PDA

View Full Version : 2022 AGS Survival Pool, National Championship: NDSU vs. SDSU

Chalupa Batman
December 18th, 2022, 07:57 PM
Just like last season, 3 people have made it through to the championship game. Unlike last season, all 3 people have one of the teams available to be able to make a valid pick! xlolx

Here's who's remains and what remaining teams they have picked.

caribbeanhen North Dakota State

grizband South Dakota State

KPSUL North Dakota State

Eliminated this week:

atthewbon Incarnate Word, North Dakota State, Jackson State

Catatonic Jackson State, North Dakota State, No Pick Made

crusader11 Jackson State, North Dakota State, Incarnate Word

Preferred Walk On Jackson State, South Dakota State, Montana State

Chalupa Batman
December 18th, 2022, 08:07 PM
If NDSU wins grizband has won the contest this season, if SDSU wins caribbeanhen & KPSUL will tie. For a tiebreaker I will have you two message me your final score for this game (with SDSU winning of course).

Order of tiebreakers will be:

1. Closest to the sum of margin of victory AND total score (example: pick is SDSU 31-21, final is SDSU 21-20. Off by 9 on margin of victory, off by 11 on total score so off by 20 points total).
2. Closest to total score only.
3. Closest to margin of victory only.
4. I throw my hands up in the air and declare a co-champion!

Thanks again to everyone who participated and congratulations to the 3 players that made it to the championship game!

KPSUL
December 18th, 2022, 08:59 PM
Sounds good, thanks for laying this out so clearly. What is the deadline for the C-Hen and I to PM our predicted scores to you ?

Chalupa Batman
December 18th, 2022, 09:36 PM
Sounds good, thanks for laying this out so clearly. What is the deadline for the C-Hen and I to PM our predicted scores to you ?

Oh yeah, good question. I'll say by Saturday January 7th at midnight. I'll then post the picks here the next morning before the game starts so you both know what they are.

grizband
December 18th, 2022, 11:41 PM
Thanks for running this contest all season!

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2022, 10:23 AM
Rumor has it that KPSUL has a Caribbeanhen Voodoo doll that he used to poke me at various times throughout the years

This is gonna be a painful 3 weeks
t.https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/pirates/images/c/c1/Voodoo_doll.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/284?cb=20100526101051 (https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/pirates/images/c/c1/Voodoo_doll.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100526101051)

KPSUL
December 19th, 2022, 03:21 PM
Rumor has it that KPSUL has a Caribbeanhen Voodoo doll that he used to poke me at various times throughout the years

This is gonna be a painful 3 weeks
t.https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/pirates/images/c/c1/Voodoo_doll.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/284?cb=20100526101051 (https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/pirates/images/c/c1/Voodoo_doll.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100526101051)

No, but I do have a Voudon Houngan down in Haiti on retainer.

caribbeanhen
December 22nd, 2022, 01:28 PM
I probably won’t even submit my score prediction

Grizband has got this wrapped up

Chalupa Batman
January 8th, 2023, 07:03 AM
About to head over to the tailgating lots.

Tiebreaker scores for today:

KPSUL SDSU 31-21
Caribbeanhen. SDSU 30-23

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2023, 10:46 AM

KPSUL SDSU 31-21
Caribbeanhen. SDSU 30-23

enjoy what is hopefully a great game!

pretty close picks but in the end you won’t have to figure it out as the Bison are gonna win this thing again

KPSUL
January 8th, 2023, 01:01 PM
It's ok with me if you change over to NDSU!

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2023, 09:46 AM
It's ok with me if you change over to NDSU!

Most everyone knew South Dakota state was the better team this year. I got sucked into that North Dakota state mistique and thought the jack rabbits would choke again and I was wrong

looks like you are the clear winner for this game KPSUL, Something you can tell your grandchildren about 😂

congratulations!

KPSUL
January 9th, 2023, 10:07 AM
Most everyone knew South Dakota state was the better team this year. I got sucked into that North Dakota state mistique and thought the jack rabbits would choke again and I was wrong

looks like you are the clear winner for this game KPSUL, Something you can tell your grandchildren about 

congratulations!

Thanks C-Hen, we need to wait for Chalupa to sober up after drowning his sorrows in Frisco last night, but my math also indicates that I eeked out a win by 2 points - but we we both missed the spread by a Dakota country mile.

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2023, 11:09 AM
Thanks C-Hen, we need to wait for Chalupa to sober up after drowning his sorrows in Frisco last night, but my math also indicates that I eeked out a win by 2 points - but we we both missed the spread by a Dakota country mile.

Yep, I was going to wait for Chalupa before conceding as this his game, but I imagine he’s hungover from the Bison loss

This is a new kind of drink for all Bison fans to swallow

Winterborn
January 9th, 2023, 11:27 AM
Yep, I was going to wait for Chalupa before conceding as this his game, but I imagine he’s hungover from the Bison loss

This is a new kind of drink for all Bison fans to swallow

Some of them are Vikings fans, so they are used to it.

Chalupa Batman
January 9th, 2023, 01:37 PM

KPSUL SDSU 31-21
Caribbeanhen. SDSU 30-23

It came down to a very tight tiebreaker, but congratulations to KPSUL on winning this years pool!

Tiebreaker results:

KPSUL: -28 points (14 points off the margin of victory + 14 points off the total score).

Caribbeanhen: -30 points (17 points off the margin of victory + 13 points off the total score).

Thank you to everyone who participated, it’s a lot of fun to put on and hope you all enjoyed it as well.