PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky predictions--11/3

JALMOND
November 1st, 2007, 01:27 AM
I feel kind of like the horse racing track announcer (now that does sound like one of those real men of genius commercials), but let's go with "And down the stretch they come!" November. Who's going and who's staying? The picture might be getting clear, but any more games like UNC and MSU (or PSU and WSU), and we could have a mess. After going 1-4 last week, my record for the year is 39-11. See if I can get a sweep here...

ISU @ WSU---The Bengals looked good for one quarter against Cal Poly last week, while that strong Wildcat defense only played one quarter against Portland State. Weber found some offense last week (I guess you could say that) and that Wildcat QB might just be something. After being part of the 141 point game last week, Wildcats return to business as usual...WSU 17, ISU 10.

UNC @ EWU---Did you hear? The Bears won a game last week, beating a strong Montana State team. Did you also hear? The Eagles put together a strong game to defeat Sacramento State on the road. Strong definitely the word for both. This week? Like Weber State above, a return business as usual, for the Bears...EWU 48, UNC 10.

PSU @ UM---The Vikings are interesting in this matchup, coming off that incredible game against Weber State. The Griz played their game of the season last week, gaining a victory in a tough place as Northern Arizona. Because of the success(??) of the game last week, the Vikings are unsure of who the quarterback will be this game. The Vikings hav not beaten the Griz since they joined the Big Sky so does it really matter?...UM 38, PSU 17.

UC-Davis @ Sac State---The conference's non conference game this week is the annual Causeway game between the Hornets and the Aggies. Last week, Sacramento State could not finish once again and let Eastern Washington slip through. UC-Davis has been having a season they would rather forget. Sac State is having a season of possibilities...Sac State 21, UC-Davis 20.

and the conference game of the week,

NAU @ MSU---The Jacks gave the Griz a tough game last week, having a shot to win in the last moments of the game. Surprising, the Cats gave a game to Northern Colorado, severely damaging their playoff chances. This game, we'll find out two things, 1) Can the Cats get back on track (all the while see if the offense can play the whole game), and 2) Can the Jacks get a quality win over a quality team on the road. Happy times ahead in Bozeman and heartbreak in Flagstaff...MSU 22, NAU 21.

When your struggling and in doubt, this late in the season take the home team.

mvemjsunpx
November 1st, 2007, 01:44 AM
I feel kind of like the horse racing track announcer (now that does sound like one of those real men of genius commercials), but let's go with "And down the stretch they come!" November. Who's going and who's staying? The picture might be getting clear, but any more games like UNC and MSU (or PSU and WSU), and we could have a mess. After going 1-4 last week, my record for the year is 39-11. See if I can get a sweep here...

ISU @ WSU---The Bengals looked good for one quarter against Cal Poly last week, while that strong Wildcat defense only played one quarter against Portland State. Weber found some offense last week (I guess you could say that) and that Wildcat QB might just be something. After being part of the 141 point game last week, Wildcats return to business as usual...WSU 17, ISU 10.

UNC @ EWU---Did you hear? The Bears won a game last week, beating a strong Montana State team. Did you also hear? The Eagles put together a strong game to defeat Sacramento State on the road. Strong definitely the word for both. This week? Like Weber State above, a return business as usual, for the Bears...EWU 48, UNC 10.

PSU @ UM---The Vikings are interesting in this matchup, coming off that incredible game against Weber State. The Griz played their game of the season last week, gaining a victory in a tough place as Northern Arizona. Because of the success(??) of the game last week, the Vikings are unsure of who the quarterback will be this game. The Vikings hav not beaten the Griz since they joined the Big Sky so does it really matter?...UM 38, PSU 17.

UC-Davis @ Sac State---The conference's non conference game this week is the annual Causeway game between the Hornets and the Aggies. Last week, Sacramento State could not finish once again and let Eastern Washington slip through. UC-Davis has been having a season they would rather forget. Sac State is having a season of possibilities...Sac State 21, UC-Davis 20.

NAU @ MSU---The Jacks gave the Griz a tough game last week, having a shot to win in the last moments of the game. Surprising, the Cats gave a game to Northern Colorado, severely damaging their playoff chances. This game, we'll find out two things, 1) Can the Cats get back on track (all the while see if the offense can play the whole game), and 2) Can the Jacks get a quality win over a quality team on the road. Happy times ahead in Bozeman and heartbreak in Flagstaff...MSU 22, NAU 21.

I assume you mean that the Vikings have never won in Missoula. They've obviously beaten the Griz twice in Portland.

Another interesting note for this week is that Weber is 20-2 against Idaho State since 1985.

JALMOND
November 1st, 2007, 01:48 AM
I assume you mean that the Vikings have never won in Missoula. They've obviously beaten the Griz twice in Portland.

Another interesting note for this week is that Weber is 20-2 against Idaho State since 1985.

You're right. I wonder where I pasted the phrase "in Missoula" at. Let me check the mirror.

uofmman1122
November 1st, 2007, 01:55 AM

When your struggling and in doubt, this late in the season take the home team.Every one of those picks sounds about right, to me, but you never know in this conference...xrotatehx

Edit: Just noticed I made 100 posts. Woot.

Livgriz
November 1st, 2007, 03:11 AM
Jalmond. I enjoy your posts and predictions! You might be wrong but by God you have the best of reasons as to be wrong and that is not being sarcastic. However, when you stated in the MSU/NAU prediction recapping the UM/NAU game "quote: the Jacks , having a shot to win at the last moments of the game " was wildly inaccurate. In the last "moments" of the game Montana QB Cole Bergquist took a knee in the Victory Formation at the NAU 7 yard line on first down. The only "shot" that NAU had was to escape with a 5 point loss rather than a 12 point loss due to Bobby Hauck's brand of compassionate conservervatism. Not that there is anything wrong with that.:)

already123
November 1st, 2007, 09:35 AM
Jalmond. I enjoy your posts and predictions! You might be wrong but by God you have the best of reasons as to be wrong and that is not being sarcastic. However, when you stated in the MSU/NAU prediction recapping the UM/NAU game "quote: the Jacks , having a shot to win at the last moments of the game " was wildly inaccurate. In the last "moments" of the game Montana QB Cole Bergquist took a knee in the Victory Formation at the NAU 7 yard line on first down. The only "shot" that NAU had was to escape with a 5 point loss rather than a 12 point loss due to Bobby Hauck's brand of compassionate conservervatism. Not that there is anything wrong with that.:)

True, It seemed like the Griz had the ball the entire 4th quarter. Even though the game could have gone either way at times, the Griz took a knee and a 5 pt win.

montanafan
November 1st, 2007, 10:51 AM
True, It seemed like the Griz had the ball the entire 4th quarter. Even though the game could have gone either way at times, the Griz took a knee and a 5 pt win.

We took the knee only because we did not feel the need to score again. You know and we know we could have scored. :D :D

wapiti
November 1st, 2007, 10:57 AM
Looks good. I'm just not sure is MSU can pull off a W over NAU.
All I hear from the local Bozeman Comical is the injuries that MSU has all of a sudden. and, to me, it sounds like excuses are already being made for the potential losses MSU is going to take this weekend and the rest of the season.

I do hope the NCU loss lit a fire under their bottom and got them practicing hard and refocusing on the game at hand.

CatFan22
November 1st, 2007, 12:04 PM
Looks good. I'm just not sure is MSU can pull off a W over NAU.
All I hear from the local Bozeman Comical is the injuries that MSU has all of a sudden. and, to me, it sounds like excuses are already being made for the potential losses MSU is going to take this weekend and the rest of the season.

I do hope the NCU loss lit a fire under their bottom and got them practicing hard and refocusing on the game at hand.

Oh shut up with the "excuses" BS. We do have a ton of injuries and I'm sick of you people calling them excuses when they are probably going to be big factors in the game.

GtFllsGriz
November 1st, 2007, 12:06 PM
Great lob as usual. I to, look forward to your well thought out predictions. I also find that my predictions for the Griz score are generally very close to yours. I no longer look for the Griz to put huge numbers on the board. 38 is about the best that you can hope for. If the game is under control Hauck get's very conservative. Not complaining, just saying.

The NAU/UM score was somewhat deceiving. You could make an arguement that the Jacks could have had a big play and pulled out the win but I never really felt that the game was in question. The Griz totally controlled the game and was running at will in the 4th quarter. Another two run plays and the score looks much more representative of how the game really looked. JMO

appfan2008
November 1st, 2007, 12:07 PM
MSU/NAU should be a great game... i will take NAU on the road in that one

AZGrizFan
November 1st, 2007, 12:09 PM

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

already123
November 1st, 2007, 12:36 PM
True, Ill say the Griz "controlled" the game. However, I still do think it could have gone either way. NAU had 2 turnovers in the redzone (could have easily been FGs). Also, NAU was in the redzone several times...credit the UM defense but we could be singing a different song. Much respect for the griz though, dont get me wrong

Screamin_Eagle174
November 1st, 2007, 02:07 PM
C'mon, no debate over Jalmond's pick of EWU over NC? I mean the way they played against MSU, it should be a close game! xthumbsupx xwhistlex

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 1st, 2007, 02:45 PM
Oh shut up with the "excuses" BS. We do have a ton of injuries and I'm sick of you people calling them excuses when they are probably going to be big factors in the game.

Wow really touched a nerve there....

DaGriz
November 1st, 2007, 02:59 PM
C'mon, no debate over Jalmond's pick of EWU over NC? I mean the way they played against MSU, it should be a close game! xthumbsupx xwhistlex

My only issue with it is he doesn't have enough points on there for EWU. EWU 70, Nichols throws for 550 yards if they let him play the first 3 quarters.

DaGriz
November 1st, 2007, 03:00 PM

This should be a great game. Cats always have a great set of linebackers. I think they will contain NAU's QB, especially since it's outdoors. The key will be can MSU score.

Griz0383
November 1st, 2007, 05:08 PM
The Cats have had some key injuries and a freinds that is a cat fan told me that the injuries were in positions that had little depth. I feel for the cats with powerfull start to be slowed down by the injuries is brutal! It's not over but challanging!

GeauxLions94
November 1st, 2007, 08:38 PM

Screamin_Eagle, looks like your helmets are ready for the next Febreze commercial xwhistlex

http://static.flickr.com/33/64278373_f8c08c4fe0_m.jpg

JALMOND
November 4th, 2007, 06:11 PM

Looks like 3-2 this week, brings me to 42-13 for the year (Cats and Hornets let me down). Better than last week (1-4) but I was hoping for Sac State or MSU to pull one out. Maybe I'll change the last sentence to read "Headscratching in Bozeman and wonderment in Flagstaff".

Russ B
November 4th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Sorry to have disappointed you. ;)

Peems
November 4th, 2007, 06:57 PM
EWU game was closer than thought. Has UNC turned a corner?

DaBears
November 4th, 2007, 07:36 PM

I am cautiously optimistic that we have turned that corner. I fully expected EWU to blow us out so I am somewhat happy with the "moral victory." We didn't get outclassed and we gave EWU everything they could handle. One EWU fan said on another thread that we got robbed out of that second touchdown so the game should have even been closer.

already123
November 5th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Congrats to UNC...hopefully they will be able to continue this "momentum" they have into next year

Screamin_Eagle174
November 5th, 2007, 03:11 PM

I think they have; they had their way with us with their running game. However I also think we had a breakdown defensively, and Nichols might have had another off-game like against PSU. We played horrible, but glad we got the win. Hope we get it together before NAU next weekend... xwhistlex

UNCBears2010
November 5th, 2007, 04:20 PM

I'm not quite prepared to say that we've turned a corner yet, but we may be turning one. If we beat Sac St., then the corner has been turned.