PDA

View Full Version : WOW!

furman94
November 3rd, 2007, 06:28 PM
What a day! Northeastern beats UNH and Rhody beats UMass! Smite my Southern tail if I'm wrong (Seeing as I know zilch about New England sports) but was any of this expected?

Rob Iola
November 3rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
Weather played havoc apparently - Northeastern has a stellar running attack (almost beat us Henz w/it a few weeks ago), but c'mon 55 carries?!?! 3 Safeties for Rhody?!?! 22 yards passing by Coen?!?!

Yes, this was all foretold by the gods, who are pleased with Cuff and Flacco.

drpnut
November 3rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
Furman 94

Yeh, the CAA and SoCon both got real interesting today. Woffy most likely will take care of Chatty next week. So we need you guys to put it on GaSouth, and ElCid to beat Elon so Appy and Woffy can share the title and Woffy getting the auto. Wishful thinking?

If that happens SoCon only gets two teams in. It would be nice to have 3 or 4. I'm conflicted.

Peace

furman94
November 3rd, 2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I am looking forward to upseting jorga southren next week!

Seven Would Be Nice
November 3rd, 2007, 06:44 PM

NO CHANCE!!!

THE REVENGE TOUR CONTINUES TO ROLL THROUGH NEXT WEEK!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!

furman94
November 3rd, 2007, 07:52 PM
Um ok... whatever

Baldy
November 3rd, 2007, 10:18 PM
Bring it on Fermin fan!!!

Grizalltheway
November 3rd, 2007, 10:19 PM
Gotta go with GaSou in that one. xnodx

UMass922
November 3rd, 2007, 11:46 PM
What a day! Northeastern beats UNH and Rhody beats UMass! Smite my Southern tail if I'm wrong (Seeing as I know zilch about New England sports) but was any of this expected?

Well, we knew the weather would be horrendous going in and that does tend to act as a bit of a leveller/equalizer, so I wasn't expecting high-scoring blowouts--but it was shocking nonetheless to see Northeastern and URI actually win. Not as shocking, though, as it would have been on a clear-weather day.

But as I said in another thread about the UMass game: the weather was responsible for the low scoring and the low total yardage, but not for the outcome. Both teams played in the same conditions. UMass had chances to win and didn't get it done. I don't know if it was a looking-ahead situation (we have UNH next week) or what. But now our margin of error for these last two games has been greatly reduced, and the playoffs no longer seem like such a sure thing. There's a lot of work still left to do.