PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Quarterfinal: #5 William & Mary @ #4 Montana State

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 05:10 PM
Game kicks off at 8:15PM MT on Friday 12/9 and will be nationally televised on ESPN2. Here's how they match up statistically:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52542377320_4c9e2e84b8_z.jpg

Winner moves on to face the winner of #8 Holy Cross at #1 SDSU.

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2022, 05:48 PM
This will be the game of the week.

Utgrizfan
December 3rd, 2022, 05:55 PM
Going with the Cats as they're home and of course the fellow Montana team.

Chalupa Batman
December 3rd, 2022, 09:45 PM
This will be the game of the week.It's between this one and the Sac State/Incarnate Word game.

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2022, 10:19 PM
It's between this one and the Sac State/Incarnate Word game.

Over/Under 124...#BookIt

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2022, 10:56 PM
This will be the late national game on ESPN2 next Friday. Late 10:15PM local time kickoff for the Tribe.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1599265800518774785

Karl Havoc
December 4th, 2022, 12:55 AM
Predicting a spread of MSU -7.5. Predicting this game is finished in under 2.5 hours.

GoCatsGo84
December 4th, 2022, 01:02 AM
Lol. You’re not wrong. O/U 100 rushing plays… might be nice since it’s such a late start. TV timeouts will of course get in the way of this quick game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2022, 05:56 AM
Montana State by at least 2 TDs.

W&M has a decent defense but will get pounded into the ground. They'll wear out in the 2nd half.

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2022, 08:56 AM
Team stats comparison added to the first page. If these two teams both hit their per game averages there will be 600 rush yards in this game. ;)

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2022, 09:24 AM
Home team wins, if game was in Williamsburg that would also be true

NY Crusader 2010
December 4th, 2022, 10:54 AM
Home team wins, if game was in Williamsburg that would also be true

I agree here. This William & Mary team does seem to have the DNA of a squad that could potentially steal that elusive FCS playoff road win in the Montana/Dakota corridor.

SeattleCat
December 4th, 2022, 11:20 AM
Montana State should be the easiest game to plan for as an opponent. You just have to stop the run. Easy peasy...

Catbooster
December 4th, 2022, 12:06 PM
This will be the late national game on ESPN2 next Friday. Late 10:15PM local time kickoff for the Tribe.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1599265800518774785
8:15 local (Bozeman) time, right? I assume Izzo is giving that in your time zone?

I expect the attendance to be smaller than yesterday's game with this late kickoff.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2022, 12:13 PM
8:15 local (Bozeman) time, right? I assume Izzo is giving that in your time zone?

I expect the attendance to be smaller than yesterday's game with this late kickoff.Yes 8:15 kickoff in Bozeman. For William & Mary fans watching on TV in Virginia the game starts at 10:15.

TribeNomad1
December 4th, 2022, 05:14 PM
Trying to see if can make it happen and get out to the game. How hard is it to get transportation to and from the game, esp. with late start? Likely be staying in town. What about for lodging more distant?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2022, 05:17 PM
Trying to see if can make it happen and get out to the game. How hard is it to get transportation to and from the game, esp. with late start? Likely be staying in town. What about for lodging more distant?

Look into staying in Belgrade which is the town the airport is located in. Bozeman is obviously a great choice too! I know there is a Gallatin Valley taxi service an uber around. If you can pull it off, go for it!

NY Crusader 2010
December 4th, 2022, 05:21 PM
I'll be in Bozeman for this one.

MSUBobcat
December 4th, 2022, 07:00 PM

Transportation is pretty good. I imagine Uber should be readily available but haven't had to use it for games since we drive in. Lodging is also reasonable as it's between tourist seasons with ski season not being full tilt yet, so I would suggest staying in Bozeman.

Terry2889
December 5th, 2022, 07:19 AM
In a down year for the CAA I just don't see W&M matching up wee against a playoff seasoned MSU.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2022, 08:09 AM
In a down year for the CAA I just don't see W&M matching up wee against a playoff seasoned MSU.

Terry, it’s not 2010 anymore
it’s been a down 13 years by your standards

TypicalTribe96
December 5th, 2022, 10:04 AM
If the game was at 3:00 on Saturday, I would give the Tribe a shot at the upset. However, playing at night on Friday multiple time zones away is a tall order made even harder given the quality of the opponent. Add in that it's exam time in Williamsburg and the challenge of going from near 60 degree temperatures to a gametime setting likely in the teens with a chance of snow and it just seems like a little too much to ask for this Tribe team. Only chance for an upset is to get out to an early lead and settle into the game because if you fall behind in conditions like this, it's easy to start focusing more on the cold and less on the opponent and get steamrolled. This will be a great challenge for a team without much playoff experience but playing with a ton of confidence.

wmmii
December 5th, 2022, 11:17 AM
Both teams can run but Tribe passing will tilt the game for a victory if they limit their TO's and penalties.

Tribe has 4 running backs they can rotate with QB that averages over 40 yards per TD pass along with the brother of Cam Newton being a big play receiver. Not sure Montana State has played a team with this diverse an offense. Stats show Tribe does better in red zone of holding teams to FG plus had better pass efficiency.

Not sure Montana State has played a team with this diverse an offense. Stats show Tribe does better in red zone of holding teams to FG plus has better pass efficiency. We have beaten 7 teams ranked in the top 50 of Massey Composite FCS compared to 5 for them.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2022, 11:21 AM
Both teams can run but Tribe passing will tilt the game for a victory if they limit their TO's and penalties.

Tribe has 4 running backs they can rotate with QB that averages over 40 years per TD pass along with the brother of Cam Newton being a big play receiver. Not sure Montana State has played a team with this diverse an offense. Stats show Tribe does better in red zone of holding teams to FG plus had better pass efficiency.

at this rate his next TD pass will be in 2062

wmmii
December 5th, 2022, 11:27 AM
at this rate his next TD pass will be in 2062

Oops, should be yards not years! Fixed

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2022, 11:31 AM
Oops, should be yards not years! Fixed

i knew what you meant just funning with ya

Go Tribe!

MSUBobcat
December 5th, 2022, 12:29 PM

Tribe has 4 running backs they can rotate with QB that averages over 40 yards per TD pass along with the brother of Cam Newton being a big play receiver. Not sure Montana State has played a team with this diverse an offense. Stats show Tribe does better in red zone of holding teams to FG plus had better pass efficiency.

Not sure Montana State has played a team with this diverse an offense. Stats show Tribe does better in red zone of holding teams to FG plus has better pass efficiency. We have beaten 7 teams ranked in the top 50 of Massey Composite FCS compared to 5 for them.

Not sure why the arbitrary Massey ranking of 50 was chosen. #50 is a bad So Dak team, who was 3-8 and lost by 17 at home to Montana. Towson was 48, so that's +1 for W&M under your criteria I guess. We are 4-0 against the Massey composite top 25 (#6 Weber, twice, destroyed #13 UM and beat #15 Davis by 17). W&M is 2-1 (lost at home to #16 Elon, beat #14 Richmond and #22 Delaware). If I chose an arbitrary Massey rank of 16, or even 20, W&M drops to 1-1 against our 4-0. Don't know that pulling Massey in was the flex you thought it was.

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2022, 12:35 PM
I think there are probably only two teams in FCS that can stop the cat running attack, and Bill and Mary is not one of them.

Plus it's a Friday night game? Gimme the cats by 10. :pumpuke:

MSUBobcat
December 5th, 2022, 12:37 PM
I think there are probably only two teams in FCS that can stop the cat running attack, and Bill and Mary is not one of them.

Plus it's a Friday night game? Gimme the cats by 10. :pumpuke:

Massey has the Cats by 7. Sports Bet MT has MSU by 10.5.

Edit: Interestingly, Sports Bet MT gives Holy Cross a much better chance to win the natty (+2900) than W&M (+3900) and they're on the same side of the bracket so would face the same SDSU and MSU teams, just in reverse order. O/U for UIW-Sac State is 72.5. Might as well bet the farm on the over.

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2022, 12:51 PM
Massey has the Cats by 7. Sports Bet MT has MSU by 10.5.

Edit: Interestingly, Sports Bet MT gives Holy Cross a much better chance to win the natty (+2900) than W&M (+3900) and they're on the same side of the bracket so would face the same SDSU and MSU teams, just in reverse order. O/U for UIW-Sac State is 72.5. Might as well bet the farm on the over.
Massey thought we were still the 6th best team after getting **** housed by you guys, too lol

MSUBobcat
December 5th, 2022, 02:45 PM
Massey thought we were still the 6th best team after getting **** housed by you guys, too lol

Massey STILL has UM at 13, which is why I thought the arbitrary choosing of #50 (the SoDak team that the Griz handled easily) as the cutoff seemed a bit cherry picking. We've played more top 16 teams and won them all. I'm quite confident that if we had also played #48 Towson, it would be a +1 in our favor also. Massey is okay, but I wouldn't put a ton of stock in the rankings.

Sitting Bull
December 5th, 2022, 04:17 PM
Game time weather forecast for the mid teens.
I’m still confident that we will compete though this is a big advantage for the Bobcats.

ngineer
December 5th, 2022, 04:50 PM
Looking forward to this one. If the game were in Williamsburg, I'd be tempted to pick the Tribe. But I think the environs of northwest will have an impact. MSU 28-23

wapiti
December 5th, 2022, 04:56 PM
I’m still confident that we will compete though this is a big advantage for the Bobcats.

I see the weather as only a very slight advantage for the Bobcats. The elevation gain may have an impact in the 4th quarter.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2022, 05:03 PM
Montana State: 38-13

dbackjon
December 5th, 2022, 06:31 PM
Cats by 10

MSUBobcat
December 5th, 2022, 08:17 PM

Weather and elevation aren't quite the advantage people think. Coastal Carolina went to Missoula in 2013 and put a pretty good beating on the Griz before they mounted a too little, too late comeback in the 4th. The elevation change for Coastal to UM is about 3,160'. That game was particularly cold, -5 degrees, which would be about a 60 degree change using Conway's predicted temp this Friday night. The change from Williamsburg and Bozeman is more at about 4,860' but the temp difference in predicted weather at game time is only about 30 degrees. If a team comes out to play from the jump, it's not a factor. But... if a team gets behind early, then the cold creeps in and can demoralize them a bit more.

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2022, 08:41 PM
Weather and elevation aren't quite the advantage people think. Coastal Carolina went to Missoula in 2013 and put a pretty good beating on the Griz before they mounted a too little, too late comeback in the 4th. The elevation change for Coastal to UM is about 3,160'. That game was particularly cold, -5 degrees, which would be about a 60 degree change using Conway's predicted temp this Friday night. The change from Williamsburg and Bozeman is more at about 4,860' but the temp difference in predicted weather at game time is only about 30 degrees. If a team comes out to play from the jump, it's not a factor. But... if a team gets behind early, then the cold creeps in and can demoralize them a bit more.
That's a bad game to focus on because the thing that did the Griz in was their own hubris that day. Coastal was smart and didn't try to pretend they were too tough for the cold, like we did. In the end, we let the cold affect us way more than they did.

MSUBobcat
December 5th, 2022, 08:45 PM
That's a bad game to focus on because the thing that did the Griz in was their own hubris that day. Coastal was smart and didn't try to pretend they were too tough for the cold, like we did. In the end, we let the cold affect us way more than they did.

Agree so much. Trying to look tough is so dumb. Nothing wrong with dressing for the weather.

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2022, 08:50 PM
Agree so much. Trying to look tough is so dumb. Nothing wrong with dressing for the weather.
That said, there is a reason only 2 southern teams have ever won in Missoula in the playoffs, and one of those was a ****ing option team lol.

MSUBobcat
December 5th, 2022, 08:53 PM
That said, there is a reason only 2 southern teams have ever won in Missoula in the playoffs, and one of those was a ****ing option team lol.

Well.... from what I recall off the top of my head, most northern teams don't fare well in Wa-Griz in the playoffs either lol. I wonder what the difference in win % is.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2022, 08:57 PM
Looking forward to this one. If the game were in Williamsburg, I'd be tempted to pick the Tribe. But I think the environs of northwest will have an impact. MSU 28-23

You get the Big Sky out of Big Sky country and on the East coast they lose

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2022, 05:21 PM
Yoder is not an easy guy to tackle so could even be tougher tackling him in the igloo

Bobcat99
December 6th, 2022, 06:30 PM
This game shouldn’t be particularly close.

I’ll go ahead and say Cats win by 17.

50-33.

Even that’s being generous to Bill and Mary though.

KPSUL
December 7th, 2022, 04:31 PM

50-33.

Really? Well I'm sure they both appreciate your generosity.

W&M is likely to be the best defense you've faced all season except for Oregon State. There is a razor thin difference between these teams on offense, in fact the offenses have a lot in common. Run first philosophy, very productive rushing attack and a capable passing game. Giving the Tribe slight edge on defense and the Bobcats the home field advantage, I see this one as a true toss up. Looking forward to watching the game, and I don't have to mess around with streaming it.

ncspiderfan
December 7th, 2022, 05:02 PM

W&M is likely to be the best defense you've faced all season except for Oregon State. There is a razor thin difference between these teams on offense, in fact the offenses have a lot in common. Run first philosophy, very productive rushing attack and a capable passing game. Giving the Tribe slight edge on defense and the Bobcats the home field advantage, I see this one as a true toss up. Looking forward to watching the game, and I don't have to mess around with streaming it.

Tend to lean your way. I know the Spiders shut down two 1200+ yard rushers this year and held both to about 30 yards in the rushing attack (admittedly did not stop Laube on kickoffs however and gave up one to Sac State as well), but the point to make is, Spiders could not stop Yoder and company and he has lots of company since there is not much difference in the four RBs they use if they are all available, excepting Yoder is the one it takes four people to get on the ground more often than not.

Tribe in a tight one.

TypicalTribe96
December 7th, 2022, 05:06 PM
One thing that's easy to forget is that while the Tribe players have little playoff experience, they have the only guy on either sideline who's won an FCS national championship as a head coach. And the path to that title included two road wins, the most memorable being at Appalachian State, knocking off the 3-time defending champs in the process. If you're going to pull off an upset in this type of spot, it's invaluable to have someone at the helm with that type of experience.

ncspiderfan
December 7th, 2022, 05:14 PM
One thing that's easy to forget is that while the Tribe players have little playoff experience, they have the only guy on either sideline who's won an FCS national championship as a head coach. And the path to that title included two road wins, the most memorable being at Appalachian State, knocking off the 3-time defending champs in the process. If you're going to pull off an upset in this type of spot, it's invaluable to have someone at the helm with that type of experience.

Oh, what memories, and I agree with you about London, he beat the 2 3 4 seeds that year.
Still like the UNI win better though, we still simply call the last minute of the game "The Drive".

KPSUL
December 7th, 2022, 05:39 PM
Not sure why the arbitrary Massey ranking of 50 was chosen. #50 is a bad So Dak team, who was 3-8 and lost by 17 at home to Montana. Towson was 48, so that's +1 for W&M under your criteria I guess. We are 4-0 against the Massey composite top 25 (#6 Weber, twice, destroyed #13 UM and beat #15 Davis by 17). W&M is 2-1 (lost at home to #16 Elon, beat #14 Richmond and #22 Delaware). If I chose an arbitrary Massey rank of 16, or even 20, W&M drops to 1-1 against our 4-0. Don't know that pulling Massey in was the flex you thought it was.

IMHO if you are going to use poll rankings for comparative purposes on the AGS message board you need to use the final regular season AGS poll. UC Davis and Montana were not in the # 13 and # 15 positions but rather #21 and #23. The Big Sky did have two additional teams in the Top 16 (besides MT St and Weber) they were Sac St and Idaho, but MT St didn't play either of them. As far as the W&M CAA opponents you mention Elon was #11, Richmond #12 and Delaware #25.

One other statistic that is indicative of the overall strength of your schedule would be the combined win - loss record of your 10 FCS opponents. For the 2022 regular season, Montana State's FCS opponents compiled a 37-62 record.

catbob
December 7th, 2022, 06:27 PM

Seems to me W&M is an opportunistic, bend but don't break defense that does well holding teams in the red zone and getting off the field on third down, and creates timely turnovers. But what happens when they play a team who has the 3rd best turnover margin, 4th best TOP, and 13th best 3rd down conversion %? Let alone the yards the Bobcats will get because statistically in terms of yards given up W&M is pretty average (44th in YPG and 56th in YPC) and they have only played one top 30 rushing attack all year (Nova at 24). Kudos to W&M because they did shut down Nova's run game, but I'm just not seeing much to worry me about W&M stopping the Cats rushing attack. I thought Gardner Webb did pretty well before just committing 6 turnovers.

This sounds cocky but the only thing that I think that W&M can hope to do in this one is hold the Cats to FGs, and of course grab a rare turnover. If W&M gets 1-2 turnovers and holds MSU to let's say 3 FGs they have a good shot of coming away with a win. I do think W&M will drive and score as well, I just don't think it will be enough if both sides play clean football. But that's why they play the game.

Kind of a crazy stat - MSU has only punted the ball once in the last 3 games (0 Cal Poly, 0 Griz, 1 Weber).

MSUBobcat
December 7th, 2022, 06:32 PM

That's very debatable for the rushing defense, which is what will matter most against the Bobcats. We've played Weber twice and they currently average only 2.6 more rushing yards allowed per game than W&M. If you take out the MSU games, Weber gives up 106.9 ypg compared to 144.4 for W&M. BBQ has given up 200+ yards rushing 4 times, 204 to Sac, the 7th best rushing team and actually below their season average, and 204 to UND, the 67th best running team. W&M has given up 200+ four times also, against #59 Elon (240 yards), #49 Towson (218), #82 Hampton (210) and #33 G-W (200). I would give Weber's run defense the nod over W&M. We ran for 347 the first time and increased it to 388 last week.

KPSUL
December 7th, 2022, 06:44 PM
Seems to me W&M is an opportunistic, bend but don't break defense that does well holding teams in the red zone and getting off the field on third down, and creates timely turnovers. But what happens when they play a team who has the 3rd best turnover margin, 4th best TOP, and 13th best 3rd down conversion %? Let alone the yards the Bobcats will get because statistically in terms of yards given up W&M is pretty average (44th in YPG and 56th in YPC) and they have only played one top 30 rushing attack all year (Nova at 24). Kudos to W&M because they did shut down Nova's run game, but I'm just not seeing much to worry me about W&M stopping the Cats rushing attack. I thought Gardner Webb did pretty well before just committing 6 turnovers.

This sounds cocky but the only thing that I think that W&M can hope to do in this one is hold the Cats to FGs, and of course grab a rare turnover. If W&M gets 1-2 turnovers and holds MSU to let's say 3 FGs they have a good shot of coming away with a win. I do think W&M will drive and score as well, I just don't think it will be enough if both sides play clean football. But that's why they play the game.

Kind of a crazy stat - MSU has only punted the ball once in the last 3 games (0 Cal Poly, 0 Griz, 1 Weber).

Seems like we agree, this is likely to be an excellent match-up. If you compare the plethora of statistics Professor Chaos has provided, I'm sure you could make the case for either team. But I don't down play the significance of having to make a road trip from the East Coast to Montana or the the Dakotas. Frankly that might be the biggest advantage for Montana State.

MSUBobcat
December 7th, 2022, 06:51 PM
Another thing I noted is that W&M doesn't appear to be a very opportunistic defense in regards to forcing turnovers. If you omit the 6 turnovers gained and +5 margin from the G-W game (G-W has lost more turnovers,32, than any other FCS school, albeit in 13 games), W&M has forced only 18 TO's, good for 54th in FCS, with a margin of just +2, good for 44th. MSU has forced 27 TO in 12 games (3rd) with a margin of +16 (3rd). Being at home, I would guess MSU wins the turnover battle +1 at least.

KPSUL
December 7th, 2022, 07:11 PM
That's very debatable for the rushing defense, which is what will matter most against the Bobcats. We've played Weber twice and they currently average only 2.6 more rushing yards allowed per game than W&M. If you take out the MSU games, Weber gives up 106.9 ypg compared to 144.4 for W&M. BBQ has given up 200+ yards rushing 4 times, 204 to Sac, the 7th best rushing team and actually below their season average, and 204 to UND, the 67th best running team. W&M has given up 200+ four times also, against #59 Elon (240 yards), #49 Towson (218), #82 Hampton (210) and #33 G-W (200). I would give Weber's run defense the nod over W&M. We ran for 347 the first time and increased it to 388 last week.

I'm sure Weber has an excellent rushing defense - they would have beaten MSU in Bozeman during the regular season if their long snapper hadn't gifted 4 safeties. But honestly, I don't think either one of us can adequately assess the relative strength of either team's defense. We travel in different galaxies. It's particularly hard for FCS fans outside of the CAA to have much feel for CAA teams when all the conference and home OOC games are only on the insular FLO Sports Network. While I sense that Coach Mike London knows how to keep his guys grounded and focused, I wonder how the long road trip and all the factors of weather, elevation, time zones and general surroundings will affect the W&M team. I'd think the only time they had to get on a plane to play a football game this season was the short flight up to Long Island to play Stony Brook. But maybe the change of scenery will be good for them.

SteelSD
December 7th, 2022, 07:27 PM
I'm sure Weber has an excellent rushing defense - they would have beaten MSU in Bozeman during the regular season if their long snapper hadn't gifted 4 safeties. But honestly, I don't think either one of us can adequately assess the relative strength of either team's defense. We travel in different galaxies. It's particularly hard for FCS fans outside of the CAA to have much feel for CAA teams when all the conference and home OOC games are only on the insular FLO Sports Network. While I sense that Coach Mike London knows how to keep his guys grounded and focused, I wonder how the long road trip and all the factors of weather, elevation, time zones and general surroundings will affect the W&M team. I'd think the only time they had to get on a plane to play a football game this season was the short flight up to Long Island to play Stony Brook. But maybe the change of scenery will be good for them.
What I know is that Delaware and W&M have very similar rush defenses statistically. SDSU ran for 222 yards in essentially 3 quarters against the Hens (the 4th Q was our back up QB/RB running into loaded boxes killing the clock). MSU is a different rushing animal than SDSU, so W&M is going to find it very difficult to stop the Cats. For W&M to be in this game I think they are going to need to match scores and get a couple of timely turnovers or some untimely penalties on MSU that puts them behind the chains. Absent that this matchup just seems like too much for W&M to overcome.

tribe_pride
December 7th, 2022, 07:50 PM
Another thing I noted is that W&M doesn't appear to be a very opportunistic defense in regards to forcing turnovers. If you omit the 6 turnovers gained and +5 margin from the G-W game (G-W has lost more turnovers,32, than any other FCS school, albeit in 13 games), W&M has forced only 18 TO's, good for 54th in FCS, with a margin of just +2, good for 44th. MSU has forced 27 TO in 12 games (3rd) with a margin of +16 (3rd). Being at home, I would guess MSU wins the turnover battle +1 at least.

If you are eliminating the Tribe’s 6 takeaways against G-W, you should do the same for MSU’s 6 vs Idaho State since GW and Idaho State are close in turnovers per game.

Bobcat99
December 7th, 2022, 08:17 PM
Seems like we agree, this is likely to be an excellent match-up. If you compare the plethora of statistics Professor Chaos has provided, I'm sure you could make the case for either team. But I don't down play the significance of having to make a road trip from the East Coast to Montana or the the Dakotas. Frankly that might be the biggest advantage for Montana State.

The biggest advantage for Montana State is that they’re the better team.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2022, 09:10 PM
The biggest advantage for Montana State is that they’re the better team.

maybe, but we find out Friday night for sure

MSUBobcat
December 7th, 2022, 09:28 PM
If you are eliminating the Tribe’s 6 takeaways against G-W, you should do the same for MSU’s 6 vs Idaho State since GW and Idaho State are close in turnovers per game.

Fair enough. That drops MSU to 21 forced turnovers (T-26th) and +10 (still T-7th).

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2022, 10:51 AM
Anybody have a feeling that Montana State might be overlooking the team from Williamsburg?

wapiti
December 8th, 2022, 10:56 AM

If this line of reasoning is used then it must be used going the other way too. MSU gifted 14 points to Weber with a kick off and punt returns for TD's. MSU then wins by a larger margin.

Karl Havoc
December 8th, 2022, 10:59 AM

I’ll note that 65 of UND’s rushing yards came on the worst fumble ruling I’ve ever seen watching football at any level :)

What MSU’s rush offense did to Weber was pretty shocking. Not even P5 teams have done that to Weber in the Jay Hill era. For me, the main issue is that Weber wasn’t able to make many plays in the backfield. You have to get MSU behind the sticks to get off the field. Does W&M have any game wreckers on their d-line?

Karl Havoc
December 8th, 2022, 11:02 AM
If this line of reasoning is used then it must be used going the other way too. MSU gifted 14 points to Weber with a kick off and punt returns for TD's. MSU then wins by a larger margin.

You guys love writing off those special teams plays, but Weber has the best KR in the country and an elite PR unit. Really not that crazy that Weber scored on special teams, they do it 4+ times a year, every year. 4 safeties in one game had literally never happened before. Anyways, I digress.

Bobcat99
December 8th, 2022, 11:06 AM
Anybody have a feeling that Montana State might be overlooking the team from Williamsburg?

The fans, yes. The coaches and players? No.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2022, 11:10 AM

You sure?

SeattleCat
December 8th, 2022, 11:17 AM

You've obviously have never listened to our Coach.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2022, 11:28 AM
You've obviously have never listened to our Coach.

Nope, I don’t listen to any coaches really but I get he’s a good coach

uofmman1122
December 8th, 2022, 11:29 AM
Not at all.

MSUBobcat
December 8th, 2022, 11:58 AM

Overlooking the #5 seed? Based on what? My post saying I think Weber is probably the best rushing defense the Bobcats have faced, not W&M? I hardly think that qualifies as overlooking. If W&M wins tomorrow, it will be because they earned it on the field, not because the Bobcats were looking past them to the semifinals. Tomorrow's game should be a fun, hard-fought game. Weather, altitude, time change, overlooking W&M... those are all factors fans talk about. In reality, I don't expect any of those to be much factors in the final score, whatever it may be.

Chalupa Batman
December 8th, 2022, 12:31 PM

They know exactly how tough of an opponent "Williams" & Mary is going to be.....

https://twitter.com/MSUBobcats_FB/status/1599856272731705345?t=C5HRPBlP2cxlErIH9wxzFg&s=19

FUBeAR
December 8th, 2022, 12:54 PM
‘Weather, altitude, and time change won’t be much of a factor’…

https://media.tenor.com/cZS9mNef40gAAAAM/james-harden-bye-felicia.gif

catbob
December 8th, 2022, 01:00 PM
Coach Vigen will not let his staff or players overlook anyone, I don't think MSU has ever had a coach who has his guys ready to play and focused more than Vigen in my time as a fan, but I'm not sure why this would be the case for any coach? I mean this is a quarterfinal game in the playoffs against an 11-1, top 10 and #5 seed team from a historically strong conference. Why would anybody or team be susceptible of overlooking? If W&M wins it's because they executed better and played better.

You see a lot of confidence from MSU fans and I think a lot of that stems from the fact that we thought Weber was the 2nd best team in the bracket behind SDSU. There is certainly some familiarity bias in play. And also teams that scare MSU fans more than anything are teams that can sling the ball around and throw the rock 40 times a game. MSU is 82nd in yards allowed per game through the air but 32nd in rushing defense (which is good for #1 in the Big Sky but of course any team who plays us plummets in the rankings). Neither are elite but we feel much better about playing a team who is run heavy than an air raid. W&M is very efficient at throwing the ball and no doubt they will get some big chunk plays through the air. But in conference play only, MSU is only giving up 114 YPG on 3.7 YPC. W&M is giving up 152.4 YPG and 4.6 YPC in conference play.

catbob
December 8th, 2022, 01:21 PM
Depending on OOC schedules comparatively between two schools, will drive whether I think it's better to include OOC games or not for stat comparisons. But another valid reason for excluding OOC besides wildly different schedules in terms of FBS, D2, etc., is simply because it's early season and if you want a better gauge of how a team is doing towards the 2nd half of the season, conference only stats tell a better story. If this was a week 7 matchup, sure include OOC no matter what but both teams have 8 conference games and a playoff game under their belt, so the basic rushing stats for that:

W&M Rushing:
Offense - 406 carries 2457 yards 273 YPG 6.05 YPC
Defense - 299 carries 1419 yards 157.7 YPG 4.75 YPC

MSU Rushing:
Offense - 476 carries 3169 yards 352.1 YPG 6.66 YPC
Defense - 278 carries 1041 yards 115.7 YPG 3.74 YPC

Statistically MSU's rushing offense and defense are better in every single category. I'd say W&M's rushing offense isn't too far off MSU's but it appears MSU has a much better rushing defense, but not elite by any stretch.

I just think the gap between MSU running and W&M defending the run and W&M running and MSU defending the run is much bigger in favor in MSU. Bot SOS and quality of opponent are huge here and there is basically zero cross over to reference here, so it's really hard to get a feel for this one besides stats.

technocat
December 8th, 2022, 01:55 PM
You guys love writing off those special teams plays, but Weber has the best KR in the country and an elite PR unit. Really not that crazy that Weber scored on special teams, they do it 4+ times a year, every year. 4 safeties in one game had literally never happened before. Anyways, I digress.

But 2 has. We still win with 2. Maybe if its closer MSU kicks the FG instead of going for it on 4th and 1 late. We also scored on 3/4 of those safety kicks and those drives would have been longer and you would have had less time to make it close. Bottom line is we've beat you in a wildly random game and we've beat you in a clean game.

Bisonator
December 8th, 2022, 02:07 PM
Coach Vigen will not let his staff or players overlook anyone, I don't think MSU has ever had a coach who has his guys ready to play and focused more than Vigen in my time as a fan, but I'm not sure why this would be the case for any coach? I mean this is a quarterfinal game in the playoffs against an 11-1, top 10 and #5 seed team from a historically strong conference. Why would anybody or team be susceptible of overlooking? If W&M wins it's because they executed better and played better.

You see a lot of confidence from MSU fans and I think a lot of that stems from the fact that we thought Weber was the 2nd best team in the bracket behind SDSU. There is certainly some familiarity bias in play. And also teams that scare MSU fans more than anything are teams that can sling the ball around and throw the rock 40 times a game. MSU is 82nd in yards allowed per game through the air but 32nd in rushing defense (which is good for #1 in the Big Sky but of course any team who plays us plummets in the rankings). Neither are elite but we feel much better about playing a team who is run heavy than an air raid. W&M is very efficient at throwing the ball and no doubt they will get some big chunk plays through the air. But in conference play only, MSU is only giving up 114 YPG on 3.7 YPC. W&M is giving up 152.4 YPG and 4.6 YPC in conference play.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6f/16/6e/6f166ec9ba9c3798a27310f96ada48bc.gif

catbob
December 8th, 2022, 02:13 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6f/16/6e/6f166ec9ba9c3798a27310f96ada48bc.gif

Sorry, I meant on our side.

Bobcat99
December 8th, 2022, 03:18 PM
Sorry, I meant on our side.

Don’t be sorry, it was obvious what you meant to anybody that isn’t from North Dakota.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2022, 04:33 PM
Weber would of been bounced by Richmond and William & Mary

catbob
December 8th, 2022, 05:54 PM
Weber would of been bounced by Richmond and William & Mary

What makes you think that? Weber lost to Sac by 3 and Richmond lost to Sac by 7. Transitive properties are pretty much worthless but Weber is a really good football team. Weber's only lost to two teams, the #2 seed and the #4 seed twice.

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2022, 05:59 PM
Nah, Montana State should win this and I don't think it's going to be close.

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2022, 06:00 PM
Weber would of been bounced by Richmond and William & Mary No way on either of those teams.

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2022, 06:03 PM

Bwahahahaha come on be serious.

EDIT...OK so I saw your comment about that side of the bracket. Fair enough.

ElCid
December 8th, 2022, 06:33 PM
Depending on OOC schedules comparatively between two schools, will drive whether I think it's better to include OOC games or not for stat comparisons. But another valid reason for excluding OOC besides wildly different schedules in terms of FBS, D2, etc., is simply because it's early season and if you want a better gauge of how a team is doing towards the 2nd half of the season, conference only stats tell a better story. If this was a week 7 matchup, sure include OOC no matter what but both teams have 8 conference games and a playoff game under their belt, so the basic rushing stats for that:

Not bad reasoning. However, a case can be made for familiarity and in conf rivals as well. Teams that play each other year in and year out definitely have a leg up on each other compared to an OOC team that has never traveled to a school or even played them before, or at least not in a while. Throw in rivalries and those conf only stats may not be as useful for comparison. So these factors along with early vs later season games and there are lots of variables. Some of which may canx each other out. So not sure your conf only stats comparison is wholly accurate. I agree the D2 and FBS games can distort any comparison though. But "on average" I don't believe doing it either way is off by much when trying to compare teams.

KPSUL
December 8th, 2022, 08:48 PM
They know exactly how tough of an opponent "Williams" & Mary is going to be.....

https://twitter.com/MSUBobcats_FB/status/1599856272731705345?t=C5HRPBlP2cxlErIH9wxzFg&s=19

"Williams" is an elite academic Div 3 school in Massachusetts with football and "Mary" must be either Mary Washington or Mary Baldwin, both are small colleges in VA without football teams. Maybe if they team up they could give Montana State a good game.

KPSUL
December 8th, 2022, 09:21 PM
I just think the gap between MSU running and W&M defending the run and W&M running and MSU defending the run is much bigger in favor in MSU. Bot SOS and quality of opponent are huge here and there is basically zero cross over to reference here, so it's really hard to get a feel for this one besides stats.

Well here's a comparative stat the you may want to consider, it could mitigate the MSU slight edge in yardage for and against: The combined W-L records of all 10 Montana State FCS regular season opponents was 40-70; W&M's FCS opponents were a combined 57-53

FUBeAR
December 8th, 2022, 10:43 PM
"Williams" is an elite academic Div 3 school in Massachusetts with football and "Mary" must be either Mary Washington or Mary Baldwin, both are small colleges in VA without football teams. Maybe if they team up they could give Montana State a good game.
University of Mary Hardin-Baylor in Benton, TX has Football https://cruathletics.com/sports/football. The Crusaders will be playing in the D3 Semi-Finals on Saturday, but maybe they’d be willing to pair up with Williams and work a double shift.

…but if the Tribe will just live up to their correct name…Bill & the Beeyatch will do just fine.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2022, 10:57 PM
No way on either of those teams.

Richmond was up 28-10 on Sac St until the refs decided enough was enough

Weber has never beaten anybody

Chalupa Batman
December 8th, 2022, 11:51 PM
University of Mary Hardin-Baylor in Benton, TX has Football https://cruathletics.com/sports/football. The Crusaders will be playing in the D3 Semi-Finals on Saturday, but maybe they’d be willing to pair up with Williams and work a double shift.

…but if the Tribe will just live up to their correct name…Bill & the Beeyatch will do just fine.

There's a D2 school in Bismarck, ND called the University of Mary, Williams can pick them up too on their way out to Bozeman.

Sitting Bull
December 9th, 2022, 03:40 AM
No way on either of those teams.

Heard same 2009.
Final score: Tribe 38, Weber State 0

Sitting Bull
December 9th, 2022, 03:42 AM
There's a D2 school in Bismarck, ND called the University of Mary, Williams can pick them up too on their way out to Bozeman.

Isn’t Brokeback Mountain in Montana?

Utgrizfan
December 9th, 2022, 03:48 AM
Weber State literally blew out FBS Utah State this season alone, haven't beat anyone my ass.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2022, 06:46 AM
Weber State literally blew out FBS Utah State this season alone, haven't beat anyone my ass.

oh Cmon now, they couldn’t even beat Maine at home when it counted

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 9th, 2022, 07:25 AM

Not sure how to take your comment but Maine was certainly legit when we beat Weber State in 2018 at their place in the quarterfinals.

KPSUL
December 9th, 2022, 07:53 AM
Not sure how to take your comment but Maine was certainly legit when we beat Weber State in 2018 at their place in the quarterfinals.

Maine 2018 was a great football team, the only team that won the CAA Conference during JMU's 2016-2021 run of CAA domination. My brother lives in Ogden and is a Weber season tickets holder. He'd tell you in minute that Maine's defense in their 2018 Quarter-Final game @ Weber was the best the Weber Wildcats have faced at home since Head Coach Jay Hill arrived.

GoCatsGo84
December 9th, 2022, 07:54 AM
Heard same 2009.
Final score: Tribe 38, Weber State 0
Yes, let’s lean on 2009 final scores. This has flipped my opinion on the game today.

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 08:30 AM

Or when UTC blew them out when UTC was the third best in the SOCON? Sure it's a different team, but according to many, looking back at playoff history is a legit data point for consideration. Well, only when it suits their specific argument. When it doesn't, then it's ancient history. LOL.

Sure Weber beat a so so FBS, but so did W&M and HC. Notice how those wins are treated, by some, compared to the earth shattering Weber win? I'm not downplaying the Weber win. It was good. I'm laughing at the difference in treatment when they were only marginally different in difficulty (Massey has Utah St 0.23 rating points ahead of Buffalo, that's about a 3% difference in the rating scale used). Obviously the HC win more than the W&M win looking at the ratings, but an FBS win, especially dominating wins, are all impressive. But you wouldn't know it by looking at some folks trying to spin it though.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2022, 08:32 AM

Trust me I was pulling for the Black Bears

Sitting Bull
December 9th, 2022, 08:43 AM
Yes, let’s lean on 2009 final scores. This has flipped my opinion on the game today.

Nice deflection.
Weber won 1st round. So did Gardner Webb. (burp).
Weber State = Flat tire

GoCatsGo84
December 9th, 2022, 09:13 AM
Nice deflection.
Weber State = Flat tire

Nice deflection? We’ve got people almost driving who were born in 2009. Let’s do better than a 2009 score. Welcome to 2022 Football.

State on this page that you believe Gardner Webb would beat Weber state. Is this the road you wanna go down?

TypicalTribe96
December 9th, 2022, 09:24 AM
Nice deflection? We’ve got people almost driving who were born in 2009. Let’s do better than a 2009 score. Welcome to 2022 Football.

State on this page that you believe Gardner Webb would beat Weber state. Is this the road you wanna go down?

I don't want to go down any road where 12-13 year olds are driving.

Sitting Bull
December 9th, 2022, 09:31 AM

I wouldn’t be so dense as to imply they couldn’t.

GoCatsGo84
December 9th, 2022, 09:47 AM
Nice deflection.
Weber State = Flat tire

Deflection? That’s the final score you’re leaning on for relevance for a Friday night game in 2022. Nicely done.

You think gardener Webb beats Weber state? Yikes.

FUBeAR
December 9th, 2022, 09:50 AM
So Weber and Webb are NOT the same Team?

who knew?

GoCatsGo84
December 9th, 2022, 09:52 AM
I wouldn’t be so dense as to imply they couldn’t.
I guess I’ll be the first to say Weber state wins that one. Not much of a limb to go out on. Anything else from 2009 you’d like to talk about? Or shall we continue with 2022-23?

GoCatsGo84
December 9th, 2022, 09:53 AM
I don't want to go down any road where 12-13 year olds are driving.
Well considering it’s a couple weeks from 2023 we’re talking 13-14. To my knowledge that qualifies as “almost”. But if you wanna split hairs sure. Excited for the game tonight. SDSU owes us a semifinal game at their place. Should be fun!

MSUBobcat
December 9th, 2022, 09:54 AM
Or when UTC blew them out when UTC was the third best in the SOCON? Sure it's a different team, but according to many, looking back at playoff history is a legit data point for consideration. Well, only when it suits their specific argument. When it doesn't, then it's ancient history. LOL.

Sure Weber beat a so so FBS, but so did W&M and HC. Notice how those wins are treated, by some, compared to the earth shattering Weber win? I'm not downplaying the Weber win. It was good. I'm laughing at the difference in treatment when they were only marginally different in difficulty (Massey has Utah St 0.23 rating points ahead of Buffalo, that's about a 3% difference in the rating scale used). Obviously the HC win more than the W&M win looking at the ratings, but an FBS win, especially dominating wins, are all impressive. But you wouldn't know it by looking at some folks trying to spin it though.

Yes, Buffalo is just slightly below Utah State in Massey... and Holy Cross required a last second Hail Mary to beat Buffalo. Weber blew out Utah State in the second half for a dominating victory, 28 point margin. W&M beat one of the worst teams in FBS (Massey #125 out of 130) by 17. So yes, while all 3 teams had a nice FBS scalp, one outshines the others, IMO. Weber beat the highest "ranked" FBS out of the 3 and by the most points, by far.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2022, 10:01 AM
Holy crap it’s true, the Montana State fans are punch drunk happy JMU won’t be visiting Bozeman tonight and have completely overlooked William & Mary in this one

Sitting Bull
December 9th, 2022, 10:06 AM
I just never expected that MSU fans would have to try and make Weber sound like Alabama just to make themselves feel like big boys. Get over it.

MSUBobcat
December 9th, 2022, 10:16 AM
I just never expected that MSU fans would have to try and make Weber sound like Alabama just to make themselves feel like big boys. Get over it.

Lulz.

Chalupa Batman
December 9th, 2022, 10:19 AM
Holy crap it’s true, the Montana State fans are punch drunk happy JMU won’t be visiting Bozeman tonight and have completely overlooked William & Mary in this one

I'm expecting a great game tonight. Both teams will move the ball very well and it will come down to turnovers and who can score TD's and not have to settle for FG's in the red zone. I think Montana State is the better team, but by kickoff W&M will be very very sick of hearing how they have no chance. Still I think Montana State pulls this one out but wouldn't surprise me if the Tribe win.

Sitting Bull
December 9th, 2022, 10:22 AM
Lulz.

Goym

MSUBobcat
December 9th, 2022, 10:42 AM
Goym

No idea what that means. Use your words.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2022, 10:46 AM
I'm expecting a great game tonight. Both teams will move the ball very well and it will come down to turnovers and who can score TD's and not have to settle for FG's in the red zone. I think Montana State is the better team, but by kickoff W&M will be very very sick of hearing how they have no chance. Still I think Montana State pulls this one out but wouldn't surprise me if the Tribe win.

and that opinion is based off all of those CAA and in particular, William & Mary games you watched this year right

Sitting Bull
December 9th, 2022, 10:51 AM
I think we should just halt the playoffs right now and just schedule a Weber State vs Furman national championship game. It would be epic.

MSUBobcat
December 9th, 2022, 10:55 AM
I think we should just halt the playoffs right now and just schedule a Weber State vs Furman national championship game. It would be epic.

What is this infatuation with Weber? All because we think Weber has a better run D than W&M? Weird.

Sitting Bull
December 9th, 2022, 11:02 AM
What is this infatuation with Weber? All because we think Weber has a better run D than W&M? Weird.

Haven’t you heard? They beat Utah State!!!

MSUBobcat
December 9th, 2022, 11:02 AM

Still have no idea where this idea that the fans are overlooking W&M is coming from. I know lots of Bobcat fans; not a single one thinks this will be an easy win or is looking past them. If we (fans) thought it was a gimme, the thousands of fans who will be in attendance would just watch from the comfort of our own home, not standing in the cold until midnight local time. I expect a very hard fought game between two similar schools, with hopefully no injuries to the student-athletes. This could be a classic in the making.

catbob
December 9th, 2022, 11:07 AM
This is the weirdest preview thread I've ever seen. Everyone is just arguing about how good the rest of the conference is and if the 3rd place Big Sky team could beat the 2nd place CAA team. We've got references to cross conference games from 13 years ago and a Coastal Carolina game against the Griz in 2013. Most of the discussions appears to be around who had the better schedule, not a lot of actual football talk.

Ah well, gameday! Let's go Cats.

FUBeAR
December 9th, 2022, 11:09 AM
This is the weirdest preview thread I've ever seen.No way!

The Furman @ Incarnate Word thread is the National Champion of Weird Preview/Game/Post-Game/Post-Post-Post-Extra Game Threads!

catbob
December 9th, 2022, 11:13 AM

It's probably stemming from what I said about MSU fans being confident in part because we thought Weber was the 3rd best team on our side of the bracket (I said 2nd but I meant behind us and SDSU). So now there is just a big argument on how good Weber is or isn't but it doesn't matter, I was only using it as a data point for MSU's confidence level.

MSU has has outscored their last 3 opponents, 2 of them teams that both won a playoff game, 160-74 and rushed for 1,381 yards on their way to 1,859 yards of total offense and only punted one time total. MSU has scored on 28 of it's last 31 possessions and 2 of those were kneel downs to end the game. Many of us feel we are playing our best football right now, we are healthier than we've been all season, so yes we are confident in a victory. It's at home where we haven't lost since 2019.

Chalupa Batman
December 9th, 2022, 11:22 AM
and that opinion is based off all of those CAA and in particular, William & Mary games you watched this year right

Where did you have the two teams ranked?

KPSUL
December 9th, 2022, 12:42 PM
After carefully considering all the subjective analysis and cherry-picked data offered on this thread, the 2018 Maine team, 2013 Coastal Carolina vs the other Montana team and the many games played between Big Sky and the CAA this regular season (zero?) I've go no idea which team will win this game. So I went to my Magic 8 Ball; I got two "Try again later" responses, and finally this morning I asked will W&M win? The Response was "Outlook good". Well, that's good enough for me! William & Mary - 34, Montana State - 31.

MSUBobcat
December 9th, 2022, 12:53 PM
After carefully considering all the subjective analysis and cherry-picked data offered on this thread, the 2018 Maine team, 2013 Coastal Carolina vs the other Montana team and the many games played between Big Sky and the CAA this regular season (zero?) I've go no idea which team will win this game. So I went to my Magic 8 Ball; I got two "Try again later" responses, and finally this morning I asked will W&M win? The Response was "Outlook good". Well, that's good enough for me! William & Mary - 34, Montana State - 31.

As valid a prediction as any other. Or maybe the Magic 8-ball was just telling you its opinion on Outlook as an email software in a Yoda-esque manner? I think it'll be a less than 10 point margin either way, and the spread was -10.5 @ -112 and dropped to -130 to give up 1 less point (-9.5), so I bet the over on most of my parlays. (I won't bet against my team to cover, so if I think the spread is too big, I go for the over/under instead).

Is it gametime yet?!?! Let's GO!!

FUBeAR
December 9th, 2022, 12:56 PM
https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/586d3920f7e0ab4e4969d882/1524532547405-EJBEKM0P9HGTKAKG6ZFA/7+copy.gif

KPSUL
December 9th, 2022, 12:58 PM
Where did you have the two teams ranked?

As C-Hens biggest fan (does he have any others?) I can testify that he was real big on Delaware at the start of the season, although also big on William and Mary. He liked Elon's and Richmond's playoff chances until Elon lost to UNH, at which time he dropped them like a hot rock. Richmond was in his top two at the end of the season. It seems like he forgot there was a team called New Hampshire in the CAA once they won too many games. But to be fair, he has been high on W&M all season (and likely Jamaican Ganga as well).

CopperCat
December 9th, 2022, 01:02 PM

No. Not even a little bit.

Chalupa Batman
December 9th, 2022, 01:48 PM
As C-Hens biggest fan (does he have any others?) I can testify that he was real big on Delaware at the start of the season, although also big on William and Mary. He liked Elon's and Richmond's playoff chances until Elon lost to UNH, at which time he dropped them like a hot rock. Richmond was in his top two at the end of the season. It seems like he forgot there was a team called New Hampshire in the CAA once they won too many games. But to be fair, he has been high on W&M all season (and likely Jamaican Ganga as well).I'm a fan of C-Hen too. He's an active poster who livens up the board, and as I'm finding out first hand very, very, very, persistent! [emoji23].

I was just curious where he had the two teams ranked in relation to each other since I didn't see a poll from him in the final ranking thread. I had the Tribe #4 and the AGS consensus had them at #6.

WMnepa
December 9th, 2022, 03:30 PM
It's probably stemming from what I said about MSU fans being confident in part because we thought Weber was the 3rd best team on our side of the bracket (I said 2nd but I meant behind us and SDSU). So now there is just a big argument on how good Weber is or isn't but it doesn't matter, I was only using it as a data point for MSU's confidence level.

MSU has has outscored their last 3 opponents, 2 of them teams that both won a playoff game, 160-74 and rushed for 1,381 yards on their way to 1,859 yards of total offense and only punted one time total. MSU has scored on 28 of it's last 31 possessions and 2 of those were kneel downs to end the game. Many of us feel we are playing our best football right now, we are healthier than we've been all season, so yes we are confident in a victory. It's at home where we haven't lost since 2019.

And you should be confident with those numbers.

William & Mary, on the other hand, has outscored our last 3 opponents, 2 of them teams that won a playoff game and the other a team that was favored to win the conference at the start of the season, 136-52 with 1661 total yards of offense. One of those games was against our arch rival on the road and in the two other games we called off the dogs in the 3rd quarter. That's not too shabby, either, which is why we are feeling pretty good about ourselves.

I personally don't have a problem with MSU fans predicting a blowout, football is fun when your team is good and your fans are confident. I'm sure you understand why we disagree with your predictions, though. We'll find out soon. Go Tribe!

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2022, 03:36 PM
As C-Hens biggest fan (does he have any others?) I can testify that he was real big on Delaware at the start of the season, although also big on William and Mary. He liked Elon's and Richmond's playoff chances until Elon lost to UNH, at which time he dropped them like a hot rock. Richmond was in his top two at the end of the season. It seems like he forgot there was a team called New Hampshire in the CAA once they won too many games. But to be fair, he has been high on W&M all season (and likely Jamaican Ganga as well).

Was never high on Elon,

Pre season I had
1) Richmond
2) Delaware
3) William & Mary

after William handled Delaware I cooled off on the Hens and maintained the basic argument that William and especially Richmond were being overlooked in not only the AGS polls but the National polls as well and were good enough to play with the best teams in the country. I think Richmond proved that last Saturday and tonight will be Williams turn.

Elon was a weird team but I never pumped them because I never trusted

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2022, 03:45 PM
I'm a fan of C-Hen too. He's an active poster who livens up the board, and as I'm finding out first hand very, very, very, persistent! [emoji23].

I was just curious where he had the two teams ranked in relation to each other since I didn't see a poll from him in the final ranking thread. I had the Tribe #4 and the AGS consensus had them at #6.

The reason I’m persistent with you is you don’t get offended and always provide your reasons. Plus you run some really good games that make this a better place

Hello Caribbeanhen ,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 11/20/2022 6:35:13

Your vote is listed below.

1: Sac State Hornets
2: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
3: Montana State Bobcats
4: William & Mary Tribe
5: Samford Bulldogs
6: North Dakota State Bison
7: Incarnate Word Cardinals
8: Holy Cross Crusaders
9: Furman Paladins
10: Weber State Wildcats
11: Jackson State Tigers
12: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
13: Elon Phoenix
14: New Hampshire Wildcats
15: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks
16: UC Davis Aggies
17: Idaho Vandals
18: Richmond Spiders
19: Yale Bulldogs
20: Montana Grizzlies
21: St. Francis Red Flash
22: Mercer Bears
23: Chattanooga Mocs
24: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
25: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens

Caribbeanhen

SeattleCat
December 9th, 2022, 03:50 PM
And you should be confident with those numbers.

William & Mary, on the other hand, has outscored our last 3 opponents, 2 of them teams that won a playoff game and the other a team that was favored to win the conference at the start of the season, 136-52 with 1661 total yards of offense. One of those games was against our arch rival on the road and in the two other games we called off the dogs in the 3rd quarter. That's not too shabby, either, which is why we are feeling pretty good about ourselves.

I personally don't have a problem with MSU fans predicting a blowout, football is fun when your team is good and your fans are confident. I'm sure you understand why we disagree with your predictions, though. We'll find out soon. Go Tribe!

Where are these blowout predictions you speak of? I think most MSU fans are confident in a Win, but imo it will only be 10-7 pts and that seems to be a consensus amongst Bobcat fans I interact with, not really a blowout.

Chalupa Batman
December 9th, 2022, 04:03 PM
The reason I’m persistent with you is you don’t get offended and always provide your reasons. Plus you run some really good games that make this a better place

Hello Caribbeanhen ,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 11/20/2022 6:35:13

Your vote is listed below.

18: Richmond Spiders

Caribbeanhen

It must be working, I had Richmond at #13.

Dammit now I just encouraged more of it! [emoji23]

MSUBobcat
December 9th, 2022, 04:14 PM
Where are these blowout predictions you speak of? I think most MSU fans are confident in a Win, but imo it will only be 10-7 pts and that seems to be a consensus amongst Bobcat fans I interact with, not really a blowout.

Wondering the same. I think one Bobcat fan predicted a big differential and a Bison fan pi ked like 38-17 or something (not going back to find it) but everyone I talk to is cautiously optimistic. We know this is a solid team coming in.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2022, 04:19 PM
It must be working, I had Richmond at #13.

Dammit now I just encouraged more of it! [emoji23]

#13 sounds about right

I noticed my top 8 are all still alive

wml33t
December 9th, 2022, 07:52 PM

Wondering the same. I think one Bobcat fan predicted a big differential and a Bison fan pi ked like 38-17 or something (not going back to find it) but everyone I talk to is cautiously optimistic. We know this is a solid team coming in.

Do you visit your own bobcat forum? At least 50% of the predictions are a more than 2 score win, usually 20+, for MSU.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 08:34 PM
Time to get the fire stoked for this one! I can smell the cold, crisp Bozeman air!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 09:29 PM
W&M QB is slight. He's going to have to stand up physically....

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 9th, 2022, 09:38 PM
#1, ugh bad drop would have been the 1st 1st down.

dewey
December 9th, 2022, 09:38 PM
#1, ugh bad drop would have been the 1st 1st down.

Absolutely! Got to catch that ball.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 09:40 PM
Bobcat OL is moving people now...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 09:42 PM
Good drive that ends in a FG. I feel like MSU got a little too cute...

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 9th, 2022, 09:43 PM
3-0 Bobcats, Tribe did well not to give up 7.

dewey
December 9th, 2022, 09:45 PM
Great job by William & Mary holding MSU to a field goal.

Dewey

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 09:47 PM
Bill and Mary's offense is uh....not that impressive so far.

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 09:49 PM
W&M QB is slight. He's going to have to stand up physically....

I don't know, he looked pretty hardy on his last run. Didn't go down very easy.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 09:50 PM
This looks like a mismatch....

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I think once MSU finds their groove, this one's over.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 09:51 PM
TD Bobcats....

This could get real ugly...

UNHWildcat18
December 9th, 2022, 09:53 PM
Not sure if I’m blind but on that 3rd down play for William and Mary, he went out one yard shy and the Ref straight up put it 2 yards behind the marker? Did anyone notice that?

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if I’m blind but on that 3rd down play for William and Mary, he went out one yard shy and the Ref straight up put it 2 yards behind the marker? Did anyone notice that?

- - - Updated - - -

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 9th, 2022, 09:53 PM
W & M needs to move the ball or agree this could get ugly.

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 10:01 PM
Yeah, this one's over.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 10:02 PM
W&M is putting forth a sad performance. My goodness....they should have stayed in Williamsburg....

Karl Havoc
December 9th, 2022, 10:02 PM
Montana State is really effing good.

ElCid
December 9th, 2022, 10:03 PM
Well that was a back breaker.

UNHWildcat18
December 9th, 2022, 10:05 PM
Pretty crazy how Richmond repped the conference so well last week vs the top Big Sky team…. Now W&M is getting crushed vs the other top Big Sky team.

I truly think MSU is better than Sac State and is the only team that can compete vs SDSU/NDSU….. this year……

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 10:20 PM
Not sure about that PI call.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 10:20 PM
TD Bobcats!

Good grief...

MSUBobcat
December 9th, 2022, 10:21 PM
Do you visit your own bobcat forum? At least 50% of the predictions are a more than 2 score win, usually 20+, for MSU.

No.

GoCatsGo84
December 9th, 2022, 10:22 PM
What was that 2009 score?

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2022, 10:23 PM

Cmon man, You should’ve just called it like you knew it

uofmman1122
I'm not sure W&M would've been higher than 4th or 5th in the Big Sky this season. :D

SeattleCat
I tried to tell our team to stop disrespecting you guys but they wouldn't listen. xcoffeex

CopperCat
December 9th, 2022, 10:24 PM
W&M has ONE first down....and it comes off of a penalty.

ysubigred
December 9th, 2022, 10:24 PM
Damn.. The Bill and Mary coach went to the school of Bo Pelini for temper.[emoji2959]

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 10:26 PM
Oh god, they ran the Robin Pflugrad play. lol

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 10:27 PM
Good night

Bison56
December 9th, 2022, 10:28 PM
CAA CAA CAA

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 10:28 PM
What a terrible throw...

I honestly can't get over how bad W&M looks. MSU is beastly but I thought the Tribe would at least put forth a solid effort....

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2022, 10:30 PM
What a terrible throw...

I honestly can't get over how bad W&M looks. MSU is beastly but I thought the Tribe would at least put forth a solid effort....

Things have a tendency to snowball in Montana

The Kicker
December 9th, 2022, 10:31 PM
Well ****

ysubigred
What a terrible throw...

I honestly can't get over how bad W&M looks. MSU is beastly but I thought the Tribe would at least put forth a solid effort....Maybe W&M is a 2nd half team..

Schism55
CAA got 5 teams in the 24 team field, and none is going to make it out of the quarterfinals, WOOF!

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

CopperCat
December 9th, 2022, 10:33 PM
Things have a tendency to snowball in Montana

Is this "overlooking" or is it something else?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 10:35 PM
Nice kick!

'Cats 27-0....

Bisonator
December 9th, 2022, 10:38 PM
I thought this was going to be a good game. Bill and Mary look like they missed the plane.

SDFS
December 9th, 2022, 10:41 PM
CAA got 5 teams in the 24 team field, and none is going to make it out of the quarterfinals, WOOF!

Yeah, only 3 from the Valley.. Samford and Bill and Mary got punched in the mouth and did nothing. They rolled over. What is SDSU going to do to Holy Cross tomorrow?

SeattleCat
December 9th, 2022, 10:44 PM
Cut down the Jackrabbits! HC is now my second favorite team.

POD Knows
December 9th, 2022, 10:47 PM
Cut down the Jackrabbits! HC is now my second favorite team.
SDSU is gonna slaughter HC.

SeattleCat
December 9th, 2022, 10:53 PM
SDSU is gonna slaughter HC.

You know, it's not that I don't want to see us play SDSU, honestly if I was SDSU I wouldn't want to play the Bobcats, I just want 1 more game in Bozeman. Bozeman makes the FCS look good, great atmosphere tonight.

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 10:55 PM
You know, it's not that I don't want to see us play SDSU, honestly if I was SDSU I wouldn't want to play the Bobcats, I just want 1 more game in Bozeman. Bozeman makes the FCS look good, great atmosphere tonight.
After last year's game, I would be surprised if they don't want a rematch.

SeattleCat
December 9th, 2022, 10:56 PM
Maybe, but the Bobcats are on fire right now.

CopperCat
December 9th, 2022, 11:01 PM

This bull comes with some serious horns. I wouldn't want to play this team at all if I was SDSU.

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD Bobcats! took 20 seconds...

W&M is putting forth an all-time no-show performance. SDSU at JMU comes to mind....

SeattleCat
I don't think they want to play anymore.

semobison
December 9th, 2022, 11:04 PM

The CAA’s best win in the playoffs was Richmond losing to Sac State!

KPSUL
W&M guys playing like they are all suffering from hypothermia.

uofmman1122
This is embarrassing.

Go Lehigh TU owl
I don't think they want to play anymore.

W&M wants no part of competition tonight. Completely going through the motions at this point....

Whampas
December 9th, 2022, 11:05 PM
William and Mary has quit. Not a good look.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 11:08 PM
Ouch...MSU needs to get out of here healthy at this point...

SeattleCat
December 9th, 2022, 11:09 PM
If it's any consolation to Tribe fans, this will make your team better. Every beating we took at the hands of the Bison have molded us into the team you played today.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 11:13 PM
Running clock?

ysubigred
December 9th, 2022, 11:15 PM
Please lord no more automatic bids.. not sure Bill and Mary would have anything for 0-11 WIU..

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 11:17 PM
Watching this game makes me wonder...

London thinking about leaving?
W&M going to have a portal exodus?

POD Knows
December 9th, 2022, 11:17 PM
Embarrassing and now W&M getting chippy.

Utgrizfan
December 9th, 2022, 11:20 PM
Hope MSU gets smart and pulls their starters, save them for next week.

wml33t
December 9th, 2022, 11:22 PM
Watching this game makes me wonder...

London thinking about leaving?
W&M going to have a portal exodus?

Pretty ridiculous statement because of one poor game against a very good team after a historic season.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 11:25 PM
Pretty ridiculous statement because of one poor game against a very good team after a historic season.

Not this time of the year....

Sac State coach linked to other jobs...
UIW coach known to be leaving...

Plus, I think W&M's 2009 team was much better than this edition.

W&M's effort and preparation are atrocious. Players are not competing for each other or their coach.....

-

POD Knows
December 9th, 2022, 11:27 PM
What an ass kicking and now Bill and Mary getting hit with unsportsmanlike penalties. Up to 4 now I think.

JacksFan40
December 9th, 2022, 11:28 PM
We play them next year anyways, so I would’ve been happy waiting until next season for revenge. Montana State is the hottest team in the FCS and it’s not even close.

uofmman1122
This W&M QB is just not impressive at all.

Utgrizfan
MSU needs to pull their starters now that the Tribe are starting to cheap shot.

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2022, 11:30 PM
We play them next year anyways, so I would’ve been happy waiting until next season for revenge. Montana State is the hottest team in the FCS and it’s not even close.
No argument there. Although you guys get them at home, in either case. They're definitely a different team in Bozeman, although still dangerous on the road.

JacksFan40
December 9th, 2022, 11:30 PM
TD Bobcats! took 20 seconds...

W&M is putting forth an all-time no-show performance. SDSU at JMU comes to mind....
We turned the ball over 10 times that game, so that explains why we got beaten so bad. We beat ourselves as much as JMU beat us. I’m not sure if that makes it better or worse.

FUBeAR
December 9th, 2022, 11:31 PM
The CAA’s best win in the playoffs was Richmond losing to Sac State!
This is, verbatim, what FUBeAR came here to say.

Poll Voters, Computer algorithms, and most importantly, the Selection Committee must realize, next year, that CAA Football is only the slightest margin, if at all, better than NEC and Patriot League Football.

Serious doubt that the CAA merits more than 1 At Large bid, if that, going forward. Other than Richmond @ SacState, no CAA Team was even close to being competitive in their games outside of playing NEC, PL, Big South, or PFL Teams - all 1 bid leagues, barring the rare exception.

#DefundTheCommittee

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 11:32 PM
Another Bobcat TD!! wow!!

uofmman1122
No need to watch anymore of this one.

JacksFan40
No argument there. Although you guys get them at home, in either case. They're definitely a different team in Bozeman, although still dangerous on the road.
It’ll help not playing in front of a packed Bobcat Stadium, instead it’ll be a half empty Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium. I do have some confidence though because we can stop the run, not sure if we’ll be able to slow down the Cats though.

But first and foremost we need to worry about 12-0 Holy Cross tomorrow.

POD Knows
December 9th, 2022, 11:33 PM
Omfg. Seriously. JFC.

Utgrizfan
Yup GG.

wml33t
This W&M QB is just not impressive at all.

I promise - this game is not a reflection of his ability or typical performance. Whether it's MSU, the conditions, or what he is completely off his game.

JacksFan40

Poll Voters, Computer algorithms, and most importantly, the Selection Committee must realize, next year, that CAA Football is only the slightest margin, if at all, better than NEC and Patriot League Football.

Serious doubt that the CAA merits more than 1 At Large bid, if that, going forward. Other than Richmond @ SacState no CAA Team was even close to competitive in their games outside of playing NEC, PL, Big South, or PFL Teams - all 1 bid leagues, barring the rare exception.
Delaware beat the NEC champions 56-17, so I’d say the CAA is still well ahead of them.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 11:34 PM
We turned the ball over 10 times that game, so that explains why we got beaten so bad. We beat ourselves as much as JMU beat us. I’m not sure if that makes it better or worse.

Georgia Southern turned it over 7 times in the 1998 national title game and lost by 9. SDSU was run...

This is an all-time quit/no-show effort by W&M....

ysubigred
Turn out the lights the party is over..

uofmman1122
At least we don't have the most embarrassing loss to MSU this season anymore lmao

POD Knows
It’ll help not playing in front of a packed Bobcat Stadium, instead it’ll be a half empty Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium. I do have some confidence though because we can stop the run, not sure if we’ll be able to slow down the Cats though.

But first and foremost we need to worry about 12-0 Holy Cross tomorrow.
Holy Cross is t as good as William and Mary and Montana State is about to drop a hundo on them. If you don’t beat a Patriot team by 50 you have no chance against MSU

ysubigred
December 9th, 2022, 11:35 PM
Delaware beat the NEC champions 56-17, so I’d say the CAA is still well ahead of them.No more automatic bids.. thanks.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 11:36 PM
Holy Cross is t as good as William and Mary and Montana State is about to drop a hundo on them. If you don’t beat a Patriot team by 50 you have no chance against MSU

Bob Chesney is a better coach than London. HC will be prepared...

HC vs SDSU will be more like Samford vs NDSU...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 11:38 PM
Keeping the hammer down!...wow...

granted, MSU kids have a right to still compete....

JacksFan40
December 9th, 2022, 11:39 PM
Georgia Southern turned it over 7 times in the 1998 national title game and lost by 9. SDSU was run...

This is an all-time quit/no-show effort by W&M....
The fact that Georgia Southern was still in that game after 7 turnovers says more about UMass than Georgia Southern. JMU absolutely made us pay for those turnovers.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2022, 11:41 PM
The fact that Georgia Southern was still in that game after 7 turnovers says more about UMass than Georgia Southern. JMU absolutely made us pay for those turnovers.

That GSU team won the next two national titles. They were absolutely loaded. UMass put up 53 points so they made GSU pay.

The Eagles offense was unstoppable back then....

JacksFan40
December 9th, 2022, 11:51 PM
That GSU team won the next two national titles. They were absolutely loaded. UMass put up 53 points so they made GSU pay.

The Eagles offense was unstoppable back then....
Guess I didn’t really watch I-AA back in those days, was to busy watch SDSU get bodied in D2 by St. Cloud State and Omaha.

SeattleCat
December 9th, 2022, 11:58 PM
Not to disappoint everyone, but nearly our entire team is back next year.

SeattleCat
December 10th, 2022, 12:08 AM
TD W&M. Yep Big Sky is overrated.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 10th, 2022, 12:15 AM
Congrats Bobcats!

Hopefully W&M is able to build on this. I'm not sure they will though....

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2022, 12:28 AM
The only optimism I would have about SDSU playing Montana State (assuming we win against HC) is that the Bobcats aren’t the same team away from Bozeman. In their five road games it’s went…

@ Oregon State L 68-28
@ Eastern Washington W 38-35
@ Northern Colorado W 37-14
@ Northern Arizona W 41-38
@ Cal Poly W 72-28

They don’t seem be as dominant on the road outside of the Cal Poly game, could be a crucial advantage to have the game in Brookings.

Silenoz
December 10th, 2022, 12:29 AM
Everyone: What is happening here?
Griz fans:
https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod/images/maxresdefault-1605111824.jpg
https://tenor.com/view/meme-leonardo-dicaprio-budweiser-gif-21338407
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftenor.com%2Fsearch%2Fleo-dicaprio-meme-gifs&psig=AOvVaw0SDAHitV6zzA2Ppj7KHH3V&ust=1670739606125000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA8QjRxqFwoTCJC98J607vsCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAI

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2022, 12:34 AM
Griz fans:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftenor.com%2Fsearch%2Fleo-dicaprio-meme-gifs&psig=AOvVaw0SDAHitV6zzA2Ppj7KHH3V&ust=1670739606125000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA8QjRxqFwoTCJC98J607vsCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAI
Jesus dude lmao

SeattleCat
December 10th, 2022, 12:37 AM
Griz fans:
xlolx

Karl Havoc
December 10th, 2022, 01:00 AM
xlolx

Weber fans too….

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2022, 01:00 AM
Griz fans:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftenor.com%2Fsearch%2Fleo-dicaprio-meme-gifs&psig=AOvVaw0SDAHitV6zzA2Ppj7KHH3V&ust=1670739606125000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA8QjRxqFwoTCJC98J607vsCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAIWell played

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bobcat99
December 10th, 2022, 01:35 AM

50-33.

I knew I was being too generous to them.

GoCatsGo84
December 10th, 2022, 01:49 AM
I haven’t seen a W&M poster since 8:15 MT. They never finished that story about 2009..

kdinva
December 10th, 2022, 07:56 AM
....This is an all-time quit/no-show effort by W&M....

never would have thunk it.....i went to bed when it was 17-0. W&M looked dis-interested in that weather.

kdinva
December 10th, 2022, 07:58 AM
folks were bashing Samford for their effort in Fargo......samford would have beaten W&M by 30 based on both team's efforts

FUBeAR
December 10th, 2022, 08:30 AM
folks were bashing Samford for their effort in Fargo......samford would have beaten W&M by 30 based on both team's efforts
All of the top 6 Teams in the SoCon would have beaten W&M by 30.

Seems the PFL’s next-to-last place finisher, non-scholarship, 2-9 Morehead State squad, who lost to Montana State by about the same margin, is just about the right level of match-up for the CAA Champion.

4 At Large bids…¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#DefundTheCommittee

ysubigred
December 10th, 2022, 08:34 AM

Seems the PFL’s next-to-last place finisher, non-scholarship, 2-9 Morehead State squad, who lost to Montana State by about the same margin, is just about the right level of match-up for the CAA Champion.

#DefundTheCommittee

Yup and 0-11 WIU would have beat 5 of the 6 top SOCON teams by 7..

FU.. did I do that right?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WMnepa
December 10th, 2022, 09:11 AM
If it's any consolation to Tribe fans, this will make your team better. Every beating we took at the hands of the Bison have molded us into the team you played today.

I'll take any consolation I can get. Turns out you guys should've been more confident!

Good luck going forward, the road obviously gets tougher but if you play like you did tonight you won't need much luck.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2022, 10:05 AM

Serious doubt that the CAA merits more than 1 At Large bid, if that, going forward. Other than Richmond @ SacState, no CAA Team was even close to being competitive in their games outside of playing NEC, PL, Big South, or PFL Teams - all 1 bid leagues, barring the rare exception.

#DefundTheCommittee

but Gardner Webb .... 😂

Sitting Bull
December 10th, 2022, 11:23 AM
I haven’t seen a W&M poster since 8:15 MT. They never finished that story about 2009..

I’m still here!! Great atmosphere in Bozeman. Disappointed but had a great time, all season.

HensRock
December 10th, 2022, 12:04 PM

Not at all. I'd say CAA is midway between.

CAA :: NEC/Pat
as
MVFC :: CAA

See:
SFU @ Delaware
vs.
Delaware @ SDSU

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2022, 12:09 PM
After watching this game after getting home from the Bison game, I expected a lot more out of W&M. Total mismatch.

UNHWildcat18
December 10th, 2022, 01:46 PM

#DefundTheCommittee

there you go with single game math to determine conference over all strength. Guess what yet again the socon Didn’t make the semi finals and didn’t make it further than the CAA. Socon is still irrelevant since GSU left

#noonecaresaboutthesocon

GoCatsGo84
December 10th, 2022, 02:27 PM
I’m still here!! Great atmosphere in Bozeman. Disappointed but had a great time, all season.

Good! I hope you had a blast and met some people at tailgates. Heard pourhouse was all green and yellow Friday late afternoon/ early evening.

catbob
December 12th, 2022, 02:25 PM
W&M isn't as bad as what they showed, they ran into a frigid buzzsaw and frankly looked like they wanted to be anywhere but Bozeman after it was about 10-0, some never looked like they wanted to be there.

I was pretty worried W&M was going to get their yards but was never worried about MSU getting theirs. But W&M didn't even cross the 50 yard line until like 4 minutes left in the 1st half. They were completely shut down.

I didn't expect this, but no complaints! Onto Brookings.

MSUBobcat
December 12th, 2022, 02:48 PM
W&M isn't as bad as what they showed, they ran into a frigid buzzsaw and frankly looked like they wanted to be anywhere but Bozeman after it was about 10-0, some never looked like they wanted to be there.

I was pretty worried W&M was going to get their yards but was never worried about MSU getting theirs. But W&M didn't even cross the 50 yard line until like 4 minutes left in the 1st half. They were completely shut down.

I didn't expect this, but no complaints! Onto Brookings.

I was 4th row behind W&M. I gave Yoder a fair amount of ribbing about being parked in front of the torpedo heater before the game even started.

https://i.postimg.cc/6pRfWjKV/20221209-201510.jpg

Also, didn't even notice that Cam Newton was 5 seats to my left until I heard him yell, "Wake the f*** up, William and Mary!!" After that outburst, everyone in the section was like, "Oh ****, there's Cam Newton". He relocated to the W&M section shortly afterward.

https://i.postimg.cc/7YBLW7Wg/20221209-203322.jpg

POD Knows
December 12th, 2022, 02:51 PM
I was 4th row behind W&M. I gave Yoder a fair amount of ribbing about being parked in front of the torpedo heater before the game even started.

https://i.postimg.cc/6pRfWjKV/20221209-201510.jpg

Also, didn't even notice that Cam Newton was 5 seats to my left until I heard him yell, "Wake the f*** up, William and Mary!!" After that outburst, everyone in the section was like, "Oh ****, there's Cam Newton". He relocated to the W&M section shortly afterward.

https://i.postimg.cc/7YBLW7Wg/20221209-203322.jpgYoder was the only guy that showed up for Bill and Mary. W and M probably dropped the worst showing in the FCS playoffs ever.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2022, 02:54 PM
Does Montana Stare use garden hoses to create that tremendous home field advantage.... kind of like turning the field into a big green frozen ice rink? And bringing the right skates for the job?

By hook or by crook it’s all good

POD Knows
December 12th, 2022, 02:59 PM
Does Montana Stare use garden hoses to create that tremendous home field advantage.... kind of like turning the field into a big green frozen ice rink? And bringing the right skates for the job?

By hook or by crook it’s all goodSeriously dude, are you still all in on this, my God

Sitting Bull
December 12th, 2022, 03:05 PM
Yoder was the only guy that showed up for Bill and Mary. W and M probably dropped the worst showing in the FCS playoffs ever.

I love how you close your comments with a quote from one of our alums, Thomas Jefferson.
Now do one from an ND State alum!