PDA

View Full Version : Biermann for Buchanon

Proud Griz Man
November 2nd, 2007, 10:01 AM
#53 Kroy Biermann of the Montana Grizzlies

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2007_2008/Football/Multimedia/kroy_bierman/biermann_buchanan.wmv

What is being said about
Kroy Biermann ...

"That defensive end (Biermann) is just phenomenal. We lined our (scout) team up about a yard offside to try to get ready for that kid. I don't think we did a good job of blocking him even with that. He hits full speed like that, can change direction and hit full speed again. He's just very good."

- Albany coach Bob Ford

http://web.montanagrizzlies.com/mtgriz/images/front_wide/football/kroy_biermann.jpg

kudos to the Griz staff and SID for the high-quality production xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
November 2nd, 2007, 10:07 AM
THat's awesome. In a few of those hits, you can actually see the QB cringe just before he gets to him.

I can't imagine what it must feel like to see/feel/hear him coming "bear"ing down on you.... xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

I LOVED the play where he takes on the tight end/tackle (not sure which), then takes on the fullback, then tackles the RB for about a 6 yard loss. Single handedly.

GannonFan
November 2nd, 2007, 10:08 AM
Isn't this an award for Cal Poly guys???? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx :p

AZGrizFan
November 2nd, 2007, 10:09 AM
Isn't this an award for Cal Poly guys???? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx :p

See, now THAT's funny. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Not necessarily Cal Poly guys, but we DO like to try and keep it on the West side of the mighty Mississip. xsmiley_wix

GannonFan
November 2nd, 2007, 10:12 AM
See, now THAT's funny. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Not necessarily Cal Poly guys, but we DO like to try and keep it on the West side of the mighty Mississip. xsmiley_wix

Heck, we gotta throw you guys a bone every now and then, otherwise we'd hear all this "East Coast Bias" stuff. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

AZGrizFan
November 2nd, 2007, 10:15 AM
Heck, we gotta throw you guys a bone every now and then, otherwise we'd hear all this "East Coast Bias" stuff. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Yep, just one little trophy and we'll all go quietly into the night. xeyebrowx xcoolx

GannonFan
November 2nd, 2007, 10:16 AM
Yep, just one little trophy and we'll all go quietly into the night. xeyebrowx xcoolx

Well maybe if you guys (western guys) would step up and win the national title more often we wouldn't have to worry about that, would we??? :p

ForShizzleGrizzle
November 2nd, 2007, 10:22 AM
Well maybe if you guys (western guys) would step up and win the national title more often we wouldn't have to worry about that, would we??? :p

We probably could if you East coast guys would put more than 2 western teams into the playoffs. Its easy to do when you have 14 teams from the east and 2 from the west represented in the playoffs. But out of those two slot we are offered the west we managed to get a team in the chipper 5 out of the last 12 years. Not so shabby.

AZGrizFan
November 2nd, 2007, 10:25 AM

Since the inception of I-AA, what percentage of schools have been West of the Mississippi, and what percentage of NC's have been won by schools west of the Missississippi?

BSC has 5 NC's, out of 29 total. La-Monroe has 1 That's 6 of 29, or 20% of the NC's won by teams west of the Mississippi...

I have to go to work, so I'll finish the other half of the question later, unless someone else would like to figure out what percentage of I-AA schools are west of the Mississippi.

Proud Griz Man
November 2nd, 2007, 10:30 AM
I notice that the "Santos article in Boston paper" has not morphed into a anti-UNH smackfest, but the Griz thread has quickly been converted into anti-Griz smack by our CAA friends.

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx
xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex

RE/MAXGriz
November 2nd, 2007, 10:52 AM
That video kicks ass, and UM is working out a statistical error with NAU, Kroy had 2 fumble recoveries against NAU, not 1.

SeattleGriz
November 2nd, 2007, 10:53 AM
I loved the Junior year highlight where he sheds the two blocks and still gets the sack in the backfield.

montanafan
November 2nd, 2007, 10:54 AM
Since the inception of I-AA, what percentage of schools have been West of the Mississippi, and what percentage of NC's have been won by schools west of the Missississippi?

BSC has 5 NC's, out of 29 total. La-Monroe has 1 That's 6 of 29, or 20% of the NC's won by teams west of the Mississippi...

I have to go to work, so I'll finish the other half of the question later, unless someone else would like to figure out what percentage of I-AA schools are west of the Mississippi.

Currently there are 122 teams in the FCS and 31 of them are west of the Mississippi. That equates to 25.4% xcoffeex xcoffeex

AZGrizFan
November 2nd, 2007, 12:44 PM

Currently there are 122 teams in the FCS and 31 of them are west of the Mississippi. That equates to 25.4% xcoffeex xcoffeex

So, 25.4% of teams West of the Mississippi, and historically 20.4% of teams West of the Mississippi have won NC's. Not great, but not wholly out of line. The disappointing thing is that the ONLY teams LEFT in the West who have won an NC are in the BSC. There is just such a dearth of teams in general.... xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx

GolfingGriz
November 2nd, 2007, 05:36 PM
Through October he has to be the frontrunner for the award. The best player on the best defense(points).

SeattleGriz
November 2nd, 2007, 06:15 PM
I'm taking the silence from the peanut gallery as evidence they got nothin' on Kroy.

Hansel
November 2nd, 2007, 07:19 PM
Bierman is a stud, he can dominate a game on D

JohnStOnge
November 2nd, 2007, 07:50 PM
I'm taking the silence from the peanut gallery as evidence they got nothin' on Kroy.

I think Bryan Smith is better but what do you say? One of those things you can't prove. Right now Biermann has more sacks and Smith has more total tackles for loss. I think Biermann's a little bigger and stronger while Smith is a little quicker and faster. I guarantee you that if somebody decided to make a highlight film of Smith they could make one at least as impressive as the Biermann clip at the top of this thread.

McNeese_beat
November 2nd, 2007, 07:52 PM
I would think on a per-play basis, Bryan Smith has been more productive. He has 9.5 sacks and 20.5 TFLs and he hardly plays in the 4th quarter of games because of McNeese's big leads this year.

Not to mention, McNeese substitutes liberally while the game is close (in an effort to keep players fresh). I would bet he plays maybe 40 snaps a game.

Pauly LB
November 2nd, 2007, 07:53 PM

That would be correct...

JohnStOnge
November 2nd, 2007, 08:05 PM
I would say that a difference between what one would see with Smith highlights and the linked Biermann highlights is that Smith's would involve a lot of plays where he's hardly touched because he's so quick. A lot of breaking completely clean and showing a lot of speed in getting to whoever he's going to tackle. Like the play where he sacked Bomar, caused the fumble, then recovered it. I wasn't exaggerating in another thread when I said he's got running back or wide receiver type speed.

AZGrizFan
November 2nd, 2007, 08:08 PM
I would think on a per-play basis, Bryan Smith has been more productive. He has 9.5 sacks and 20.5 TFLs and he hardly plays in the 4th quarter of games because of McNeese's big leads this year.

Not to mention, McNeese substitutes liberally while the game is close (in an effort to keep players fresh). I would bet he plays maybe 40 snaps a game.

I have no idea how many snaps Biermann plays, but given Hauck's substitution patterns, I would expect that his plays per game are somewhat similar...

SeattleGriz
November 2nd, 2007, 08:08 PM

Sounds as if McNeese and Montana have the same philosophies when it comes to rotating players. I sometimes count the player participation reports to see how much teams are substituting, and I see that McNeese averages right around what Montana does at 55-60 guys played per game.

I won't mention some of the teams on here who have proven via lack of substitution that they are either trying to run up the score, or don't have the talent past the starters.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 2nd, 2007, 08:10 PM

Yeah it sounds like you guys are following the game plan Montana has been implementing for years. most of our starters are platooned quite heavily. It would be an interesting comparison as I know in the game two or three weeks ago Biermann was in for 28 plays had a blocked field goal. and 2 or 3 sacks, and like 8 tackles with about 4 of those for a loss. I will see if I can find the actual stats but I know he was only in the game for 28 plays. Our starters and your starters are probably very close in playing time as ours are out of the game fairly early too to give the backups some experience and get the depth thing going.

slostang
November 2nd, 2007, 08:11 PM

Cal Poly is taking this year off when it comes to the Buchanan Award, but will be back in 2008 with Rover Mark Restelli as a strong canidate. The following year 2006 winner Kyle Shotwells brother, Ryan Shotwell will be a strong canidate for the award. I get back to you on 2010 and beyond.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 2nd, 2007, 08:27 PM
I would say that a difference between what one would see with Smith highlights and the linked Biermann highlights is that Smith's would involve a lot of plays where he's hardly touched because he's so quick. A lot of breaking completely clean and showing a lot of speed in getting to whoever he's going to tackle. Like the play where he sacked Bomar, caused the fumble, then recovered it. I wasn't exaggerating in another thread when I said he's got running back or wide receiver type speed.

Sound exactly like what Biermann did last week against NAU. he sheds his blocker grabs the running back (Henderson) and strips the ball and recovers it.

JohnStOnge
November 2nd, 2007, 08:43 PM
Sound exactly like what Biermann did last week against NAU. he sheds his blocker grabs the running back (Henderson) and strips the ball and recovers it.

The main thing I was getting at with that play is that was something I can't show you because I don't have a link to a Smith highlight thing. It's how clean he breaks because of his speed and quickness. The fumble and recovery is secondary. That's to identify the play in the minds of people (like McBeat) who saw it. The main point is how quick he was, how clean he broke, and how fast he got to the guy.

McNeese_beat
November 2nd, 2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah it sounds like you guys are following the game plan Montana has been implementing for years. most of our starters are platooned quite heavily. It would be an interesting comparison as I know in the game two or three weeks ago Biermann was in for 28 plays had a blocked field goal. and 2 or 3 sacks, and like 8 tackles with about 4 of those for a loss. I will see if I can find the actual stats but I know he was only in the game for 28 plays. Our starters and your starters are probably very close in playing time as ours are out of the game fairly early too to give the backups some experience and get the depth thing going.

McNeese started doing that stuff back in the Keasler days...or basically back to the beginning of their success in I-AA/FCS.

What was absolutely hilarious was the West Virginia Tech game last year, watching those guys try to block Smith. They'd line up with a tight end over Smith, and both running backs in an I formation behind the tight end. So basically, you had a tight end, the left tackle and two running backs trying to block him.

And I swear there were at least 2-3 plays where he got the tackle or sack untouched.

JohnStOnge
November 2nd, 2007, 08:55 PM
They'd line up with a tight end over Smith, and both running backs in an I formation behind the tight end. So basically, you had a tight end, the left tackle and two running backs trying to block him.

And I swear there were at least 2-3 plays where he got the tackle or sack untouched.

That's bears upon what I'm trying to get across about the difference between the two players. I didn't see that game...but (again) highlight film of Smith wouldn't be so much showing him engaging blockers, shedding them, etc. It'd be showing him getting off the ball so fast that they either never touch him or just get a grazing blow.

One problem with the Beirmann highlight film is that they keep changing speeds. It's hard to get a real line on how fast he is.

McNeese_beat
November 4th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Last night Smith added 4 tackles, including two more TFLs (22.5 on the year) and another sack (10.5). On the sack, he forced a fumble (his fourth forced fumble), and picked it up and ran it for a touchdown.

His résumé is getting harder and harder to match.

Syntax Error
November 4th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Biermann and Smith have to be the frontrunners for the Buchanan at this point.

JohnStOnge
November 4th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Biermann and Smith have to be the frontrunners for the Buchanan at this point.

Hopefully somebody will make a Smith highlight video!

grizband
November 4th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Last night Smith added 4 tackles, including two more TFLs (22.5 on the year) and another sack (10.5). On the sack, he forced a fumble (his fourth forced fumble), and picked it up and ran it for a touchdown.

His résumé is getting harder and harder to match.
That is very true, but Bierrman is trying to keep pace. After yesterday's game, Kroy now has 51 TTs, 15 TFLs, 13.5 sacks, and 5 forced fumbles.

Peems
November 4th, 2007, 04:27 PM
After watching Smith last year when Mcneese played the Griz, I would say he is faster than Kroy, no doubt. But Kroy is the strongest Griz on the team. I would agree with the earlier assessment that Kroy is stronger Smith is faster. I'm sure Smith is better than when I saw him, and I don't know if he is double and triple teamed like Kroy is, but I guarantee that one of the two should win the Buck

JohnStOnge
November 4th, 2007, 04:50 PM
I don't know if he is double and triple teamed ...

The answer is "yes."

twentythreeOh4
November 4th, 2007, 04:51 PM

Biermann hasn't played as many downs as you think he has. I bet Montana substitutes just as liberally as McNeese. Coach Hauck platoons across the defense in every game and every position. Against N. Colorado, Biermann had 3 sacks, a forced fumble, a blocked FG, and 5 tackles and he did it in only 28 plays.

Biermann has been very consistant, he had a sack in every game this season. He also makes plays in big games and big situations. Against N. Arizona he got a sack inside the 10 yard line which forced NAU to settle for a FG. Later with NAU in the red zone again, he tackled the RB, stripped the ball, then recovered the fumble.

I've seen a lot of good DE over the years -- including Smith last year in the playoffs -- and I can honestly say that Biermann is one of the best I've ever seen.

McNeese_beat
November 4th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Biermann hasn't played as many downs as you think he has. I bet Montana substitutes just as liberally as McNeese. Coach Hauck platoons across the defense in every game and every position. Against N. Colorado, Biermann had 3 sacks, a forced fumble, a blocked FG, and 5 tackles and he did it in only 28 plays.

Biermann has been very consistant, he had a sack in every game this season. He also makes plays in big games and big situations. Against N. Arizona he got a sack inside the 10 yard line which forced NAU to settle for a FG. Later with NAU in the red zone again, he tackled the RB, stripped the ball, then recovered the fumble.

I've seen a lot of good DE over the years -- including Smith last year in the playoffs -- and I can honestly say that Biermann is one of the best I've ever seen.

The reason I say it is McNeese also subs liberally AND the Cowboys have won a bunch of blowouts this year. I doubt if Smith has seen the last 5-7 minutes of a game yet this year.

Last night, he was done with about 5-6 minutes left in the third quarter up 42-6

And believe me, I'm not saying that to thump the chest on how good I think McNeese is. I do realize McNeese's schedule has contributed to the blowouts. But I'll say two things about the schedule: 1. It looked a lot better on paper in the preseason than it turned out to be and 2. I don't think Montana can complain about anybody else's schedule:D

MaroonMafia
November 9th, 2007, 10:06 PM
http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2007_2008/Football/Multimedia/kroy_bierman/biermann_buchanan2.wmv

A second Biermann video has been released!!! Part III will debut on November 19th...

AZGrizFan
November 9th, 2007, 11:08 PM
http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2007_2008/Football/Multimedia/kroy_bierman/biermann_buchanan2.wmv

A second Biermann video has been released!!! Part III will debut on November 19th...

I don't think that's as good as the first one. Still pictures don't do him justice...

SeattleGriz
November 10th, 2007, 02:45 AM
Not the best song by Breaking Benjamin, but it will do. Here is my favorite.

By the way, either download, or get off the pot!!! Don't wreck my bandwidth for the month.

http://www.box.net/shared/cdl5lplitx

And the original for you newbies to awesome rock...sissy

http://www.box.net/shared/0kbtcun86m

Syntax Error
November 10th, 2007, 03:00 AM
Forgot about Cory Lynch from App St who will challenge

Nice productions for Kroy!

SeattleGriz
November 10th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Forgot about Cory Lynch from App St who will challenge

Nice productions for Kroy!

I wish I could say Cory Lynch is a stinker, but I cant. But what I will say is that all the other candidates need to step their shirt up, if they want to compete.

I mean hell, how flippin hard is it to get some student to make a highlight video?

Kroy owns this!

Proud Griz Man
November 10th, 2007, 11:05 AM
New "Biermann for Buchanon" production.

xthumbsupx

http://web.montanagrizzlies.com/mtgriz/images/photo_gallery_images/2007_2008/Football/Photos/vs_Portland_/t_kroy_biermann.jpg

uofmman1122
November 11th, 2007, 02:40 AM
What'd he do today? 2 more sacks and another blocked FG? xbowx

catbob
November 11th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Bobby Daly is up to 121 tackles, 14.5 TFL, 2 FF, and 4 sacks.

Biermann is a stud though, and I don't see the Cats O-Line being able to stop him, unless we bring in Taito every passing play to help block, and even then...

Ronbo
November 11th, 2007, 11:12 AM
DE's can't get tackle numbers like a LB can and are not expected to. He's got 15 sacks, 50 tackles, 18 TFL, 5 FF, 2 blocked kicks, and I think 3 fumble recoveries.

If we can go deep into the playoffs he could get 20+ to maybe 25 sacks.

catbob
November 11th, 2007, 11:14 AM
LBs aren't expeced to get over 130 tackles either. :P LB's aren't expected to get as many sacks as a DE, either.

If I was voting though, I would vote for Biermann.

Jerbearasu
November 11th, 2007, 01:55 PM
DE's can't get tackle numbers like a LB can and are not expected to. He's got 15 sacks, 50 tackles, 18 TFL, 5 FF, 2 blocked kicks, and I think 3 fumble recoveries.

If we can go deep into the playoffs he could get 20+ to maybe 25 sacks.

As far as the Buchanon goes, it doesn't matter what his playoff stats are. Voting takes place after the end of the regular season. I think it will end up being Biermann, Smith and either Lynch/Lezott that will be the final 3 in Chatty. Lynch helped his cause last night with a Pick 6 on National TV. Add that to his game saving INT against FU and the Michigan block... There have been lots of highlights throughout his career and the Buchanon voters do not have to be sent a tape of his accomplishments because they've seen many of them on TV...

SeattleGriz
November 11th, 2007, 02:21 PM
As far as the Buchanon goes, it doesn't matter what his playoff stats are. Voting takes place after the end of the regular season. I think it will end up being Biermann, Smith and either Lynch/Lezott that will be the final 3 in Chatty. Lynch helped his cause last night with a Pick 6 on National TV. Add that to his game saving INT against FU and the Michigan block... There have been lots of highlights throughout his career and the Buchanon voters do not have to be sent a tape of his accomplishments because they've seen many of them on TV...

W Carolina vs App was on national TV yesterday?

Down with the Foe!
November 11th, 2007, 02:50 PM
How many voters see these kids on TV? I think that is why it is such a stat thing, when really Kroy's stats do NOT teall the story. Seriously, this kid is a freaking man child, pure evil, tasmanian Devil in a stinking Uni, pads and helmut.

He is around the damn ball eveyr play sideline to sideline, I swear it sounds like hype...it's not. As a former O-L, I've only seen one or two kids with a faster motor...and man does he have a nasty streak in him to boot!.

Good luck to all...this should be an interesting decision, I don't think Kroy wins it personally, and you see how I feel about him.

Jerbearasu
November 12th, 2007, 09:07 AM
W Carolina vs App was on national TV yesterday?

It was on ESPNU; tape delayed but still on. And I think a lot of voters watch the games that are available for them to watch to help with their decision. I wasn't able to see Jayson Foster live this year but saw some games on tv and that coupled with his stats makes me feel he deserves the Payton... Bierrmann I only saw in games last year and highlights on here but I assume he is better than Smith because I have seen more video on him than Smith. When many players have great stats the awards are about public exposure and the tv will do that for u...

Rob Iola
November 12th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Gotta give an east coast shout-out to Tony LeZotte from JMU and Brian Bradford from Towson (yeah, I know - "who?" - but you'll see him playing linebacker on Sundays next year).

Will be interesting to see left coast defenses against eastern offenses in the playoffs. Well, at least in the first round or 2...

Prominentwon
November 12th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I know this is an old thread, but wanted to add to it. After the many, many talented defensive players that have come through here, I find Smith to be the best I've ever seen @ McNeese. Granted, there's some stiff competition I say he wins the award. Also, that's me speaking with blue and gold glasses on because I haven't seen the other guys play. He was injured in the Northwestern St game but we're hearing it wasn't too bad and should be back for Central Ark.

I love this gif.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb117/prominentwon2/sacksmith.gif

McNeese75
November 12th, 2007, 04:57 PM
It was on ESPNU; tape delayed but still on. And I think a lot of voters watch the games that are available for them to watch to help with their decision. I wasn't able to see Jayson Foster live this year but saw some games on tv and that coupled with his stats makes me feel he deserves the Payton... Bierrmann I only saw in games last year and highlights on here but I assume he is better than Smith because I have seen more video on him than Smith. When many players have great stats the awards are about public exposure and the tv will do that for u...

xlolx Now that is a classic statement xcoolx

Proud Griz Man
November 12th, 2007, 05:15 PM
http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2006_2007/Football/Multimedia/vs_McNeese_S/um-mcneese-2006.wmv

In the 2006 playoffs, the Griz double-teamed blocked Smith most plays. I thought he was great in 2006 and he is clearly having a great 2007. Biermann also is having a great 2007.

Defensive Statistics (Final)
2006 Montana Football #22 McNeese State vs #2 Montana (Nov 25, 2006 at Missoula, Mont.)

McNeese State
## Player Solo Ast Tot TFL/Yds FF FR-Yd Intc BrUp Blkd Sack/Yds QH
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
41 Nelson, Allen 5 8 13 . . . . 1 . . .
36 Darby, Lawrence 5 3 8 . . . . . . . .
52 Bennett, Trey 2 3 5 1.0/3 . . . . . . .
9 Walker, Jonatha 2 3 5 . . . . . . . .
18 Barrett, Stephe 1 4 5 . . . 1-12 . . . .
35 Juneau, Jamelle 1 4 5 . . . . . . . .
1 Brown, Darrick 3 1 4 . . . . . . . .
93 Smith, Bryan 2 2 4 1.0/3 . . . . . 1.0/3 .
94 Joseph, Kirby 1 3 4 . . . . 1 . . .
99 Lundy, Kenneth 1 3 4 0.5/0 . . . . . . .
59 Person, Jared . 4 4 0.5/1 . . . . . . .
48 Minor, Deron . 4 4 . . . . . . . .
20 Stevenson, Ivan 1 2 3 . . . . . . . .
42 Mason, Bryant 1 2 3 . . . . . . . .
40 Dolan, Jared 2 . 2 . . . . . . . .
90 Hooker, Robert . 2 2 . . . . . . . .
12 Franklin, Carle 1 . 1 . . . . . . . .
46 Alleyne, Kenton 1 . 1 1.0/13 . . . . . 1.0/13 .
19 Smothers, Ramon 1 . 1 1.0/3 . . . . . . .
45 Griffin, Terry 1 . 1 . . . . . . . .
4 Johnson, Jordy . 1 1 . . . . . . . .
56 Thibodeaux, Tra . 1 1 . . . . . . . .
58 Turnage, David . 1 1 . . . . . . . .
98 Mayo, Marlon . 1 1 . . . . . . . .

Montana
## Player Solo Ast Tot TFL/Yds FF FR-Yd Intc BrUp Blkd Sack/Yds QH
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
46 Kyle Ryan 7 3 10 . . . . . . . .
53 Kroy Biermann 2 8 10 1.5/11 . . . . . 1.5/11 .
37 Loren Utterback 5 3 8 . . . . . . . .
6 Tyler Joyce 3 4 7 . . . . . . . .
19 Colt Anderson 1 6 7 . . . . . . . .
52 Shawn Lebsock 3 3 6 . . . . . . . .
90 Mike Murphy 3 2 5 2.5/6 . . . . . 0.5/4 .
18 Jimmy Wilson 2 3 5 . . . . 2 . . .
21 Dustin Dlouhy 1 4 5 1.0/9 . . . . . 1.0/9 .
32 Torrey Thomas 1 3 4 . . . . . . . .
13 Tuff Harris 2 1 3 . . . . . . . .
59 Kelly Kain . 3 3 . . . . . . . .
97 Jesse Carlson . 3 3 . . . . . . . .
27 Matt Lebsock 1 1 2 . . . . . . . .
35 Tom Martin 1 1 2 . . . . . . . .
98 Kerry Mullan . 2 2 . . . . . . . .
4 Muckie Foreman . 2 2 . . . . . . . .
9 Tim Parks 1 . 1 . . . . . . . .
5 Eric Allen 1 . 1 . . . . . . . .
43 Alex Hawthorne . 1 1 . . . . . . . .
49 Kevin Klaboe . 1 1 . . . . . . . .

Green26
November 17th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Biermann ran down a wide receiver from behind today. It was about a 40 or so yard pass play. The completion was to the sideline. The receiver cut to the middle and then turned it up field. Bierman came into the picture from behind and eventually grabbed the receiver's jersey at the back of the neck to save the TD. Showed great hustle and nice speed for a d-end. Will help out on the NFL front too, as the scouts are apparently looking at him for linebacker.

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Biermann ran down a wide receiver from behind today. It was about a 40 or so yard pass play. The completion was to the sideline. The receiver cut to the middle and then turned it up field. Bierman came into the picture from behind and eventually grabbed the receiver's jersey at the back of the neck to save the TD. Showed great hustle and nice speed for a d-end. Will help out on the NFL front too, as the scouts are apparently looking at him for linebacker.

That was the most ridiculous play I have ever seen. I wondered who made the tackle, and the fact that it was Bierman just astounded me. AMAZING speed and hustle!

DuckDuckGriz
November 17th, 2007, 05:25 PM

I saw that too. Where the hell did he come from?

They showed Kroy's little brother on TV clapping - woulda believe it was Chuck Norris.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 17th, 2007, 05:27 PM

That was a truly awesome play, he was rushing the QB at first, then you see him chase down there reciever that freaking far down the field......wow xbowx xeekx

griz37
November 17th, 2007, 05:46 PM
That tackle by Kroy was amazing, but he didn't have that great of a day. Peter Jensen from MSU did a really nice job of neutralizing him.

catbob
November 18th, 2007, 10:07 AM
No one mentioned that was Biermann's only tackle. Also, trainers believe Peder Jensen (man who blocked Biermann all day) broke his ankle right before the first TD, but taped it and played the rest of the day anyway. You gotta love Cat/Griz!

By the way, Bobby Daly will finish his junior campaign with:

136 tackles
15.5 TFL
5 Sacks
4 Pass Breakups
2 FF

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

JohnStOnge
November 18th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Well...one thing's for sure. Bryan Smith is out of the running; having missed the last 1 3/4 games with an injury. I just hope he's healthy enough to be effective next week.

McNeese75
November 18th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Well...one thing's for sure. Bryan Smith is out of the running; having missed the last 1 3/4 games with an injury. I just hope he's healthy enough to be effective next week.

xconfusedx

AlphaSigMD
November 18th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Lynch for Buchanon!!!!!!!!!

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Lynch for Buchanon!!!!!!!!!

xeyebrowx Care to further your thought. It kind of contradicts the thread topic.

argh!
November 18th, 2007, 11:53 AM
And believe me, I'm not saying that to thump the chest on how good I think McNeese is.

yes you are.

Proud Griz Man
November 19th, 2007, 02:09 PM
A third Kroy Biermann video was released recently:

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2007_2008/Football/Multimedia/Kroy_Bierman/biermann_buchanan3.wmv

http://web.montanagrizzlies.com/mtgriz/images/photo_gallery_images/2007_2008/Football/Photos/vs_Portland_/kroy_biermann.jpg

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Proud Griz Man
November 19th, 2007, 02:14 PM
That tackle by Kroy was amazing, but he didn't have that great of a day. Peter Jensen from MSU did a really nice job of neutralizing him.

I agree that MSU did a really nice job blocking Kroy on Saturday. The second half interception by linebacker Loren Utterback was largely caused by Kroy Biermann's pressure on Bobcat quarterback Rolovich. Kroy Biermann flushed him out of the pocket, pursued him toward the sideline, and then bumped his throwing arm as Rolo tried the shovel pass. (found at 6:30 mark of this Eight minute video)

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2007_2008/Football/Multimedia/at_Montana_S/um-msu2-2007.wmv

Proud Griz Man
November 20th, 2007, 08:31 AM
http://www.missoulian.com/content/articles/2007/11/20/sports/sports01.jpg

http://images.townnews.com/billingsgazette.net/content/articles/2007/11/20/sports/local/20-ash.jpg

Downright defensive: Biermann named Big Sky Conference defensive player of the year
By FRITZ NEIGHBOR of the Missoulian
Kroy Biermann can add a personal award to his team's unbeaten season - that of the Big Sky Conference's defensive player of the year.

The Montana Grizzlies' 238-pound senior defensive end from Hardin learned of the award Monday upon the release of the 2007 Big Sky All-Conference team selected by league coaches.

Biermann, a leading candidate for the Buck Buchanan Award, earned league player of the year honors with Big Sky bests of 16 sacks and five forced fumbles. He ranks second in the Football Championship Subdivision in sacks, and has 61 tackles, including 18 for losses, and two blocked field goals this season. xthumbsupx Biermann was one of just three unanimous selections, along with Weber State return specialist Bryant Eteuati and Portland State center Brennan Carvalho. Among the Griz, senior outside linebacker Loren Utterback, junior safety Colt Anderson, junior guard J.D. Quinn, junior tackle Brent Russum, punter Tyson Johnson and kicker Dan Carpenter also made the first team.

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2007/11/20/sports/sports01.txt

grizzpaw
November 20th, 2007, 08:37 AM
biermann is the best -but the man who run it has aready said that lynch was the winner(nothing but a homer vote this year)!
lynch is good, but one play does NOT make this award go to him! as we have been told!

Proud Griz Man
November 21st, 2007, 04:57 PM
http://web.montanagrizzlies.com/mtgriz/images/photo_gallery_images/2007_2008/Football/Photos/vs_Eastern_W/kroy_biermann.jpg

http://web.montanagrizzlies.com/mtgriz/images/photo_gallery_images/2007_2008/Football/Photos/vs_Weber_Sta/kroy_biermann.jpg

http://web.montanagrizzlies.com/mtgriz/images/photo_gallery_images/2007_2008/Football/Photos/vs_Southern_/kroy_biermann2.jpg

http://web.montanagrizzlies.com/mtgriz/images/photo_gallery_images/2006_2007/Football/Photos/at_Portland_/kroy_biermann.jpg

Anyway, onto the FCS brackets! Courtesy to ESPN for the "bracket" (more like a chart). The new one was unveiled today with some really interesting matchups. You can click on the image to see my bracket.

As I posted on here a few months ago, Jeff Pearlman of ESPN Page 2 opined on something about Delaware being "racist". Well, say what you want about the program, but there's no avoiding the Hornets now as the Blue Hens got paired up with the MEAC champions in round one. I'm taking Delaware in this game but it's mainly based on how they thrashed Navy's defense a few weeks ago.

New Hampshire was a little bit of a surprise sneaking into the FCS playoff picture with 4 losses. Youngstown State or Georgia Southern could have been selected. Anyway, the Wildcats will have to take on #1 ranked Northern Iowa who should be good enough to make a run at the national title game. Mainly, I don't have any upsets in the first round, but I think ultimately we'll be looking at a repeat of the 2005 season with a Northern Iowa/Appalachian State matchup. The Mountaineers, even with three losses, should find their way to the title game, but they might encounter the Montana Grizzlies which would be a very difficult game. I think Richmond could be a very dangerous team in these playoffs even though I have them dropping out after the first round.

Here are some players you should keep an eye on during these playoffs:

Tim Hightower-RB, Richmond (leading rusher in FCS playoffs)
Nick Hill-QB, Southern Illinois (leads FCS playoff teams in passing efficiency)
Ricky Santos-QB, New Hampshire (right behind Hill in passing efficiency)
Aaron Boyce-WR, Eastern Washington (top WR in FCS playoffs)
Peter Gaertner-PK, Delaware State (top K in FCS playoffs, 22/25)
Derrick Huff-DB, Eastern Kentucky (leads FCS with 9 INTs)
Kroy Biermann-DL, Montana (second in FCS in sacks)

Proud Griz Man
November 23rd, 2007, 10:21 AM
I hope #53 and the Griz defense play well tomorrow against a powerful Wofford offense.

http://www.blueskyphotomt.com/Resources/item1-167.gif

GrizNation93
November 23rd, 2007, 10:26 AM
I hope #53 and the Griz defense play well tomorrow against a powerful Wofford offense.

Man I LOVE that pic!!!

placidlakegriz
November 23rd, 2007, 10:39 AM

Love the smile on the bobcat wide receiver. He is thinking 6, little does he know....

Grizaholic17
November 23rd, 2007, 10:45 AM
Love the smile on the bobcat wide receiver. He is thinking 6, little does he know....

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
yeah, great pic!

DuckDuckGriz
November 23rd, 2007, 11:52 AM
I love the look on Biermann's face: "sit the f down." xnodx xnodx

ncbears
November 23rd, 2007, 11:59 AM
all I know is that I am glad UNC won't have to face him anymore.

KNUTS
November 23rd, 2007, 02:04 PM
He should of just played dead! I've heard you can MAYBE out run a grizzly bear downhill but you have no chance on the flats. Maybe pepper spray... I have no idea how you stop this Griz!

CrazyCat
November 23rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
You could contact the Bobcat O-Line, they could tell you. xpeacex

DuckDuckGriz
November 23rd, 2007, 03:10 PM
You could contact the Bobcat O-Line, they could hold you. xpeacex

Fixed.

T-Dogg
November 23rd, 2007, 04:01 PM
This guy really appears to be a great player! When is the winner announced and will Biermann play on Sunday's??