pay, but at the same time other schools were fully expected to shell out the same to come to Missoula. I was not saying Montana had to play all their OOC games against teams east of the Big Muddy. just was pointing out the cost is a problem for all schools. For reasons of their own, some schools sacrifice, some schools don't

Most western teams for the most part schedule one game some distance away then if they have to play other OOC games away they usually try to schedule closer to home and budget accordingly.

Now as far as three friends coming to see me and expecting me to come out there, and maybe I am old fashioned on this point, but I have always felt that I expect somebody to pay the cost to come out to see me, it is only fair that I pay the money to go out to see them every other year, but only one trip to one friend, if the others want to come, they foot their own bill.
Casey, you are the Al Gore of AGS.;)

Casey_Orourke
November 5th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Casey, you are the Al Gore of AGS.;)

Now I'm insulted!!!!!!xflamemadx xflamemadx I was trying to be the Mr. Spock!xchinscratchx

BlueHen86
November 5th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Now I'm insulted!!!!!!xflamemadx xflamemadx I was trying to be the Mr. Spock!xchinscratchx
Damn you and your Vulcan logic Casey!xlolx

xsmiley_wix xpeacex

Tailbone
November 5th, 2007, 10:24 PM
.....I was not criticizing, just trying to understand the reasoning ......
The comment was made that Montana pays $100K ....... I was .....just was pointing out the cost is a problem for all schools. For reasons of their own, some schools sacrifice, some schools don't

Casey,

Unless you lurked before you joined this board you missed some prior discussion regarding the travel issue. Western teams find travel budgeting to be significantly more challenging than Eastern teams.
Perhaps this will provide some perspective:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?p=444238

Pay particular attention to the last paragraph.
1/2 of the population of the US is within 500 miles of Boone (for example).
Montana's closest FCS foe is ~200 miles from Missoula.
PSU has similar challenges (thus the FBS games - too many of which cost the Vikes a play-off spot last year.)

Casey_Orourke
November 5th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Casey,

Unless you lurked before you joined this board you missed some prior discussion regarding the travel issue. Western teams find travel budgeting to be significantly more challenging than Eastern teams.
Perhaps this will provide some perspective:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?p=444238

Pay particular attention to the last paragraph.
1/2 of the population of the US is within 500 miles of Boone (for example).
Montana's closest FCS foe is ~200 miles from Missoula.
PSU has similar challenges (thus the FBS games - too many of which cost the Vikes a play-off spot last year.)

I know all that.....I just trying to get some discussions going....however I think you are missing my point, being that given the current situation, travel costs are going up for everybody and if a western program wants a quality schedule it will have to pay for it by either eating the travel costs or offering incentives to attract quality teams their home field.

Either way it will affect the program's bottom line. Like I said before, some programs will for their own reasons choose to sacrifice for quality, some won't have to and others still will refuse to.

Tod
November 6th, 2007, 03:06 AM
I know all that.....I just trying to get some discussions going....however I think you are missing my point, being that given the current situation, travel costs are going up for everybody and if a western program wants a quality schedule it will have to pay for it by either eating the travel costs or offering incentives to attract quality teams their home field.

Either way it will affect the program's bottom line. Like I said before, some programs will for their own reasons choose to sacrifice for quality, some won't have to and others still will refuse to.

Travel costs may be going up for everybody, but they are no less in the west than in the east, so unless the west is somehow seeing less inflation, the point remains the same.

It would be nice to have more options. But we don't unless we want to spend money, rather than make money.

Personally, I think we can afford to do it, but it's not my call.