PDA

View Full Version : 2022 National Championship: #1 South Dakota State vs #3 North Dakota State

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2022, 06:02 PM
It's the rematch for all the marbles! Will SDSU claim their first FCS national title or will NDSU claim their 10th? This game will kick off on Sunday January 8th at 1PM CT from Toyota Stadium in Frisco, TX and will be televised nationally on ABC. Here's the team stats comparison between the two:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52572571338_3dd686d0c0_c.jpg

Daytripper
December 17th, 2022, 06:03 PM
This is the national championship game we need. The Jackrabbits MUST win this game. MUST!

mvfcfan
December 17th, 2022, 06:16 PM
This is the national championship game we need. The Jackrabbits MUST win this game. MUST!

Totally agree. Go Jacks!

POD Knows
December 17th, 2022, 06:20 PM
NDSU better learn how to throw the ball of this one is over fast. Zero confidence that will happen, SDSU by 14 #BOOKIT

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2022, 06:21 PM
I feel oddly at peace about SDSU looking fantastic today and NDSU looking far less than that yesterday... give me 3 weeks of everyone talking up SDSU and talking down NDSU. My head still says SDSU wins but you can never count out the Bison in Frisco and they'll be the underdog by any measure - that's a unique position for them that I kind of enjoy seeing them in.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2022, 06:21 PM
Everybody wants us to lose. We'll be underdogs. I like our chances. Go Bison!:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2022, 06:25 PM
Bison win #10!!

#18 overall!!

xnodx

SoDakSA
December 17th, 2022, 06:35 PM
I think that this is the best matchup out of all 8 seeds. That might be my blue tinted glasses talking, but they just seem like the two most balanced teams. There's no way NDSU lays another egg throwing the ball like they did against incarnate.

I might not speak for all Jackrabbit fans, but winning our first NC wouldn't mean as much if it were against anyone else.

RabidRabbit
December 17th, 2022, 06:38 PM
Dakota Marker, Frisco style. I like the Jacks chances.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

SoDakSA
December 17th, 2022, 06:44 PM
Will any of the major contributor injuries for the Bison be healthy in 3 weeks? I've been terrible about keeping up with them?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2022, 06:45 PM
Crowd makeup in this matchup??

2/3 NDSU 1/3 SDSU ??

1/2??

3/4 NDSU??

Personally, I think it will be a bigger NDSU crowd but by how much, we'll find out.

Silenoz
December 17th, 2022, 06:55 PM
9-0

Fool me four times

ysubigred
December 17th, 2022, 06:57 PM
My Golden Buffalo's for 10!!

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2022, 07:03 PM
Will any of the major contributor injuries for the Bison be healthy in 3 weeks? I've been terrible about keeping up with them?
Who knows... my guess would be:

OUT:
FB/RB Leupke
TE Gindorff
C Sundell
RT Miller
DE Kava

QUESTIONABLE:
RB Williams
DT E Mostaert
LB Weerts
WR Nelson
DE Roques

PROBABLE:
RB Johnson
DE Waege
DT W Mostaert
LB Kaczor

I'm probably even forgetting some. I doubt Entz will give any meaningful updates regarding their playing status so we'll likely have to wait until pregame warm-ups to find out.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2022, 07:07 PM
Crowd makeup in this matchup??

2/3 NDSU 1/3 SDSU ??

1/2??

3/4 NDSU??

Personally, I think it will be a bigger NDSU crowd but by how much, we'll find out.
I'd guess it'll be 60/40 NDSU.

CPMPride
December 17th, 2022, 07:17 PM
I feel like this XDSU Bowl, the battle for all the cookies, has been brewing since the beginning of the rivalry. And as an NDSU alum, I am happy that the 'real' natty wasn't in a semi-final. No one else I would rather lose to, no one sweeter to beat.

Bill
December 17th, 2022, 07:20 PM
NDSU is like the villain in an 80's horror movie for the rest of us in FCS. I 'll believe they have been beaten when I see the head cut off of the body! And even then I'm not sure.

Waiting for Ric Flair to say something about in order to be the man the you've got to beat the manxthumbsupx

I'll take NDSU by 1, 30, or any number in between.

NDSU1980
December 17th, 2022, 07:34 PM
The Jacks are like the Minnesota Vikings. They can win games, but they can't ever win the big one. I'm going with the Bison to do it again.

JacksFan40
December 17th, 2022, 07:34 PM
Finally get the dream matchup in Frisco, should’ve happened 5 years ago but better late than never.

NDSU1980
December 17th, 2022, 07:35 PM
One other thing, is Frisco going to come close to having enough booze for these two fan bases?

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2022, 08:02 PM
NDSU better learn how to throw the ball of this one is over fast. Zero confidence that will happen, SDSU by 14 #BOOKIT

they will throw it .... Just watch how N Iowa did it right down the seam

ming01
December 17th, 2022, 08:56 PM
I think NDSU benefits by losing the first one. Gonna depend whos healthy.

ming01
December 17th, 2022, 09:05 PM
That being said, I think this is the best Jacks team we've seen. So sound on both sides of the ball and Kraft is 100%? Bison need to run effectively obviously. We need Tamerick back.

mmiller_34
December 17th, 2022, 09:06 PM
I voted for the Bizon to win because I don’t really understand how the bunnies made it this far. Pretty sure they will choke.

#OnBizon #HornsUp

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2022, 09:10 PM
I voted for the Bizon to win because I don’t really understand how the bunnies made it this far. Pretty sure they will choke.

#OnBizon #HornsUp
Ok, this time around some bold Jackrabbits fan has to be willing to do an avatar bet with Bison superfan mmiller right? Right????

mmiller_34
December 17th, 2022, 09:20 PM
Ok, this time around some bold Jackrabbits fan has to be willing to do an avatar bet with Bison superfan mmiller right? Right????

Must spread rep.

I’m willing to take on any avatar bet. My Bizon won’t be beat.

#OnBizon

gofurman
December 17th, 2022, 10:54 PM
NDSU is like the villain in an 80's horror movie for the rest of us in FCS. I 'll believe they have been beaten when I see the head cut off of the body! And even then I'm not sure.

Waiting for Ric Flair to say something about in order to be the man the you've got to beat the manxthumbsupx

I'll take NDSU by 1, 30, or any number in between.
From above:
“ I’ll take NDSU by 1, 30 or any number…”

Actually as for betting. BETTING AGAINST NDSU has been rather profitable ! Samford covered the 19 point spread. By 1 if I recall. And UIW easily covered the 9 point spread.

Though I suspect NDSU is installed as an underdog for the first time in a long time vs an FCS

Born a Rabbit
December 17th, 2022, 11:21 PM
I feel oddly at peace about SDSU looking fantastic today and NDSU looking far less than that yesterday... give me 3 weeks of everyone talking up SDSU and talking down NDSU. My head still says SDSU wins but you can never count out the Bison in Frisco and they'll be the underdog by any measure - that's a unique position for them that I kind of enjoy seeing them in.

you can NEVER count out the Bison ANYWHERE! personally i wouldnt count them out in Tuscaloosa

obviously the jacks just experienced having everyone talking up the opponent. and that doesnt mean that it might not give some motivation the the bison but you can also know for sure that public chatter is not gonna make the jacks complacent or make them overlook this opponent

and to be honest i am pretty sure neither one of these teams needs ANY outside factor to motivate them when they play each other, let alone the big trophy on the line

Born a Rabbit
December 17th, 2022, 11:32 PM
I think that this is the best matchup out of all 8 seeds. That might be my blue tinted glasses talking, but they just seem like the two most balanced teams. There's no way NDSU lays another egg throwing the ball like they did against incarnate.

I might not speak for all Jackrabbit fans, but winning our first NC wouldn't mean as much if it were against anyone else.

totally agree with that. i would have been perfectly happy to win it 2 years ago and obviously not the jacks fault that the bison were not there, but ideally any first time champ at this level should want to go through ndsu

at the same time losing to ndsu sucks more than losing to someone else too

the jacks put their whole game together for the whole game today, for the first time this year. if both teams play their BEST game, which is what you hope for, the jacks should come out on top, but anyone who thinks they are gonna walk over the bison has got their head stuck very firmly up their hind end

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2022, 07:09 AM
McFeely: A ring instead of a rock will be on the line in Frisco - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/mcfeely-a-ring-instead-of-a-rock-will-be-on-the-line-in-frisco)

The one the FCS has been waiting for: South Dakota State, North Dakota State to tangle for a national title - Mitchell Republic | News, weather, sports from Mitchell South Dakota (inforum.com) (https://www.inforum.com/sports/college/the-one-the-fcs-has-been-waiting-for-south-dakota-state-north-dakota-state-to-tangle-for-a-national-title)

semobison
December 18th, 2022, 07:34 AM
The Jacks are the better team this year. Their D gives up 87 ypg on the ground. I remember many years when the Bison had numbers like that. Unfortunately this is the weakest Bison team since 2010 and it has been decimated by injuries.

But…Any Given Saturday!

FUBeAR
December 18th, 2022, 07:42 AM
The one the FCS has been waiting for: South Dakota State, North Dakota State to tangle for a national title - Mitchell Republic | News, weather, sports from Mitchell South Dakota (inforum.com) (https://www.inforum.com/sports/college/the-one-the-fcs-has-been-waiting-for-south-dakota-state-north-dakota-state-to-tangle-for-a-national-title)

“The one the FCS has been waiting for…”

https://i.giphy.com/media/102kjhy44uF87m/giphy.webp

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2022, 08:16 AM
From above:
“ I’ll take NDSU by 1, 30 or any number…”

Actually as for betting. BETTING AGAINST NDSU has been rather profitable ! Samford covered the 19 point spread. By 1 if I recall. And UIW easily covered the 9 point spread.

Though I suspect NDSU is installed as an underdog for the first time in a long time vs an FCS
Oddly enough they were the underdog in the 2019 (January 2020) natty vs JMU despite being top ranked and undefeated riding a 30+ game winning streak with the phenom Trey Lance at QB.

Although that was only by a point or a point and a half. I'd expect SDSU to be a 3+ point favorite in this one.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2022, 08:45 AM
they will throw it .... Just watch how N Iowa did it right down the seam
Apples and oranges. Our WRS and QB got EXPOSED in the game with The Word and we are not going to be able to run the ball against this D they way they did in the rest of the playoffs.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2022, 08:49 AM
The Jacks are the better team this year. Their D gives up 87 ypg on the ground. I remember many years when the Bison had numbers like that. Unfortunately this is the weakest Bison team since 2010 and it has been decimated by injuries.

But…Any Given Saturday!They are playing on Sunday. NDSU has to be a double digit dog in this game and I see no shining light of brilliance that can adjust on our offensive side of the ball for this game. Hope I am wrong but we are just too thin at WR and not creative enough with our OC to overcome this.

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2022, 09:22 AM
“The one the FCS has been waiting for…”

https://i.giphy.com/media/102kjhy44uF87m/giphy.webp

The parts of the FCS that matter have been waiting for this, aka Brookings & Fargo.

FUBeAR
December 18th, 2022, 09:41 AM
The parts of the FCS that matter have been waiting for this, aka Brookings & Fargo.
Well, FUBeAR won’t be watching…because…

https://media.tenor.com/F86ZCshfHVAAAAAd/i-have-to-return-some-videotapes-christian-bale.gif

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2022, 09:52 AM
Well, FUBeAR won’t be watching…because…

https://media.tenor.com/F86ZCshfHVAAAAAd/i-have-to-return-some-videotapes-christian-bale.gif

Sour 🍇

POD Knows
December 18th, 2022, 09:56 AM
Postage stamp breakdown of the teams by position/position group

Advantage:

QB - Gronowski by a country mile, not even close
RB's - SDSU by a country mile, not even close
Offensive Line - Nod to SDSU but it is close, NDSU is missing two starting linemen due to injuries and have been inconsistent
WR/TE - Almost spit my coffee out on this one, it is not even close, SDSU by 20 country miles

Defensive Line - Big nod to SDSU, NDSU is sort of racked up by injuries here as well
LB's - Not close, SDSU, WAY better against the run
Secondary - Nod to NDSU here, this is the weak link in the SDSU team but they are respectable and probably good enough to minimize whatever passing game NDSU show up with

Special Teams - pretty close but I think NDSU does a better job of coverage from what I have seen, zero data to back this up, more of an eye test really, Nod to NDSU

Coaching - SDSU, way more creative, they recruit better skill position players but sometimes do strange things

Intangibles - Huge nod to NDSU, don't know if it is tradition, culture or what but they just win with teams that seemed out manned at times. You would think it would be coaching that would drive that and maybe it is but I just think, particularly on offense, that we are not that well coached.

Looking forward to the game but I think it will be a two score win for SDSU unless SDSU Stig's it up. #BOOKIT

jacksfan29!
December 18th, 2022, 10:12 AM
Three weeks for NDSU to get healthy. Three weeks for both schools to prepare. Anyone who thinks this is a blowout either way have not been paying attention. SDSU built their program to model, and compete with NDSU. This is the game that needed to happen. If SDSU wins their first title, it has to be against NDSU.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2022, 11:01 AM
I just hope it’s over 55 degrees and the turf is not a mess

Call me a wimp but these last two games at Montana St a week ago and yesterday at South Dakota St were brutal to watch ....takes away from the Football game

JFC just move those games to Antarctica... at least it’s summer down there

The Yo Show
December 18th, 2022, 11:47 AM
Honest question, does the winner of this game also get the Dakota Marker trophy? I never thought about this in the past when the same situation arose.

Bison56
December 18th, 2022, 12:03 PM
Honest question, does the winner of this game also get the Dakota Marker trophy? I never thought about this in the past when the same situation arose.

No

The Yo Show
December 18th, 2022, 12:05 PM
No

Gotcha! I wasn't sure... some trophy games exchange the trophy to the winner any time the two teams meet, regardless of whether or not they had met in the season once already. I imagine the Bison faithful would rather take home a championship trophy in this circumstance anyway xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2022, 12:37 PM
Gotcha! I wasn't sure... some trophy games exchange the trophy to the winner any time the two teams meet, regardless of whether or not they had met in the season once already. I imagine the Bison faithful would rather take home a championship trophy in this circumstance anyway xthumbsupx
This will be the 5th time they've met in the playoffs in the last 10 years so it came up back in 2012 the first time they had a playoff matchup and I'm pretty sure both sides agreed the Marker shouldn't be on the line.

It's quite the coincidence that they've met in every even numbered playoff year since 2012: 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, and now 2022. Had there been a playoff in 2020 you can bet they would've met again at some point in that tournament.

ngineer
December 18th, 2022, 01:01 PM
I was very impressed with SDSU's performance yesterday, especially their defense. Tough conditions. I certainly see the Jacks as the favorites. I'd say by 10 points.

Born a Rabbit
December 18th, 2022, 05:42 PM
are there some other teams who could make a not totally stupid argument that they deserve to be in this game? yes i think you could find maybe 2 or 3 teams that could make an argument. at the same time, i think the easiest point of view to support, says that we have CLEARLY THE TWO MOST DESERVING and TWO BEST teams playing in the final game

and regardless of if you believe these are the two best teams or not, it seems that they have proved that the MVFC was disrespected by the playoff committee!! how many MVFC teams played both of these schools?
UNI should have been in the tournament
UND deserved more respect than they were given
Illinois St was probably deserving

not sure every one of those teams doesnt beat William and Mary

Catbooster
December 18th, 2022, 06:17 PM
are there some other teams who could make a not totally stupid argument that they deserve to be in this game? yes i think you could find maybe 2 or 3 teams that could make an argument. at the same time, i think the easiest point of view to support, says that we have CLEARLY THE TWO MOST DESERVING and TWO BEST teams playing in the final game

and regardless of if you believe these are the two best teams or not, it seems that they have proved that the MVFC was disrespected by the playoff committee!! how many MVFC teams played both of these schools?

Who has argued that SDSU and NDSU shouldn't be in the championship game? Did I miss it somewhere? Is someone claiming their team should be at Frisco instead of these teams? Or are you searching for a reason to be upset?

The fact that SDSU and NDSU are in the championship doesn't say anything about the MVFC being "disrespected". UND made the playoffs - are you saying they should have been seeded? Sure, you could make an argument that Youngstown or UNI could have made the playoffs, but there are lots of teams that could make an argument for making the playoffs. Do you think it would have changed who is in the championship game? Isn't that what this is about?

It's getting old hearing people complain about their conferences being disrespected, but it's especially funny when it's about the MVFC being disrespected. They've been almost universally considered the strongest conference for a number of years. Whining because the 4th or 5th place team missed the playoffs is funny.

Bison56
December 18th, 2022, 06:55 PM

Huh?

Born a Rabbit
December 18th, 2022, 07:14 PM
Who has argued that SDSU and NDSU shouldn't be in the championship game? Did I miss it somewhere? Is someone claiming their team should be at Frisco instead of these teams? Or are you searching for a reason to be upset?

The fact that SDSU and NDSU are in the championship doesn't say anything about the MVFC being "disrespected". UND made the playoffs - are you saying they should have been seeded? Sure, you could make an argument that Youngstown or UNI could have made the playoffs, but there are lots of teams that could make an argument for making the playoffs. Do you think it would have changed who is in the championship game? Isn't that what this is about?

It's getting old hearing people complain about their conferences being disrespected, but it's especially funny when it's about the MVFC being disrespected. They've been almost universally considered the strongest conference for a number of years. Whining because the 4th or 5th place team missed the playoffs is funny.

NOPE i have not seen anyone say they are not deserving
i was simply saying that i believe there are a few teams who could make some argument, but that i think that, in this case, the thing that is supposed to happen did happen- the playoff tournament resulted in the two best teams playing for the championship. obviously that is not the way every tournament turns out

and if you think i am whining then you are unquestionably misinterpreting a bunch of black letters on a computer screen. whining and complaining involve emotions. you cannot see it from words on a screen, but there is none of that

simply discussing sports. i believe that is what you do on a sports forum? no?? and if we are simply discussing sports and you are admitting that the MVFC is the best conference, which it seems like you personally are (maybe i am misinterpreting your comment?) then isnt it a reasonable point of discussion that the BEST conference with apparently the BEST two teams in the country, probably should have had more teams in the tournament?

it also seems you are saying that many teams can make an argument that they deserve to be in the tournament, but is not possible to really say who the best 24 are so why try as long as the champion is deserving then the selection committee has done a good job. yes?

if the only thing that matters is getting the best 2 teams in the final or the best handful at the end, then why not just do a final four or whatever number that seems best? but there is definitely no need to have 24 if all you care about is the final 2. you do not need a group of 24 to be certain that you have included the true champion

but if you are going to have 24 teams, it seems you should do the best you can to have the best 24. if that was truly the goal, then things like geography, travel, and attendance would have no part in the discussion. SOS would be a big part the conversation and every team that played the best two teams in the country would seemingly get a pretty big boost of respect

obviously this topic is kind of never ending, but there was definitely no whining intended. simply as a matter of discussion, stating that if the tournament proved that the jacks and bison are the top two teams then it seems a less than stupid point of discussion that a couple more teams in their conference also happened to be in the top 24 teams in the country

BTW that also means no disrespect to the big sky!! i agree with you that many teams can make an argument. for those who did not get in, many would argue that UM should not have made it. i have argued in other places that, that is not a stupid argument, but i also believe that the big sky is the second best conference and if you are going to include a team on the bubble, at least choose teams who played a high number of other good teams!! that would include Montana. it seems pretty obvious that the CAA was overrepresented and overseeded! seems pretty obvious that Weber is better than W&M for instance

surely you have seen the silly thread on here saying that MVFC and Big Sky are overrated. that was beyond stupid to begin with but that question should be considered asked and ANSWERED!!

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2022, 07:24 PM
Team stats comparison added to the first post... although for this matchup more than probably any championship game in recent memory you can throw stats out the window since these teams are so familiar with each other.

NEBison
December 18th, 2022, 08:30 PM
I really feel like SDSU will win this one. The way the Jacks shut down the run and NDSU's struggles doing the same seem like a bad recipe. With that being said I'm sure by January 8th I'll have convinced myself the Bison will win. Can't wait for the party down in Frisco!

OL FU
December 18th, 2022, 09:02 PM
No opinion on the game since it has been a few years since I have been able to keep up with FCS football, which kinda pisses me off since I used to know it.

But I think it is kinda cool that the game is between a North Dakota school and a South Dakota schoolxthumbsupx

Chalupa Batman
December 18th, 2022, 09:48 PM
This will be the biggest challenge the Harvest Helmets have ever encountered. Not necessarily the best team NDSU has gone up against (SDSU is way up there though) but easily the biggest underdogs the Bison have been while wearing them.

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2022, 09:51 PM
This will be the biggest challenge the Harvest Helmets have ever encountered. Not necessarily the best team NDSU has gone up against (SDSU is way up there though) but easily the biggest underdogs the Bison have been while wearing them.
Same with my lucky green suit... it's seen all 9 championships in Frisco so far - going to need all the good karma it can muster in order to get #10 because we all know that fan rituals and superstitions make all the difference in games like these.

mmiller_34
December 19th, 2022, 08:24 AM
The strength of the Herd is the Bizon and the strength of the Bizon is the Herd. I am so disappointed in all of my fellow super fans. You really think the bunnies are going to come into Fargo south and win?

I know that our Bizon haven’t put together a full 4 quarters all year. I don’t know about you, but I know for sure that it is near destiny to have our first complete game be against sdsu (lower cased) for all the marbles.

#OnBizon

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2022, 08:31 AM
The strength of the Herd is the Bizon and the strength of the Bizon is the Herd. I am so disappointed in all of my fellow super fans. You really think the bunnies are going to come into Fargo south and win?

I know that our Bizon haven’t put together a full 4 quarters all year. I don’t know about you, but I know for sure that it is near destiny to have our first complete game be against sdsu (lower cased) for all the marbles.

#OnBizon
Your faith gives me inspiration but, alas, there is nothing that can stop the doubt from creeping into my mind even the preaching of the most faithful within the church of the Bison.

Bisonator
December 19th, 2022, 08:41 AM
Just have to put 2 halves together like the first half of the marker game. SDSU is not as dominant as everyone seems to think. They are a good team, probably the better team but the best team doesn't always win either. Pressures all on them it's put up or shut up time!

Christiank22
December 19th, 2022, 09:53 AM
Just have to put 2 halves together like the first half of the marker game. SDSU is not as dominant as everyone seems to think. They are a good team, probably the better team but the best team doesn't always win either. Pressures all on them it's put up or shut up time!

Reminds me of JMU last year. I don’t think we had the better team from top to bottom, but we had the better day and made the better plays.

Pressure is all on SDSU. A lot of people are writing them in as champs already, NDSU is just playing with house money now.

I have a hard time believing our offense stays as vanilla as it was the last 2 games, but I also don’t trust Roehl that much either lol.

We were absolutely dominant that first half against SDSU. Had we scored anything in the 2nd half I wonder if people would be writing us off as much as they are. Credit to sdsu to stopping us of course, but people are talking like they beat us 49-7.

JacksFan40
December 19th, 2022, 10:03 AM
Reminds me of JMU last year. I don’t think we had the better team from top to bottom, but we had the better day and made the better plays.

Pressure is all on SDSU. A lot of people are writing them in as champs already, NDSU is just playing with house money now.

I have a hard time believing our offense stays as vanilla as it was the last 2 games, but I also don’t trust Roehl that much either lol.

We were absolutely dominant that first half against SDSU. Had we scored anything in the 2nd half I wonder if people would be writing us off as much as they are. Credit to sdsu to stopping us of course, but people are talking like they beat us 49-7.
We were absolutely dominant in the second half, even more so than NDSU was in the first half. It comes down to who can put together a better four quarters. In the regular season we scored in the first half despite being dominated, NDSU didn’t score in the second half, we put together a better game of football.

semobison
December 19th, 2022, 10:05 AM

In our game against the Jacks in Fargo, on our first possession we threw on first down 3 consecutive times to start the game, 3-3. Miller threw for 227 most of it in the first half. We should have been up 28-7!
The Jacks have the best run defense in the country. Sometimes you need to throw to set up the run game and the Jacks can be thrown on! I hope Roehl understand this!

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2022, 10:10 AM
Oh Lordy ... 3 more weeks of the babbling Bison vs the rambling rabbits

beam me up

Bisonator
December 19th, 2022, 10:12 AM

beam me up
And many more years of the babbling hen from the caribbean. xthumbsupx

semobison
December 19th, 2022, 10:17 AM

beam me up

Go to the beach, turn off your device.
Posting on AGS daily doesn’t have to be your life!

ST_Lawson
December 19th, 2022, 10:21 AM
On paper, a slight advantage to SDSU, but I think most people have learned not to bet against NDSU in the playoffs...especially in Frisco.
I picked NDSU to win it, but I think personally I'd like to see SDSU finally win one. Either way, I hope it's a close, hard-fought, exciting game.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2022, 11:24 AM

Im leaving the Playa now, tropical sun no good this late in day. I’ve been trying to turn off my device for years but they get mad when I slip my ankle bracelet, besides when they see me on AGS they get bored ... gives me an opportunity

You Icelanders would love it down here by the way ..... just move the semi finals and finals to the Caribbean

OhioHen
December 19th, 2022, 12:28 PM
Why should his life be any different from the rest of us?

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2022, 12:54 PM
In our game against the Jacks in Fargo, on our first possession we threw on first down 3 consecutive times to start the game, 3-3. Miller threw for 227 most of it in the first half. We should have been up 28-7!
The Jacks have the best run defense in the country. Sometimes you need to throw to set up the run game and the Jacks can be thrown on! I hope Roehl understand this!
Posted this on Bisonville earlier this year but these were Cam Miller's passing numbers by down against SDSU in October:

1st down: 8-8 for 108 yards
2nd down: 7-9 for 86 yards, 1 TD
3rd down: 2-4 for 33 yards, 1 TD
4th down: 0-1 for 0 yards

xchinscratchx

ming01
December 19th, 2022, 01:49 PM
5Dimes has SDSU favored by 2.5. Over/under 47.5.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2022, 02:11 PM
5Dimes has SDSU favored by 2.5. Over/under 47.5.
Seems fair given what the computers (Sagarin and Massey) say. I'd expect that line to trickle in SDSU's direction though as we get closer to game time.... maybe to 4-5 points or so by game day???

semobison
December 19th, 2022, 03:11 PM
Posted this on Bisonville earlier this year but these were Cam Miller's passing numbers by down against SDSU in October:

1st down: 8-8 for 108 yards
2nd down: 7-9 for 86 yards, 1 TD
3rd down: 2-4 for 33 yards, 1 TD
4th down: 0-1 for 0 yards

xchinscratchx

Good stuff! Can you email this to Tyler!

semobison
December 19th, 2022, 03:17 PM
Im leaving the Playa now, tropical sun no good this late in day. I’ve been trying to turn off my device for years but they get mad when I slip my ankle bracelet, besides when they see me on AGS they get bored ... gives me an opportunity

You Icelanders would love it down here by the way ..... just move the semi finals and finals to the Caribbean

I would love to come down. We have record snow for this time of the year and high temps below zero for the rest of the week.

Can you put me up for a few weeks? I hope you live near a golf course?

deez_na
December 19th, 2022, 04:29 PM
We were absolutely dominant in the second half, even more so than NDSU was in the first half. It comes down to who can put together a better four quarters. In the regular season we scored in the first half despite being dominated, NDSU didn’t score in the second half, we put together a better game of football.

We gifted you big time in the first half though, should have been up 28-7 which would have been game over but ol Roehl bringing in back up to make a horrible pass.

jacksfan29!
December 19th, 2022, 05:54 PM
We gifted you big time in the first half though, should have been up 28-7 which would have been game over but ol Roehl bringing in back up to make a horrible pass.

28 - 7, not over.

deez_na
December 19th, 2022, 07:09 PM
28 - 7, not over.

Right, not over til end of the 4th, you got me.

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2022, 11:05 PM

Happy the Bison crowd helped slow the Jacks offense in the first half. Wish the Bison offense had stayed hot in the 2nd half.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2022, 08:37 AM
I would love to come down. We have record snow for this time of the year and high temps below zero for the rest of the week.

Can you put me up for a few weeks? I hope you live near a golf course?

If your on Island ring me up, don’t forget to pack a few tools and a paint brush

Mocs123
December 20th, 2022, 09:36 AM
SDSU is probably the better team, but NDSU is comfortable in the game and stadium. I want someone to beat NDSU, but I think the Bison win this game in a close contest. There is value in having been here before (and won) so many times the past decade.

jacksfan29!
December 20th, 2022, 11:55 AM
SDSU is probably the better team, but NDSU is comfortable in the game and stadium. I want someone to beat NDSU, but I think the Bison win this game in a close contest. There is value in having been here before (and won) so many times the past decade.

SDSU played in Frisco spring of 2021, so they have played in that stadium. As for the crowd, SDSU has played, and beaten NDSU in Fargo more often than any other school. Every one of those game were sold out, and crazy loud, it is a rivalry. They know the Bison crowds. I think they will be fine.

JacksFan40
December 20th, 2022, 11:56 AM
SDSU played in Frisco spring of 2021, so they have played in that stadium. As for the crowd, SDSU has played, and beaten NDSU in Fargo more often than any other school. Every one of those game were sold out, and crazy loud, it is a rivalry. They know the Bison crowds. I think they will be fine.
Jacks are more than used to playing in loud environments. Obviously they played in the FargoDome, but they also played at Kinnick Stadium which is a pretty loud stadium. The Alerus Center also seemed fairly loud when SDSU played UND this year.

POD Knows
December 20th, 2022, 11:59 AM
Can Miller is 0-3 against SDSU. Soon to be 0-4. #BOOKIT.

dewey
December 20th, 2022, 02:31 PM
Jacks are more than used to playing in loud environments. Obviously they played in the FargoDome, but they also played at Kinnick Stadium which is a pretty loud stadium. The Alerus Center also seemed fairly loud when SDSU played UND this year.

I was shocked that SDSU had so many false start penalties in the Fargodome in October. That was a HUGE coaching mistake for Stig after he has lead so many teams in the Fargodome in previous years.

Dewey

jacksfan29!
December 20th, 2022, 04:52 PM

Not accepting the humble predictions of NDSU fans. Nope, don't care what the odds say, till SDSU beats NDSU in Texas, NDSU is still favored. Accept it, own it, be proud of it.

mmiller_34
December 20th, 2022, 07:05 PM

Literally every loss we have had against SDSU with Cam has been a fluke. I don’t understand how my fellow Bizon fans can’t see this. We have been injured since 2019. If we have been full strength (like we will be in January) we would have rolled the bunnies by 30 each time.

#OnBizon

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2022, 12:12 PM
Literally every loss we have had against SDSU with Cam has been a fluke. I don’t understand how my fellow Bizon fans can’t see this. We have been injured since 2019. If we have been full strength (like we will be in January) we would have rolled the bunnies by 30 each time.

#OnBizon

First off you can't blame the losses on a fluke. That would be a disservice to SDSU and just excuse making on the part of NDSU fans. I'm sure the players don't make excuses. Secondly NDSU won't be at full strength but again no team is at this time of the year. No excuses need to be made or will be tolerated. Both teams have to show up and play the game with no excuses.

RahRahRabbits
December 21st, 2022, 03:15 PM
I have to say, most of you Bison fans on AGS give me hope for the future of the human race. Your home mothership of BV, full of what appears to be kissin' cousins, is a hot freaking mess...

If history continues, Jacks don't stand a chance. This year looks like it could be different though... I was at the spring championship game, half-full but sold-out stadium just didn't feel right. Excited to see what a non-restricted Frisco and Toyota Stadium looks like. It's gonna be quite the game!

Still won't hear the end of it from some of your fans, even if we win the next 9 championships in a row... then they'll just say that we copied you again, and that Bison did it first. Jacks certainly have pressure to live up to the hype of this season, to finally beat the Bison for the first time ever in the playoffs, to get that first chip..... but Bison are at risk of losing for the first time in Frisco, missing out on trophy #10 and losing to the Jacks for a 4th time straight... That kinda smells like pressure to me too.

Excited to be a part of the mass exodus leaving the Dakotas for price-gouging Frisco. Should be a game for the ages!

POD Knows
December 21st, 2022, 03:19 PM
I have to say, most of you Bison fans on AGS give me hope for the future of the human race. Your home mothership of BV, full of what appears to be kissin' cousins, is a hot freaking mess...

If history continues, Jacks don't stand a chance. This year looks like it could be different though... I was at the spring championship game, half-full but sold-out stadium just didn't feel right. Excited to see what a non-restricted Frisco and Toyota Stadium looks like. It's gonna be quite the game!

Still won't hear the end of it from some of your fans, even if we win the next 9 championships in a row... then they'll just say that we copied you again, and that Bison did it first. Jacks certainly have pressure to live up to the hype of this season, to finally beat the Bison for the first time ever in the playoffs, to get that first chip..... but Bison are at risk of losing for the first time in Frisco, missing out on trophy #10 and losing to the Jacks for a 4th time straight... That kinda smells like pressure to me too.

Excited to be a part of the mass exodus leaving the Dakotas for price-gouging Frisco. Should be a game for the ages!
I don’t post on BV or even have an account there but I imagine that the Jacks board is probably as bad. Anyway, there is no pressure on the Bison here, playing with house money with a decimated team. It feels good to be an underdog. 😎

Christiank22
December 21st, 2022, 03:50 PM

I would say 99% if the pressure is on SDSU. Everyone expects NDSU to lose, some expect them to lose by 20 points, we are just enjoying the ride at this point

RahRahRabbits
December 21st, 2022, 04:16 PM
I don’t post on BV or even have an account there but I imagine that the Jacks board is probably as bad. Anyway, there is no pressure on the Bison here, playing with house money with a decimated team. It feels good to be an underdog. 

Jacks board is not nearly as active, and mods run a pretty tight ship keeping it family friendly.

And I have to disagree with you... You might personally think there's no pressure... but you're telling me, lets say... 75% of Bison fans will be completely fine with losing to the Jacks in the Championship? "Aww shucks, we gave it our best shot... but we were the underdogs, full of injuries and never really stood a chance..."? No... no I don't think they will. A few of your more humble guys on AGS may be claiming to be cheering on the Jacks a bit... but I'm sure the majority of your fan base most certainly is not.

Perhaps I could buy that line if it was Holy Cross coming in as favorites over an injury decimated Bison team... but the fact this is the longest-running rival for either team puts the pressure squarely on the backs of both. It's just pressure for some differing reasons, and yes... probably more so on the Jacks this go-round. SDSU-NDSU have met up 113 times, and have had an annual game (or two) since 1946, and extends to 1908 if you exclude a few breaks for WWI/WWII. I fully believe this matchup transcends #1 vs #3...

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2022, 04:34 PM
Jacks board is not nearly as active, and mods run a pretty tight ship keeping it family friendly.

And I have to disagree with you... You might personally think there's no pressure... but you're telling me, lets say... 75% of Bison fans will be completely fine with losing to the Jacks in the Championship? "Aww shucks, we gave it our best shot... but we were the underdogs, full of injuries and never really stood a chance..."? No... no I don't think they will. A few of your more humble guys on AGS may be claiming to be cheering on the Jacks a bit... but I'm sure the majority of your fan base most certainly is not.

Perhaps I could buy that line if it was Holy Cross coming in as favorites over an injury decimated Bison team... but the fact this is the longest-running rival for either team puts the pressure squarely on the backs of both. It's just pressure for some differing reasons, and yes... probably more so on the Jacks this go-round. SDSU-NDSU have met up 113 times, and have had an annual game (or two) since 1946, and extends to 1908 if you exclude a few breaks for WWI/WWII. I fully believe this matchup transcends #1 vs #3...
It doesn't matter when the Bison lose or to whom the pitchfork mafia on Bisonville will be demanding that coaches be fired and players be benched... not sure how many other places would be as outraged over a 3 point loss at Arizona as Bison nation was.

But you're still grasping at straws as to where the majority of the pressure lies... there's always going to be the pressure of expectation at NDSU but this feels completely different from almost any other title game to me as a fan. The first one in 2011 is probably similar but that was more of an unknown feeling. Maybe the 2017 natty against JMU was similar but NDSU was bulldozing teams on both sides of the ball in those playoffs (unlike these playoffs). Most signs point to an SDSU victory and that is oddly satisfying to me for some reason... it's not very often my Bison are in this position.

Christiank22
December 21st, 2022, 05:09 PM
It doesn't matter when the Bison lose or to whom the pitchfork mafia on Bisonville will be demanding that coaches be fired and players be benched... not sure how many other places would be as outraged over a 3 point loss at Arizona as Bison nation was.

But you're still grasping at straws as to where the majority of the pressure lies... there's always going to be the pressure of expectation at NDSU but this feels completely different from almost any other title game to me as a fan. The first one in 2011 is probably similar but that was more of an unknown feeling. Maybe the 2017 natty against JMU was similar but NDSU was bulldozing teams on both sides of the ball in those playoffs (unlike these playoffs). Most signs point to an SDSU victory and that is oddly satisfying to me for some reason... it's not very often my Bison are in this position.

Losing to Arizona is one of the worst losses NDSU has had in years. That team is GARBAGE. I’m fully on board with the pitch forks when it comes to AZ.

Preferred Walk-On
December 21st, 2022, 05:10 PM

I expect NDSU to win this. NDSU’s players expect to win this. The difference from previous years: Most FCS followers and fans do not expect NDSU to win AND even emphasize this by bi***ing about the seeds and how the only reason NDSU is even there is because they got to stay in the Fargodome. Well, there you go then. SDSU has won three in a row, and every Jacks and Bison fan know how it is difficult to beat a team twice in a season, especially when it is these two. Sure there is some pressure to continue the streak, but lots of people think it will not happen, so it is more of an “us against the world” mentality than a “I hope we don’t lose” mentality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 21st, 2022, 05:49 PM
Losing to Arizona is one of the worst losses NDSU has had in years. That team is GARBAGE. I’m fully on board with the pitch forks when it comes to AZ.I don't really see it as a bad loss now when I look back at the season and look at this Bison team without any homerism. Past NDSU teams would have bitch slapped AZ bad, this team with this D, actually played to their abilities and the result is not surprising. I said it before and I will say it again, this Bison team is the least talented team since 2010, but they have a lot of heart and have outperformed their actual on field abilities. Gonna get exposed against SDSU I am afraid, because if you look at these teams, man on man, we simply do not match up that well.

SDSU 31 NDSU 14 #BOOKIT

Daytripper
December 21st, 2022, 07:07 PM
I don't really see it as a bad loss now when I look back at the season and look at this Bison team without any homerism. Past NDSU teams would have bitch slapped AZ bad, this team with this D, actually played to their abilities and the result is not surprising. I said it before and I will say it again, this Bison team is the least talented team since 2010, but they have a lot of heart and have outperformed their actual on field abilities. Gonna get exposed against SDSU I am afraid, because if you look at these teams, man on man, we simply do not match up that well.

SDSU 31 NDSU 14 #BOOKIT

It won't be that close. SDSU will get ahead early and Isaiah Davis will steamroll the Bison in the second half. A decade of frustration will be unleashed and the final score will be 63-17. #BookIt

ysubigred
December 21st, 2022, 07:09 PM
NDSU 9-8 4 OT's #bookmarkit

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2022, 07:32 PM
All I know is if I fly down again to watch another boring ass whupping Im going to be disappointed. So I just hope it's a good game.

Third time is a charm?

NDB
December 22nd, 2022, 08:08 AM
I just hope both teams have fun.

RahRahRabbits
December 22nd, 2022, 09:54 AM
I just hope both teams have fun.

xlolxxlolxxlolx Bring on the participation trophies!

Paladin1aa
December 22nd, 2022, 10:46 AM
I think SDSU wins. But I do expect a close game.

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2022, 11:11 AM
Just finished booking everything.

This game better not suck again.

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2022, 12:24 PM
Just finished booking everything.

This game better not suck again.
I really enjoyed those boring games you're referring to. :)

(assuming you're talking about the nattys in January 2016 and January 2022)

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2022, 12:27 PM
I really enjoyed those boring games you're referring to. :)

(assuming you're talking about the nattys in January 2016 and January 2022)
Correct. 2015 was miserable. Last year was a snooze fest.

RabidRabbit
December 22nd, 2022, 01:50 PM
A lot counts in how many star players are available for each team. I believe all of the all-MVFC selections for SDSU will be playing. I don't get that sense about NDSU superstars. Note that Oct game in Fargo, Jacks didn't have Tucker Craft. As was demonstrated during that Oct game, NDSU's D as not as potent as most years. That Isiah Davis pin-balling run for TD through 7 would be tacklers is proof. Cam will needto be much better thru air than vs UIW to outscore Jacks. Wouldn't be surprised if NDSU has less than 150 yd ground and < 300 yd total. Jacks have shown great ability this season to balance the run/air attacks.

Chalupa Batman
December 22nd, 2022, 03:17 PM
A lot counts in how many star players are available for each team. I believe all of the all-MVFC selections for SDSU will be playing. I don't get that sense about NDSU superstars. Note that Oct game in Fargo, Jacks didn't have Tucker Craft. As was demonstrated during that Oct game, NDSU's D as not as potent as most years. That Isiah Davis pin-balling run for TD through 7 would be tacklers is proof. Cam will needto be much better thru air than vs UIW to outscore Jacks. Wouldn't be surprised if NDSU has less than 150 yd ground and < 300 yd total. Jacks have shown great ability this season to balance the run/air attacks.

NDSU is going to be about as healthy as could be hoped. FB Hunter Luepke, TE Noah Gindorff, OT Mason Miller & C Jalen Sundell have not played in the playoffs and have already been ruled out of the championship game. DE Loshiaka Roques is listed as questionable. All the other players who have gotten hurt during the playoffs are expected to play: RB's TaMerik Williams & Kobe Johnson, LB Luke Weerts, WR RaJa Nelson, QB Cole Payton, & DT Will Mostaert. Also expected back is pre-season All-American DT Eli Mostaert who has been out since breaking his leg in the 2nd game of the year. He is the most important returnee as his presence should give the Bison a huge boost in trying to handle the SDSU running game.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/bison-coach-entz-expects-several-injured-players-to-be-back-for-fcs-title-game

mmiller_34
December 22nd, 2022, 06:14 PM
It won't be that close. SDSU will get ahead early and Isaiah Davis will steamroll the Bison in the second half. A decade of frustration will be unleashed and the final score will be 63-17. #BookIt

The Bunnies haven’t score over 50 pts this entire year — and you think they will be able to handle the mighty Herd? In Fargo South?

NDSU 31-17. Game will be tied at 14 with about 5 minutes left in the 2nd qtr. Bizon run A gap power down the Bunnies throat and Cam caps the drive off with a 3 yard QB power with 14 second left in the half. Bizon of course will get the ball starting the second and slam it down the bunnies throat for the 2nd straight drive. The game is in hand at that point.

#OnBizon

Christiank22
December 22nd, 2022, 08:26 PM
The Bunnies haven’t score over 50 pts this entire year — and you think they will be able to handle the mighty Herd? In Fargo South?

NDSU 31-17. Game will be tied at 14 with about 5 minutes left in the 2nd qtr. Bizon run A gap power down the Bunnies throat and Cam caps the drive off with a 3 yard QB power with 14 second left in the half. Bizon of course will get the ball starting the second and slam it down the bunnies throat for the 2nd straight drive. The game is in hand at that point.

#OnBizon

I know this is in jest, and the sdsu defense is stout, but…. Not all that unrealistic lol

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2022, 05:49 AM

Lay off the crack pipe....xrolleyesx

Neither team will ever beat the other by that score....in any game between the 2.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2022, 05:51 AM

#OnBizon

Hey fake Bison boy. Time for you to get a Bison tattoo...since you're the #1 fan boy out there in BisonNation....xcoffeex

mmiller_34
December 23rd, 2022, 10:38 AM
Hey fake Bison boy. Time for you to get a Bison tattoo...since you're the #1 fan boy out there in BisonNation....xcoffeex

Already have one.

I know this is in jest, and the sdsu defense is stout, but…. Not all that unrealistic lol

Jest? No. This is real. One thing that can’t be measured is the heart of a Bison.

Professor Chaos
December 23rd, 2022, 12:25 PM
Jest? No. This is real. One thing that can’t be measured is the heart of a Bison.
False!

https://allaboutbison.com/bison-facts/

Bison heart weight – Heart 6 pounds

Now the heart of a champion on the other hand....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2022, 01:57 PM
Already have one.

I don't believe that for a second....

ST_Lawson
December 23rd, 2022, 02:20 PM
Don't pet the fluffy cows (https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfy4gnPu_7m/)

mmiller_34
December 23rd, 2022, 04:11 PM
I don't believe that for a second....

Horns [emoji3595][emoji869]

#OnBizon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSUBobcat
December 26th, 2022, 11:05 AM
One other thing, is Frisco going to come close to having enough booze for these two fan bases?

Well, Montana drinks more booze than South Dakota, so it should be better than last year, which by the 2nd half basically consisted of a Mexican beer (Tecate?).

MSUBobcat
December 26th, 2022, 11:10 AM

Now that my mourning is mostly over.... if it can't be my Bobcats, I am also looking forward to this one. And hoping for the 'Rabbits to slay the beast.

MSUBobcat
December 26th, 2022, 11:21 AM

You don't amass 20k posts (3.34 posts/day each and every single day for over 16 years) but putting away the device!!

MSUBobcat
December 26th, 2022, 11:29 AM
I don’t post on BV or even have an account there but I imagine that the Jacks board is probably as bad. Anyway, there is no pressure on the Bison here, playing with house money with a decimated team. It feels good to be an underdog. 

Wait... I was told MSU fans were "the most arrogant fans in the history of ever" because of our message board. The XDSU fans on AGS don't get lumped in with their team boards? xconfusedx

POD Knows
December 26th, 2022, 01:34 PM
Wait... I was told MSU fans were "the most arrogant fans in the history of ever" because of our message board. The XDSU fans on AGS don't get lumped in with their team boards? xconfusedx
Why should we, we are the most humble fans on this board even though we shouldn’t be because of our teams awesomeness.

caribbeanhen
December 26th, 2022, 01:58 PM
You don't amass 20k posts (3.34 posts/day each and every single day for over 16 years) but putting away the device!!

I take this as a backhanded compliment.. Gracias

ysubigred
December 26th, 2022, 07:37 PM
Why should we, we are the most humble fans on this board even though we shouldn’t be because of our teams awesomeness.Hehehe... I saw what you did there.. OUR golden Buffalo's are awesome..

WTF does big fluffy and MSU fans have to say anyways?.

"SORRY GUYS, yes we are overrated"..

RahRahRabbits
December 27th, 2022, 10:37 AM
I'm a glutton for punishment... just went through the 6 resale sites I could find (NCAA/AXS, Ticket Smarter, Seat Geek, Stub Hub, Ticket Master, and Vivid Seats), there are 3703 seated tickets for sale. Gotta imagine that's a fairly normal number due to how tickets are sold early? I think there's plenty of demand left for them, but Midwest fiscal-values aren't allowing large-scale purchases at the continued inflated prices.

MSUBobcat
December 27th, 2022, 11:17 AM
I'm a glutton for punishment... just went through the 6 resale sites I could find (NCAA/AXS, Ticket Smarter, Seat Geek, Stub Hub, Ticket Master, and Vivid Seats), there are 3703 seated tickets for sale. Gotta imagine that's a fairly normal number due to how tickets are sold early? I think there's plenty of demand left for them, but Midwest fiscal-values aren't allowing large-scale purchases at the continued inflated prices.

As the Bison faithful were gracious enough to inform us last year.... wait. Ticket prices will drop dramatically. We were sitting in the airport waiting for our delayed flight when I snagged pretty good seats (35 yard line, row 8-ish) for under $100/ticket. We were on the Bison side, but they were friendly folks.

MSUBobcat
December 27th, 2022, 11:18 AM
I take this as a backhanded compliment.. Gracias

It was. De nada.

dewey
December 27th, 2022, 12:01 PM

I have been watching ticket prices for the last 12 years and my biggest piece of advice is to get everything else (hotels, restaurants, etc) ready to go and WAIT on tickets since you don't already have them.

Ticket prices will drop. A few days before the game you will find them easily and for cost. If you are more daring wait until the day or 2 before the game when people cancel their trips and you could find some deals.

NDSU hasn't even alloted their tickets yet.

I used to buy the tickets in August but it is much easier and less stressful to just buy them now. Keep in mind that an odd number or large number (probably 6 or more) maybe harder to get. 2 and 4 should be pretty dang easy to snag next Wednesday or Thursday.

Dewey

MIBT
December 27th, 2022, 01:42 PM
I have been watching ticket prices for the last 12 years and my biggest piece of advice is to get everything else (hotels, restaurants, etc) ready to go and WAIT on tickets since you don't already have them.

Ticket prices will drop. A few days before the game you will find them easily and for cost. If you are more daring wait until the day or 2 before the game when people cancel their trips and you could find some deals.

NDSU hasn't even alloted their tickets yet.

I used to buy the tickets in August but it is much easier and less stressful to just buy them now. Keep in mind that an odd number or large number (probably 6 or more) maybe harder to get. 2 and 4 should be pretty dang easy to snag next Wednesday or Thursday.

DeweyI've seen less frenzy this year than previous years. Either there are fewer SDSU fans than they think, or they are taking the advice of the Bison fans and not biting on the artificially inflated prices of the available tickets. I do feel bad for the person who spent $300-400 for tickets and now realizes they can't go. They post them saying, "I only want to get back what I paid for them." I'm sorry, but others shouldn't have to make the same mistake you did. If they make SRO tickets available, the supply will be even greater.

I've been several times to Frisco, and there isn't a bad seat. I never sat, so I imagine SRO would be fine too. I agree if you have a specific request (odd number, large group together, front row) you may have to pay extra when you find something that works for you. But most requests seem to be in the 2-4 range.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
December 27th, 2022, 03:08 PM
I've seen less frenzy this year than previous years. Either there are fewer SDSU fans than they think, or they are taking the advice of the Bison fans and not biting on the artificially inflated prices of the available tickets. I do feel bad for the person who spent $300-400 for tickets and now realizes they can't go. They post them saying, "I only want to get back what I paid for them." I'm sorry, but others shouldn't have to make the same mistake you did. If they make SRO tickets available, the supply will be even greater.

I've been several times to Frisco, and there isn't a bad seat. I never sat, so I imagine SRO would be fine too. I agree if you have a specific request (odd number, large group together, front row) you may have to pay extra when you find something that works for you. But most requests seem to be in the 2-4 range.

I'm going to venture a guess and say that there will still be a lot of tickets (in the hundreds if not over 1000) for sale on game day. I believe a sell out for the new configuration at Toyota Stadium with the reduced seating in the south endzone to the US Soccer Hall of Game is about 18-19k and then with standing room you could probably get to 19-20k - the highest attended championship game since the renovation in 2016 was NDSU/JMU in 2017 at 19,090. I think SDSU brings a few thousand but nowhere near the 10k their season ticket holders allegedly requested from their allotment and NDSU fans, as has been discussed ad nauseum are getting kind of bored with it collectively so I'd be surprised if more than 10-12k Bison fans are there. I'd guess the attendance will be in the 16-17k range which will be around 90% capacity so it'll look full.

JSUSoutherner
December 27th, 2022, 03:25 PM
I'm going to venture a guess and say that there will still be a lot of tickets (in the hundreds if not over 1000) for sale on game day. I believe a sell out for the new configuration at Toyota Stadium with the reduced seating in the south endzone to the US Soccer Hall of Game is about 18-19k and then with standing room you could probably get to 19-20k - the highest attended championship game since the renovation in 2016 was NDSU/JMU in 2017 at 19,090. I think SDSU brings a few thousand but nowhere near the 10k their season ticket holders allegedly requested from their allotment and NDSU fans, as has been discussed ad nauseum are getting kind of bored with it collectively so I'd be surprised if more than 10-12k Bison fans are there. I'd guess the attendance will be in the 16-17k range which will be around 90% capacity so it'll look full.
+1 Jax State fan.

So the 16,001 to 17,001 range.

MIBT
December 27th, 2022, 04:02 PM
I'm going to venture a guess and say that there will still be a lot of tickets (in the hundreds if not over 1000) for sale on game day. I believe a sell out for the new configuration at Toyota Stadium with the reduced seating in the south endzone to the US Soccer Hall of Game is about 18-19k and then with standing room you could probably get to 19-20k - the highest attended championship game since the renovation in 2016 was NDSU/JMU in 2017 at 19,090. I think SDSU brings a few thousand but nowhere near the 10k their season ticket holders allegedly requested from their allotment and NDSU fans, as has been discussed ad nauseum are getting kind of bored with it collectively so I'd be surprised if more than 10-12k Bison fans are there. I'd guess the attendance will be in the 16-17k range which will be around 90% capacity so it'll look full.All very possible. I think it will be closer to full, but I wouldn't put money on that.

The 10k request is likely inflated. A group of 4 buddies each said, "Let's all request tickets to make sure we get them." You end up with requests for 32 tickets and they only need 8. They get 16 though and the "extra" 16 aren't needed. Then their wives decide to go shopping while they are at the game. They are now trying to sell 12 tickets. There are probably also people who only need 2, but saw the opportunity to request 8 and went for it. This also puts 6 extra tickets out there. Then you'll have a group of 8 who plan to go, but 2 find out the week of they can't make it.

Many people will hesitate to commit to go without tickets, which improves the situation v for those who make that commitment.

dewey
December 27th, 2022, 06:12 PM
I've seen less frenzy this year than previous years. Either there are fewer SDSU fans than they think, or they are taking the advice of the Bison fans and not biting on the artificially inflated prices of the available tickets. I do feel bad for the person who spent $300-400 for tickets and now realizes they can't go. They post them saying, "I only want to get back what I paid for them." I'm sorry, but others shouldn't have to make the same mistake you did. If they make SRO tickets available, the supply will be even greater.

I wonder if people are using the "I just want to get my money back" is a line to pull at people's heart strings.

Probably not all but I bet some....

Dewey

BisonFan02
December 27th, 2022, 06:17 PM
Gonna be the first time I've been down there since 2013's game against Towson.

POD Knows
December 27th, 2022, 06:20 PM
Gonna be the first time I've been down there since 2013's game against Towson.
You should take the misses out to Waffle House. It was 5 star the last time we went there.

BisonFan02
December 27th, 2022, 06:25 PM
You should take the misses out to Waffle House. It was 5 star the last time we went there.

100% happening....we're staying at that Holiday Inn Plano/The Colony by the hard 8 bbq. In-n-out burger is close too. :D

POD Knows
December 27th, 2022, 07:06 PM
100% happening....we're staying at that Holiday Inn Plano/The Colony by the hard 8 bbq. In-n-out burger is close too. :D
Yea. Make sure you order your breakfast “cooked”, maybe they will get it right.

dewey
December 27th, 2022, 10:11 PM

Have you been to Hutchins? I am wondering how it compares to Hard 8's.

Dewey

Chalupa Batman
December 27th, 2022, 10:28 PM
Have you been to Hutchins? I am wondering how it compares to Hard 8's.

Dewey

Hard 8 last year I thought the quality was way down and Hutchins was better, Hutchins was the same quality they usually were. The previous couple years though I thought Hard 8 was better, not sure if they underwent changes that caused the quality to drop or if we were just there on the wrong day. Most likely going to give both another try again this year.

Gil Dobie
December 28th, 2022, 06:46 AM
Last year hotel rooms opened up the week of the game. Could see the stadium from our last minute room. Walked to the game. I enjoyed Boomer Jacks Sports Bar.

caribbeanhen
December 28th, 2022, 08:25 AM

The sausage gravy is to die for and if you’re in a Waffle House after mid-night you just might

POD Knows
December 28th, 2022, 08:46 AM
Hard 8 last year I thought the quality was way down and Hutchins was better, Hutchins was the same quality they usually were. The previous couple years though I thought Hard 8 was better, not sure if they underwent changes that caused the quality to drop or if we were just there on the wrong day. Most likely going to give both another try again this year.
I have eaten at both Hutchins and Hard 8. When we ate at the Hard 8 in the colony in 2019 I thought it was really good. Might have caught them at a good time or something. Hutchins was good and I have only been there once. I would rather eat BBQ in KC or Memphis, TX BBQ is overrated. 🤘

Professor Chaos
December 28th, 2022, 06:33 PM
Game day forecast for Frisco as of now is high of 61 with a 30% chance of rain showers in the morning otherwise partly cloudy with winds out of the NW at 5-10 mph.

Looks like it's going to feel like the tropics for those of us fans from the Dakotas escaping the wintery hell of the northern plains.

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2022, 08:26 PM
Sounds like a trap. I'll definitely be bringing my thermals anyway. Not making that mistake again.

Professor Chaos
December 28th, 2022, 09:55 PM
https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1608239209394982914

On a related note I can understand why they don't want conference crews officiating playoff games involving one on their conference's teams but when two teams from the same conference meet in the playoffs it would make sense to assign a crew from those teams' conference. The players, coaches, and officiating crew would all be more familiar with each other and each other's respective styles meaning the officiating would have as little of an impact on the game as possible which I think everyone would be all for.

This will be the 12th straight FCS national championship game that the top MVFC crew will be ineligible to officiate.

JSUSoutherner
December 29th, 2022, 07:26 AM

On a related note I can understand why they don't want conference crews officiating playoff games involving one on their conference's teams but when two teams from the same conference meet in the playoffs it would make sense to assign a crew from those teams' conference. The players, coaches, and officiating crew would all be more familiar with each other and each other's respective styles meaning the officiating would have as little of an impact on the game as possible which I think everyone would be all for.

This will be the 12th straight FCS national championship game that the top MVFC crew will be ineligible to officiate.

I'm curious how they decide who will ref.

MR. CHICKEN
December 29th, 2022, 07:41 AM

xflaggedx.....YOUSE VALLEY LADS......COMPLAINED 'BOUT ZEEBS....ALOT......ESPECIALLY....UH MAGPIE....FROM 'GUINNVILLE.........BE GLAD YA'S DIDN'T DRAW MEAC WHISTLES....LIKE YOU-DEE AGIN' APPALACHIAN......AWK!

MIBT
December 29th, 2022, 08:47 AM
I'm curious how they decide who will ref.In general, each conference submits 1 or 2 crews to the NCAA for consideration. Those crews are selected for the first couple rounds staying away from their own conference. They are observed and evaluated and rated. The top rated from the first couple rounds are then selected for the final 3 rounds, taking into consideration the conferences still playing. MVFC wasn't eligible for the semifinal and final because of the teams participating even if they came out as the top rated crew.

Ridge1982
December 29th, 2022, 11:32 AM
One thing I’ve learned in my limited time of following FCS is that, much like Brady’s Patriots and Jeter’s Yankees, you never bet against North Dakota State. They could have Ryan Leaf at QB and Rich Kotite at HC and would still find a way to win.

The Cats
December 31st, 2022, 09:33 AM
I heard somewhere that it's a group of SoCon officials that will call the game.

If it truly is SoCon officials, it will be ugly, and I can't believe that the SoCon would send their best for national TV exposure. I'm sure it's a team of ringers that the SoCon put together, not normal SoCon officials...

SDFS
January 1st, 2023, 11:22 AM
I heard somewhere that it's a group of SoCon officials that will call the game.

If it truly is SoCon officials, it will be ugly, and I can't believe that the SoCon would send their best for national TV exposure. I'm sure it's a team of ringers that the SoCon put together, not normal SoCon officials...

So, was it a SoCon crew warming up for the FCS Championship Game last nights? And it can't get any worse - can it?

Professor Chaos
January 3rd, 2023, 11:41 AM
If the depth chart released today (with the omissions of several key injured players) is accurate it's bad news for NDSU.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1610323042831405057

That said I wouldn't use this as any proof that Tamerick Williams or the Mostaert bros won't be playing - Entz has a presser today I believe and I suspect he'll be non-committal as ever on the status of all the injured players.

POD Knows
January 3rd, 2023, 11:54 AM
If the depth chart released today (with the omissions of several key injured players) is accurate it's bad news for NDSU.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1610323042831405057

That said I wouldn't use this as any proof that Tamerick Williams or the Mostaert bros won't be playing - Entz has a presser today I believe and I suspect he'll be non-committal as ever on the status of all the injured players.
NDSU wouldn't beat SDSU at full strength and this MASH unit will need to pull off a miracle, but miracles happen, to win this game. Somebody said that NDSU hasn't created a turnover against SDSU in the last three losses, gonna need at least a +2 turnover advantage to even make this a close game but that is not outside of the realm of possibility.

This is going to be a two possession win for SDSU I am afraid, #BOOKIT

Bisonoline
January 3rd, 2023, 07:08 PM
NDSU wouldn't beat SDSU at full strength and this MASH unit will need to pull off a miracle, but miracles happen, to win this game. Somebody said that NDSU hasn't created a turnover against SDSU in the last three losses, gonna need at least a +2 turnover advantage to even make this a close game but that is not outside of the realm of possibility.

This is going to be a two possession win for SDSU I am afraid, #BOOKIT

I have had absolutely NO confidence in this team this year. First time ever. But here we are against all odds.

POD Knows
January 3rd, 2023, 07:13 PM
I have had absolutely NO confidence in this team this year. First time ever. But here we are against all odds.This is actually one of my favorite teams, they are all heart, they are up against it and keep coming back. Pretty resilient but that can only take you so far in most cases.

AmsterBison
January 3rd, 2023, 08:02 PM
This is actually one of my favorite teams, they are all heart, they are up against it and keep coming back. Pretty resilient but that can only take you so far in most cases.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing - so many injuries and then losing players to the portal. I've never seen NDSU have two freshman in the interior of the DL before this season (and that's just the tip of the iceberg.)

ysubigred
January 3rd, 2023, 08:17 PM
My Golden Buffalo's will come through and choke the long eared varmints..

Can't stop the Bison..

caribbeanhen
January 4th, 2023, 07:18 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing - so many injuries and then losing players to the portal. I've never seen NDSU have two freshman in the interior of the DL before this season (and that's just the tip of the iceberg.)

It just reinforces North Dakota State as The Behemoth vs FCS little lambs

Congratulations on dominating the Division for over a decade now

Bisonator
January 4th, 2023, 09:28 AM
Let's see SDSU's depth chart for the natty. Any missing players of note on there?

JacksFan40
January 4th, 2023, 11:25 AM
Since we don’t have a 2023 MVFC thread yet I’ll just put this here.

SDSU WRs Jaxon and Jadon Janke were previously announced for the Hula Bowl, however that’s no longer the case and they will announce their decisions as to whether they will return next year as 6th year Seniors after the title game.

https://twitter.com/craighaley/status/1610360357368877056?s=46&t=3uuTqKqLj7RuLxrOxDtlQw

Would be huge to get them back next year, since we don’t seem to have much behind them. If we can get both of them along with the TE Zach Heins, we will be bringing back the entire offense from the stretch where Kraft was hurt.

Daytripper
January 4th, 2023, 07:49 PM
Either NDSU wins a close one or the Jackrabbits blow them out. Pick one.

caribbeanhen
January 4th, 2023, 10:34 PM
Either NDSU wins a close one or the Jackrabbits blow them out. Pick one.

this is how I see it as well

Bison in a thriller breaking hearts across the country

Sitting Bull
January 5th, 2023, 06:48 AM
I think the Rabbits win.
31-16 SDSU.

Christiank22
January 5th, 2023, 06:57 AM
I think the Rabbits win.
31-16 SDSU.

That would be one of the largest margins of victory against NDSU in 8 years… besides the dumb spring season of course but wtf was that season.

I just don’t see how SDSU is all of a sudden 13 points better than the regular season.

SDSU is not even the best team we’ve played in the championship game, they’re probably somewhere around 4th best behind JMUx2, ISUr, and then SDSU

It’s not impossible they win, it’s probably likely, but by 15 points… that seems quite unlikely

Sitting Bull
January 5th, 2023, 09:19 AM
I see a close game into Q4. Rabbits take lead and add a late TD off Bison turnover as NDSU finds themselves in a come-from-behind scramble. The Janke twins shine big in this win.

POD Knows
January 5th, 2023, 10:57 AM
Wow, looked closer at the depth charts for NDSU and SDSU, gonna change my score prediction, SDSU 38. NDSU 17. This one could get ugly fast. This Bison is a shell of the pretty average team that started the year.

ming01
January 5th, 2023, 11:13 AM
Predictions from College Football News

https://collegefootballnews.com/2023/01/college-football-expert-picks-predictions-georgia-vs-tcu-north-dakota-state-vs-south-dakota-state

Professor Chaos
January 5th, 2023, 02:38 PM
The spread continues to tilt in SDSU's favor. 5dimes opened it at SDSU -2.5 and most of the other books opened it a few days later at SDSU -4. It's now either SDSU -5.5 or -6 depending on the book/site: https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

Chalupa Batman
January 5th, 2023, 10:34 PM
Every time I think about this game I see why the spread is increasing. SDSU has the advantage at every position group except OL (a wash) and DB’s (NDSU’s are better). But SDSU’s DL is better (and deeper) than NDSU’s DL so they turns into a slight advantage for the Jackrabbits when comparing the OL’s. SDSU’s receivers are WAAAY better than NDSU’s receivers so then that makes the DB comparison about a wash.

NDSU probably has a slight advantage in special teams, they are more likely to break a big return. Plus SDSU has had a few fumbles on returns this season (mostly on punt returns).

Where NDSU has a clear advantage is handling the time off, managing their time and emotions once they arrive in Frisco, and the coaches perfectly timing the lead up into the game to get the guys playing at an extremely high level. SDSU is a veteran enough team that I think they will handle everything fine and play at a high level themselves, but it is a bit of an unknown as their last trip to Frisco had no bye weeks in between.

SDSU is healthier than the first meeting, and NDSU isn’t nearly as healthy as first meeting. Notably, the Jacks get Tucker Kraft back and the Bison lose Hunter Luepke. In their last 7 games (which is when Kraft returned to the lineup) 5 of the Jackrabbits’ opponents set a new season high or tied their season high in points allowed to an FCS team.

I think with 3 weeks to prepare and (presumably) most of the questionable players playing, NDSU will come out with quite a few wrinkles to throw SDSU off guard and play very inspired football. However as I mentioned earlier this SDSU team is experienced and also well coached, I have been very impressed with their ability to make in game adjustments.

Just like October, NDSU jumps out early but it won’t be by 14 again. SDSU retakes the lead in the 3rd quarter and pulls away in the 4th. I picked a 31-17 score in PWO’s playoff bracket challenge and that’s what I’ll go with here. I guess if NDSU is going to lose in Frisco, it’s only right that it comes against the team that has been tormented the most by them over the years.

It should be an exciting game and I can’t wait for the party down in Frisco.

Professor Chaos
January 6th, 2023, 06:32 AM
All I know is if I fly down again to watch another boring ass whupping Im going to be disappointed. So I just hope it's a good game.

Third time is a charm?
You'll be pleased to find out that Craig Haley listed those two previous Frisco games you were at as the worst two games of the Frisco natty era. xlolx

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-football-ranking-championship-games-frisco-texas-era

Honestly the Towson/NDSU game (2013 natty) should be the worst though due to the game being a snoozer and the horrendously awful turf.

JSUSoutherner
January 6th, 2023, 07:10 AM
You'll be pleased to find out that Craig Haley listed those two previous Frisco games you were at as the worst two games of the Frisco natty era. xlolx

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-football-ranking-championship-games-frisco-texas-era

Honestly the Towson/NDSU game (2013 natty) should be the worst though due to the game being a snoozer and the horrendously awful turf.
Well I just boarded my flight to Dallas, so I guess it's too late to turn back now.

ming01
January 6th, 2023, 08:35 AM
College Football News Preview:

https://collegefootballnews.com/2023/01/north-dakota-state-vs-south-dakota-state-fcs-national-championship-prediction-game-preview-odds-tv

ming01
January 6th, 2023, 09:37 AM
Espn Preview (Need Espn+ to view)

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...h-dakota-state (https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/35386822/fcs-championship-previewing-south-dakota-state-north-dakota-state)

Winterborn
January 6th, 2023, 11:31 AM
Well I just boarded my flight to Dallas, so I guess it's too late to turn back now.

Best of luck to you (and everybody else) flying to the game.

I am 50/50 on delayed flights in the last year and learned more about why flights can't take off then I ever wanted to know. Case in point, per a pilot on a recent flight, one has to have at least one functional lavatorie before takeoff. Even on a 35 minute flight.

Professor Chaos
January 6th, 2023, 11:36 AM

I am 50/50 on delayed flights in the last year and learned more about why flights can't take off then I ever wanted to know. Case in point, per a pilot on a recent flight, one has to have at least one functional lavatorie before takeoff. Even on a 35 minute flight.
But did you know that disabling the lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited under federal law?

Winterborn
January 6th, 2023, 11:52 AM
But did you know that disabling the lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited under federal law?

That and what to do if there is a sudden pressure drop and how to tighten my mask.

I am a bit sad that more flights are using the pre-recoreded safety briefs as some of the ad-lib's by flight attendants I have heard over the years were pretty funny. Best one was on a smaller flight were the flight attendant knew 5 or 6 of the passengers and they were talking a bit of family smack before we fully boarded and she continued that smack during her safety brief. Everybody laughed and clapped when she was done. One of the most entertaining flights I have been on.

JSUSoutherner
January 6th, 2023, 01:57 PM

Was pretty smooth sailing. Just spent more time on the ramp De-Icing than I care to do.

Winterborn
January 6th, 2023, 02:56 PM
Was pretty smooth sailing. Just spent more time on the ramp De-Icing than I care to do.

xthumbsupx

Had a flight that we were pulling into the de-icing ramp in MSP and a Candian jet cut in line. They got de-iced, then time we were done. Since we were late, we missed our spot in the take-off queue and waited on the runway. Then the crew timed out so we had to go back to the gate. Get a new crew and we go through the de-icing again. There was a mechanical issue after de-icing (something stuck) and we had to go back to the gate to get it fixed.

Maintenance came and fixed it, but we needed to go through de-icing again as there is a time limit. Third time was the charm as we were able to take off. Learned after we landed that we had only ten minutes left on the 2nd crew time before they timed out.

Flying.....

JSUSoutherner
January 6th, 2023, 02:59 PM
The amount of NDSU fans at Wild Pitch... Jeez, I figured there was some embellishment of the NDSU patronage of this establishment.

There is no embellishment.

Professor Chaos
January 6th, 2023, 04:05 PM
The amount of NDSU fans at Wild Pitch... Jeez, I figured there was some embellishment of the NDSU patronage of this establishment.

There is no embellishment.
NDSU fans and breastaraunts go together like NDSU football and championships. :D

Daytripper
January 6th, 2023, 04:58 PM
NDSU fans and breastaraunts go together like NDSU football and championships. :D

Nobody outside of North Dakota benefits from Bison championship game appearances more than Frisco sports bars.

Professor Chaos
January 6th, 2023, 05:20 PM
Nobody outside of North Dakota benefits from Bison championship game appearances more than Frisco sports bars.
Truth... there's a reason why a handful of them donate to the NDSU Athletics booster club, haha.

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2023, 06:47 PM
I'm over at the Holiday Inn/The Colony. Hard 8 BBQ close by and it was fantastic.....outnumbered by Jacks fans over here easily 10 to 1 if not more.

dewey
January 7th, 2023, 12:38 AM
I'm over at the Holiday Inn/The Colony. Hard 8 BBQ close by and it was fantastic.....outnumbered by Jacks fans over here easily 10 to 1 if not more.

That is where we are going tomorrow night. Good to hear it was fantastic. Anything in particular you would recommend?

Dewey

BisonFan02
January 7th, 2023, 07:49 AM
That is where we are going tomorrow night. Good to hear it was fantastic. Anything in particular you would recommend?

Dewey

It's all pretty good....can't really go wrong. Brisket is always a good staple.

Redbird 4th & short
January 7th, 2023, 08:52 AM

Mostly agree with your general point .. Colonial getting 5 teams made no sense whatsoever .. conference was over-rated, and they play very few tough OOC games, then get paired with most of the weak autobid conferences due to logistics, before most got smoked by the first real playoff team they played. EKU getting in at 7-4 over YSU at 7-4, made no sense whatsoever. Then EKU lost at home to 6-5 auto-bid Gardner Webb 52-41 .. gave up 52 points to Gardner Webb ??? Same GW who then lost to W&M by 40, same W&M who then lost to Mont St by 48, same Mont St who then lost by 21 to SDSU ... add those 4 margins up to 120 points of blowouts. I'm thinking YSU, SIU, UNI all blow out Gardner Webb, and hold them under 14 pts without doubt.

But ISUr didn't have the depth needed on offense to overcome just a couple key/nagging injuries. if we play the full season with QB Annexstad and RB Cole Mueller plus backup RB Wenkers Wright .. we coulda/shoulda/woulda been a 7-4 playoff bid team without doubt, and possibly even 8-3 .. granted we would have needed 2 patsie OOC games to do so. In the end, we got what we deserved fat 6-5 for not having depth. We thought we had plenty of RB depth .. turned out to not be the case. Then QB Annexstad went down last 3 games and once again had no #2 even close to ready. But we still had 7-4 YSU beat, but literally gave it away in final minutes. Spack's conservatism was on full display this season in 2nd half of most games .. drove us nuts playing just to keep games close, then losing most of them. We destroyed a deceptively tough ISUb in first half .. total domination, then Spack took playbook away from new OC and QB, and we nearly gave that one away. Our offensive 1st half vs 2nd half stats show this conservatism. Granted Spack knew we were thin on offense, but still ... PLEASE play to f-ing win sometimes, PLEASE !!!

Anyway, we've got a QB finally, but needed RB Cole Mueller .. lost him early in Q1 againt Wiscy in opener. Saw FR RB Wenkers Wright emerge, but we overused him too early and he played banged up rest of season. The other RBs we liked never stepped up, which likely meant our OL was not what we had hoped. We had great TEs .. 48 catches combined, but no proven WRs .. so pass game was slow developing, while our run game withered .. we got what we deserved .. 6-5, no playoffs.

Back to your point .. 7-4 YSU, 6-5 UNI, and 5-6 SIU would all have beaten several of the at large bids. And so would a healthy 6-5 ISUr .. but we weren't. This in an otherwise down year for most of MVFC. And despite an all MVFC final, I give the Best Conference nod to Big Sky .. they had better upper half depth than MVFC. But again, how on earth did Colonial get 5 teams ???

Pards Rule
January 7th, 2023, 11:21 AM
Is this the 11th NC game at Frisco?? I was at the one in 2012. It was great! I remember great coffee downtown at a place called Sertinos Coffee. Ate great BBQ one night at a place right off NDT just shy of stadium that was fairly new in 2012. Damn name? It was excellent! Couldnt get down as hoped this year as Sunday afternoon CST start and I had a big meeting on Monday.

Pards Rule
January 7th, 2023, 11:28 AM
I recall getting gas at a new Costco Gas on Eldorado Drive (next exit north on NDT). There was NOTHING north of that as I recall back in 2012. I also got warning on my car from Frisco PD during game as I parked next to a fire hydrant but on an empty Enterprise Dr (nothing built or started) just to east of stadium. Thought it was cool no ticket! It WAS the first year though in Frisco!

POD Knows
January 7th, 2023, 11:43 AM

Dewey
Dude. BF02 thinks Waffle House is good. I have eaten at Hard 8 and it is pretty good.

TheKingpin28
January 7th, 2023, 12:31 PM
Dude. BF02 thinks Waffle House is good. I have eaten at Hard 8 and it is pretty good.But the fight club at Waffle House makes it a great place for dinner and a movie.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
January 7th, 2023, 12:35 PM
But the fight club at Waffle House makes it a great place for dinner and a movie.

If you don't have a seat, one will be provided for you. Via airmail.

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2023, 12:42 PM
Is this the 11th NC game at Frisco. I was at first one in 2012. It was great! I remember great coffee downtown at a place called Sertinos Coffee. Ate great BBQ one night at a place right off NDT just shy of stadium that was fairly new in 2012. Damn name? It was excellent! Couldnt get down as hoped this year as Sunday afternoon CST start and I had a big meeting on Monday.

Delaware vs E Washington was first one in Frisco

Year 2011
season 2010

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2023, 12:48 PM
Dude. BF02 thinks Waffle House is good. I have eaten at Hard 8 and it is pretty good.

I had to bring my wife to a Waffle House for her birthday once .... only thing open in Kissimmee at 3 am

Pards Rule
January 7th, 2023, 01:40 PM
Delaware vs E Washington was first one in Frisco

Year 2011
season 2010

Thank you for the clarification

Chalupa Batman
January 7th, 2023, 01:42 PM
But the fight club at Waffle House makes it a great place for dinner and a movie.

Eating right now at a Whataburger in Plano, heard a bunch of things slamming back in the kitchen. An employee flipped out and was throwing things around then came out to the front and stormed out the door. A few minutes later I glanced out the window just in time to see her walk up to the curb, grab a couple of decent sized rocks, walk up to the building and hurl them against the glass. Glass didn’t break or chip though. Police are here now. It looks like she punched an employee or two back in the kitchen.

Dinner and a show!

JSUSoutherner
January 7th, 2023, 02:18 PM
Turns out Hutchins is pretty good.

Gil Dobie
January 7th, 2023, 03:29 PM
I had to bring my wife to a Waffle House for her birthday once .... only thing open in Kissimmee at 3 am

What are the Boston Lobsters hours?

dewey
January 7th, 2023, 06:11 PM
Turns out Hutchins is pretty good.

Glad you agree. We are headed there tomorrow after the game. Hard 8's tonight.

Dewey

dewey
January 7th, 2023, 06:12 PM
The NDSU athletic department puts out some of the best videos. I could do without the Packers stuff but otherwise spot on.

https://youtu.be/vEQoZ2Mu584

Dewey

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2023, 07:25 PM
What are the Boston Lobsters hours?

What are the Boston Lobstas ?

tennis team from the 70’s or cheap late night after theme parks Kissimmee special?

dewey
January 7th, 2023, 10:24 PM
It's all pretty good....can't really go wrong. Brisket is always a good staple.

Great call on the brisket. It was fantastic. The jalapeño sausage and pulled pork was also delicious.

Dewey

Pards Rule
January 8th, 2023, 08:04 AM
Yo Batman - we dont have WAB "back East" so I guess I hope to catch the revue when it comes to Waffle House (well none in NJ but in PA - close enough). I was at NDSUs first FCS in 2012 and would be there this year to meet my good Bison friends BUT this damn Sunday afternoon start! I have a major, major meeting on Monday. My prediction Bison 27-23.

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2023, 08:24 AM
What are the Boston Lobstas ?

tennis team from the 70’s or cheap late night after theme parks Kissimmee special?

All you can eat Lobsta buffet some UNH grade opened in Kissimmee in 90s.

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2023, 08:26 AM
The NDSU athletic department puts out some of the best videos. I could do without the Packers stuff but otherwise spot on.

https://youtu.be/vEQoZ2Mu584

Dewey

We love Christian Watson with the Pack. Once a Bison always a Bison. Love to see the Bison and Watson have big days today.

mvfcfan
January 8th, 2023, 09:24 AM
Well, today is the big day. I want SDSU to win, but my gut kind of tells me NDSU will probably get it done again.

Pards Rule
January 8th, 2023, 10:04 AM
I recall the BIG issue that 2012 game NDSU vs SHSU was the HORRIBLE ceelphone reception and damn it even blew up handling texts. They vowed after that year to solve it. Did Frisco get that done via carriers?

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2023, 11:03 AM
If you don't have a seat, one will be provided for you. Via airmail.Ain't that the truth.

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2023, 11:04 AM
Eating right now at a Whataburger in Plano, heard a bunch of things slamming back in the kitchen. An employee flipped out and was throwing things around then came out to the front and stormed out the door. A few minutes later I glanced out the window just in time to see her walk up to the curb, grab a couple of decent sized rocks, walk up to the building and hurl them against the glass. Glass didn’t break or chip though. Police are here now. It looks like she punched an employee or two back in the kitchen.

Dinner and a show!What is it with The South and the need to turn fine dining establishments into local WWE circuits?

Laker
January 8th, 2023, 11:29 AM
What is it with The South and the need to turn fine dining establishments into local WWE circuits?

Waffle House

https://i0.wp.com/www.prosportsextra.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/IMG_8209.jpg?w=1169&ssl=1

POD Knows
January 8th, 2023, 12:16 PM
What is it with The South and the need to turn fine dining establishments into local WWE circuits?

Meth and huffing spray paint.

JSUSoutherner
January 8th, 2023, 12:48 PM
SDSU out here with the attendance edge so far.

skinny_uncle
January 8th, 2023, 01:04 PM
Game6time.

Winterborn
January 8th, 2023, 01:07 PM
3 and out. Going to be a long day I think.

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2023, 01:08 PM
I see Meathead is calling his usual bull**** plays.

Prime Power
January 8th, 2023, 01:15 PM
This is gonna be a blowout.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 8th, 2023, 01:15 PM
Damn...that was physically impressive....

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2023, 01:16 PM
Entz set this program back significantly and it is finally showing on the big stage.

Winterborn
January 8th, 2023, 01:17 PM
This is gonna be a blowout.Based on the game so far, I don't disagree.

Part of me wants that to happen so maybe we can shake things up in the offensive coaching department.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 8th, 2023, 01:19 PM
How will NDSU approach this drive?

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2023, 01:19 PM
How will NDSU approach this drive?Run, run, QB run...

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2023, 01:20 PM
Oh wait, try and throw an INT.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 8th, 2023, 01:23 PM
What a freakin answer!! wow!!

Winterborn
January 8th, 2023, 01:23 PM
What a kick. [emoji23]

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Man, Stig wants to have NDSU throw and Cam getting bailed out but damn, taking years off of my life.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 8th, 2023, 01:27 PM
One way or another this is a tone setting drive...

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 8th, 2023, 01:30 PM
NDSU! Rising up...didn't see this momentum change coming....

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2023, 01:31 PM
Meth and huffing spray paint.You're not wrong.

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2023, 01:32 PM
Waffle House

https://i0.wp.com/www.prosportsextra.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/IMG_8209.jpg?w=1169&ssl=1I'm serious, if someone can parry a chair being thrown at their head, you run away from that person. They are not normal and will end your life.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 8th, 2023, 01:35 PM
Don't understand why NDSU is so pass happy again....

deez_na
January 8th, 2023, 01:41 PM
Pass D is suppose to be good but they are just eating us alive.

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2023, 01:42 PM
Don't understand why NDSU is so pass happy again....Cause Roehl has one gameplan: scripted and if it doesnt work, revert to QB power.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 8th, 2023, 01:47 PM
SDSU right up the gut for a TD! that looks like Dakota football....

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2023, 01:49 PM
Refs refuse to call anything. As long as it stays both sides of the ball, teams will need to adjust accordingly.

mvfcfan
January 8th, 2023, 01:49 PM
LET'S GO!!!

mvfcfan
January 8th, 2023, 01:53 PM
Fumble lmao!

deez_na
January 8th, 2023, 01:54 PM
SDSU 72-14, give or take

Winterborn
January 8th, 2023, 01:55 PM
Easy TD for SDSU.

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2023, 01:56 PM
Enough with the soft ****ing zone Entz.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 8th, 2023, 01:56 PM
Wow, this really does look like a mismatch....

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2023, 01:57 PM
Wow, this really does look like a mismatch....

Fargodome crowd kept it close in the first game.

ysubigred
January 8th, 2023, 01:57 PM
Wow how ****ing stupid is NDSU? Two Jankie kids about 65% Of the O and open on every play..

POD Knows
January 8th, 2023, 01:59 PM
NDSU is simply out manned. It is playing out the way I thought. The SDSU offensive playbook is 4 inches thick and you can put the Bison playbook on the back of a matchbook. Out manned, getting beat physically and completely out coached

CockyGeek
January 8th, 2023, 02:00 PM
I hate VividSeats so much. Mostly because they sold me fraudulent Rolling Stones tickets, said "Oh Well" and then banned me after I charged it back.

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2023, 02:00 PM
NDSU is simply out manned. It is playing out the way I thought. The SDSU offensive playbook is 4 inches thick and you can put the Bison playbook on the back of a matchbook. Out manned, getting beat physically and completely out coachedEntz set the program back with his lack of culture and "Bison Football Players" for all about me and stat padders trying to make highlight reel plays. Doubt Larson does anything about it but Roehl and Entz are clearly not it.

Winterborn
January 8th, 2023, 02:08 PM
NDSU is simply out manned. It is playing out the way I thought. The SDSU offensive playbook is 4 inches thick and you can put the Bison playbook on the back of a matchbook. Out manned, getting beat physically and completely out coachedSDSU looks and plays like we used to.

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2023, 02:09 PM
SDSU looks and plays like we used to.

Agree, they are really good.

POD Knows
January 8th, 2023, 02:10 PM
SDSU looks and plays like we used to.
Yes, on defense but their offense is light years ahead of anything NDSU has ever tried.

SUPharmacist
January 8th, 2023, 02:11 PM
Entz set the program back with his lack of culture and "Bison Football Players" for all about me and stat padders trying to make highlight reel plays. Doubt Larson does anything about it but Roehl and Entz are clearly not it.

Don't know anything about the new Prez, but I think Larsen also isn't it. Would like to see a massive shakeup. However, if they actually are trying to pursue FBS I doubt anything happens until then.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 8th, 2023, 02:11 PM
3rd and 7 and that happens...damn!

deez_na
January 8th, 2023, 02:12 PM
Forgot we can’t tackle now either. Need one tackle to get ball back but nope

uofmman1122
January 8th, 2023, 02:15 PM
This is getting ugly.

Bison56
January 8th, 2023, 02:15 PM
Ballgame

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 8th, 2023, 02:16 PM
Well that's officially the nail in the coffin. NDSU had a helluva, but SDSU has clearly ascended to the top this year....

BTW, Holy Cross is pretty good...xsmiley_wix

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2023, 02:16 PM
SDSU gets to pick the final score