PDA

View Full Version : LFN: Preview of Lehigh/Colgate

Lehigh Football Nation
November 2nd, 2007, 02:05 PM
It's finally up. Look for the rest of the PL predictions tomorrow, I can't possibly get them done today.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

TheValleyRaider
November 2nd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Very good analysis (and I must admit, a nice prediction too :D)

I especially like the observation that this won't be like Lehigh-Colgate battles of the past, spread-out passing vs. smashmouth running. I wonder if Colgate's experience with this style plays into their hands, especially late in the game.

Some other random thoughts on your analysis

FB Gigi Cadet is getting his second start of the year. Sr. Robert Wenger was to be the starter, but he suffered a concussion in preseason and is done for his career. Jr. Eric Tupta has been the starter all year until last week. Not sure what caused the change, but it seemed to work last week.

On the D-Line, I'm surprised you didn't mention DT Pat Nolan. He leads the PL in sacks and TFL this year and can be a very disruptive force upfront.

CB Wayne Moten is actually a converted Wide Reciever, and this will be only his third career start on the defensive side of the ball. He's been very good recently in jumping routes for picks.

Also, glad to see we rank up there on Lehigh's "Enemies" list. Always a great matchup and a fun rivalry. I can't speak for the team, but I always look forward to the Lehigh game, and expect another good one this year.

Good job, as always xthumbsupx

ngineer
November 2nd, 2007, 08:42 PM
Looking forward to my first football trip to Colgate. Visited back in 1997 when my daughter was a HS senior and doing the college tour; but this will be my first game at Andy Kerr. Hope to see my former HC Fred Dunlap. A real classy guy. Any of the Raider posters going to be there? Look for our "Trans Bridge" booster bus..we should be pulling in around 11 a.m.
Forecast is sunny and 52 degrees for a high. Wind at 10 mph. Are the visitors' stands in the sun or shade (i.e. which way does the field run n/s or e/w??

TheValleyRaider
November 2nd, 2007, 09:45 PM
N-S stadium. Sun should be behind the visitors for most of the 2nd Half, at least. The only thing that will cast a shadow, however, is the press box, so just a long area of darkness going diagonally across the field.

colgate13
November 3rd, 2007, 08:22 AM
LFN - I will activate the old blog long enough to put up the Engine 13 cup should we win... LET'S GO 'GATE!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 3rd, 2007, 08:42 AM
LFN - I will activate the old blog long enough to put up the Engine 13 cup should we win... LET'S GO 'GATE!

xlolx xlolx xlolx

I will have to find that old JPG of the FA cup, if so, if Lehigh wins! xnodx