PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 FCS Overachiever Teams of 2022

SU DOG
December 31st, 2022, 03:14 PM
FCS: Top 10 Overachieving Teams of 2022 - Underdog Dynasty (https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2022/12/30/23524972/fcs-samford-bulldogs-semo-redhawks-idaho-vandals-st-thomas-tommies-gardner-webb-slu-lions)

FUBeAR
December 31st, 2022, 03:18 PM
FCS: Top 10 Overachieving Teams of 2022 - Underdog Dynasty (https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2022/12/30/23524972/fcs-samford-bulldogs-semo-redhawks-idaho-vandals-st-thomas-tommies-gardner-webb-slu-lions)
Nice

ysubigred
December 31st, 2022, 05:26 PM
Not to sound like a homer here but YSU was up there.. was picked to finish 9th and ended up tied for 3rd in the toughest conference in the FCS..

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

lionsrking2
December 31st, 2022, 06:12 PM
Southeastern Louisiana shouldn’t be on the list. We were picked to win our league and did and finished 9-4, right at expectations. We did overcome 17 season ending injuries by week 3, so in that regard we are overachieved but not based on preseason expectations.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 31st, 2022, 06:26 PM
Penn should be on this list imo.

gofurman
December 31st, 2022, 08:38 PM
You and I argued some. Lol. I admire your objectivity but once UIW showed their talent y’all did very well. congrats.

CONGRATS TO ALL THE TEAMS ON THE LIST !!

BeamMeUp
December 31st, 2022, 08:53 PM
Not to sound like a homer here but YSU was up there.. was picked to finish 9th and ended up tied for 3rd in the toughest conference in the FCS..

Clearly overachieved, but to make this list it appears you had to be a playoff team to qualify if my memory of the bracket is correct. 👎

2023! BEAM ME UP

mmiller_34
December 31st, 2022, 11:29 PM
They should do an “underachiever “ article and the just talk about Missouri State for the entire article

FUBeAR
January 1st, 2023, 12:36 AM
They should do an “underachiever “ article and the just talk about Missouri State for the entire article
Chattanooga respectfully asks Missouri State to hold their 2022 beer…and their 2021 beer…and their 2020/Spring 2021 beer

JSUSoutherner
January 1st, 2023, 09:04 AM
Holy Cross not being on this list completely invalidates it.

VandalBasher
January 1st, 2023, 09:46 AM
Idaho needed only one change: the Coach. The talent was there to compete in the BSC.

Coach Petrino, after one season at Central Michigan, has already had "Fire Petrino" threads on the CMU message board while Brother Bobby is sought after for FBS gigs.

JacksFan40
January 1st, 2023, 11:54 AM
Idaho needed only one change: the Coach. The talent was there to compete in the BSC.

Coach Petrino, after one season at Central Michigan, has already had "Fire Petrino" threads on the CMU message board while Brother Bobby is sought after for FBS gigs.
Petrino would’ve been out of Moscow if not for that random 9 win season/bowl win in 2016. That bought him a few more years.

mmiller_34
January 1st, 2023, 02:10 PM
Chattanooga respectfully asks Missouri State to hold their 2022 beer…and their 2021 beer…and their 2020/Spring 2021 beer[/COLOR][/INDENT]

[/COLOR]

Sure. Not questions there.

But let me remind you, Missouri State was ranked #4 in the nation on week 4 — they ended the season with a losing record.

Chattanooga was highly ranked early too, but at least they finished with a winning record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Crusader 2010
January 2nd, 2023, 05:33 AM
Holy Cross not being on this list completely invalidates it.

If we'd somehow managed to beat South Dakota State and reach the semis, yes. But I'd say our season more or less matched expectations as far as how far we ended up going in the postseason. Of course, I didn't predict an undefeated regular season but I think most thought such a result was a definite possibility once we beat Buffalo to open the season.

I do think Holy Cross 2022 was the best team to rep the Patriot League since the 2003 Colgate team (only PL team to reach the final and only PL team to reach the semis). I put us slightly ahead of 2018 Colgate due to the FBS win and a stronger performance in the quarterfinals against #1.

Long story short, we started the season ranked in the low teens and will finish probably finish at #6.

caribbeanhen
January 2nd, 2023, 07:15 AM
If we'd somehow managed to beat South Dakota State and reach the semis, yes. But I'd say our season more or less matched expectations as far as how far we ended up going in the postseason. Of course, I didn't predict an undefeated regular season but I think most thought such a result was a definite possibility once we beat Buffalo to open the season.

I do think Holy Cross 2022 was the best team to rep the Patriot League since the 2003 Colgate team (only PL team to reach the final and only PL team to reach the semis). I put us slightly ahead of 2018 Colgate due to the FBS win and a stronger performance in the quarterfinals against #1.

Long story short, we started the season ranked in the low teens and will finish probably finish at #6.

Agree

Gil Dobie
January 2nd, 2023, 07:20 AM
It wasn't surprising that St Thomas went thru the Pioneer unscathed.

taper
January 2nd, 2023, 02:41 PM
MOST nearly beat #10 Arkansas in week 3. I voted them #1 based on season to date, and #4 was completely warranted. They fell apart after that game, but at the time they looked amazing.

ncspiderfan
January 3rd, 2023, 06:31 PM
Penn should be on this list imo.

I would have a hard time arguing against you on that.

ysubigred
January 4th, 2023, 08:29 PM
MOST nearly beat #10 Arkansas in week 3. I voted them #1 based on season to date, and #4 was completely warranted. They fell apart after that game, but at the time they looked amazing.Can't believe da Bears found their grove when the Guins went to their house.. Can't believe the womanizing motorcycle crasher is still there after ****ing up the 22 season.

Chalupa Batman
January 4th, 2023, 09:15 PM
Can't believe da Bears found their grove when the Guins went to their house.. Can't believe the womanizing motorcycle crasher is still there after ****ing up the 22 season.

Petrino just got hired to be OC at Texas A&M today…….. less than a month after leaving Mo. State to be OC at UNLV.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35379116/texas-hiring-bobby-petrino-offensive-coordinator

ysubigred
January 5th, 2023, 07:51 PM
Petrino just got hired to be OC at Texas A&M today…….. less than a month after leaving Mo. State to be OC at UNLV.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35379116/texas-hiring-bobby-petrino-offensive-coordinatorJust seen that good catch.

Redbird 4th & short
January 7th, 2023, 07:49 AM
You guys definitely impressed ... always hard to know who is legit coming from lesser conferences with questionable SOS. But you guys proved you belonged in top 10 without doubt .. very nice season for Holy Cross !!!