PDA

View Full Version : CAA Week 10 Recap

UNHWildCats
November 3rd, 2007, 03:54 PM
Standings after week 10 games

Update after Richmond/Villanova game is final.

CAA North
...................Conf.....All
Team...............W..L.....W..L
Massachusetts......5..1.....7..2
Hofstra............4..2.....7..2
New Hampshire......3..3.....6..3
Maine..............2..4.....3..6
Northeastern.......1..5.....2..7
Rhode Island.......1..5.....2..7

CAA South
...................Conf.....All
Team...............W..L.....W..L
Delaware...........5..1.....8..1
Richmond...........5..1.....7..2
James Madison......4..2.....6..3
Villanova..........3..3.....5..4
William & Mary.....2..4.....4..5
Towson.............1..5.....3..6

Week 10 Results
Northeastern 31 at New Hampshire 13
Massachusetts 6 at Rhode Island 12
James Madison 34 at Delaware 37
Towson 13 at Maine 16
William & Mary 14 at Hofstra 38
Villanova 27 at Richmond 35

Week 11 Schedule
New Hampshire at Massachusetts 12:00PM
Villanova at Towson 12:00PM
Rhode Island at Maine 12:00PM
Hofstra at Northeastern 12:00PM
Richmond at Delaware 1:00PM
James Madison at William & Mary 7:00PM

Uncle Buck
November 3rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
Wow, what a day in the CAA, I can't believe some of these scores. I think the TOP in the Northeastern/UNH game was the most lopsided i have ever seen. Also, talk about freaky, UMass ties it with the third safety of the game only to lose in OT. What an unvelievable day of football.

UNHWildCats
November 3rd, 2007, 04:14 PM
We could see Delaware finish at 9-2 and Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Hofstra, Richmond and James Madison all finish at 8-3. Who do you think gets in then.

Assuming Umass loses to UNH and beats Hofstra there in.

If Hofstra loses to Umass there out.

If Richmond goes 8-3 I say there in because the 3rd loss would be to a decent CAA team as there last three including today is Villanova, William & Mary and Delaware.

James Madison has 3 good losses. FBS North Carolina and losses to Delaware and Richmond by a combined 4 points.

New Hampshire is tough to call. If they finish 8-3 it means they beat Umass and thus would have beaten them as well as Delaware the top team in the CAA as well as FBS Marshall. The Northeastern loss could be critical but I think they would be the last one in.

Its helps the CAA that Wofford and Elon both lose today. Montana State is out with its loss today, Eastern Washington could still make the Big Sky a 2 bid conference.

Western Illinois lost making the Gateway a 2 bid conference.

The OVC could just be a 1 bid conference.

Fordham clinched the Patriot today and again very likely a 1 bid conference.

Unless Central Arkansas beats McNeese in the final week to take the Southland there also likely a 1 bid conference.

UNH fans need to root for an Eastern Washington loss and just 1 bid from the Big Sky.

WrenFGun
November 3rd, 2007, 04:19 PM
I'm not so sure UMass is in if they lose to UNH. They certainly wouldn't be in over UNH, who woud have beaten them. I think Richmond is feeling comfy...but what a devastating loss by UNH today.

drpnut
November 3rd, 2007, 04:19 PM
I believe in UNH finishes 8-3, 4-3 in league they will lose out to a SoCon team that finishes with only two loses.

JMU is in the same predicament.

YoUDeeMan
November 3rd, 2007, 04:27 PM
We could see Delaware finish at 9-2 and Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Hofstra, Richmond and James Madison all finish at 8-3. Who do you think gets in then.

Unless Central Arkansas beats McNeese in the final week to take the Southland there also likely a 1 bid conference.

Central Ark is not eligible for the Southland title. That will be a one bid league.

We could also see UD finish at 10-1.

Col Hogan
November 3rd, 2007, 04:30 PM

Assuming Umass loses to UNH and beats Hofstra there in.

If Hofstra loses to Umass there out.

If Richmond goes 8-3 I say there in because the 3rd loss would be to a decent CAA team as there last three including today is Villanova, William & Mary and Delaware.

James Madison has 3 good losses. FBS North Carolina and losses to Delaware and Richmond by a combined 4 points.

New Hampshire is tough to call. If they finish 8-3 it means they beat Umass and thus would have beaten them as well as Delaware the top team in the CAA as well as FBS Marshall. The Northeastern loss could be critical but I think they would be the last one in.

Its helps the CAA that Wofford and Elon both lose today. Montana State is out with its loss today, Eastern Washington could still make the Big Sky a 2 bid conference.

Western Illinois lost making the Gateway a 2 bid conference.

The OVC could just be a 1 bid conference.

Fordham clinched the Patriot today and again very likely a 1 bid conference.

UNH fans need to root for an Eastern Washington loss and just 1 bid from the Big Sky.

Now, let's ASSUME UNH loses to UMass next week in Amherst.....xchinscratchx

Uncle Buck
November 3rd, 2007, 04:34 PM
All i know is that HU has to win out no matter what, 8-3 doesn't get us in no matter what anyone else does. We need to be 9-2, hell, even then i'm not certain we get in.

rcny46
November 3rd, 2007, 04:36 PM
I believe in UNH finishes 8-3, 4-3 in league they will lose out to a SoCon team that finishes with only two loses.

JMU is in the same predicament.

I definitely agree with you on that scenario.I think in-league losses will be a major consideration.

UNHWildCats
November 3rd, 2007, 04:43 PM
GSU and ASU are the only 2 loss teams remaining in the SoCon.

The SoCon could get only 2 or 3 bids including their auto so Lets say they get 3 and the other 7 AQ thats 10. Assume East Wash gets in and SIU will for sure. thats 12. That still leaves 4 At large bids and maybe the SoCon can get a 4th team if not that leaves 4 and really no one else but the CAA and the SoCon are deserving of more then 2. If Eastern Washington loses another game there done, and there losuing in the 2nd ATR if that happens and the 4 CAA teams above all finish 8-3 then they all get in.

UNHWildCats
November 3rd, 2007, 04:54 PM
Heres where everyone stands at this moment:

Big Sky
Montana 9-0
Eastern Washington 5-3

CAA
Massachusetts 7-2
Delaware 8-1
New Hampshire 6-3
Richmond 6-2
James Madison 6-3
Hofstra 7-2
Villanova 5-3

Gateway
Northern Iowa 9-0
Southern Illinois 8-1

MEAC
Delaware State 8-1
Norfolk State 6-2

Ohio Valley
Eastern Kentucky 7-2
Eastern Illinois 6-3

Patriot
Fordham 8-2

SoCon
Georgia Southern 7-2
Appalachian State 7-2
Elon 6-3
Wofford 7-3

Southland
McNeese 8-0

Thats 21 teams vying for 16 spots.

I think the OVA and MEAC get 1 bid each so were down to 19 teams. Hofstra and Villanova prolly have very little chance so were down to 17. If Eastern Washington loses a game there out, thats 16 with 5 CAA and 4 SoCon getting in.

UNHWildCats
November 3rd, 2007, 04:56 PM
If Cal Poly wins out they may have a strong case at 8-3 with a win over North Dakota state.

Uncle Buck
November 3rd, 2007, 05:04 PM
Why would HU have very little chance, if they win out they are 9-2 and that would include a win over UMass. Do you think they get left home at
9-2? If HU has three L's than they are done, but they are very capable of beating both teams left on their schedule.

UNHWildCats
November 3rd, 2007, 05:07 PM
i dont think they have any chance against UMass. Obviously if they beat Umass then there chances are MUCH better. But they need to beat UMass or theres no chance.

By all means go out and beat UMass after UNH takes em down, then we can both sit back and enjoy UMass being at home instead of in the playoffs :D

Uncle Buck
November 3rd, 2007, 05:10 PM
You can't judge HU by the last two weeks, it's the worst stretch of football that we had the entire season. Mental breakdowns, unforced errors, but in crappy weather today we played much better. I know W&M has a poor defense, but we totally shut down their offense as well.

We'll worry about Northeastern first, if we take care of that, then the UMass game could be huge for both teams.

art vandelay
November 3rd, 2007, 05:12 PM
All i know is that if UNH wants to do anything they better learn how to play defense. Today was one of the most frustrating games i have ever seen.

UNHWildCats
November 3rd, 2007, 05:14 PM
i agree... i wanted to throw things more then once today.