PDA

View Full Version : SoCon QB's showing off....

appstate38
November 3rd, 2007, 04:11 PM
SoCon fans. The QB's are just showing off today. Edwards rushed for 291, which is a new App record I believe. Haven't heard what Foster did for the Eagles but he was also over 200 yards on the day.

Elon and Furman are scoring a ton of points so Riddle and Gray should be doing some good work also... Lets get some updates on another crazy day of offense in the SoCon.

Going to be very tough to pick a POW this week.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 3rd, 2007, 04:13 PM
SoCon fans. The QB's are just showing off today. Edwards rushed for 291, which is a new App record I believe. Haven't heard what Foster did for the Eagles but he was also over 200 yards on the day.

Elon and Furman are scoring a ton of points so Riddle and Gray should be doing some good work also... Lets get some updates on another crazy day of offense in the SoCon.

Foster had 232 rushing yards at halftime, he didn't put up crazy number in the second half, but still a decent amount. I'm not sure of the total.

gophoenix
November 3rd, 2007, 04:21 PM
Scott Riddle has 534 yards throwing. 3 INTs, 52-49 soon to be loss.

Eaglesrus
November 3rd, 2007, 04:49 PM
So, how they gonna pick an offensive player of the week in the conference this week? Or will there be a 5 or 6 way tie?

trusty
November 3rd, 2007, 05:22 PM

Foster ended the day with 279 yards rushing on 28 carries and 3 TDs. 57 yards passing.

JMUSaxMRD
November 3rd, 2007, 06:02 PM
I'm not trying to sound like a naysayer or be mean, but with all of these "great offenses" doesn't that mean the socon is filled with mediocre at best defenses?

Seven Would Be Nice
November 3rd, 2007, 06:05 PM
I'm not trying to sound like a naysayer or be mean, but with all of these "great offenses" doesn't that mean the socon is filled with mediocre at best defenses?

It's hard to gauge how good the defenses in th conference are since we have a bunch of good offenses. We have only had a few blow outs in the conference this year.. It's been a crazy one down here. We really won't tell how good we all are until the playoffs.

GboroAppFan
November 3rd, 2007, 06:05 PM

I think that is a fair statement.

ASU88
November 3rd, 2007, 06:07 PM
Well ... yes, actually, you may be right.

It also could be that the defenses haven't yet caught up with what the offenses are doing. The spread (& option) hasn't been handled well by anyone on a consistent basis yet.

gophoenix
November 3rd, 2007, 08:03 PM

Maybe somewhat, but they are giving up modest yards. I think it is safe to say the defenses are just plain banged up right now for everyone. We are down to the 3rd string person in many positions on defense right now. And we lost even more today.

jonmac
November 3rd, 2007, 08:29 PM

If this is true, and it could be, then defense is down across the board in both FCS and FBS. Lots of high scoring/yardage games this year period. I think it has do to do more with most teams concentrating more on their offenses over the past several years, both scheme and recruiting. I think it is one of those cyclical things.

SuperEagle
November 3rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
Maybe somewhat, but they are giving up modest yards. I think it is safe to say the defenses are just plain banged up right now for everyone. We are down to the 3rd string person in many positions on defense right now. And we lost even more today.
I hear ya' on that one. Late in our game one of our RB's played CB for the first time all season. Due to injuries and suspensions, we had no one else to play back there.

seantaylor
November 4th, 2007, 01:34 AM
The Socon O will win ANY game against out of conference foes. You have to give J Foster the player of the week. Senior. And, absolutely dominated.

gophoenix
November 4th, 2007, 07:22 AM
The Socon O will win ANY game against out of conference foes. You have to give J Foster the player of the week. Senior. And, absolutely dominated.

Ok, then I think Riddle goes back to freshman of the week, I guess?

gsugt1
November 4th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Ok, then I think Riddle goes back to freshman of the week, I guess?

Great game by Riddle but you did lose. Not sure what the criteria is for POW though ?

proasu89
November 4th, 2007, 07:39 AM

I don't know about "have". It's my guess that they award Co offensive players. Edwards runs for 291, throws for 133 and 2 TD's, while sitting out 2 possesions. Who knows, they may split it up 3 ways w/ Riddle.xtwocentsx

appstate38
November 4th, 2007, 12:21 PM

Not so fast my friend. Edwards rushed for 291 with 2 TD's and 2 TD passes. Are you sure you don't want to reconsidered who had the better game? They may have to share it, but Foster isn't going to get it by himself.

appfan2008
November 4th, 2007, 12:26 PM
foster is a stud but in my very biased opinion edwards had the better day

pete4256
November 4th, 2007, 12:31 PM
foster is a stud but in my very biased opinion edwards had the better day

Statistically, yes. I didn't see Edwards Saturday, but I do know that Foster did things Saturday I've never seen. They're two very different QBs. I wonder what Foster would do given the spread field and huge amounts of room Edwards gets weekly instead of 11 defenders sniffing him out on every play.

Then again, if Foster was a real passing threat or had the numerous playmakers App has on offense, he probably would get the space.

ElonPride
November 4th, 2007, 12:35 PM
I don't know about "have". It's my guess that they award Co offensive players. Edwards runs for 291, throws for 133 and 2 TD's, while sitting out 2 possesions. Who knows, they may split it up 3 ways w/ Riddle.xtwocentsx

Riddle did set a SoCon record for passing yards in a game......

If I had to vote, it would go the way of Foster. Simply an amazing player.

Saint3333
November 4th, 2007, 01:09 PM
All had great days, but my homer pick is...

Edwards

Against the #1 defense in the SoCon (prior to Saturday at least;) ):

290 rushing (runs of 80, 60 and 40)
140 pashing
4 stitches in his chin at the half
1 cracked helmet

Give the kid the honors.

straightshooter
November 4th, 2007, 02:11 PM
They've had Co-POW before. Why not have Tri-POW. All three deserve the honor.

PaladinFan
November 4th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Jerome Felton might also get a look. 155 yrds on the ground and 4 touchdowns should leave Eagle fans with a little uneasiness looking to next week.

I think Hudgins deserves the nod over Riddle, though. He was without a doubt the best opposing player I have personally seen in Paladin Stadium. He caught half of Riddle's balls for nearly half the yardage, making some of the most acrobatic catches I've ever seen.

Riddle is good, he may even one day be great, but he didn't impress me near as much as Hudgins.