PDA

View Full Version : Elvis lives in the Big Sky

UMStudent
November 4th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Jerry Glanville will take PSU to the next level (not 1-A just in the BSC). I have never seen a PSU team that played like they do now. They came out ready and wanting to play a great team. I believe it has to do Jerry’s new energy and style. The PSU defense seemed to have a swagger that was needed in their program. It was even fun to see PSU d-line celebrate after every big play they had. Even though they got over excited about playing a good Montana team and made some horrible mistakes that cost them latter on. I was also proud of the Grizs' composer during the game. PSU came out with a grudge and they showed it. So much that our crowd showed a disapproval of their playing, which is surprising because TRUE Montana fans love nasty hard hitting, destructive football on both side of the ball. So I’m jubilant about having a stellar coach like Glanville coaching in the BSC. They wanted us but Montana just keeps rollin on. So say what you want (89hen with your man crush on Montana) but every game they play Montana is just getting more and more battle tested with their target on their chest. I just wish MSU was on the rise that PSU is on.

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH I KNOW This is the same team that lost to Weber last weekend but like ALL FOOTBALL fans will tell yeah. Its football you win some you lose some but what MATTERS is how you play the next weekend. When these guys came out they showed up like a squad ready for war. I was proud of them.

Casey_Orourke
November 4th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Jerry Glanville will take PSU to the next level (not 1-A just in the BSC). I have never seen a PSU team that played like they do now. They came out ready and wanting to play a great team. I believe it has to do Jerry’s new energy and style. The PSU defense seemed to have a swagger that was needed in their program. It was even fun to see PSU d-line celebrate after every big play they had. Even though they got over excited about playing a good Montana team and made some horrible mistakes that cost them latter on. I was also proud of the Grizs' composer during the game. PSU came out with a grudge and they showed it. So much that our crowd showed a disapproval of their playing, which is surprising because TRUE Montana fans love nasty hard hitting, destructive football on both side of the ball. So I’m jubilant about having a stellar coach like Glanville coaching in the BSC. They wanted us but Montana just keeps rollin on. So say what you want (89hen with your man crush on Montana) but every game they play Montana is just getting more and more battle tested with their target on their chest. I just wish MSU was on the rise that PSU is on.

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH I KNOW This is the same team that lost to Weber last weekend but like ALL FOOTBALL fans will tell yeah. Its football you win some you lose some but what MATTERS is how you play the next weekend. When these guys came out they showed up like a squad ready for war. I was proud of them.

I doubt the rest of your fellow Griz fans will agree with you, but I jist want to say thank you for respectful words, but I agree......Elvis lives and his church is in Portland.

Griz0383
November 4th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I give Jerry G the first ever "I have the ability to inspire players and fans" award! I was inspired by that amazing offense but I was also inpired by the Griz D. Montana's offense was hot in the first half but they just seem to dissappear after that interception in the endzone in the 3rd Q. Again Montana face adversity and won! What a Game!

Mountain Panther
November 4th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Can anyone link me to pics from yesterday's game in Missoula?

uofmman1122
November 4th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Can anyone link me to pics from yesterday's game in Missoula?http://wpe1.montanagrizzlies.com/fmi/xsl/mt_griz/db/gallery/xsl/nav.xsl?-db=mtgriz_content&-lay=gallery_media&id_section=10388&switch=YES&-sortfield.1=sort_value&-sortorder.1=descend&-sortfield.2=file_effective_date&-sortorder.2=descend&-token.0=&-token.2=10248&-token.3=10285&-token.4=10388&-token.5=337&-token.9=4&-max=25&-find

Grizzaholic
November 5th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I think Jerry is a tool. He talks a big game all year long and then when the post game press conference comes along he ducks it by saying he needs to talk to his players. He will take questions in his dressing room.

I think he has a big mouth and when the questions come he will be there slack jawed.

putter
November 5th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I think the key to the football program is Mouse Davis. He will get them to be a better team and Jerry will be the man who will be the face of Viking football. He will be the one who will raise some much needed $$$ to the program. Both Glanville and Davis have forgot more football than a lot of coaches know and they will get it done and the enthusiasm they have brought to Portland is a very good thing.

grizbeer
November 5th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Can anyone link me to pics from yesterday's game in Missoula?You can also watch the game here:
http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/Global/category.asp?C=84454

Fun game. JG had his players convinced they were going to win. One think I think will help Montana a lot when it comes to the playoffs is the smash mouth football the Griz have played this year. Every team has tried to out physical Montana.

OldTiredGriz
November 5th, 2007, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure if it was showmanship or truth by Glanville, but I thought it was interesting when he said that PSU dedicated 2 practices per week all year long to beating Montana. Hubel is a talented QB - and only a freshman - he will be a force over the next 3 years. Personally, I've always liked Glanville; I have a soft spot for characters and eccentrics. I'm just not convinced that he and Davis are going to be at PSU for the long haul, which is a shame.

AZGrizFan
November 5th, 2007, 02:47 PM
I'm not sure if it was showmanship or truth by Glanville, but I thought it was interesting when he said that PSU dedicated 2 practices per week all year long to beating Montana. Hubel is a talented QB - and only a freshman - he will be a force over the next 3 years. Personally, I've always liked Glanville; I have a soft spot for characters and eccentrics. I'm just not convinced that he and Davis are going to be at PSU for the long haul, which is a shame.

I'm sure he (and his players) are glad they won't have to see THIS sight any more....

UNCBears2010
November 5th, 2007, 04:23 PM
We all realize that Portland State is 2-7, right? They could still finish dead last in the Big Sky.

AZGrizFan
November 5th, 2007, 04:26 PM
We all realize that Portland State is 2-7, right? They could still finish dead last in the Big Sky.

They're 2-7 because they spent 2 practices a week planning for Montana. And STILL lost. Perhaps if they'd spent that time actually planning for THAT week's opponent, their season wouldn't have turned out like this....

Is it possible for a team to overlook it's ENTIRE schedule because of one game? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

placidlakegriz
November 5th, 2007, 05:15 PM

No, there's a team in Colorado that has the last place locked up.

UNCBears2010
November 5th, 2007, 06:32 PM
No, there's a team in Colorado that has the last place locked up.

Actually, if we win one of our last two, the team we beat finishes last.xpeacex xnodx

JALMOND
November 5th, 2007, 08:21 PM

Davis followed Glanville to PSU because Davis and his family are Oregonians. He grew up in Independence, just west of Salem and coached high school as well as Portland State. He has said that they wanted all along to come back and retire in Oregon and they had the opportunity.

It will be interesting for Glanville. No doubt the Michigan and Nebraska jobs will be open and he might get some interest (doubt he would have the opportunity to go to either one). If a job opens up in the WAC or Mtn West, he might throw that big black cowboy hat into the ring and see what happens. If I had to guess, I'd say he will return to PSU, at least for one more year. If Glanville does leave, I'd say look for Davis to once again be the head coach of PSU.

JALMOND
November 5th, 2007, 08:23 PM

Tied for last, not dead last.

We could win our last two and finish 4-4 in conference. Now that's not quite as far fetched.

JALMOND
November 5th, 2007, 08:29 PM
They're 2-7 because they spent 2 practices a week planning for Montana. And STILL lost. Perhaps if they'd spent that time actually planning for THAT week's opponent, their season wouldn't have turned out like this....

Is it possible for a team to overlook it's ENTIRE schedule because of one game? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Sometimes you have to decide when Glanville is speaking the truth. He will say anything to make the other team look like world beaters and PSU like softies. PSU's motto all year has been "One game at a time". Based on that, I doubt the Vikings spent two practices a week all year on the Grizzlies. But you have to admit, it gave the press something else to talk about (and in here, too). Keeps PSU on the front pages of the sports sections in the region and keeps everyone talking about that crazy Viking team and that strange old coach they have.