PDA

View Full Version : ESPN disses Patriot League

65 Pard
November 4th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Late last night on post game show.....Mark May was his usual argumentative self and Lou Holtz tried to give the show some measure of class, but it was that third guy (Name?) who opined while talking about the Kansas Nebraska game "I dont care if you're playing in the Patriot League, you can't give up 76 points".....

True enough but the sarcastic implication being that PL football is more akin to sandlot than real football.

Pard4Life
November 4th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Late last night on post game show.....Mark May was his usual argumentative self and Lou Holtz tried to give the show some measure of class, but it was that third guy (Name?) who opined while talking about the Kansas Nebraska game "I dont care if you're playing in the Patriot League, you can't give up 76 points".....

True enough but the sarcastic implication being that PL football is more akin to sandlot than real football.

....unless you are Georgetown.. :D

They are idiots on that show... I turn it off and just watch the highlights. I can barely understand Lou Holtz anyhow.

bjtheflamesfan
November 4th, 2007, 08:10 AM
I think youre putting WAY too much stock in some of the comments these guys make...He was simply stating that no defense, good or bad, no matter what league, what subdivision they are in, should be giving up that many points, even in a down year.

You guys really need to unwad your panties or something

Franks Tanks
November 4th, 2007, 08:19 AM
I think youre putting WAY too much stock in some of the comments these guys make...He was simply stating that no defense, good or bad, no matter what league, what subdivision they are in, should be giving up that many points, even in a down year.

Isnt that a $25 dollar fine and going to bed without dessert? I think comments like this still carryover a bit frm basketball when our conference was non-scholarship and Feinstein wrote a book about how they are D-I's last amatuers. I think some peooke still rememebr this and mention the Patriot.

Erks Eagles
November 4th, 2007, 08:30 AM
He actually said "I don't care if you're playing the Patriots". Nothing about the patriot league, but he was referring to the New England Patriots.

Uncle Buck
November 4th, 2007, 08:55 AM
What that guy did say at one point when talking about the Navy win was that last week they gave up 59 to "DELAWARE!"

He shouted it like it was unbelievable that UD hung 59 on the middies. As for the show, i love Holtz and the lisp, i can't stand Mark May, he's a jackass.

Franks Tanks
November 4th, 2007, 09:16 AM
What that guy did say at one point when talking about the Navy win was that last week they gave up 59 to "DELAWARE!"

He shouted it like it was unbelievable that UD hung 59 on the middies. As for the show, i love Holtz and the lisp, i can't stand Mark May, he's a jackass.

Mark May is an ass-- I do like Lou Holtz although he is slightly crazy at this point, but he still understand football better than almost any analyst.

DSUHornet
November 4th, 2007, 01:46 PM

yea, i agree. dont give the things they say that much firepower. first of all, i dont think it was a mean-spirited comment; maybe unauthorized and ignorant, but not mean-spirited.

secondly, as someone pointed out to me previously, this is the same media that goes absolutely nuts every time a fcs team beats an fbs team; they are selectively intelligent when it comes to certain dynamics of college football. but lets also keep in mind that these guys have to know and report on 3 or 4 different sports.

BlueHen86
November 4th, 2007, 01:50 PM
He actually said "I don't care if you're playing the Patriots". Nothing about the patriot league, but he was referring to the New England Patriots.
This makes more sense.

LeopardFan04
November 4th, 2007, 09:10 PM
I can't wait for Mark May's steller analysis of the playoffs this year...

UMass922
November 4th, 2007, 09:17 PM
This makes more sense.

Agreed; he surely meant the New England Patriots.

Mark May probably doesn't even know that there is a Patriot League. Surely if he meant to "diss" on FCS he would have said "I don't care if you're a D-II like [insert name of FCS team here]."

Syntax Error
November 4th, 2007, 09:24 PM
serves you guys right for even turning on espeon