PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Hauck accused of inflating his son's tackle stats to make him all-time leader

dbackjon
December 5th, 2022, 11:10 AM
https://twitter.com/lewis_jace/status/1599190747936235521

POD Knows
December 5th, 2022, 11:23 AM
https://twitter.com/lewis_jace/status/1599190747936235521Ouch, that is gonna leave a mark.

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2022, 11:37 AM
Yeah, this sucks all the way around.

POD Knows
December 5th, 2022, 11:43 AM
Yeah, this sucks all the way around.Is this a legitimate issue, the thing with the 37 jersey is more interesting to me. Did that actually happen or is it just Twitter BS?

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2022, 12:00 PM
Is this a legitimate issue, the thing with the 37 jersey is more interesting to me. Did that actually happen or is it just Twitter BS?
I heard the 37 thing had nothing to do with Robby, and Big Sky stats seem to always be up right after a game, so I'm not sure how the stats changing would even work, but I absolutely believe Robby was shown favoritism throughout his career in regards to playing time and playing over other guys. But he was also the tone-setter for the defense.

It also seems weird to me for Jace to throw this out there, and now (allegedly, by reporters) be unwilling to elaborate on it. We only have one person's word on this, and he was maybe never a fan of coach Hauck, anyways (he was recruited by coach Stitt).

I think it's just bad blood being aired out and probably isn't as big a deal as everyone is making it, but it still sucks to have to see it as a Griz fan.

If you look through who's liking and retweeting it, though, it's nothing but Bobcat fans and players/fans of other schools, and the only Griz players liking it are guys that left the program early. Oh and Justin Ford's dad yelling that every player on the team but his son is trash. xembarrassedx

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2022, 12:40 PM
I heard the 37 thing had nothing to do with Robby, and Big Sky stats seem to always be up right after a game, so I'm not sure how the stats changing would even work, but I absolutely believe Robby was shown favoritism throughout his career in regards to playing time and playing over other guys. But he was also the tone-setter for the defense.

It also seems weird to me for Jace to throw this out there, and now (allegedly, by reporters) be unwilling to elaborate on it. We only have one person's word on this, and he was maybe never a fan of coach Hauck, anyways (he was recruited by coach Stitt).

I think it's just bad blood being aired out and probably isn't as big a deal as everyone is making it, but it still sucks to have to see it as a Griz fan.

If you look through who's liking and retweeting it, though, it's nothing but Bobcat fans and players/fans of other schools, and the only Griz players liking it are guys that left the program early. Oh and Justin Ford's dad yelling that every player on the team but his son is trash. xembarrassedx

Like father, like son because that Ford guy was a cocky MFer. xlolx

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2022, 12:49 PM
Like father, like son because that Ford guy was a cocky MFer. xlolx
Yeah, that's how he plays, but he's not a first team All-American for nothing.

Sundog
December 5th, 2022, 01:17 PM
Hauck = All ASS, no CLASS.

wapiti
December 5th, 2022, 02:03 PM
It's also been rumored the defensive scheme was designed to funnel plays to Robbie so that Robbie would get the tackles.

Is it good scheming to design the defense so that a defensive back is your top tackler??
I would think that would lead to the offense getting more yards per tackle.

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2022, 02:07 PM
It's also been rumored the defensive scheme was designed to funnel plays to Robbie so that Robbie would get the tackles.

Is it good scheming to design the defense so that a defensive back is your top tackler??
I would think that would lead to the offense getting more yards per tackle.
I think this is a silly argument when a LB was our leading tackler for two of those years, and broke the UM tackles record in the process.

wapiti
December 5th, 2022, 02:12 PM
I think this is a silly argument when a LB was our leading tackler for two of those years, and broke the UM tackles record in the process.

I am curious what the average gain was when Robbie got a tackle.

SeattleCat
December 5th, 2022, 02:33 PM
Funny, cause we've been saying this for a few years now.

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2022, 02:50 PM
I am curious what the average gain was when Robbie got a tackle.
I'd imagine less than most other safeties because he was primarily in the alley stopping runs. You'll notice if you watch it that in a lot of the film (even in the MSU and NDSU plays), he's in the backfield and on the L.O.S. a lot, not chasing a guy downfield, because that's where he's assigned to play most of the time.

So not sure if you were serious with your question, or just trying to get some kind of dig in, but if it's the latter, I don't think you know much about how he played this year.

POD Knows
December 5th, 2022, 05:11 PM
Why would a guy, who wore 37 for Montana and is supposedly a character guy, come out like this if there wasn't something there. I get that he isn't a Hauck guy but maybe he sees, like some of the rest of us, the on field culture change which doesn't appear to be exactly positive. I don't like all the things I see from the Bison, there is a lot of "look at me" BS that you didn't really see with some of the teams of the past.

Utgrizfan
December 5th, 2022, 05:58 PM
Just more stupidity and embarrassing shenanigans coming out from this year.

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2022, 08:11 PM
Why would a guy, who wore 37 for Montana and is supposedly a character guy, come out like this if there wasn't something there. I get that he isn't a Hauck guy but maybe he sees, like some of the rest of us, the on field culture change which doesn't appear to be exactly positive. I don't like all the things I see from the Bison, there is a lot of "look at me" BS that you didn't really see with some of the teams of the past.
Please elaborate, because you're describing things that I, someone who followed the team closely all year, did not see.

The culture on the field looked the same this year as it has the last 4. I honestly don't know what you're talking about here.

Unless you're referring to it being different from the 2000's? Yeah, back then we were winning. That's probably the only difference.

Griz players hating coach Hauck who played under him is absolutely nothing new.

Edit: Forgot to mention, as I said in my earlier post, I think there is something there in regards to favoritism, but the idea that the coach is going back to change official stats seems unlikely. People were saying in 2019 that UM was inflating Dante Olsen's tackles (the guy he's praising in that tweet), too, and if you look at the number of "assisted tackles" he was credited with, it looks kinda fishy. In reality, I think UM the style of defense the Griz play, in conjunction with their staff's insistence that everyone mauls the ball carrier leads to a lot of assisted tackles.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2022, 09:37 PM
Please elaborate, because you're describing things that I, someone who followed the team closely all year, did not see.

The culture on the field looked the same this year as it has the last 4. I honestly don't know what you're talking about here.

Unless you're referring to it being different from the 2000's? Yeah, back then we were winning. That's probably the only difference.

Edit: Forgot to mention, as I said in my earlier post, I think there is something there in regards to favoritism, but the idea that the coach is going back to change official stats seems unlikely. People were saying in 2019 that UM was inflating Dante Olsen's tackles (the guy he's praising in that tweet), too, and if you look at the number of "assisted tackles" he was credited with, it looks kinda fishy. In reality, I think UM the style of defense the Griz play, in conjunction with their staff's insistence that everyone mauls the ball carrier leads to a lot of assisted tackles.

He wasnt talking about the grizz -------------I don't like all the things I see from the Bison, there is a lot of "look at me" BS that you didn't really see with some of the teams of the past.

POD Knows
December 5th, 2022, 09:49 PM

The part that you bolded is a reference to what I see from the Bison from time to time. Not going to rehash my thoughts on Montanas current state of affairs with respect to football. Maybe not all of the fans that play you guys are liars.

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2022, 06:46 AM
The part that you bolded is a reference to what I see from the Bison from time to time. Not going to rehash my thoughts on Montanas current state of affairs with respect to football. Maybe not all of the fans that play you guys are liars.
Oh sorry, I totally missed that. My bad.

POD Knows
December 6th, 2022, 08:49 AM
Oh sorry, I totally missed that. My bad.
No worries. I am kind of old school and the trash talking and hot dogging that goes on in games kind of bothers me but I am probably in the minority with that position. I see from all teams really it is what it is. I always liked Barry Sanders’s reaction to a TD, sort of a been there, done that approach.

profisme
December 6th, 2022, 11:12 AM
No worries. I am kind of old school and the trash talking and hot dogging that goes on in games kind of bothers me but I am probably in the minority with that position. I see from all teams really it is what it is. I always liked Barry Sanders’s reaction to a TD, sort of a been there, done that approach.

Anyone who scores 38 touchdowns in a season would need rotator cuff surgery if he spiked the ball every time. xthumbsupx

Bobcat99
December 6th, 2022, 09:16 PM
Bah. Ever since Bobby came back the Griz tackle stats have been inflated. When Choate was still at MSU he essentially said the same thing. Their solo tackles are usually fine, but half the damn defense gets an assisted tackle on every play.

Anyways, Jace Lewis is a rock solid Montanan. If he don’t like Bobby, then he’s right.

Silenoz
December 6th, 2022, 09:28 PM
Last 10 years = comedy of errors

uofmman1122
December 7th, 2022, 10:12 AM
Bah. Ever since Bobby came back the Griz tackle stats have been inflated. When Choate was still at MSU he essentially said the same thing. Their solo tackles are usually fine, but half the damn defense gets an assisted tackle on every play.

Anyways, Jace Lewis is a rock solid Montanan. If he don’t like Bobby, then he’s right.
Yeah, we always lead the conference with 3 or 4 guys every year at the top of the "assisted tackles" stats section. Dante Olsen had 29 and 35 more assisted tackles than the 2nd place guy in his last two seasons. Robby had 4 more in 2021 and 10 more this year. This whole tackles controversy thing, to me, is just a guy who was pissed at Bobby (for justifiable reasons) making stuff up.

- - - Updated - - -

Last 10 years = comedy of errors
I keep hoping I can change my signature one of these years...:(

Silenoz
December 7th, 2022, 10:22 AM
I have weekly conference calls with guys from Nebraska, and let's just say we have similar sentiments xlolx

Bobcat99
December 7th, 2022, 11:41 AM
Yeah, we always lead the conference with 3 or 4 guys every year at the top of the "assisted tackles" stats section. Dante Olsen had 29 and 35 more assisted tackles than the 2nd place guy in his last two seasons. Robby had 4 more in 2021 and 10 more this year. This whole tackles controversy thing, to me, is just a guy who was pissed at Bobby (for justifiable reasons) making stuff up.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I don’t feel bad for Dante at all. His record was just as fraudulent imo. Good player, but one team having 3 guys with 100+ tackles every year is insulting to anybody with any football intelligence.

I do firmly believe that Little Bobby was coached differently. Everybody else came out when they made mistakes. Little Bobby? Never.

With that said, I don’t like it. I don’t want UM to have any extra reason to fire Bobby. Keep him as long as you can, please. He’s great!

Cocky
December 7th, 2022, 12:35 PM
Daddy ball is alive and well at all levels.
High School is the leader, then middle school, then pee wee, then college.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2022, 01:42 PM
Doesn't seem to bother you when you're doing it on this board. xlolx

Daytripper
December 7th, 2022, 02:12 PM

I grew up watching Earl Campbell do the same thing after every touchdown...hand the ball to the official and walk off the field.

POD Knows
December 7th, 2022, 02:34 PM
Doesn't seem to bother you when you're doing it on this board. xlolxI am not going to get a 15 yard penalty for taunting on here, oh wait, I did get a timeout once, never mind. :D

dbackjon
December 7th, 2022, 04:18 PM
I am not going to get a 15 yard penalty for taunting on here, oh wait, I did get a timeout once, never mind. :D

xflaggedxFlag on the play!

100%GRIZ
December 8th, 2022, 10:18 AM
Well that was a waste of time. Next!

SeattleCat
December 8th, 2022, 12:22 PM
https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizWTEN/status/1468013394296860674

It's days like this that keep giving.

Cocky
December 16th, 2022, 06:57 AM
https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizWTEN/status/1468013394296860674

It's days like this that keep giving.

Is a little backwards

catbob
December 16th, 2022, 11:38 AM
The end of an era in Bobcat circles, endless jokes about him getting credited for a tackle by just talking about him, etc. It was a fun ride.

mvemjsunpx
December 16th, 2022, 10:01 PM
The end of an era in Bobcat circles, endless jokes about him getting credited for a tackle by just talking about him, etc. It was a fun ride.

https://i.postimg.cc/rp20T9bb/1ptO.gif

grizband
December 17th, 2022, 03:03 PM
It was pretty funny