View Full Version : Info on Ill. St.

stevdock
October 31st, 2007, 02:03 PM
We have got them coming to the FargoDome this Sat. Any info on the Redbirds. I havn't really heard anything about them, other than an injury in their backfield, I think.

birdbrain
October 31st, 2007, 02:15 PM
One of our main RBs Geno Blow broke his hand and is out for the year. Rafael Rice is still healthy though. We pass and run about evenly.

If we don't turn it over we usually have a good chance to win.

Oh yeah, and this guy:
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ilsu/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/1295700.jpeg
Senior linebacker Kye Stewart

BISON Thunder
October 31st, 2007, 02:28 PM
One of our main RBs Geno Blow broke his hand and is out for the year. Rafael Rice is still healthy though. We pass and run about evenly.

Oh yeah, and this guy:
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ilsu/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/1295700.jpeg
How big is Stewart? I really enjoy watching good linebacker play, so should be a good game with Stewart and the Bison trio. Next week the Bison play at Cal Poly and they always seem to have great backers too...

Gil Dobie
October 31st, 2007, 02:35 PM
I hear a receiver is out due to a concusion?

It's going to be a great event, playing a soon to be Gateway partner.
Hopefully the Bison will be a deserving representative of the Great West in this years game. I'll be there, up close and personal.xthumbsupx

stevdock
October 31st, 2007, 02:39 PM

Oh yeah, and this guy:

Looks like he and Tyler Roehl might have some memorable collisions.

birdbrain
October 31st, 2007, 03:17 PM
How big is Stewart? I really enjoy watching good linebacker play, so should be a good game with Stewart and the Bison trio. Next week the Bison play at Cal Poly and they always seem to have great backers too...Info. Kye is a blast to watch!
Kye Stewart
Class: Senior
Hometown: Nashville, Tenn.
High School: Pearl-Cohn
Height / Weight: 6-0 / 210
Position: OLB
Experience: 3L

Selected to represent ISU student-athletes at the 2007 NCAA Leadershape conference.

2006: Named to the All-Gateway first team ... appeared in 12 games, all starts at outside linebacker ... ranked second on the team in tackles and in the Gateway Football Conference with 126 ... led the team with 11 tackles for loss ... had 2.5 TFL's and a sack at Kansas State ... had 14 tackles, including nine solo stops, in a win over Central Arkansas and was named Gateway Defensive Player of the Week (9/10) ... collected a career-high 17 tackles and a sack against Southern Illinois to earn his second GFC weekly honor, while also being named a I-AA.org National Weekly All-Star and the Football Gazette National Defensive Player of the Week ... collected eight tackles and and a TFL in the playoff win at Eastern Illinois ... posted double-digit tackle efforts in eight of 13 games played.

2005: Started all 11 games at outside linebacker ... ranked second on the team and second in the Gateway with 93 tackles ... had six double-digit tackle games ... returned a fumble 42 yards for a touchdown at Eastern Illinois ... returned an interception 21 yards for a touchdown vs. Western Kentucky ... only defensive player to score twice on the season ... twice named GFC Defensive Player of the Week (9/17 and 10/15).

2004: Started the first two games before suffering a stress fracture in his leg ... returned for final four games ... ranked 10th on the team in tackles with 30 ... posted six tackles in each of the first two games before his injury.

2003: Redshirted.

Pearl-Cohn HS: Led the team with 109 tackles ... named all-city and all-region at linebacker ... as a senior, team finished 9-2 and claimed the district championship ... lettered in football and baseball ... as a freshman and sophomore played football at Jasper County High School ... a member of the National Honor Roll .... listed in Who's Who Among American High School Students ... coached by Maurice Fitzgerald at Pearl-Cohn.

Data: Born 2-17-85 in Nashville, Tenn. ... son of Kenneth Stewart ... major: communication studies ... once named to the AFNI Honor Roll.

birdbrain
October 31st, 2007, 03:19 PM
I hear a receiver is out due to a concusion?

It's going to be a great event, playing a soon to be Gateway partner.
Hopefully the Bison will be a deserving representative of the Great West in this years game. I'll be there, up close and personal.xthumbsupxThe paper said:
"Senior wide receiver Jason Horton, who left the Western Illinois game on a stretcher as a precautionary measure after a hard hit, will be limited early this week in practice but could play in Saturday’s 4:07 p.m. nonconference game at No. 2 North Dakota State."

Horton's our top receiver.

BISON Thunder
October 31st, 2007, 03:29 PM
Info. Kye is a blast to watch!
Thanks for the information, Birdbrain. In addition to being a great athlete, he looks like he has his head on straight too. Looking forward to watching him Saturday!

birdbrain
October 31st, 2007, 03:39 PM
Just take it easy on us!

Gil Dobie
October 31st, 2007, 03:45 PM
Just take it easy on us!

We are expecting a game from ISU, so no holding back. If the Bison are fortunate enough to have the lead late, they usually run up the middle, and run out the clock.

skinny_uncle
October 31st, 2007, 03:49 PM
Illinois State seems remarkably inconsistent this year. It's hard to say if you will get the team that lost to Drake or the team that beat Youngstown.

Hansel
October 31st, 2007, 04:15 PM
Has a Great West team other than NDSU (WIU) beat a Gateway team ???

Mountain Panther
October 31st, 2007, 06:54 PM
The Crimson Crows are good.....this will give NDSU another idea of what life will be like in the Gateway. Drone was preseason 1st team all-Gateway if I remember correctly.

Too bad Blow is out....
http://www.panthermania.net/coppermine/albums/football/092907mp_uni_illinois_st_43.jpg

BISON Thunder
November 2nd, 2007, 09:48 AM
Hope all the Illinois State Redbird fans visiting Fargo this weekend come early to the stadium for some tailgating. Weather forecast:

Saturday: Sunshine and some clouds. High 48F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday night: Partly cloudy skies. Low 33F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

We hope to put on a good show for our future conference foes!