PDA

View Full Version : One player

Nebuta
October 31st, 2007, 06:10 PM
If you could take one player from another 2007 FCS team, who would it be? Doesnt have to be a pointmaker, can be a stud on the o-line would give your QB a little more protection in the pocket, or a defensive corner back that can lock down a side of a field, anyone. Who would you choose?
I probably choose a defensive line man who could get pressure on the QB like Eric Bakhtiari from San Diego

RE/MAXGriz
October 31st, 2007, 06:12 PM
Alex Watson, NAU's WR. His numbers simply don't show how much of an amazing athlete he is.

GreatAppSt
October 31st, 2007, 06:15 PM
Jayson Foster!!!xnodx

Seven Would Be Nice
October 31st, 2007, 06:17 PM
I think our stars can match up against anyone else. I wouldn't trade Foster for anyone. I think our RBs (when healthy) are better than any other in the conference. The only thing I would ask for is a "go to/star" wide receiver. We have a few good ones, but no one that really stands out game to game.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 31st, 2007, 06:19 PM
Jayson Foster!!!xnodx

In all seriousness I heard Edwards was looking at GSU but then when the goob came in and we switched offenses he looked at ASU. I have nothing to back that up with. So take it for what its worth.

SeattleGriz
October 31st, 2007, 06:20 PM
Alex Watson, NAU's WR. His numbers simply don't show how much of an amazing athlete he is.

I second that. Griz need some speed to open up the field for our slower WR's

bobbythekidd
October 31st, 2007, 06:21 PM
Tough question. I first thought of Omar Cuff, but he will be gone next year. I would want someone who can take a lick or three. I would like a Freshman stud, but they are more elusive as a proven entitiy. I am open to suggestions...

JmuSkinsfan
October 31st, 2007, 06:23 PM
Tough question. But simply because of injuries in the backfield for JMU, I'd have to say Omar Cuff of UD or Tim Hightower of UR. If we had one of those two backs we would be tearing people apart.

I like our young depth at RB but there is no denying the talent in Hightower and Cuff.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 31st, 2007, 06:25 PM
Tough question. I first thought of Omar Cuff, but he will be gone next year. I would want someone who can take a lick or three. I would like a Freshman stud, but they are more elusive as a proven entitiy. I am open to suggestions...

:cough: Billy Lowe :cough:

Houndawg
October 31st, 2007, 06:25 PM
UNI's WR Johnny Gray. He played his ass off against SIU. I would have said Sanders, but Nick Hill is doing fine and will probably be overlooked by da beahz just like Romo was.

bobbythekidd
October 31st, 2007, 06:28 PM
:cough: Billy Lowe :cough:
We already have him.:D

JohnStOnge
October 31st, 2007, 06:30 PM
I don't know other teams well enough to know a name, but I'd want the best defensive tackle in FCS.

FargoBison
October 31st, 2007, 06:31 PM
Ramses Bardon

Walker-Roehl-Bardon would be unstoppable.

After that it would be...

Kroy Biermann(Montana) or Bryan Smith(McNeese St)

appstate38
October 31st, 2007, 06:36 PM
I wanted to saying something smart, like we already have the best players so we wouldn't need any of the other FCS studs.:D

But I guess I would want a defensive end to bring the pressure off the edge. Anybody come to mind???

JohnStOnge
October 31st, 2007, 06:40 PM
But I guess I would want a defensive end to bring the pressure off the edge. Anybody come to mind???

Bryan Smith, McNeese State. I know everybody has their hype. But if you ever saw this guy run, you'd know what I mean. It seriously is a guy with wide receiver speed playing defensive end.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 31st, 2007, 06:41 PM
We already have him.:D

And for that I am grateful.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 31st, 2007, 06:51 PM
I wanted to saying something smart, like we already have the best players so we wouldn't need any of the other FCS studs.:D

Kroy Biermann (Griz) is definitely your man.

appstate38
October 31st, 2007, 06:56 PM
We are missing the combo of Murrell and Hunter... Definitely!

Mountain Panther
October 31st, 2007, 06:56 PM
Herb Donaldson from WIU, although we already have two pretty good RBs.

http://www.panthermania.net/coppermine/albums/football/102007mp_uni_fb_8.jpg

UMass922
October 31st, 2007, 07:28 PM
Given that Liam Coen is a bit banged up, I'd probably spring for a QB. And that would have to be Ricky Santos. Not least because then we wouldn't have to face him.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 31st, 2007, 07:35 PM
Given that Liam Coen is a bit banged up, I'd probably spring for a QB. And that would have to be Ricky Santos. Not least because then we wouldn't have to face him.

Ricky's a little banged up as well.
If you took the healthy parts from each youd have one he!! of a QB.

Not a bad one with the left overs either.

slostang
October 31st, 2007, 08:32 PM
UC Davis DT John Faletoese. He is a monster on the D-line.

WVAPPmountaineer
October 31st, 2007, 08:56 PM
As an APP fan I think Armanti Edwards is the most dangerous QB in the country and I love Kevin Richardson - they are both tough kids who get every inch on every play - However, Being partial, I will not pick any Mountaineers - Someone mentioned Watson from NAZ - I wasn't overly impressed, he had, I believe 1 catch for 2 yards against ASU - If you want a stud receiver with size and speed look at Terrell Hudgins at Elon - this guy is a star - But if I had to pick one guy, not a Mountaineer, it would be Jayson Foster of GSU and there wouldn't even be anyone in second - He is an unbelievable athlete

UNHFan99
October 31st, 2007, 09:08 PM
Santos

spelunker64
October 31st, 2007, 09:14 PM

Bryan Smith, McNeese State. I know everybody has their hype. But if you ever saw this guy run, you'd know what I mean. It seriously is a guy with wide receiver speed playing defensive end.

Sounds good to me. We've been lacking a good pass rush all season. Our LBs make up for it though...

BobbyMo
October 31st, 2007, 09:21 PM
Josh Johnson

Fordham
October 31st, 2007, 09:24 PM
Easy one - Dominic Randolph.

It would make this game a helluva lot easier if he were backing up John Skelton instead of playing for HC this week!!

terrierbob
October 31st, 2007, 10:16 PM
xeyebrowx Riddle, Elon. Of course, we'd have to completely change our offence...

AZGrizFan
October 31st, 2007, 10:19 PM

Nah...I'm happy with our receiving corp. I'd take Flacco. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

pokum88
October 31st, 2007, 10:23 PM
Kroy Biermann(Montana) added to Bryan Smith would make for a deadly combo. xeekx

BigApp
October 31st, 2007, 10:34 PM
Jayson Foster!!!xnodx

:cough: I'd rather have an Interior All-American defensive lineman :cough:

blukeys
October 31st, 2007, 10:50 PM
Santos

The question was who would you pick from ANOTHER TEAM. I guess reading comprehension classes at UNH were all filled up when you applied. xnodx xnodx xnodx

Appaholic
October 31st, 2007, 11:05 PM
:cough: I'd rather have an Interior All-American defensive lineman :cough:

I second that.....although Foster is a special athlete, we generate plenty of offense with our current players...

PantherRob82
October 31st, 2007, 11:23 PM
Best WR? haven't seen any canidates on TV this year.

Petrie Dish
October 31st, 2007, 11:27 PM
Ramses Barden to go along with Johnny Gray.

McNeese_beat
October 31st, 2007, 11:33 PM
Kroy Bierman. Put him opposite Bryan Smith and let them race to the QB. It would be be like two pit bulls chasing the same bone...

UMass922
October 31st, 2007, 11:50 PM
The question was who would you pick from ANOTHER TEAM. I guess reading comprehension classes at UNH were all filled up when you applied. xnodx xnodx xnodx

It's very difficult to get non-homer responses on this board, even when you explicitly ask for them. There's that thread where I asked what teams people are rooting for besides ones in their own conference--and half the people replied with some form of "the other teams in my conference."

Walkon79
November 1st, 2007, 12:12 AM
Anybody from the Griz O-line right now. Or maybe Bagley. he can actually catch a ball!!

Walkon79
November 1st, 2007, 12:13 AM

Bierman - UM

Livgriz
November 1st, 2007, 12:41 AM
I would love to have Cyus Igono (DB NAU) at corner for Montana. He is an amazing combination of strength (shedding blocks), speed (no turning the corner for you), and devastatingly sure open field tackles on RBs impressed the heck out of me. The MiniGophs expressed interest in this guy but passed. If they had not maybe Roehle would not have rushed for a million yards on them.

ElonFirefighter
November 1st, 2007, 12:58 AM
can I take Chad N'kang back for a 5th year of eligibility???

JALMOND
November 1st, 2007, 01:32 AM
I would have loved to see what Flexy Lexy Hilliard could have done as the featured back in the run and shoot offense at Portland State.

Jerbearasu
November 1st, 2007, 08:56 AM
I second that.....although Foster is a special athlete, we generate plenty of offense with our current players...
Yeah but I'd still take Foster and just tell him that he's not allowed to leave the field all game long. He'd be my CB, Return Man, and QB/RB/WR. I would only let him rest in extreme circumstances; or maybe only when we are kicking off... It would give him the year back that he missed when BVG took him off the field for virtually his entire Junior year...

89Hen
November 1st, 2007, 09:20 AM
Probably a safety like Tony LeZotte (JMU) or Corey Lynch (AppSt)... LeZotte would be better since we have to face him in two days. xsmiley_wix

LCFan21
November 1st, 2007, 09:20 AM
Lafayette - No Brainer! Randolph with Skelton not far behind. Any chance we could steal an OC while we are at it?

Appaholic
November 1st, 2007, 09:28 AM
Yeah but I'd still take Foster and just tell him that he's not allowed to leave the field all game long. He'd be my CB, Return Man, and QB/RB/WR. I would only let him rest in extreme circumstances; or maybe only when we are kicking off... It would give him the year back that he missed when BVG took him off the field for virtually his entire Junior year...

That's still unbelievable to me.......I'd love to see Petrino draft Foster and fire BVG....there's no excuse for benching that big of a talent unless it involves off-field issues....never heard any negatives about Foster, just have to agree with GSU fans in calling BVG an idiot....xoopsx

YoUDeeMan
November 1st, 2007, 09:37 AM
UNH's Offensive Coordinator. xnodx

xoopsx Never mind, he's not a player.

ChickenMan
November 1st, 2007, 09:48 AM
Tony LeZotte... JMU

putter
November 1st, 2007, 10:03 AM
Ramses Barden - Cal Poly

sharkeycox
November 1st, 2007, 10:40 AM
If you could take one player from another 2007 FCS team, who would it be? Doesnt have to be a pointmaker, can be a stud on the o-line would give your QB a little more protection in the pocket, or a defensive corner back that can lock down a side of a field, anyone. Who would you choose?
I probably choose a defensive line man who could get pressure on the QB like Eric Bakhtiari from San Diego

Jay Lucas running back at Southeastern Louisiana. This guy is a beast!!

mcveyrl
November 1st, 2007, 10:44 AM
If Holloman was healthy, I'd probably want a WR, but since he's not, I'd snatch up Cuff in a second.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 1st, 2007, 10:56 AM
That's still unbelievable to me.......I'd love to see Petrino draft Foster and fire BVG....there's no excuse for benching that big of a talent unless it involves off-field issues....never heard any negatives about Foster, just have to agree with GSU fans in calling BVG an idiot....xoopsx

Foster is a class act. He is very humble, very respectful of everyone. Foster never said anything bad about last year. I'm sure he's not happy with it, but he never publicly said anything negative about it.

BVG was the biggest idiot.

wapiti
November 1st, 2007, 11:00 AM
A kicker who can make FG's and PAT's.

Panther FANatic
November 1st, 2007, 11:21 AM
Corey Lynch, something about a guy who just know where to be to win games!

bobbythekidd
November 1st, 2007, 11:21 AM
A kicker who can make FG's and PAT's.
Man does that ever remind me of last season!

Laserlips
November 1st, 2007, 11:43 AM
FWIW:

Jayson Foster the person epitomizes every quality that Brian Van Goober lacks..

First among them: CLASS.

"Run Jayson run"!!!!xbowx xbowx xbowx

J.Pomeroy

Seven Would Be Nice
November 1st, 2007, 12:05 PM
FWIW:

Jayson Foster the person epitomizes every quality that Brian Van Goober lacks..

First among them: CLASS.

"Run Jayson run"!!!!xbowx xbowx xbowx

J.Pomeroy

Not to mention,

speed
agility
vision
humility
mustachelessness

already123
November 1st, 2007, 12:32 PM
Without a doubt....Cyrus Mulitalo LB from SACST! Him in NAUs defense would be ridiculous. Best LB I've seen