PDA

View Full Version : Fordham's In

JoltinJoe
November 3rd, 2007, 03:32 PM
Fordham 24, Holy Cross 21. Rams sew up PL autobid.

Mountain Panther
November 3rd, 2007, 03:33 PM
Congrats Rams!

Franks Tanks
November 3rd, 2007, 03:38 PM
Congrats to Fordham, you deserve the title xthumbsupx . Also Detroit Flyer let me be the first to admit defeat-I predicted a HC win. Que up the Dayton deserves a playoff bid arguements by the Flyer.

DetroitFlyer
November 3rd, 2007, 03:39 PM
Great job Rams. Hope to join you. Dayton won today 61-0 over Butler to become playoff eligible. The Flyer football nation sends out a big congratulations to the Ram football nation!!!!!!!!

breezy
November 3rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
From a disappointed Holy Cross alum, congratulations to Fordham, which played a tough, hard game and deserved the victory. The Fordham running game was a bit of a surprise, but it allowed the Rams to maintain possession of the ball and eat up chunks of clock, keeping the ball away from the HC offense.

I hope Fordham represents the PL well in the playoffs.

bulldog10jw
November 3rd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Way to go Fordham. Have a great playoff run.xthumbsupx

eaglesrthe1
November 3rd, 2007, 03:54 PM
Great job Rams. Hope to join you. Dayton won today 61-0 over Butler to become playoff eligible. The Flyer football nation sends out a big congratulations to the Ram football nation!!!!!!!!

Anything is possible, but the way it's shaping up is that the playoff field is going to be loaded with high quality at large contenders this year. At this point it looks unlikely, IMO.

Dane96
November 3rd, 2007, 03:55 PM
Congrats from Albany fans!!!!

Seahawks Fan
November 3rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Congratulations Rams! Good luck in the playoffs. From your neighbors on Staten Island. xthumbsupx

FCS Preview
November 3rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Congrats Rams!

DFW HOYA
November 3rd, 2007, 04:07 PM
Yes, congratulations. From 3-8 to the PL title in one year.

As opposed to, say, going from 2-9 to 1-10.

Brad82
November 3rd, 2007, 04:14 PM
After watching Fordham beat Rhody- I told a Fordham fan,they could do something this year.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 3rd, 2007, 08:05 PM
Congrats Fordham!

YaleFootballFan
November 3rd, 2007, 08:11 PM
Congratulations to the Fordham Rams!

Also, congratulations to Holy Cross on a fine season. I would love to see you guys get an at-large bid.

danefan
November 3rd, 2007, 08:54 PM
Congrats Rams!

Fordham
November 3rd, 2007, 08:57 PM
Wow - just tremendous to win it this year!! Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Joe, always good to see you at another victory celebration.

HC, congrats on a great season and for the never say die spunk that your team displayed. It truly came down to the last seconds - thank God for that INT!!

For anyone interested, here are some pictures from the game: Fordham - Holy Cross Pictures (http://mycanonpictures.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album01&id=IMG_7975_001). A Fordham poster put this link up so I would imagine he wouldn't mind me sharing it here. The last picture in the group is actually the INT from Crockett that sealed the win.

Also, great to see us exceed capacity with an announced crowd of 8,300 in our 7,000 seat stadium ... particularly on a day when the weather was a huge unknown and pretty poor overall (although it clearly could have been much worse).

So, who are we likely to get in Round 1? Anyone have any strong ideas or a good short list? Given that our last HC is coaching at Hofstra and the onen before him is HC at Richmond, both would have interesting storylines if they're the matchup (Hofstra sure would be nice for travel purposes).

Pards Rule
November 3rd, 2007, 08:58 PM
Yes congrats to the Rams...Vince is celebrating up there

LeopardFan04
November 3rd, 2007, 08:58 PM
Congrats Rams!

Ivytalk
November 3rd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Excellent job, Fordham! xbowx xbowx The Columbia PA announcer kept the "crowd" posted on the game!

kardplayer
November 3rd, 2007, 09:49 PM
Congrats to Fordham and to your fans. Way to pull it together after a not so pretty start.

I'm guessing the Rams will be heading up to UMass for the opener, but if Hofstra gets in, they are virtually a lock to play each other.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 3rd, 2007, 09:57 PM
FYI, there will be more pictures up Monday on CSN of this game... xnodx

Fordham
November 4th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Congrats to Fordham and to your fans. Way to pull it together after a not so pretty start.

I'm guessing the Rams will be heading up to UMass for the opener, but if Hofstra gets in, they are virtually a lock to play each other.

Thanks. Regarding round 1, the consensus seems to be having us travel to Delaware after UMASS' loss to URI yesterday. A Hofstra matchup (very much a longshot at best) would be ideal, though, due to location AND the fact that our former HC is their Ass't HC now.

LehighFan11
November 4th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Yea odds are you guys will be playing @ Delaware if they dont lose another game. Congrats for winning the PL and good luck in the playoffs!

hc12
November 4th, 2007, 10:01 AM
great win for the Rams! Good luck in the playoffs.

BlueHen86
November 4th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks. Regarding round 1, the consensus seems to be having us travel to Delaware after UMASS' loss to URI yesterday. A Hofstra matchup (very much a longshot at best) would be ideal, though, due to location AND the fact that our former HC is their Ass't HC now.
Congrats Fordham!xthumbsupx

My guess is that it will be Del St traveling to UD.

JoltinJoe
November 4th, 2007, 10:43 AM
From a disappointed Holy Cross alum, congratulations to Fordham, which played a tough, hard game and deserved the victory. The Fordham running game was a bit of a surprise, but it allowed the Rams to maintain possession of the ball and eat up chunks of clock, keeping the ball away from the HC offense.

I hope Fordham represents the PL well in the playoffs.

Thanks breezy. This game could have gone either way but nonetheless the Holy Cross fans in attendance, despite their disppointment, were gracious, wishing us luck in the playoffs and congratulatiing our fans as we were leaving the stadium.

We appreciate your kind words and support. Hoping an at-large looms in your future.

Fordham
November 4th, 2007, 01:17 PM
breezy - I'll echo what Joe said. You guys traveled very well yesterday and handled the whole thing with a ton of class. Good luck getting an at-large.

BlueHen - what's your best guess, then? I would assume UMASS but Hofstra seems a possibility if they win out (which means a loss for UMASS).

Go...gate
November 4th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Congratulations to Fordham. I am sure that many of the Old Rams like Kochel, Paquin, "W" and Lombardi, watching from the skyboxes, were pleased and proud. :) Best of luck going forward!!!

aceinthehole
November 4th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Congrats to Fordham and Coach Masella. He's jdone a great job there and now has won conference titles in 3 of his last 4 years.

He won back-to-back NEC titles in his only 2 years at CCSU. And now he has won the PL title and and the AQ bid in just his 2nd year with the Rams.

Very impressive!

flyenhigh
November 4th, 2007, 05:11 PM
CONGRATS TO FORDHAM. GO GET EM IN THE PLAYOFFS. DAYTON FANS WILL BE PULLING FOR U GUYS ALL THE WAY.........

TEAR IT UP

JoltinJoe
November 5th, 2007, 08:05 AM

And congratulations to Dayton, the true PL champion.;)

OL FU
November 5th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Congratulations to FUxnodx xeyebrowx xrolleyesx xbawlingx xlolx

DetroitFlyer
November 5th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Dayton as the PL Champion...? Well, we will never know. All I can say is that it is exceptionally hard to win any FCS conference. Fordham has the chance to go undefeated in conference play. Dayton has not been able to do that in the PFL having lost to a very good Morehead State team.... I do think that Dayton should join Fordham in the playoffs, but unfortunately, I am not on the committee....xbawlingx

Fordham absolutely earned the PL title this year and the PL autobid. A remarkable feat by any measure, coming off a 3-8 season.... If I had a vote for coach of the year, I just might be looking towards the Bronx!

Congratulations again to Fordham! Good luck in the playoffs! The Flyer nation is behind you all the way, unless we meet up in one of the later rounds....

Also, please feel free to "promote" my current mantra; ( assuming the Flyers defeat Drake ):

Dayton Flyers for an at large bid in 2007 baby!!!!!

crusader11
November 5th, 2007, 09:23 AM
My high school's JV team has as good of a chance to make the playoffs as Dayton does.

DetroitFlyer
November 5th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Well, at least my team, ( Dayton ), was able to defeat Fordham, at Fordham.... How did your team, ( Holy Cross ), fare against the Rams? Maybe you can lend your uniforms to your high school JV the next time HC plays the Rams, and let the JV team play the game for you, so that you actually have a chance of winning!xlolx

I think that a 10-1, 8-1 FCS Dayton, with wins over the PL AQ, and the #24 team in the FCS coaches poll at the time, (San Diego ), is not that far fetched for an at large bid in 2007.

lizrdgizrd
November 5th, 2007, 09:52 AM
I think that a 10-1, 8-1 FCS Dayton, with wins over the PL AQ, and the #24 team in the FCS coaches poll at the time, (San Diego ), is not that far fetched for an at large bid in 2007.
Unfortunately for you most others do think it's far-fetched. xnonono2x

Fordham
November 5th, 2007, 10:49 AM
By the way, I think the weather/wind at the game on Saturday made both QB's much less impressive than I believe they've been throughout the season (Skelton certainly moreso than Randolph) but I have to say that McDermott is the best WR I've seen all season. He's fast ... appears to have size (although I didn't check his #'s) and wow does he have great hands and is very, very tough. I watched the replay of his TD catch over and over again and he took a bone jarring hit from Matt Louks on that play and still held on. Very, very impressive player.

The other guy that stood out on HC was DE, #44. Not sure of his name but his speed rush absolutely killed us throughout the game.

flyenhigh
November 5th, 2007, 12:40 PM
My high school's JV team has as good of a chance to make the playoffs as Dayton does.

You just set yourself up xoopsx

Ruler 79
November 5th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Albany won at Fordham as well and has played a FAR TOUGHER SCHEDULE then Dayton. Why wouldn't they (should they finish 8-3) be in before Dayton????

Sorry for the hijacking of the thread. CONGRATS FORDHAM!!!! Well done. Looks like next years game will be a doozy in Albany!

JoltinJoe
November 5th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Albany won at Fordham as well and has played a FAR TOUGHER SCHEDULE then Dayton. Why wouldn't they (should they finish 8-3) be in before Dayton????

Sorry for the hijacking of the thread. CONGRATS FORDHAM!!!! Well done. Looks like next years game will be a doozy in Albany!

Is there a confirmed date for next year? Last I heard, Fordham had 10 games scheduled and no open weeks that worked with Albany.

Ruler 79
November 5th, 2007, 01:36 PM
No info I just assumed the game was to be played as usual as it looks like it is becoming a nice rivalry. Hopefully we can aslso develope with Colgate as well.

Hopefully the PL elite alumni don't have a problem with continuing the games with UA.

danefan
November 5th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Yes. Coach Ford was quoted last week on our OOC schedule including a home game against Fordham.

See 2008 Schedules threat that I cannot find.

Go...gate
November 5th, 2007, 02:59 PM
No info I just assumed the game was to be played as usual as it looks like it is becoming a nice rivalry. Hopefully we can aslso develope with Colgate as well.

Hopefully the PL elite alumni don't have a problem with continuing the games with UA.

Not this PL alum. I hope there will be frequent games between Albany and Colgate.

JoltinJoe
November 5th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Yes. Coach Ford was quoted last week on our OOC schedule including a home game against Fordham.

See 2008 Schedules threat that I cannot find.

Cool. So now we can officially say wait until next year.

Is the game October 4? I know that was the date Fordham was asking Albany to accommodate. The game was usually the second week of the season, but Fordham had already booked that date with Dayton sometime back in 2003.

danefan
November 5th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Cool. So now we can officially say wait until next year.

Is the game October 4? I know that was the date Fordham was asking Albany to accommodate. The game was usually the second week of the season, but Fordham had already booked that date with Dayton sometime back in 2003.

I'm not sure. It has consistently been the second weekend in September (the closest weekend to Sept. 11th). Found the quote:

"If you think our schedule was tough this year, listen to next year's schedule. We are playing UMass, Fordham, New Hampshire, Hofstra, and Delaware to start the season. Four of those games are on the road."

If you take that to mean the order, then it puts the game the second week.

LBPop
November 5th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Let me add my sincere congratulations. While being a Hoya fan has been a painful experience this season, there's something about seeing the PL title decided by none of the "Big Three" that helps relieve some of the pain. I will be avidly rooting for you in the playoffs and also hoping for an at-large bid for the gallant Crusaders.xhurrayx

colorless raider
November 5th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Ah ha! That quote goes on the Raider bulletin board. We want to be an at large representative if we whip the Hoya and HC the following week.:)

Go...gate
November 5th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Ah ha! That quote goes on the Raider bulletin board. We want to be an at large representative if we whip the Hoya and HC the following week.:)

It may be tough with that Cornell loss. We needed that game.

ngineer
November 5th, 2007, 09:01 PM
It may be tough with that Cornell loss. We needed that game.

Agreed. Had you won Cornell, I think a real good chance existed for an at-large at 9-2. At 8-3, I don't see it. I would also concur with someone else's observation that Dayton deserves an at-large having beaten Fordham earlier this year.

I think all PLers will be pulling hard for the Rams...and as much as I am disappointed about how our season has gone, it does the League good to have some new blood every now and then rise to the head. Makes everyone try harder, knowing that hard work and effort can turn anyone's prior 3-8 into a championship. Masella should be COY IMO.

JoltinJoe
November 6th, 2007, 05:50 AM
I'm not sure. It has consistently been the second weekend in September (the closest weekend to Sept. 11th). Found the quote:

"If you think our schedule was tough this year, listen to next year's schedule. We are playing UMass, Fordham, New Hampshire, Hofstra, and Delaware to start the season. Four of those games are on the road."

If you take that to mean the order, then it puts the game the second week.

Maybe we juggled our date at Dayton. In any event, this is welcome news. I don't know about the Albany side but, on the Fordham side, the Albany game is becoming an out-of-conference game to which folks look forward. I know that there have been many ties between the coaching staffs that make for a solid, competitive rivalry.

Fordham
November 6th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Agreed that this has developed into a nice rivalry and one that's appreciated on the Fordham side. I have to reiterate that in the games I saw, there was no more physical team on both sides of the ball than Albany.

The NEC/PFL game is going to be very interesting given that those are the only 2 losses on our schedule this year.

danefan
November 6th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I for one absolutely love the Fordham/Albany rivalry and hope that it continues forever. I sat behind Father McShane at the game this year and he agreed with me. He is a really great person and seemed to be a great supporter of the team. Not the best place to sit though...I had to watch everything I said.xsmiley_wix