PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Quarterfinal: #6 Samford @ #3 North Dakota State

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 05:34 PM
Game kicks off on Friday 12/9 at 6PM CT and will be nationally televised on ESPN2. Here's how they match up statistically:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52541898111_a3fdeda5a8_z.jpg

Winner moves on to face the winner of #7 Incarnate Word at #2 Sacramento St.

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2022, 05:44 PM
I just don't see it in the cards for Samford...but I may be wrong.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 05:45 PM
This Bison team is extremely beatable....not great on D and can't tackle for **** after the DL.

MTfan4life
December 3rd, 2022, 06:08 PM
I've said this probably too many times to count this season on the podcast, but Samford is very upperclassmen dominant. They have 36 seniors/graduates on the team. For what it's worth, NDSU is also pretty old with 21 seniors, but that Samford number is unprecedented.

dewey
December 3rd, 2022, 06:14 PM
This Bison team is extremely beatable....not great on D and can't tackle for **** after the DL.

True, but a new team to the Fargodome usually doesn't fire well. Plus the NDSU run game.....is...nasty.

Dewey

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2022, 06:21 PM
True, but a new team to the Fargodome usually doesn't fire well. Plus the NDSU run game.....is...nasty.

Dewey

The dome isn't much of a threat anymore.

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2022, 06:54 PM

Just the bathrooms.

Winterborn
December 3rd, 2022, 07:06 PM
This Bison team is extremely beatable....not great on D and can't tackle for **** after the DL.Exactly.

We "should" beat Samford but beyond that I wouldn't bet on it.

Winterborn
December 3rd, 2022, 07:07 PM
Just the bathrooms.It has fallen far enough, even that isn't a issue.

Winterborn
December 3rd, 2022, 07:08 PM
The dome isn't much of a threat anymore.Very church like. Tailgating was dead.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2022, 08:20 PM
If Fargo ain’t excited about the Bison whats to be excited about

Winterborn
December 3rd, 2022, 08:40 PM
If Fargo ain’t excited about the Bison whats to be excited aboutSpring

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 08:56 PM
If Fargo ain’t excited about the Bison whats to be excited about
It's tough to understand unless you're experiencing it but there's a definite "been there done that" and "is this all there is?" mentality with the NDSU fan base. I don't have that feeling since I want to give credit and support to all the current NDSU players that are working just as hard as the championship trailblazers of the early 2010s did and it's not fair to them to be so dismissive of their accomplishments. Fewer and fewer Bison fans each year feel the same it seems... I quit worrying about the bored/spoiled Bison fans years ago though. I'm sure exactly zero people feel sorry for us. ;)

POD Knows
December 3rd, 2022, 10:00 PM
This. There is no freaking home field advantage. Can’t even get decent calls from the zebras. Maybe we should turn the lights down so the Samford receivers can’t see the ball or something

POD Knows
December 3rd, 2022, 10:06 PM
It's tough to understand unless you're experiencing it but there's a definite "been there done that" and "is this all there is?" mentality with the NDSU fan base. I don't have that feeling since I want to give credit and support to all the current NDSU players that are working just as hard as the championship trailblazers of the early 2010s did and it's not fair to them to be so dismissive of their accomplishments. Fewer and fewer Bison fans each year feel the same it seems... I quit worrying about the bored/spoiled Bison fans years ago though. I'm sure exactly zero people feel sorry for us. ;)
This is where I am at. I think the people that bale on this program because of “winning” boredom can suck my dick. The whole thing is a mystery to me. How is winning against our peer institutions boring.

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 10:08 PM
It's tough to understand unless you're experiencing it but there's a definite "been there done that" and "is this all there is?" mentality with the NDSU fan base. I don't have that feeling since I want to give credit and support to all the current NDSU players that are working just as hard as the championship trailblazers of the early 2010s did and it's not fair to them to be so dismissive of their accomplishments. Fewer and fewer Bison fans each year feel the same it seems... I quit worrying about the bored/spoiled Bison fans years ago though. I'm sure exactly zero people feel sorry for us. ;)New wave of fans coming to fartngo.. cashed in my Penguin club crap.. Goin to bring back some excitement to da dome.. Goin to be part of a winning team again... playoffs r us [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 3rd, 2022, 10:12 PM
New wave of fans coming to fartngo.. cashed in my Penguin club crap.. Goin to bring back some excitement to da dome..

NDSU played both YSU and Montana this year. YSU was the better team but you gotta win certain games during the year.

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2022, 10:15 PM

Sounds like you guys just need to make the move to FBS. It's inevitable. Do it now. Conferences will be begging you to join. Hell, join the CUSA with us and it will be a battle between you guys and Liberty every year for the conference chip.

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 10:16 PM
NDSU played both YSU and Montana this year. YSU was the better team but you gotta win certain games during the year.I agree.. that's why I'm jumping ship..

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 10:17 PM
Sounds like you guys just need to make the move to FBS. It's inevitable. Do it now. Conferences will be begging you to join. Hell, join the CUSA with us and it will be a battle between you guys and Liberty every year for the conference chip.FCS is scared of us. Georgia who!?

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 10:32 PM
Sounds like you guys just need to make the move to FBS. It's inevitable. Do it now. Conferences will be begging you to join. Hell, join the CUSA with us and it will be a battle between you guys and Liberty every year for the conference chip.
If it were only that simple. If CUSA or any other FBS conference is willing to give NDSU a football only invite I think it would be accepted. But to move all sports to a conference like CUSA with no other schools within 1000 miles of Fargo would be a death knell for the non-football sports at NDSU.

I wish there was a regional fit in FBS for NDSU but there really isn't... I think the only way they move up is if one or more regional partners go with. I think the rest of the FCS is stuck with us until then.

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2022, 10:36 PM
If it were only that simple. If CUSA or any other FBS conference is willing to give NDSU a football only invite I think it would be accepted. But to move all sports to a conference like CUSA with no other schools within 1000 miles of Fargo would be a death knell for the non-football sports at NDSU.

I wish there was a regional fit in FBS for NDSU but there really isn't... I think the only way they move up is if one or more regional partners go with. I think the rest of the FCS is stuck with us until then.

I think your brand would entice conferences to consider a football-only invite. Just negotiate. The college football would is psychotic right now.

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 10:40 PM

I wish there was a regional fit in FBS for NDSU but there really isn't... I think the only way they move up is if one or more regional partners go with. I think the rest of the FCS is stuck with us until then.Bold move.. but the B1G is as regional as it gets for you all, am I wrong?

I think you all would compete in football.. Sadly your facilities are way below standard for that conference.

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 10:45 PM
Bold move.. but the B1G is as regional as it gets for you all, am I wrong?

I think you all would compete in football.. Sadly your facilities are way below standard for that conference.

The only conferences remotely near are the B1G and the Big 12 and neither of those would even consider NDSU if we're being honest. The closest realistic fits would be the MAC or the MWC but they're the only two G5 conferences virtually untouched by realignment (although that could be changing soon for the MWC). I've heard plenty of Bison fans claiming that the MWC is a "perfect" fit for NDSU but it's far from perfect with Wyoming (at a mere 800 miles) being the closest. The only benefit is almost everyone in that conference is a flight away from each other so it wouldn't be as big of a hit for them to expand their geographic footprint to North Dakota.

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 10:48 PM
This game will be the 6PM CT kickoff on Friday night on ESPN2:

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1599258414713999360

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2022, 11:14 PM
The only conferences remotely near are the B1G and the Big 12 and neither of those would even consider NDSU if we're being honest. The closest realistic fits would be the MAC or the MWC but they're the only two G5 conferences virtually untouched by realignment (although that could be changing soon for the MWC). I've heard plenty of Bison fans claiming that the MWC is a "perfect" fit for NDSU but it's far from perfect with Wyoming (at a mere 800 miles) being the closest. The only benefit is almost everyone in that conference is a flight away from each other so it wouldn't be as big of a hit for them to expand their geographic footprint to North Dakota.Yeah.. No excuses but I feel that's YSUs down fall from their golden years status and has been painful to watch. You figure Fargo is over 1000 miles travel for us. The MVFC is not regional for YSU at all our closest travel is Indy St 425 miles. Adding Murray State is still 625 miles away.

I used to be jealous of NDSU and what you've done in FCS, now I've realized that you're football program is a true machine. Change coaches, players it doesn't matter the winning continues. Until the rest of 1FCS catches up we'll just have to sit back and watch. xbowx

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 11:26 PM
Yeah.. No excuses but I feel that's YSUs down fall from their golden years status has been painful to watch. You figure Fargo is over 1000 miles travel for us. The MVFC is not regional for YSU at all our closest travel is Indy St 425 miles. Adding Murray State is still 625 miles away.

I used to be jealous of NDSU and what you've done in FCS, now I've realized that you're football program is a true machine. Change coaches, players it doesn't matter the winning continues. Until the rest of 1FCS catches up we'll just have to sit back and watch. xbowx

Whether it's the rest of the FCS catching up or NDSU coming back to the pack I feel like the gap is smaller than it has been in quite a while (outside of that weird spring season last year). I like NDSU's chances on their side of the bracket this year but I don't like how they match up with SDSU or Montana St in a potential natty matchup. And to be honest they're definitely capable of losing to Samford or whoever they might face in the semis as well given how inconsistent they've been this year - I think they'll need more than their fair share of luck to stay on top of the FCS mountain and, even as a Bison homer, I'd take the field in a heartbeat right now if I was putting money down.

Karl Havoc
December 4th, 2022, 12:42 AM
Any guesses on what the spread will be? I’m thinking NDSU by 17.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2022, 05:50 AM

For who?

Maybe 2 teams THIS YEAR. 99% of the FCS doesn't have a chance against NDSU and it includes this team.

Yes, this Bison team has warts and still hasn't played a complete game but until a team can match the physical play on both lines, NDSU will beat them. SDSU can match that. SDSU beat this "weak" NDSU team by 2 after stellar coaching adjustments after halftime.

Samford is going to get steamrolled. Can they match the physical play for 4 quarters....I highly doubt it. Their defense sucks. Ranked now 107/123. Just gave up 348 rushing yards to SELA. And gives up 442 yards/game. If the Bison do not run for over 400 yards against this team, I will be shocked. Samford throws the ball. This Bison's strength on defense is the back end. Good luck just throwing it all over the place.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2022, 06:57 AM
For who?

Maybe 2 teams THIS YEAR. 99% of the FCS doesn't have a chance against NDSU and it includes this team.

Yes, this Bison team has warts and still hasn't played a complete game but until a team can match the physical play on both lines, NDSU will beat them. SDSU can match that. SDSU beat this "weak" NDSU team by 2 after stellar coaching adjustments after halftime.

Samford is going to get steamrolled. Can they match the physical play for 4 quarters....I highly doubt it. Their defense sucks. Ranked now 107/123. Just gave up 348 rushing yards to SELA. And gives up 442 yards/game. If the Bison do not run for over 400 yards against this team, I will be shocked. Samford throws the ball. This Bison's strength on defense is the back end. Good luck just throwing it all over the place.

How is POD going to hype Samford up with you posting the truth like this

Sitting Bull
December 4th, 2022, 07:16 AM

Yes, it worked so well for Idaho.

Gil Dobie
December 4th, 2022, 07:42 AM
Might be a high scoring game. Samford QB is a dual threat, which is tough for this Bison team to defend. N

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2022, 08:31 AM
How is POD going to hype Samford up with you posting the truth like this

POD knows his sh**. He'll roll out some good joo/joo for this one too....:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2022, 08:33 AM
Might be a high scoring game. Samford QB is a dual threat, which is tough for this Bison team to defend. N

The Bison LB corp is much better with Wisnewski back.

Bring on the dual threat guy. He cannot play defense and their defense is going to get manhandled.

Gil Dobie
December 4th, 2022, 08:56 AM

Bring on the dual threat guy. He cannot play defense and their defense is going to get manhandled.

Montana was not a great running team, and the found some big holes. Could be a similar score to the Montana game.

POD Knows
December 4th, 2022, 08:58 AM

Whoever has the ball at the end of the game wins it. Might not see a punt this entire game. Bison cannot stop anybody at the ends of a half. Samford gets the ball late and goes 80 yards in just over a minute. Samford 56 NDSU 49. #BOOKIT

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2022, 09:00 AM
Whoever has the ball at the end of the game wins it. Might not see a punt this entire game. Bison cannot stop anybody at the ends of a half. Samford gets the ball late and goes 80 yards in just over a minute. Samford 56 NDSU 49. #BOOKIT

There we go. Everything is kosher in the universe now! xnodx

xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2022, 09:00 AM
Team stats comparison added to the first post of the thread. Both teams average about the same amount of offensive yards per game but do it in completely different ways... will be quite the contrast of styles offensively.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2022, 09:02 AM
Team stats comparison added to the first post of the thread. Both teams average about the same amount of offensive yards per game but do it in completely different ways... will be quite the contrast of styles offensively.

Defense wins titles and most games and Samford's is crap.

Bison rush for over 400.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2022, 09:37 AM
There we go. Everything is kosher in the universe now! xnodx

xthumbsupx

another playoff snoozer

Bison roll 49-21

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2022, 09:41 AM
another playoff snoozer

Bison roll 49-21

With how this coaching staff loves to play a shell coverage in the passing game and keep everything in front of them, Samford probably will get a couple of TDs or so.

Bison could probably run on every play and beat this team. They could have yesterday against Montana.

POD Knows
December 4th, 2022, 12:27 PM
With how this coaching staff loves to play a shell coverage in the passing game and keep everything in front of them, Samford probably will get a couple of TDs or so.

Bison could probably run on every play and beat this team. They could have yesterday against Montana.
Yea. They could have. What did we get passing, little over 50 yards. Hell, the passing game cost us points in the second half.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2022, 03:40 PM
Yea. They could have. What did we get passing, little over 50 yards. Hell, the passing game cost us points in the second half.

Montana is a mediocre team on the field. Their fans think they are the cream of the crop but all they showed me yesterday is their chippy trash talking and dirty play.

Wish we could play them every year bc they would never win a game.

POD Knows
December 4th, 2022, 03:52 PM
Montana is a mediocre team on the field. Their fans think they are the cream of the crop but all they showed me yesterday is their chippy trash talking and dirty play.

Wish we could play them every year bc they would never win a game.
Odd team, lots of good athletes but it doesn’t seem to translate into meaningful wins.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2022, 07:05 AM
Bison notebook: NDSU RB Kobe Johnson unleashes career-best performance against Montana - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/bison-notebook-7)

Against this defense coming in on Friday, it wouldn't surprise me if this happens again!!

xnodx

ElCid
December 5th, 2022, 08:40 AM
Bison notebook: NDSU RB Kobe Johnson unleashes career-best performance against Montana - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/bison-notebook-7)

Against this defense coming in on Friday, it wouldn't surprise me if this happens again!!

xnodx

It's possible, but I think they have been hot and cold. They have some vulnerabilities, but I wouldn't totally judge them by this past weeks game. Overall, in the past it was fairly easy to wear down their D. They have given up lots of leads late over the years. This year they seem to have fixed this, a bit. At least compared to the past. I'd be more concerned in stopping their O. Not only are they the most prolific passing attack that NDSU will face to date, by far, they are the most efficient as well. The Bison may very well shut them down. But if they don't, then it could get to be a shooting match. I'm not sure what the status of Samford's QB is, but his backup picked up right where he left off. But he is obviously young. The setting might get him intimidated. Maybe a Samford guy could update us on Hiers. I don't think he will be 100% yet.

FUBeAR
December 5th, 2022, 08:55 AM
It's possible, but I think they have been hot and cold. They have some vulnerabilities, but I wouldn't totally judge them by this past weeks game. Overall, in the past it was fairly easy to wear down their D. They have given up lots of leads late over the years. This year they seem to have fixed this, a bit. At least compared to the past. I'd be more concerned in stopping their O. Not only are they the most prolific passing attack that NDSU will face to date, by far, they are the most efficient as well. The Bison may very well shut them down. But if they don't, then it could get to be a shooting match. I'm not sure what the status of Samford's QB is, but his backup picked up right where he left off. But he is obviously young. The setting might get him intimidated. Maybe a Samford guy could update us on Hiers. I don't think he will be 100% yet.
Hiers started on Saturday, threw 2 complete passes, mixed in with a few handoffs, then threw a short incompletion, kind of a dump-off pass that was off target, walked off the field, straight to the Trainer, and never returned.

FUBeAR, not a medical professional (or a “Samford guy”), would not expect to see QB Hiers to be on the playing field for Samford in Fargo this Friday.

ElCid
December 5th, 2022, 09:09 AM
Hiers started on Saturday, threw 2 complete passes, mixed in with a few handoffs, then threw a short incompletion, kind of a dump-off pass that was off target, walked off the field, straight to the Trainer, and never returned.

FUBAR, not a medical professional (or a “Samford guy”), would not expect to see QB Hiers to be on the playing field for Samford in Fargo this Friday.

Yeah I saw that and that's what I thought about the possibility, but hadn't heard anything official. Probably by design.

1992Bison
December 5th, 2022, 10:43 AM
Yeah anybody can come in and win the first time

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2022, 11:29 AM

FUBeAR, not a medical professional (or a “Samford guy”), would not expect to see QB Hiers to be on the playing field for Samford in Fargo this Friday.

saw that, after the first two passes I was thinking well he’s ok but yep.. he just walked off the field after that weird looking third pass... had a splint shoe horn device on his throwing wrist

POD Knows
December 5th, 2022, 11:32 AM
saw that, after the first two passes I was thinking well he’s ok but yep.. he just walked off the field after that weird looking third pass... had a splint shoe horn device on his throwing wristTheir backup QB looks better to me anyway. I have only seen Samford play a couple times but he looked good in the SELA game.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2022, 11:38 AM
Their backup QB looks better to me anyway. I have only seen Samford play a couple times but he looked good in the SELA game.

He played a great game, can scoot too. He will mysteriously crash and burn on Saturday though ... not really that mysterious but you know it

POD Knows
December 5th, 2022, 11:41 AM
He played a great game, can scoot too. He will mysteriously crash and burn on Saturday though ... not really that mysterious but you know itNah, they will go 5 wide all game long, probably throw it 60 times, short routes because our LB's struggle with that, probably get 500 yards of passing, game is going to last 4 freaking hours and they win on a last minute drive against our seemingly helpless end of the half defense. #BOOKIT

ElCid
December 5th, 2022, 11:42 AM
Their backup QB looks better to me anyway. I have only seen Samford play a couple times but he looked good in the SELA game.

Yeah, but he may have up for it, adrenaline flowing. Almost every time I've seen a backup QB get his shot recently, after a good first outing, the second seems wanting. The whole lacking experience thing catches up in a hurry. Not every time, but a lot. They will be soring lacking their starter's depth of experience.

Bisonator
December 5th, 2022, 11:44 AM
Nah, they will go 5 wide all game long, probably throw it 60 times, short routes because our LB's struggle with that, probably get 500 yards of passing, game is going to last 4 freaking hours and they win on a last minute drive against our seemingly helpless end of the half defense. #BOOKIT
The QB running worries me more then any passing.

POD Knows
December 5th, 2022, 11:48 AM
The QB running worries me more than any passing.
Yea. That too, the defensive ends opposite Waege seem to really have a hard time with containment. They are a good team on offense, no doubt. The Bison need to have long sustained drives to keep the O off the field. They seem to play a lot of no huddle stuff and that is tough to defend.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2022, 11:48 AM

he’ll be running alright... for his life

FUBeAR
December 5th, 2022, 11:54 AM
Kinda hard for a Redshirt Freshman walk-on to be better than the unanimous SoCon Offensive Player of the Year and the 4th place Payton Award finisher.

He’s only played a very few plays in just a few games and his only meaningful plays have been played at home. He played 2 plays vs. Mercer, an ugly incompletion and a 25 yard game winning run where he was untouched for the 1st 20 yards. And, obviously, he played very well against SELA in the friendly confines. That ain’t the same as playing in the DEATHDome and SELA (#72 Total Defense) ain’t NDSU (#4 Total Defense).

Hope he and the HomewoodHounds SHOCK THE WORLD, but don’t see it happening. Would have been a HUGE, but within the realm of possibilities, task with Hiers; not so sure that mountain is scalable without him.

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2022, 12:52 PM
If Hiers isn't healthy I think Samford would really be boxing themselves in by playing him. Montana QB Lucas Johnson wasn't healthy last week and didn't make it until halftime - the NDSU playoff defense will most likely make life miserable for a hobbled QB. Crittendon is not only healthier but more mobile anyway and I think that gives the NDSU defense more issues than a more traditional passer.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2022, 03:44 PM

For the season they give up 442 yards/game which is 107/123 in the FCS. To me, that is a crappy defense. Now they have to defense NDSU's power running game with an infinite number of formations with their personal. Other SoCon fans can bloviate about how Samford sees all kinds of different offenses in their conference but almost no one runs A gap power with all the different formations that NDSU runs.

Heard the same thing last week about Montana's defense....that they were excellent against the run because their season average was so stellar. Well, the didn't have go against the Bison running game until it really counted in the playoffs and they got bitch slapped.

I'll be surprised if NDSU doesn't run for 400 yards in this game.

Same formula since the Bison went 1AA, run the ball and keep the other team's offense on the sideline.

ElCid
December 5th, 2022, 04:01 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

FUBeAR
December 5th, 2022, 04:17 PM
For the season they give up 442 yards/game which is 107/123 in the FCS. To me, that is a crappy defense. Now they have to defense NDSU's power running game with an infinite number of formations with their personal. Other SoCon fans can bloviate about how Samford sees all kinds of different offenses in their conference but almost no one runs A gap power with all the different formations that NDSU runs.

Heard the same thing last week about Montana's defense....that they were excellent against the run because their season average was so stellar. Well, the didn't have go against the Bison running game until it really counted in the playoffs and they got bitch slapped.

I'll be surprised if NDSU doesn't run for 400 yards in this game.

Same formula since the Bison went 1AA, run the ball and keep the other team's offense on the sideline.
SoCon Defenses do see a wide variety of Offenses

None of those Offenses run A-Gap Power and few(er and fewer) of them run the ball that well these days. FUBeAR gets excited when he sees any of them run a traditional (B-C gap) Power scheme.

Samford’s D is much improved from prior years. They have been BAD on D for many years despite having 1-3 future NFL Players on those Defenses almost every year. They will find stopping NDSU’s Power running game VERY challenging.

SU DOG
December 5th, 2022, 04:36 PM
Kinda hard for a Redshirt Freshman walk-on to be better than the unanimous SoCon Offensive Player of the Year and the 4th place Payton Award finisher.

He’s only played a very few plays in just a few games and his only meaningful plays have been played at home. He played 2 plays vs. Mercer, an ugly incompletion and a 25 yard game winning run where he was untouched for the 1st 20 yards. And, obviously, he played very well against SELA in the friendly confines. That ain’t the same as playing in the DEATHDome and SELA (#72 Total Defense) ain’t NDSU (#4 Total Defense).

Hope he and the HomewoodHounds SHOCK THE WORLD, but don’t see it happening. Would have been a HUGE, but within the realm of possibilities, task with Hiers; not so sure that mountain is scalable without him.

Unfortunately, I would have to agree with this. Michael Hiers was ranked the #1 juco pro-style QB in the nation last year. This season he has broken the FCS record for completion percentage with a staggering 76.8%. The old record set in 2007 was 75.2%. He threw 431 passes with only 3 interceptions. That kind of passing is hard to do vs air. He is the heart and soul of this Samford Team. Now to say that Quincy Crittendon has been a wonderful surprise is an epic understatement. He was not heavily recruited out of HS and was actually more well known for basketball as he was an All-State Point Guard. Last year at Samford he was a walk-on scout team QB.

I would love to see Hiers play at 100% against NDSU, but don't think that is possible. This is NOT to say that would mean a win for us, but it might have given this kid some more recognition that he deserves. Can we at least be competitive without him? I honestly don't know. What I do know is that Michael Hiers is one of the very best passing QBs in the country - maybe in any division.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2022, 05:02 PM
Samford's LBs I noticed:

These guys are 227, 209, 212

NDSU's OL:

Lean on those small LBs and they will be gassed in the 2nd half.

SU DOG
December 5th, 2022, 05:09 PM
I guess I am supposed to be on here bragging about how my team will stomp the next opponent. Sorry, but that is just not my nature. I'm probably older than 99% of the posters on here, so maybe that has something to do with it. We have had a great season and I am very proud of this team. I don't think our veteran players will be intimidated, after all we did play at the U of Georgia. Realistically, however, I cannot see how our defense can stop the NDSU power runs. Coming through those inside gaps it does look like a herd of Bison as the lead blockers mow down helpless defenders.

Not sandbagging, and hopefully not sounding too pathetic here, but I think you have to respect this elite NDSU program and what it has accomplished over the years. I'm proud to see my team play against these guys, and I never actually thought it would come about. I do firmly believe Samford has earned its ranking and this team has just found a way all year. Now, hopefully Samford will be competitive, and if so, then maybe anything could happen.

dbackjon
December 5th, 2022, 06:32 PM
NDSU by 22

SU DOG
December 5th, 2022, 06:38 PM
Samford's LBs I noticed:

These guys are 227, 209, 212

NDSU's OL:

Lean on those small LBs and they will be gassed in the 2nd half.

Whoa! Let's get accurate here! In the first place, and I assume you mean starters, #45 is a backup LB. Check again and you will find that #32 is and has been our starting MLB. The other 2 are correct. So, we start #5 East 6-2, 227, #22 Devault Smith 6-3, 212, and #32 Martin 6-1, 224.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but going by the last NDSU game, your starting LBs are # 20 Wlodarczyk 6-3, 207, #26 Kaczor 6-0, 215, and #47 Weerts 6-1, 218.

So, our LBs are actually larger than those of NDSU, but you call ours "LITTLE"? NDSU has numerous advantages yes, but LB size must NOT be one of them.

dewey
December 5th, 2022, 06:41 PM
Here is a great need Stat fr NDSU player play guy and local media guy Dom Izzo.

See new Tweets
Twitter is better on the app
Never miss a Tweet. Open this in the Twitter app to get the full experience.
Conversation
Dom Izzo
@DomIzzoWDAY
#NerdStats: Samford will be the 11th different team #NDSU has played in the quarterfinals, third from SoCon. Teams. I just added the some of the years.

Eastern Washington (2010)
Lehigh (2011)
Wofford (‘12 and ‘17)
Coastal Carolina (‘13 and ‘14)
#UNI (2015)
#SDSU (2016)
Colgate (2018)
Illinois State (2019)
Sam Houston (spring 2021)
ETSU (2021)
Samford (2022)

https://mobile.twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1599841778542137344?cxt=HHwWgMCqreHn47MsAAAA

Dewey

dewey
December 5th, 2022, 06:42 PM
Whoa! Let's get accurate here! In the first place, and I assume you mean starters, #45 is a backup LB. Check again and you will find that #32 is and has been our starting MLB. The other 2 are correct. So, we start #5 East 6-2, 227, #22 Devault Smith 6-3, 212, and #32 Martin 6-1, 224.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but going by the last NDSU game, your starting LBs are # 20 Wlodarczyk 6-3, 207, #26 Kaczor 6-0, 215, and #47 Weerts 6-1, 218.

So, our LBs are actually larger than those of NDSU, but you call ours "LITTLE"? NDSU has numerous advantages yes, but LB size must NOT be one of them.

I think the intent was to compare the size of the Samford linebackers to that of the mammoth NDSU offensive line especially when it comes to the run game.

Dewey

dewey
December 5th, 2022, 06:46 PM
Hey Samford fans, just curious as I haven't seen any of the dog games this year but what are your teams strengths and weaknesses?

For NDSU
Strength
1.Offensive line, tight ends, fullbacks and the running game.
2. Very experienced quarterback.
3. Pass defense especially in obvious pass situations as the pass rush is pretty good.

NDSU Weaknesses
1. NDSU passing game.
2. Stopping the run. This NDSU team is much more flawed than the previous 11 years teams but still very good.
3. Mobile quarterbacks that can elude the rush and s ramble for yards or to by more time to throw.

Dewey

SU DOG
December 5th, 2022, 07:02 PM
Samford Strengths:

1. Passing game - but weakened somewhat by starting QB probably out.
2. Depth - Samford plays scads of players.
3. Turnover Margin - Led the SoCon with a +11.

Weaknesses:

1. Defense - both run and pass. It has improved this year, but still could be lots better.
2. Running Game - Especially lack of power running game.
3. Closing Out Games - So many times we have a good lead and get too conservative.

KPSUL
December 5th, 2022, 07:12 PM
NDSU's OL: 303, 329, 286, 304, 290

These are pretty average weights now-a-days for FCS Offensive Linemen. If they are significantly better than most O-Lines, and I don't doubt they are, it is because of strength to weight ratio, quickness, technique, and maybe most of all the quality of coaching.

POD Knows
December 5th, 2022, 07:17 PM

Our LBs are tiny and that has been a problem against the run. Our offense would put up 500 yards a game on the ground against our D.

SU DOG
December 5th, 2022, 07:31 PM
Our LBs are tiny and that has been a problem against the run. Our offense would put up 500 yards a game on the ground against our D.

Your offense might put up 500 yds on the ground against a lot of defenses. LOL

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2022, 08:10 PM
It broke today that NDSU All-American fullback Hunter Luepke is done for the season and will miss the Senior Bowl as well after undergoing surgery on his injured shoulder. That's NDSU's 5th offensive starter to either suffer a season ending injury or transfer since the opening game.

MSUBobcat
December 5th, 2022, 08:50 PM
It broke today that NDSU All-American fullback Hunter Luepke is done for the season and will miss the Senior Bowl as well after undergoing surgery on his injured shoulder. That's NDSU's 5th offensive starter to either suffer a season ending injury or transfer since the opening game.

Damn. Feel bad for the guy. Won't help his draft stock.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2022, 08:52 PM

FCS legend and hope he gets back to playing some football

FUBeAR
December 5th, 2022, 09:45 PM
Here is a great need Stat fr NDSU player play guy and local media guy Dom Izzo.

See new Tweets
Twitter is better on the app
Never miss a Tweet. Open this in the Twitter app to get the full experience.
Conversation
Dom Izzo
@DomIzzoWDAY
#NerdStats: Samford will be the 11th different team #NDSU has played in the quarterfinals, third from SoCon. Teams. I just added the some of the years.

Eastern Washington (2010)
Lehigh (2011)
Wofford (‘12 and ‘17)
Coastal Carolina (‘13 and ‘14)
#UNI (2015)
#SDSU (2016)
Colgate (2018)
Illinois State (2019)
Sam Houston (spring 2021)
ETSU (2021)
Samford (2022)

https://mobile.twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1599841778542137344?cxt=HHwWgMCqreHn47MsAAAA

Dewey
https://twitter.com/domizzowday/status/1599841778542137344

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2022, 11:10 PM
Shrimp and Crawfish Gumbo will be served!!!!!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2022, 06:19 AM

Yes, ours are small and it is one reason why the run defense has been very suspect this year. But I always compare the opponents front 7 vs the Bison OL, because that is where most Bison games are won.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2022, 06:22 AM

These are pretty average weights now-a-days for FCS Offensive Linemen. If they are significantly better than most O-Lines, and I don't doubt they are, it is because of strength to weight ratio, quickness, technique, and maybe most of all the quality of coaching.

But what separates them is quickness, leverage, flexibility, play to the whistle and toughness.

You can have big fat guys that are completely worthless and many OLs that come in here are just that.

Plus 2 starters are out for the Bison on the OL. Depth is what they have.

BisonBacker
December 6th, 2022, 06:44 AM

NDSU has been blessed with I believe to be the best Strength and Conditioning coach at the FCS level and would be I believe one of the top at the FBS level as well. We've been lucky to keep him on staff through all the coaching changes.

Bisonator
December 6th, 2022, 08:10 AM
Any Samford fans making the trip to Fargo? Be sure to hit the tailgate lots!

Winterborn
December 6th, 2022, 08:18 AM
Shrimp and Crawfish Gumbo will be served!!!!!!!

The one home game I will miss all year and you put forth one of the best tailgating meals. xsmhx

Seriously, if any of you Samford fans make it up for the game, swing by O-lines tailgating spot. The food is top notch!

Winterborn
December 6th, 2022, 08:23 AM

Same here.

I have been following the team since Grad school and it never gets old to me. I feel like I enjoy it more now than back then since I understand football a bit more and the plays start to make sense. But then I do understand the people that have family activities going on and choose to prioritize that instead. I think the rise in ticket costs over the last decade has also cut back into those that can attend (especially family's) and would love to see some of the higher seats in the Dome drop in price to help bring those that want to bring a family to a game.

FUBeAR
December 6th, 2022, 08:28 AM
Any Samford fans making the trip to Fargo? Be sure to hit the tailgate lots!
Very few Samford fans make the trip to their home games in Homewood, AL and way, way fewer travel to such far off destinations as Macon, GA or Greenville, SC. Will be surprised in the Bulldogs hit triple digits for their number of fans in Fargo.

Winterborn
December 6th, 2022, 08:29 AM
The only conferences remotely near are the B1G and the Big 12 and neither of those would even consider NDSU if we're being honest. The closest realistic fits would be the MAC or the MWC but they're the only two G5 conferences virtually untouched by realignment (although that could be changing soon for the MWC). I've heard plenty of Bison fans claiming that the MWC is a "perfect" fit for NDSU but it's far from perfect with Wyoming (at a mere 800 miles) being the closest. The only benefit is almost everyone in that conference is a flight away from each other so it wouldn't be as big of a hit for them to expand their geographic footprint to North Dakota.

I want nothing to do with the MAC or MWC. MWC looks decent on paper but when one starts to consider game times and travel (away games), it is going to be even harder for the family's and the non-diehard fans to participate. A program needs to account and work with all the different levels of fandom to help elevate the program. It was easy at NDSU in the beginning as one could just about do no wrong but now it has come back to Earth and leadership needs to start (if they have not already) more than just the die-hards. As one is not going to keep up donations and levels of support by only relying on them.

Going South or East is the only real options I think, but that has its own level of difficulties due to the conferences that reside there.

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2022, 09:06 AM
Yes, ours are small and it is one reason why the run defense has been very suspect this year. But I always compare the opponents front 7 vs the Bison OL, because that is where most Bison games are won.
They've had small LBs for the most part ever since Klieman took over; I think it's intentional so they can stay in base defense against 3 WR sets and not have such big mismatches with a LB on a slot receiver. The difference in the past is they've had DL, DTs specifically, that kept those undersized LBs free to run and make tackles in the run game. That's been a problem this year but it is getting better I think since there's a bunch of young guys at DT that now have a full season+ of experience. Might get some help in that department soon as well as Entz is hinting that Eli Mostaert is getting close to a return.

NDSUKurt
December 6th, 2022, 09:11 AM
I want nothing to do with the MAC or MWC. MWC looks decent on paper but when one starts to consider game times and travel (away games), it is going to be even harder for the family's and the non-diehard fans to participate. A program needs to account and work with all the different levels of fandom to help elevate the program. It was easy at NDSU in the beginning as one could just about do no wrong but now it has come back to Earth and leadership needs to start (if they have not already) more than just the die-hards. As one is not going to keep up donations and levels of support by only relying on them.

Going South or East is the only real options I think, but that has its own level of difficulties due to the conferences that reside there.

I agree with you to a point. The Mountain West is just as far for travel as the MAC. However, there are more "destination cities" with large airports that are in close proximity of Mountain West teams compared to the MAC. Denver, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City are more desirable for me to fly into as opposed to Columbus, Ohio, Indianapolis, Indiana, etc.

Having said this, as an NDSU grad that started being a Bison in 2003 - the transition year to D-I, I personally want a way to be developed for an entire group of FCS teams to move up together to form a new FBS conference. This way, NDSU can have the rivalries that I remember (sorry, but to me, the UND game is not important at all - its SDSU or bust).

If NDSU, SDSU, UNI, Montana, Montana State, Weber State, UND, Illinois State, Eastern Wash (I know about their funding issues), Missouri State, and maybe a couple more could move up together, I would be all for it, and then I would start making more significant financial contributions to NDSU.

JacksFan40
December 6th, 2022, 10:11 AM

Those are the only two feasible conferences for NDSU to move-up, because neither the Big Ten or Big 12 are going to invite NDSU anytime soon. The MWC covers the same geographic area as what the old Great West did, and what the current Big Sky does. People seem okay with the idea of having been in the Big Sky, but are against the MWC. NDSU fans need to realize that a geographically perfect FBS conference is not going to suddenly appear from thin air, you are going to have to compromise if you want in the FBS.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2022, 01:46 PM
They've had small LBs for the most part ever since Klieman took over; I think it's intentional so they can stay in base defense against 3 WR sets and not have such big mismatches with a LB on a slot receiver. The difference in the past is they've had DL, DTs specifically, that kept those undersized LBs free to run and make tackles in the run game. That's been a problem this year but it is getting better I think since there's a bunch of young guys at DT that now have a full season+ of experience. Might get some help in that department soon as well as Entz is hinting that Eli Mostaert is getting close to a return.

I tend to agree with this but those other "small" LBs were also much better athletes compared to this group.

Winterborn
December 6th, 2022, 02:39 PM
I agree with you to a point. The Mountain West is just as far for travel as the MAC. However, there are more "destination cities" with large airports that are in close proximity of Mountain West teams compared to the MAC. Denver, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City are more desirable for me to fly into as opposed to Columbus, Ohio, Indianapolis, Indiana, etc.

Having said this, as an NDSU grad that started being a Bison in 2003 - the transition year to D-I, I personally want a way to be developed for an entire group of FCS teams to move up together to form a new FBS conference. This way, NDSU can have the rivalries that I remember (sorry, but to me, the UND game is not important at all - its SDSU or bust).

If NDSU, SDSU, UNI, Montana, Montana State, Weber State, UND, Illinois State, Eastern Wash (I know about their funding issues), Missouri State, and maybe a couple more could move up together, I would be all for it, and then I would start making more significant financial contributions to NDSU.

I do not disagree on the travel portion, but while they may be destination locations, people are still going to have to pick and choose what games they go to. The cost for fans just goes up which means they are going to get more choosy on events to attend. A fan that chooses to attend an away game in Denver, may not be attending as many home games just due to people only have so much spending money. People going to a destination will rightly so probably work a vacation into it, thereby cutting even further into their spending allowance. Now for some, that will not matter, but for others it will be a deciding condition. Luckily we as fans do not need to juggle the different potential revenue impacts a jump up to FBS will have on the team, but for the people making those decisions, it will be (is) part of the scope that a move from FCS to FBS needs to consider. Knowing that we need to move from FCS to FBS is the only easy choice in the entire process, IMHO.

If we could jump up as a group and/or pull of the closer FBS teams into a regional conference I think that would be the best case scenario. Will that happen? With the current landscape of teams and conferences, I highly doubt it. In a couple of years, that landscape may look completely different and other avenues of moving up may become more likely.

Winterborn
December 6th, 2022, 02:46 PM
Those are the only two feasible conferences for NDSU to move-up, because neither the Big Ten or Big 12 are going to invite NDSU anytime soon. The MWC covers the same geographic area as what the old Great West did, and what the current Big Sky does. People seem okay with the idea of having been in the Big Sky, but are against the MWC. NDSU fans need to realize that a geographically perfect FBS conference is not going to suddenly appear from thin air, you are going to have to compromise if you want in the FBS.

Big Sky was okay to some of the more vocal fans, but considering the travel costs UND went through to play in that conference, I am happy we didn't go that route, nor would I advocate it from a cost standpoint.

I agree there is no perfect fit now (and probably not in the future) but one has to consider multiple areas before such a move is made (see my post above). I am all for moving up, IF it makes financial sense for the school. I am not a fan of moving up for bragging rights (which there are some vocal folks for that), and would rather play in FCS and just enjoy what we have. Making a decision based on ego (FBS) is never a good choice, IMHO.

This whole decision is more what is good for the school as a whole, than what us fans want.

Paladin1aa
December 6th, 2022, 04:23 PM
This will be a blowout. Bison BIG !

SU DOG
December 6th, 2022, 06:10 PM
This will be a blowout. Bison BIG !

Could happen yeah, BUT if it does, we will have lost to the most well respected, tradition richest, and winningest program in the history of FCS football. Also, it will not diminish one iota of respect for the year our team has had, the ranking we rightly deserved, or quality of the conference that we play in.

JacksFan40
December 6th, 2022, 09:49 PM
Big Sky was okay to some of the more vocal fans, but considering the travel costs UND went through to play in that conference, I am happy we didn't go that route, nor would I advocate it from a cost standpoint.

I agree there is no perfect fit now (and probably not in the future) but one has to consider multiple areas before such a move is made (see my post above). I am all for moving up, IF it makes financial sense for the school. I am not a fan of moving up for bragging rights (which there are some vocal folks for that), and would rather play in FCS and just enjoy what we have. Making a decision based on ego (FBS) is never a good choice, IMHO.

This whole decision is more what is good for the school as a whole, than what us fans want.
I think the issue is that if NDSU waits too long, it may never end up happening. Last I saw the MWC pays $4 million per member, which I’m assuming is light years ahead of the MVFC/Summit revenue distribution. Would this be enough to offset travel costs and turn a greater profit compared to staying FCS? I’m not sure.

You also need to factor in that NDSU would be in the Mountain division for football, meaning trips to Hawaii and the California schools would not be frequent. Looking at the distances on Google Maps, places like Wyoming, Colorado State, and Air Force are closer than some of the MVFC teams. As for the other sports like basketball, I’m not sure what the total cost would be.

Its a risky jump, but so was going from the geographically compact NCC to the Great West for football, and Independent for almost all other sports, but it seemed to work out pretty well.

SteelSD
December 6th, 2022, 10:38 PM
I think the intent was to compare the size of the Samford linebackers to that of the mammoth NDSU offensive line especially when it comes to the run game.

Dewey
To be fair SDSU’s largest LB is Bock at 215#. The rest of our corp is in the 200-205 range. We are built with large DT’s to eat up blocks and let the athletic LB’s run. Now I have no idea is Sanford is built this way, but smaller LB’s seem to be far more common in todays game. Heck our starting WR’s are bigger than a large portion of our LB’s.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2022, 05:30 AM
Samford starting QB unclear heading into playoff showdown with Bison - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/samford-starting-qb-unclear-heading-into-playoff-showdown-with-bison)

AmsterBison
December 7th, 2022, 01:35 PM
Samford starting QB unclear heading into playoff showdown with Bison - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/samford-starting-qb-unclear-heading-into-playoff-showdown-with-bison)

From what I saw of Crittendon, he's the better option for the Bison game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2022, 04:10 PM
McFeely: Samford coach tutored by Mike Leach, so expect football in the air at Fargodome - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/mcfeely-samford-coach-tutored-by-mike-leach-so-expect-football-in-the-air-at-fargodome)

Over/under # of passes by Samford: 45

Higher or lower?

ElCid
December 7th, 2022, 04:16 PM
McFeely: Samford coach tutored by Mike Leach, so expect football in the air at Fargodome - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/mcfeely-samford-coach-tutored-by-mike-leach-so-expect-football-in-the-air-at-fargodome)

Higher or lower?

Higher.

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2022, 04:22 PM
Higher.
Higher if Hiers

Lower if Crittendon

POD Knows
December 7th, 2022, 04:38 PM

Higher or lower?
And it will be 10:30 before you get out the dome because NDSU will have 3 play scoring drives and Samford will have the ball all the time with clock stoppages up the ass.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2022, 04:40 PM
And it will be 10:30 before you get out the dome because NDSU will have 3 play scoring drives and Samford will have the ball all the time with clock stoppages up the ass.

NDSU had 4 huge yardage runs against Montana. Will they have the same or more against this worse defense?

SU DOG
December 7th, 2022, 05:44 PM
NDSU had 4 huge yardage runs against Montana. Will they have the same or more against this worse defense?

And the most prolific runner was Kobe Johnson. On the NDSU player roster it says that Johnson was coached in HS in Georgia by former NFL WR Efrem Hill. What it doesn't tell you is that Hill was an All-American that played for Samford University and was inducted into the school's Sports Hall of Fame in 2020.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2022, 05:53 PM
And the most prolific runner was Kobe Johnson. On the NDSU player roster it says that Johnson was coached in HS in Georgia by former NFL WR Efrem Hill. What it doesn't tell you is that Hill was an All-American that played for Samford University and was inducted into the school's Sports Hall of Fame in 2020.

And this correlates how with this upcoming game?

POD Knows
December 7th, 2022, 05:56 PM
Probably less. I think they stay in a more standard defensive alignment than the chaos of the Montana defense. Be harder to get to the next level than it was against Montana

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2022, 06:01 PM
Probably less. I think they stay in a more standard defensive alignment than the chaos of the Montana defense. Be harder to get to the next level than it was against Montana

4 or more 60+ yard runs is a tall order but I think the Bison easily go for over 300+ and probably over 400+ IMO.

POD Knows
December 7th, 2022, 06:10 PM
4 or more 60+ yard runs is a tall order but I think the Bison easily go for over 300+ and probably over 400+ IMO.
I could see that and I hope they do it 5 yards at a time

SU DOG
December 7th, 2022, 06:26 PM
And this correlates how with this upcoming game?

Oh not nearly as well as your INACCURATE listing of our "little" LBs I suppose. I just thought it was a little tidbit that some might find interesting. So sorry that it isn't deemed thread-worthy in your opinion.

POD Knows
December 7th, 2022, 08:04 PM
Cliche but it is a pretty small world sometimes.

gofurman
December 8th, 2022, 12:06 AM

that stinks. I wish all teams full health. I wish Samford had their starting QB (Heirs and they may though I doubt he is near 100% - I am sure they wish they had the option of whom to play). Likewise, I certainly wish Luepke was healthy as I know he is a stud. I saw he was top 3 on an H-back list that had Furman's Ryan Miller as number 10 or so. This was list from the NFL "draft guru" with the large forehead.. oh yeah, Mel Kiper I think. LOL

Anyway, I think some people underestimate how much missing a guy can hurt (even if just for a half or quarter) especially at FCS level. Game changer.

Here it is, found it. Luepke at #1.. THAT IS FREAKIN AMAZING. WOW xnodxxnodx:

Fullbacks/H-backs

1. Hunter Luepke (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4383396/hunter-luepke), North Dakota State
2. Josh Whyle (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4360086/josh-whyle), Cincinnati
3. Jaheim Bell (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4429262/jaheim-bell), South Carolina
4. Brayden Willis (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4360290/brayden-willis), Oklahoma
5. Brant Kuithe (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4361014/brant-kuithe), Utah
6. Arik Gilbert (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4428994/arik-gilbert), Georgia
7. Ryan Jones (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4241387/ryan-jones), East Carolina
8. Monte Pottebaum (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4360506/monte-pottebaum), Iowa
9. Tyrick James (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4361796/tyrick-james), Tulane
10. Ryan Miller (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4369466/ryan-miller), Furman

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/34633986/2023-nfl-draft-rankings-mel-kiper-big-board-top-prospects-every-position#pos

( you have to have ESPN+ for article so I posted the list above for you ...

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2022, 05:13 AM
Oh not nearly as well as your INACCURATE listing of our "little" LBs I suppose. I just thought it was a little tidbit that some might find interesting. So sorry that it isn't deemed thread-worthy in your opinion.

I didn't go and watch every single minute of every game Samford had this year but my point is still correct. And yes, the Bison do have small LBs also and that is one reason why IMO, the defense against the run has been suspect at times this year. Another Bison fan pointed out the play of the young DL is also a factor, and he's correct.

This game is going to come down to your front 7 on defense vs our OL, plain and simple. If Samford cannot stop the run, they will get steamrolled. I'm not worried about our defense against your pass happy offense because the strength of the defense is the secondary and our pass rush has improved. NDSU gives up around 18 points/game and maybe Samford might have 3 TDs. Will that be enough to win....we'll see.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2022, 05:29 AM
that stinks. I wish all teams full health. I wish Samford had their starting QB (Heirs and they may though I doubt he is near 100% - I am sure they wish they had the option of whom to play). Likewise, I certainly wish Luepke was healthy as I know he is a stud. I saw he was top 3 on an H-back list that had Furman's Ryan Miller as number 10 or so. This was list from the NFL "draft guru" with the large forehead.. oh yeah, Mel Kiper I think. LOL

Anyway, I think some people underestimate how much missing a guy can hurt (even if just for a half or quarter) especially at FCS level. Game changer.

Here it is, found it. Luepke at #1.. THAT IS FREAKIN AMAZING. WOW xnodxxnodx:

Fullbacks/H-backs

1. Hunter Luepke (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4383396/hunter-luepke), North Dakota State
2. Josh Whyle (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4360086/josh-whyle), Cincinnati
3. Jaheim Bell (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4429262/jaheim-bell), South Carolina
4. Brayden Willis (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4360290/brayden-willis), Oklahoma
5. Brant Kuithe (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4361014/brant-kuithe), Utah
6. Arik Gilbert (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4428994/arik-gilbert), Georgia
7. Ryan Jones (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4241387/ryan-jones), East Carolina
8. Monte Pottebaum (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4360506/monte-pottebaum), Iowa
9. Tyrick James (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4361796/tyrick-james), Tulane
10. Ryan Miller (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4369466/ryan-miller), Furman

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/34633986/2023-nfl-draft-rankings-mel-kiper-big-board-top-prospects-every-position#pos

( you have to have ESPN+ for article so I posted the list above for you ...

You're right that it's never a good thing to lose an All-American but he had played sparingly ever since about mid-October due to a more minor injury and they still put up 800 rush yards in their last two games without him altogether. His absence actually hurts them more in the pass game as he was fantastic out of the backfield and routinely torched LBs that were late getting on him on seam and wheel routes. He and TE Noah Gindorff (also an NFL prospect) were Bison QB Cam Miller's security blankets and both are done for the year now.

I don't think NDSU gets by JMU last year without Luepke. This year they'll have to figure out a way if they're going to keep the train rolling.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2022, 06:07 AM
You're right that it's never a good thing to lose an All-American but he had played sparingly ever since about mid-October due to a more minor injury and they still put up 800 rush yards in their last two games without him altogether. His absence actually hurts them more in the pass game as he was fantastic out of the backfield and routinely torched LBs that were late getting on him on seam and wheel routes. He and TE Noah Gindorff (also an NFL prospect) were Bison QB Cam Miller's security blankets and both are done for the year now.

I don't think NDSU gets by JMU last year without Luepke. This year they'll have to figure out a way if they're going to keep the train rolling.

Luepke
Gindorff
Miller
Sundell
Mostaert

Pro prospects and AA caliber for all them lost for the Bison. Big hit for sure but depth has really helped.

SU DOG
December 8th, 2022, 11:46 AM
I didn't go and watch every single minute of every game Samford had this year but my point is still correct. And yes, the Bison do have small LBs also and that is one reason why IMO, the defense against the run has been suspect at times this year. Another Bison fan pointed out the play of the young DL is also a factor, and he's correct.

This game is going to come down to your front 7 on defense vs our OL, plain and simple. If Samford cannot stop the run, they will get steamrolled. I'm not worried about our defense against your pass happy offense because the strength of the defense is the secondary and our pass rush has improved. NDSU gives up around 18 points/game and maybe Samford might have 3 TDs. Will that be enough to win....we'll see.

I would completely agree with you about us trying to stop the powerful Bison run game. Just to slow it down and prevent the explosive play would maybe be the best we can hope for. We have not shown a consistent run stop ability this season, but we have stiffened in the Red Zone numerous times. I would say that if Hiers is 100% that NDSU will not stop the Samford passing attack. Not saying that this would be enough for the upset, just that it is an incredibly efficient offense. The speed with which he releases the ball, his deadly accuracy, and the routes that the receivers run have not been stymied in our FCS games this year. Our backup QB might be a slightly better runner, but Hiers is the leader of this team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2022, 01:12 PM
McFeely: Five things to watch in the Bison-Samford game - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/mcfeely-five-things-to-watch-in-the-bison-samford-game)

Bisonator
December 8th, 2022, 03:04 PM
I would completely agree with you about us trying to stop the powerful Bison run game. Just to slow it down and prevent the explosive play would maybe be the best we can hope for. We have not shown a consistent run stop ability this season, but we have stiffened in the Red Zone numerous times. I would say that if Hiers is 100% that NDSU will not stop the Samford passing attack. Not saying that this would be enough for the upset, just that it is an incredibly efficient offense. The speed with which he releases the ball, his deadly accuracy, and the routes that the receivers run have not been stymied in our FCS games this year. Our backup QB might be a slightly better runner, but Hiers is the leader of this team.
Heard the same from Sammy fans back in 2017 when they had Briscoe and some really talented receivers. Passing teams don't usually fair too well against NDSU. EWU in 2016 gave us fits, that's about the only one I can remember. That same year Montana had Bobs Titts high speed offense come to Fargo in the playoffs and they got shut down pretty good. Mobile QB's are bigger issues for us.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2022, 05:55 AM
Bison GameDay!!!

Get a new team in the Dome tonight so that is refreshing...instead of another Valley team.

Bison: Run the ball and play action pass!!

Should see some fellow Bison AGSers tonight!

SUPharmacist
December 9th, 2022, 10:13 AM
NDSU Hype video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zj33dITerH8

dewey
December 9th, 2022, 12:26 PM
NDSU Hype video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zj33dITerH8

NDSU creates some fantastic videos!

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 06:02 PM
Game Time!

Can Samford survive physically?

SeattleCat
December 9th, 2022, 06:03 PM
NDSU by 40.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:04 PM
Jay Walker, bleh...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 06:06 PM
3 and out and Hatcher is already blaming the refs....

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 06:09 PM
NDSU should run it every play....

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:11 PM
Can't stop the sweep so throw is multiple times...

Tyler Roehl is beyond incompetent.

deez_na
December 9th, 2022, 06:12 PM
Does Tyler try to keep games close on purpose or ?

SeattleCat
December 9th, 2022, 06:12 PM
Can't stop the sweep so throw is multiple times...

Tyler Roehl is beyond incompetent.

Our OC get cute and thinks we should throw 3times in a row too, you know after running for 9 yards a carry.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2022, 06:14 PM
The Critter is gonna have a long night

TheKingpin28
Our OC get cute and thinks we should throw 3times in a row too, you know after running for 9 yards a carry.

Power A-Gap could be working and the guy will run out of the shotgun and throw 3 hail mary's since "they probably won't see it coming, so they can't stop something new".

Go Lehigh TU owl
Samford has no chance if NDSU simply plays to their strengths....

TheKingpin28
Man, some serious holding by that Samford line, but if they won't call it, then it needs to be both ways.

SeattleCat
December 9th, 2022, 06:15 PM
I feel like NDSU's DT might eat someone.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:16 PM
Stop running **** out of the shotgun. Under center is the bread and butter, not this RPO ****ery.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 06:17 PM
Wow! Bison QB nearly got killed...

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:18 PM
Mauch needs to pick that up

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2022, 06:19 PM
Wow! Bison QB nearly got killed...

that was a big hit

Samford came to play some D

crusader11
December 9th, 2022, 06:20 PM
Does Entz not have the skilled players to open this up a bit more? Can Cam Miller not get them the ball reliably?

I know the desire to control the game on the ground and wear our a defense by continuing to pound them, just seems limiting.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:22 PM
Does Entz not have the skilled players to open this up a bit more? Can Cam Miller not get them the ball reliably?

I know the desire to control the game on the ground and wear our a defense by continuing to pound them, just seems limiting.

Both are done for the season in Luepke and Gindorff.

Winterborn
December 9th, 2022, 06:22 PM
Sitting in an Irish bar in NYC, drinking Guinness, and watching the Bison. Life don't get much better. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221210/b948827a33d09b06e93552a6302aeafb.jpg

crusader11
December 9th, 2022, 06:24 PM
It could be better if you weren't in NYC.

ysubigred
December 9th, 2022, 06:25 PM
Oooff.. this game is like watching paint dry.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 06:28 PM
Sam Houston State BOBcats?

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:28 PM
Sam Houston Bobcats...

Jay Walker is washed

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:29 PM
Samford likes bringing the house.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:30 PM
Why is Kobe trying to stretch for an extra 3 ****ing inches?

crusader11
December 9th, 2022, 06:31 PM
Just waiting for Jay Walker to go on a diatribe about how FAMU was robbed of an at-large bid and that the MEAC/SWAC don't get enough respect. It'll happen midway through the second quarter.

Go Lehigh TU owl
No review?!?! This happened in a game last week iirc where they failed to review an obvious play that needed to be reviewed....

deez_na
wasnt his knee down?

TheKingpin28
These refs are allowing Samford to get away with massive holding on each play.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 06:32 PM
These refs are allowing Samford to get away with massive holding on each play.

looked like a blatant block in the back on a swing pass too...

SeattleCat
December 9th, 2022, 06:32 PM
I thought his knee was down live, but after the 2nd angle on the replay looks like a good call.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:34 PM
looked like a blatant block in the back on a swing pass too...

I mean on that scramble, at least 3 players were held. Holy ****, these refs are blind and/or paid off.

SeattleCat
December 9th, 2022, 06:34 PM
Samford's QB is going to get himself killed

Retro
December 9th, 2022, 06:35 PM
Is the camera work on this game bad or what?

TheKingpin28
Ball don't lie refs, ball don't lie

Go Lehigh TU owl
The entire right side of the Samford line got destroyed on that FG attempt....

TheKingpin28
Is the camera work on this game bad or what?

They hit up the Bud Light in the Fargodome before the game, only logical conclusion.

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 06:36 PM
I mean on that scramble, at least 3 players were held. Holy ****, these refs are blind and/or paid off.

Dude, don't blame the refs. Your Bison glasses are tinting your view.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:37 PM

Your SoCon view glasses are tinted then as well.

deez_na
December 9th, 2022, 06:39 PM
Bison don’t look good right now but yeah, definitely some holding going on. Roehl needs to stick to our strengths and don’t get fancy

dbackjon
December 9th, 2022, 06:40 PM
I thought this was going to be a high scoring game?

SeattleCat
December 9th, 2022, 06:40 PM

eh, They are a Big Sky crew... could be a whole lot worse from what I've seen out of those boys.

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 06:41 PM

Every time I see certain teams not perform up to expectations, the refs get blamed. Old news. Haven't seen any gross miscalls. Holding? You can call it every play. Consistency is the key.

SeattleCat
December 9th, 2022, 06:43 PM
eh, They are a Big Sky crew... could be a whole lot worse from what I've seen out of those boys.
like that. That was PI

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 06:44 PM
like that. That was PI

Not even close. Try again. Actually could have been called on rcvr for holding. He grabbed the defender.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 06:44 PM
Wow! NDSU gets stuffed on 4th down!

crusader11
December 9th, 2022, 06:45 PM
Sneaking it on 4th and 2?

This game isn't reflecting well on FCS football.

deez_na
Disappointing. We should have 100 yards on the ground already

caribbeanhen

thanks for saying it

Bison getting beat at LOS

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:46 PM
Would someone fire Tyler Roehl?

His gameplan, as usual, does nothing but make us shake our heads.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:46 PM
Every time I see certain teams not perform up to expectations, the refs get blamed. Old news. Haven't seen any gross miscalls. Holding? You can call it every play. Consistency is the key.

When other fans are seeing the same missed calls I am, your glasses are tinted, not mine.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2022, 06:47 PM
The Critter Bug

uofmman1122
Incredibly impressed with Samford so far.

TheKingpin28
Nice hold on the center on the scramble

Go Lehigh TU owl
Would someone fire Tyler Roehl?

His gameplan, as usual, does nothing but make us shake our heads.

Very rarely in college do you see a QB sneak play without "pushers". That design was flawed. In the NFL there's often a business decision involved. Brady does all the work himself. NDSU's QB is not Brady...

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:48 PM
Very rarely in college do you see a QB sneak play without "pushers". That design was flawed. In the NFL there's often a business decision involved. Brady does all the work himself. NDSU's QB is not Brady...

Tyler Roehl should not even call a high school offense game. That isn't on Cam, that's on Roehl thinking he is smarter than everyone else in the building.

Bison56
December 9th, 2022, 06:50 PM
Terrible call on 4th down with that distance.

Puddin Tane
December 9th, 2022, 06:50 PM
Bison look gassed

deez_na
December 9th, 2022, 06:51 PM
Tyler Roehl should not even call a high school offense game. That isn't on Cam, that's on Roehl thinking he is smarter than everyone else in the building.

He better get his crap together at halftime. This is inexcusable

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:52 PM
That looked like a missed facemask

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 06:52 PM
NDSU defense holds. This game seems to be similar to NDSU playoff games in the past. Take a 10-0 or so lead into a half and win 30-7....

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:53 PM
He better get his crap together at halftime. This is inexcusable

Just remember, Entz said, those of us who call out our OC or DC are not real fans and not welcomed at the Fargodome since the fearless leader himself knows what's best.

uofmman1122
Seems to happen a lot in Fargo xlolx

(I'm just making a joke, please don't take this seriously)

deez_na
NDSU defense holds. This game seems to be similar to NDSU playoff games in the past. Take a 10-0 or so lead into a half and win 30-7....

Tyler keeps this play calling we won’t score 30, we should be punishing this defense. Frustrating to watch

KPSUL
December 9th, 2022, 06:54 PM

Somebody grabbed something, but no on complained on the Samford side - probably not

deez_na
December 9th, 2022, 06:55 PM
Just remember, Entz said, those of us who call out our OC or DC are not real fans and not welcomed at the Fargodome since the fearless leader himself knows what's best.

Yeah well, there is good reason we call it out at times. Oh well

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:55 PM
Seems to happen a lot in Fargo xlolx

(I'm just making a joke, please don't take this seriously)

That and late hits... Haha, I got this one.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 06:56 PM
Wow, who knew, put 9 in the box and throw and get a first down. Time for a run for 2 yards.

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 06:58 PM
Good god, 2 minutes of game time and 20 minutes of commercials.

Bison56
December 9th, 2022, 06:58 PM
Terrible call on 4th down with that distance.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 07:01 PM
NDSU QB nearly got himself killed that time....

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 07:01 PM
Throw the ****ing ball away!

deez_na
December 9th, 2022, 07:02 PM
Holy F**** Miller

- - - Updated - - -

He had 10 mins to throw that ball away but nope

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 07:03 PM
Oh Mathis, you had 6. Great catch though

Karl Havoc
Is the cameraman drunk?

TheKingpin28
T-Mac on crutches, damn...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 07:04 PM
Why is NDSU trying to run Tebow QB power? I don't understand their running game tonight....

TheKingpin28
Can't wait to hear Phil's commentary on this game.

TheKingpin28
Why is NDSU trying to run Tebow QB power? I don't understand their running game tonight....

Cause Tyler Roehl is a genius

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 07:05 PM
I should not be allowed to drink Yuengling when I watch Bison football.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 07:06 PM
Finally...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 07:06 PM
TD Bison on a nice play action setup. Even so, Bison definitely utilizing some unique approaches tonight....

Daytripper
December 9th, 2022, 07:08 PM
Just tuned in. 7-0 near the end of the 2nd quarter?? There must be a glitch in the matrix...or Samford is damn good.

deez_na
December 9th, 2022, 07:08 PM
Just get the W and get our heads out of our a**** for the next round

Daytripper
December 9th, 2022, 07:10 PM
I'm looking for ice picks to jam into my ears with these announcers.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 07:10 PM
no Bison timeout?

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 07:11 PM
Bison reduced to throwing it apparently. Samford held them to 52 yards rushing in first half. So much for Samford's "bad" defense. But I'm sure all the Bison faithful will blame it on their mistakes or bad play calling.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 07:11 PM
no Bison timeout?

Fumble for a TD!

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 07:12 PM
Damn, he was down.

Go Lehigh TU owl
he's down...definitely down...

BisonFan02
Fumble for a TD!

He's down.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2022, 07:14 PM
Samford not excited about trying to move the ball on that series

SeattleCat
December 9th, 2022, 07:14 PM
Samford looks like they're giving up.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 07:15 PM
Cam wasted 10 seconds for 2 yards. xsmhx

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 07:16 PM
Why not run it?!?! You have 2 timeouts! Samford was giving them a 10 yard run. TB did it the other night against New Orleans....

TheKingpin28
Cam wasted 15 seconds for 5 yards. He is having an absolute garbage game.

Bison56
F team camera crew and commentators. Sad.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 07:17 PM
Cam wasted 10 seconds for 2 yards. xsmhx

Should have immediately run it or have a designed hand off. Samford was playing safe. They could have gapped them for 10-15 yards....

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 07:18 PM
Now Mathis is hurt on a cheapshot.

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 07:18 PM
And that last play didn't have holding all over by the Bison? Looked about the same as what saw the other way. But no mention by anyone here huh?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 07:19 PM
There's my 10-0 at the half...still feeling 30-7 when it's all said and done....

TheKingpin28
And that last play didn't have holding all over by the Bison? Looked about the same as what saw the other way. But no mention by anyone here huh?

I called out the facemask earlier that was missed. At least I am trying to be neutral about it.

MSUBobcat
I'm looking for ice picks to jam into my ears with these announcers.

Glad I only get closed captioning at the bar we are pregaming at. Only have to read gems like, "the team who adapts in the second half is going to find the success they are looking for."

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2022, 07:20 PM
I called out the facemask earlier that was missed. At least I am trying to be neutral about it.

If you're talking that 4th down play for Samford...there was no facemask....horse collar at most but not really.

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 07:20 PM

I am as well. There was close holding but the refs are calling it in a consistent manner.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2022, 07:21 PM
Give the Bison o-line pink jerseys to wear for the 2nd half.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 07:22 PM
If you're talking that 4th down play for Samford...there was no facemask....horse collar at most but not really.

I think it was 3rd down when Crittendon got loose out right and his head turned around massively.

SeattleCat
Samford better come out inspired, they basically gave up after that touchdown.

ElCid
Glad I only get closed captioning at the bar we are pregaming at. Only have to read gems like, "the team who adapts in the second half is going to find the success they are looking for."

I need to put mute on. It's unbearable to listen to these goons.

deez_na
Bison reduced to throwing it apparently. Samford held them to 52 yards rushing in first half. So much for Samford's "bad" defense. But I'm sure all the Bison faithful will blame it on their mistakes or bad play calling.
Lol, if you think our play calling doesn’t have some to do with it then idk what to tell you. He’s going into stupid mode. 9 guys in the box and we just run a cute little run play every time. Running out of shotgun, not hard to stop the run with the entire box stacked and a OC helping them out with the obvious play calling.

Chalupa Batman
December 9th, 2022, 07:25 PM
Even if this game gets away from Samford in the 2nd half, I am very impressed with this team. Without any help from the offense I think their defense is gonna break shortly though.

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 07:25 PM
Lol, if you think our play calling doesn’t have some to do with it then idk what to tell you. He’s going into stupid mode. 9 guys in the box and we just run a cute little run play every time. Running out of shotgun, not hard to stop the run with the entire box stacked and a OC helping them out with the obvious play calling.

Duh. But Samford D isn't as bad as advertised by some. I know all about Samford stacking the box. I see it every year. Maybe that's all your coach thinks he can do. LOL.

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 07:29 PM
Incredibly funny listening to Griz fans (and others) over the last week screaming that the 3-3-5 is the biggest problem with our defense, and that it absolutely cannot stop power run teams.

Samford has held NDSU to 2.5 yards per carry at 61 yards on 24 carries running the exact same defense​.

CockyGeek
December 9th, 2022, 07:31 PM
This is the worst commentary I've heard in a game all year.

"You have to convert third downs in the postseason."

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 07:32 PM
Even if this game gets away from Samford in the 2nd half, I am very impressed with this team. Without any help from the offense I think their defense is gonna break shortly though.

I've seen them score a lot of points fast too many times. I would be more worried that their O gets in the groove. Bison have done good so far, but they need to keep it up or Samford can score fast.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 07:32 PM
Incredibly funny listening to Griz fans (and others) over the last week screaming that the 3-3-5 is the biggest problem with our defense, and that it absolutely cannot stop power run teams.

Samford has held NDSU to 2.5 yards per carry at 61 yards on 24 carries running the exact same defense​.

It does help when a coach puts 9 in the box and brings pressure though.

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 07:33 PM

They talk just to make noise. Very annoying.

MSUBobcat
December 9th, 2022, 07:34 PM

Everyone knows in the regular season, not converting 3rd downs leads to massive success....

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2022, 07:39 PM
QB change for Samford

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 07:42 PM
QB change for Samford

Didn't see that one coming!

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2022, 07:43 PM
Didn't see that one coming!

Gonna be boom or bust in my opinion....first drive for them should be telling.

uofmman1122
It does help when a coach puts 9 in the box and brings pressure though.
We did that a lot, too, we just sucked at executing.

SeattleCat
huge hold by #19 to spring Johnson

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 07:44 PM
NDSU is rolling...

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 07:44 PM
Looks like adjustments were made

Bison56
December 9th, 2022, 07:45 PM
People that cry about holding are losers.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2022, 07:45 PM
huge hold by #19 to spring Johnson

Yep, but they are clearly not calling it on either team.

ysubigred
December 9th, 2022, 07:47 PM
Well how fast the tables have turned.. SOCON who?